Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
july
This poll is closed.
j 45 20.27%
u 54 24.32%
l 48 21.62%
y 75 33.78%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Lizard Wizard posted:

listen dammit i'm saving for a PS4, i can barely justify monster hunter

You don't need a PS4, buy Sharp Iron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Lizard Wizard posted:

#fe sounds good but the lack of an english dub is a real drawback for me.

😩

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
drat it, every time you guys mention #fe I stare at it sitting on the coffee table but can't start it yet. I still have Fallout New Vegas DLC to finish. Soon though.. soon.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Lizard Wizard posted:

Don't buy a PS4, save it for the Nintendo NX.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Game Grumps is doing Devil's Third.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Lizard Wizard posted:

Yesss... get a ps4, it's so good!

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

#fe sounds good but the lack of an english dub is a real drawback for me.

It's fine except for the in battle chat has no subtitles and it can be annoying when switching targets they spout info that you just don't understand.

I just turned down the voices and upped the music and it's good.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Decided I'm going to semi marathon the Zelda games I have or want to play this summer. Both oracle games and OOT on a 2ds, and I'm going to grab the twilight princess, skyward sword and wind waker for Wii U. Side note, looks like wind waker is starting to be hard to find, at least locally. It's not even on Amazon with Prime shipping.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rexroom posted:

both ftw

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrydNhvGy0w

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Game Grumps is doing Devil's Third.

are they even funny anymore. danny is ok, but he is no jon and erin and his gf are unbearble to listen too now a days.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

are they even funny anymore. danny is ok, but he is no jon and erin and his gf are unbearble to listen too now a days.

Yeah, I still like them. However, they work best when they're playing a lovely game, or when Dan is playing and Arin is just loving around.

Watching Arin gently caress up all the way through OoT was funny too, but for much different reasons.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Edit: noo wrong thread.

#FE is cool, guys

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

LionArcher posted:

Decided I'm going to semi marathon the Zelda games I have or want to play this summer. Both oracle games and OOT on a 2ds, and I'm going to grab the twilight princess, skyward sword and wind waker for Wii U. Side note, looks like wind waker is starting to be hard to find, at least locally. It's not even on Amazon with Prime shipping.

my man you just missed the semiannual zelda marathon known as zeldathon but i wish you luck regardless

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Dapper_Swindler posted:

no

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
This month is monster motherfucking hunter month.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Tenzarin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHQ6ba-n12E

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yes

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Tenzarin posted:

God damnit why don't they ever released these on loving console?

I have always wanted to play a monster hunter game, but I don't do handheld gaming.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I only really like playing MH multiplayer. BF isn't interested enough to get a 3DS for it though.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Any favorite early FF game? I love 5 but i feel like ill burn out on it by fiesta end. For mobile, fyi.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Rexroom posted:

:lol:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If you wanna buy a PS4, you really may as well just wait for the PS4.5 at this point. You'll have to wait for a while longer but they're gonna try their hardest to shove it on you when it comes out anyway if you've got the normal PS4, so you might as well just mitigate that while you can.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Snak posted:

I have always wanted to play a monster hunter game, but I don't do handheld gaming.

Because only Japan really cares about Monster Hunter and Japan doesn't do console gaming anymore.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Snak posted:

Because they want to actually make money?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Can you be a little cat person in the new Monster Hunter? It's not a deal breaker but if you can, it might be game if the century material.

edit:
Also, they did put Monster Hunter 3 on Wii U put it surprisingly didn't control very well.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You finally can, yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsf29FARmY8&t=52s

edit: You can dig underground and then pop up to air juggle enemies. goty all years

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Nasgate posted:

Any favorite early FF game? I love 5 but i feel like ill burn out on it by fiesta end. For mobile, fyi.

honestly 4-7 and 9 are all pretty unambiguously good games w/o qualifiers if you like jrpgs

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

6 was the first one I played and I'll defend it to the death even though the combat is crap and half the characters plot lines don't go anywhere

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
6 is probably the one that suffers the most on mobile because its most outstanding qualities are having some of the best art direction, spritework, and music of that console generation

and man, did the mobile port of ff6 gently caress that poo poo up

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'm playing Tactics on my iPad whenever I'm cooking something or laying in bed and it's still hella good. A little uneven but still one of my fave games

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Ometeotl posted:

Because they want to actually make money?

Let's not act as if all CAPCOM sees is anything but.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Joe Gillian posted:

Let's not act as if all CAPCOM sees is anything but.

They cancelled sure fire money-spinner MegaMan Legends 3

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

You're being sarcastic, I hope.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Snak posted:

I bought a wiiu for monster hunter and I bought a 3ds for monster hunter. I am Nintendo's bitch.

There were several for the consoles, I played one on the ps3 in full japanese. Was ok once you learn the letters, but if you stop playing for 3 months you forget everything and all the moon language makes no sense.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Who, me???

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

bloodychill posted:

Can you be a little cat person in the new Monster Hunter? It's not a deal breaker but if you can, it might be game if the century material.

edit:
Also, they did put Monster Hunter 3 on Wii U put it surprisingly didn't control very well.

You can play the cat people now they are basically like a new weapon class. They also made every weapon playable in 4 new ways, Guild (old way), aerial combat(everything is like the insect staff with jumps), bushido(parrying, Long sword can do the most disgusting damage in the game now), Striker (get to pick more skills).

Monster hunter always controls bad..........

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I bought MH3U and do not understand it at all. It seems like it might be interesting? I don't really get it. I love the design of the world, though. It's nice to see a really colorful game. It's like a violent Animal Crossing.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

FactsAreUseless posted:

I bought MH3U and do not understand it at all. It seems like it might be interesting? I don't really get it. I love the design of the world, though. It's nice to see a really colorful game. It's like a violent Animal Crossing.

You start out killing deer and small raptors which if playing your first monster hunter will be pretty tough. Then it teaches you to fight large monsters and then even larger monsters. The newer games have had such a better power curve to help new players not get curb stomped. My nightmares of Monster Hunter Freedom 2 Kut Ku and Khezu!!!!!!

Its pretty amazing if you can put the time and effort into it if it interests you. But it is alot of time.

If I ever get stuck in Africa... Monster hunter has trained me. I will hunt animals and make weapons.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jul 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hmm. What are the good Monster Hunter games on PC? I've never played one before

• Locked thread