Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

thespaceinvader posted:

Great speech thanks for linking it up.

And yeah, it's not like the coup plots have been a secret - they could have learned about them by reading the drat papers.

What IS interesting to know is that they had a person on the inside of the coup plotters' meetings. I do wonder who.

Once a Benn, always a Benn. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I really, really doubt it was him given that he led the loving charge.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcWqFcuI2fk

jezza's brutha's hot take

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

thespaceinvader posted:

Great speech thanks for linking it up.

And yeah, it's not like the coup plots have been a secret - they could have learned about them by reading the drat papers.

What IS interesting to know is that they had a person on the inside of the coup plotters' meetings. I do wonder who.

Burnham is a True Loyalist.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

thespaceinvader posted:

I really, really doubt it was him given that he led the loving charge.

And look how it ended up. :tinfoil:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

MrL_JaKiri posted:

"Millennials" is code for "Young People Doing Anything I Don't Like"

"Millenials" specifically refers to anyone born after 9th September 1986, which is when the asteroid containing the Demon Snake Eggs landed in Mill Ennial in Dorset, spreading its spores around the Earth in a matter of hours and dooming our race to be nothing more than incubators for the reptillian master race, we're coming for the Olds we're coming for the lot of you

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

A video from the Evening Times about Jeremy Corbyn's attachment to the Labour Party: https://www.facebook.com/eveningtimes/videos/1150292528346730/

Dual Monarchy
Feb 20, 2013
Friend of mine is firmly in anti-Corbyn camp even though she was super upset about Brexit and was one of the few Remain votes in north England, talking about how he hates Jewish people apparently and so on so forth.

Honest question as a non UK native, how likely are her precious Lib Dems even going to climb out of last year's GE slaughter in the next while?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

you're talking like someone's never asked you for directions, and you've given them directions and as soon as they pull off you suddenly realise you've sent them to the road which sounds almost exactly like the one they wanted but is actually miles away from their intended destination

That's happened to me once or twice, except I realised it before I gave them the directions.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Dual Monarchy posted:

Friend of mine is firmly in anti-Corbyn camp even though she was super upset about Brexit and was one of the few Remain votes in north England, talking about how he hates Jewish people apparently and so on so forth.

Honest question as a non UK native, how likely are her precious Lib Dems even going to climb out of last year's GE slaughter in the next while?

my guess is 0% likely

its conceivable that theyll climb from seven or we but no way will they ever get back to 50

Jaminjami
Jan 26, 2015
https://twitter.com/Labour_Insider/status/749367392120299520

lol

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

blowfish posted:

Yeah. Having grown up half without then half with internet everything, I can basically watch my life skills (e.g. finding my way without google maps constantly open on the phone) detoriate.

I had this great experience in russia- maxed out roaming, been partying all around town all night long, left the last club at like midday with no idea where I was, in the middle of St Petersburg. No Google maps, no credit to call a friend and get them to send me a taxi at the street number (I'd done that earlier when I got kicked out of a flat party I'd been promised I could crash at and the subway was closed). I managed to speak enough Russian to find out where the fontanka was and follow it towards the sun rising until I was in familiar territory. And all while drunk as poo poo.

It was a very empowering experience.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Edit: actually no it wasn't the sun, I remembered my flat was near the coastal area so I followed the river down the direction the water was flowing.

Oh dear clone
Apr 8, 2016

Dual Monarchy posted:

Most of their 2005 MPs were in seats where they came second to Tories. In all those seats their campaign literature had said vote for us to keep the Tories out, and then they put the Tories in power. I'd guess it's going to take either a long time or an explicit anti-Tory alliance for people to forget that,

Boner Pill Connoisseur
Apr 23, 2002

I took the blue pill.

#chickencoup is one of the better hashtags to come out of this lolol.

word on the street is that the previously quoted Labour Insider "Rogue MP" is going on record in the next few days about that tweet and other accusations about long knifing and bullying in the PLP. Comical if true.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Sklepwatch: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_audio/headlines/36696356

Didn't realise those little calling cards had Polish on the back:

HJB fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jul 3, 2016

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Coming here, working hard, setting up businesses, employing people.

Makes me loving sick.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Coohoolin posted:

I had this great experience in russia- maxed out roaming, been partying all around town all night long, left the last club at like midday with no idea where I was, in the middle of St Petersburg. No Google maps, no credit to call a friend and get them to send me a taxi at the street number (I'd done that earlier when I got kicked out of a flat party I'd been promised I could crash at and the subway was closed). I managed to speak enough Russian to find out where the fontanka was and follow it towards the sun rising until I was in familiar territory. And all while drunk as poo poo.

I recall being in Oktoberfest, getting blind drunk (I don't recall the following bits so much), waking up from where I'd been semi-conscious at the table with my friends, standing up and walking straight off before they realised I was awake again. Somehow I got back to the hostel, which I had only been to once previously and was two metro trips away.

Having a good sense of direction: useful as hell.

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/749384864412143617

These people are clowns. What did they think would happen? They had no plan, no leverage. Corbyn literally didnt have to do anything to weather out their coup.

Red and Black fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jul 3, 2016

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jul/02/corbyn-keeps-watson-arms-length

graun's now running with the angle that Corbyn's a feeble, emotionally unstable old man who's being held hostage by John McDonnell and who could collapse at any second if Watson could just get him alone in a room for ten minutes without his handlers.

Uh, did anyone read to this part of the article?

quote:

On Saturday night, Corbyn allies accused the parliamentary party of sabotaging Labour’s ability to hold the government to account.

One Labour source said those at the top of the party were livid when it emerged that files on a shared Labour party hard drive relating to the finance bill going through parliament had been deleted as the shadow finance secretary Rob Marris resigned.

An internal email seen by this newspaper said: “Unfortunately, it looks like someone from Rob Marris’s office has deleted the vast majority of the finance bill records and notes on each clause from the shared drive.”

A Labour source raised the spectre of deselection, adding that it fitted in with a campaign of sabotage. He said: “The finance bill is a hugely important bit of legislation. Under normal times the party’s severest punishment to my knowledge for such transgression could go as high as deselection.

“This is because such a bill normally includes important measures involving things like tax avoidance and pensioners and working families.

“For example, in this case his actions could have led to undermining things such as our opposition to the tampon tax, which – if he had his way – would have prevented us from ending it sooner.”

wtf

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Baron Corbyn posted:

Uh, did anyone read to this part of the article?

wtf

He's claiming ownership of the material, even though it was paid for with public money.

https://twitter.com/WSW_Labour/status/749388575075172352

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

TheRat posted:

He's claiming ownership of the material, even though it was paid for with public money.

that's unbelievably slimy

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TheRat posted:

Even if he paid for it out of his own pocket, it's an incredibly lovely thing to sabotage the party's chances to tackle the Conservatives on finance related matters. What a prick.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

TheRat posted:

He's claiming ownership of the material, and also implying embezzlement of Short money

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
It's alarming (though not very surprising) to me that the Labour Party apparently doesn't have a proper policy on data security.

DashingGentleman
Nov 10, 2009

HJB posted:

Predictably, this is really broken Polish. (It actually translates as "To go back to a Polish scum's home").
You'd think the authors could find a Polish person to proofread, what with the country being overrun by them.

Also, "lol, just lol" at Osbourne taking this wonderful opportunity to pawn some more essential state services in an attempt to paper over the cracks.

I'm done with this shithole. It is beyond saving. Europe is right to write it off, just like our Maggie did to the North back in the day.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

The Land Registry sell-off isn't new, it's been the works for months and months (and was part of the reason why them taking power away from the councils for a lot of land, and giving it to the land registry, was such an obvious 1-2 punch)

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

I'm sorry, did I break all your shit? I didn't know it was yours

HJB posted:

Sklepwatch: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_audio/headlines/36696356

As horrible as the racist garbage was, the note at the end was :kimchi:

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

every time you think the comedy has peaked it gets better

Jaminjami
Jan 26, 2015

TheRat posted:

why would he admit this hahahaha

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
You know with the lack of political satire nowadays I'm really glad our MP's are considerate enough to give us laughs like this as the country falls to ruins.

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

I'm sorry, did I break all your shit? I didn't know it was yours

You have no idea how reassuring it is that our political class apparently learned their trade from Blackadder.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
So do Labour not use VSS on their servers or what

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

hahahaha no poo poo

this is amazing

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

DashingGentleman posted:

Predictably, this is really broken Polish. (It actually translates as "To go back to a Polish scum's home").

I believe you'll find the actual translation is "people called Poles they go the house"

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
Go! A polish home backs to scum

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

Bloody racists, they don't even learn the language.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

Coohoolin posted:

After a night out in Portsmouth one time, I decided to sober up a bit by walking along the beach. I found the beach, walked for a bit, then decided to head home, which I figured was just matter of walking away from the beach until I hit somewhere I recognised. I walked for 30 minutes ended up back at the beach.

I can only assume I followed a road that subtly curved from North to East, I took a right turn thinking I was going East, but was actually going South.

True Blue Triumph
Apr 10, 2009

Namtab posted:

I will read this.

National Quiz is really good and you should read it

its a great take on what could happen when a modern nation-state presses the loving self-destruct button

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Licenses are also about having the right facilities - capybaras need quite a lot of specific stuff, I think, like somewhere to swim.

Nevermind the anacondas in said waters.

• Locked thread