Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

In my mind, Saitama should sound like Karl Pilkington. This guy just doesn't cut it. He isn't even from Manchester. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I swear I heard Chris Sabat as Vaccineman in that trailer

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Baal posted:

That'd be sick if it was.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

And More posted:

In my mind, Saitama should sound like Karl Pilkington. This guy just doesn't cut it. He isn't even from Manchester. :colbert:

Ever since someone said that I really have read all his lines with that air of kinda bored bafflement that he has on that show.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Baal posted:

He sounded like Piccolo so yeah you're probably right

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Baal posted:

Yeah that was him and they know.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

And More posted:

Yeah, this was my hope. Voice needs less bass, and a bit more aimlessness. The flat delivery is good, but I was hoping for more doofus instead of just "doesn't give a gently caress".

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Its pretty cool that Toonami is gonna air One Punch Man. Cartoon Network & Sci FI Channel were how I got into animes as a kid, and now kids will get to enjoy a top tier animes.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Well, maybe we'll get more doofus when he's saying doofy things. This was just a monologue, after all.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

For a min I thought it would be animated movie not live action and was hyped v:v:v

I would definitely watch an OPM movie even with a side story since the OVAs were fun.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Alder posted:

For a min I thought it would be animated movie not live action and was hyped v:v:v

I would definitely watch an OPM movie even with a side story since the OVAs were fun.

What?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kild posted:

That'd be sick if it was.

Moltrey posted:

He sounded like Piccolo so yeah you're probably right

Lamebot posted:

Yeah that was him and they know.

That's godlike

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Alder posted:

The OVA's that were based on the extra chapters in the manga? :v:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Umm, aren't all the OVAa new stuff entirely? I mean, the Blizzard one is kind of a retread of the Blizzard Group side chapter thematically, but I don't think any of the others do anything the manga did.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

is there a good sub of the OVAs out there? I finished the anime and I have to wait until the dub comes out to watch it again

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

is there a good sub of the OVAs out there? I finished the anime and I have to wait until the dub comes out to watch it again

They exist, but saying where is highly :filez:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think it's fine because the OVAs aren't officially available anywhere.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Last Celebration posted:

Umm, aren't all the OVAa new stuff entirely? I mean, the Blizzard one is kind of a retread of the Blizzard Group side chapter thematically, but I don't think any of the others do anything the manga did.

They were all new based on, at least, premises by ONE. He may have written them all, it's not very clear.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Honestly even if he didn't have any part in them it's pretty hard to believe that they just made poo poo up without his blessing given the level of care the anime in general has, so it's a moot point.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He 100% had a part in them, it's just not readily apparent just how much.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Crain posted:

Yeah, this was my hope. Voice needs less bass, and a bit more aimlessness. The flat delivery is good, but I was hoping for more doofus instead of just "doesn't give a gently caress".
"Aww, I got dirt in my special pants place. Let me just shake this out..." was a good delivery.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://imgur.com/a/1bzKh

new chapter featuring professor dunnojack

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

https://imgur.com/a/1bzKh

new chapter featuring professor dunnojack

So far I haven't read anything but the title page.

The title page is really good.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Really glad for this running gag of the guest experts the news gets don't know poo poo about poo poo.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

can't wait for doctor fuckifiknow

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I don't understand how the same goddamn joke of Saitama winning in one hit can be told so many ways that I laugh at it every time

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

It's because it's always someone you really, really want to see destroyed.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Sourface must be so fun to draw

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Roaches truly are formidable

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Has Genos ever been in a fight where he didn't lose at least one limb?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

JosephWongKS posted:

Has Genos ever been in a fight where he didn't lose at least one limb?

As far as I know, :thejoke:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
He beat Armored Gorilla flawlessly :colbert:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Roaches truly are formidable

Cyborg Types are weak against Bug Types.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Remember to watch Mob Psycho 100 today at 9:30 PT on Crunchy because it's going to fuckin rule

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I've only read like 20 chapters of Mob, but it's good and the PV's are hype as hell, so yea watch it

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

And remember that Mob Psycho has the same issue OPM had - it has a really slow start and it takes a while until interesting characters are introduced and things start to happen. So, just stick with it because it gets really good.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

The best character is introduced on the second page of the comic.

Also: OPM has a slow start?

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

If it wasn't for Murata's art I would drop OPM around the asura rhino fight because "kills monster in one hit, despairs about weekly sale" can be funny only so many times. Thankfully shortly after, S class heroes got introduced and showed to be much more interesting characters than Saitama.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Bernardo Orel posted:

If it wasn't for Murata's art I would drop OPM around the asura rhino fight because "kills monster in one hit, despairs about weekly sale" can be funny only so many times. Thankfully shortly after, S class heroes got introduced and showed to be much more interesting characters than Saitama.

Mosquito woman's death or Genos wiping out the House of Evolution are still hilarious to me.

You're clearly a lot harder to please than me. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Read ONE's One Punch Man.

It is great.