Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Hazamada just threw up in Rohan's studio and everyone's ok with this. its all over his hand and he's touching Koichi's shoulder and Rohan's manuscript, come on Hazamada.

I thought it was weird that Hazamada, who has no problem gouging people's eyes out, would be so squeamish over a spider.

I'd forgotten Rohan talking about how insecure he was about whether people would keep reading his manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

I thought it was weird that Hazamada, who has no problem gouging people's eyes out, would be so squeamish over a spider.

I'd forgotten Rohan talking about how insecure he was about whether people would keep reading his manga.

Hazamada didn't just have the blood beaten out of him, he had some good beaten into him

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Raserys posted:

hosed up that Polnareff doesn't have a disgusting French accent

Agreed 1000%. I'm usually not a fan of injecting an accent for a character, but Polnareff is a super French guy who shouts mon dieu and tres bien.

Johnny Joestar posted:

i generally have no specific preference when it comes to subs/dubs but for some reason jojo always sounds better with subs to me

I prefer subs in general, partly because I speak enough Japanese to get something out of it. Dubs are fine though, and there are a few where I prefer the dub, mainly Bebop and PSG. The SDC dub seems pretty generic, which is a bummer, JoJo deserves better.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

mabels big day posted:

Hazamada just threw up in Rohan's studio and everyone's ok with this. its all over his hand and he's touching Koichi's shoulder and Rohan's manuscript, come on Hazamada.

Hazamada is a terrible person. Between this episode and his debut one, it's pretty clear he got Surface to control Junko by turning into her (without her noticing somehow?), but couldn't actually follow through on the rape attempt.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Raserys posted:

hosed up that Polnareff doesn't have a disgusting French accent

Yeah that made me very sad.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The translation of the manga currently has him using Surface to turn into Junko and try and have sex with his stand (as her) but she just did his head in. The episode itself kind of glosses over the details and implies he wants to force himself on the real person, at least in that the CR subs do anyway.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
He won't be able to gently caress that wood manikin he had originally, unless he's going to put Surface on a real doll..

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the overall thing to take away from this is that hazamada is a really lovely person even if he's not actively trying to kill people, and mostly the only reason koichi is palling around with him for this encounter is so it drives the story forward, given that hazamada knows about stands and has one, but it's useless so he can't contribute poo poo to the fight. he also is a big fan of manga, so it kinda works out.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

the overall thing to take away from this is that hazamada is a really lovely person even if he's not actively trying to kill people, and mostly the only reason koichi is palling around with him for this encounter is so it drives the story forward, given that hazamada knows about stands and has one, but it's useless so he can't contribute poo poo to the fight. he also is a big fan of manga, so it kinda works out.

You know how some things have an evil aura around them? Well, Koichi is the opposite. Hopefully, by spending enough time with Good Boy Koichi, Hazamada and Tamami will become and- this part is very important- stay good boys.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think you guys may have forgotten already, but Koichi really steals. No dignity!

Okuyasu is the good boy.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i mean like who throws up in someones house. and then the vomit was gone? what happened to it?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

mabels big day posted:

and then the vomit was gone? what happened to it?

You have to taste things to get a real feeling of reality of them.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

rohan's carpet has a stand. its power is to absorb liquids

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The only positive thing you can take out of Hazamada is even his Stand (and by extension, himself) thinks he's a lovely person and with that modicum of self-awareness, there's the potential for growth. Also Jesus Christ that dub sounds lovely.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
It seems like the Manga and the Anime imply that Hazamada is too gutless to try anything. I guess that ties pretty well into what his Stand cause it does most things for him by proxy.

His "friend" getting his eye poked out? The stand does it, not himself. He wants to force himself on Junko? He does it to his stand transformed into her. Those guys make fun him on the street? He would have just probably kept walking if he didn't have his stand there to beat them up.

EDIT:

multijoe posted:

The only positive thing you can take out of Hazamada is even his Stand (and by extension, himself) thinks he's a lovely person and with that modicum of self-awareness, there's the potential for growth. Also Jesus Christ that dub sounds lovely.

One would hope he'd learn after being told by his favourite manga author that he is a bad person, he would strive to be better. Too bad it seems like he completely forgot everything after leaving the house.

JDRockefeller fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jul 2, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I hope they have someone sing Stand Proud in English so dub apologists get to suffer further

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I hope they have someone sing Stand Proud in English so dub apologists get to suffer further

Translated versions of anime OPs are great, so I want this with all the sincerity I can muster.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
Vocals by Bruce Dickinson.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

here's the leaked script

We are all going to Egypt
To find DINGO because
The copyright hosed
us agaaaaaain

Thank you to our friend Abdool
who brought along the "top 10 hits of Journey"

Hello Jean Pierre
Eiffel, you look like Tonio
Trussardi

Kakyoiiiiin is loving shiiiiiiit

Stand up! Stand Up! Stand up!
Eject this CD
All right now, All right now, All Right now
Watch it all on Crunchyyyyyyy

JOJO JOJO JOJO

Break this disk break this disk break this disk
Import theeeee bluuuu-rays
from japan for 80 buuuuuuuuuuuucks each

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
are you okay? are you good? do you need to talk?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i'm the best

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Jeez you're an insufferable weeb.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I prefer Japanophile

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
it won't even be funny when joseph says the words in english!!!!!!!!!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Pomp posted:

just do oh my god like the kid in troll 2

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
Just replace all the dub voices with the dub version of Kars making mouth guitar noises

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It's not 2006 anymore, people are allowed to like dubs.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They're also allowed to drink bleach, jump off bridges and like the new Berserk anime.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

It's not 2006 anymore, people are allowed to like dubs.

Wrong

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

They're also allowed to drink bleach, jump off bridges and like the new Berserk anime.

I forgot...not even Shining Diamond can "fix" that edge

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Dubs more like dumbs

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
would it be kosher go with the "nice breakdown" meme if aurainsuke might actually be having a breakdown

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Pomp posted:

Shame JoJo doesn't have any other funny moments or quotes, now it will be 100% devoid of all humor thanks to that.

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
the dub seems fine

it might even be good

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Pomp posted:

In today's episode of Stardust Crusaders, the role of 'OH MY GOD' will be played by the Wilhelm scream.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Should I watch JoJo with the dulcet tones of Takehito Koyasu, Unsho Ishizuka and Daisuke Ono or should I willingly choose to not have those glorious men massage me aurally.

Hmmm...

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Richard Epcar is a good man, I trust him to do a fine job.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Johnny Joestar posted:

rohan's carpet has a stand. its power is to absorb liquids

The classic stand [How Dry I Am]

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

TriffTshngo posted:

Shame JoJo doesn't have any other funny moments or quotes, now it will be 100% devoid of all humor thanks to that.

No one said that you dumb rear end. Get a load of this guy folks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Can't believe they recoloured the banana suit

• Locked thread