Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Hand Row posted:

I don't get it because you would hope Ellenson would take away Jon's playing time.

He played a lot of stretch 5 in Phoenix, that could be what they're banking on. Ellenson isn't a proven shooter. I can't really justify anything Van Gundo does, I just hope the moves work out so I have some decent basketball to watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharparoni
Jan 11, 2004

THE MOST EXCITING MASCOT IN THE LAST 4000 YEARS OF COLLEGE SPORTS

In my opinion, JJ Barea has the coolest name in the NBA. Dragan Bender obviously is up there as well. "Dwight Howard" is probably the dorkiest name

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Raptors still need to plug the stretch PF hole. We need a backup or timeshare for Patterson unless we wanna repeat the Scola experiment(please no) Let's see who is left.

RFA's that we could try to steal but will likely get paid+matched:
moe harkless
meyers leonard
Donatas Motiejunas
jared 'fatty' sullinger

lower tier free agents
marvin williams
Andrew Nicholson
Terrence Jones

guys who suck but might be cheap and fill a need
derrick williams
ryan kelly
kris humphries
anthony tolliver

E: STRIKING OUT FAST ON THIS PAGE ALONE RAPTORS MOVE QUICKLY PLZ.

Terrence Jones is my favourite on the list, but Nicholson might take a slightly under market contract because he's Canadian.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jul 2, 2016

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Sharparoni posted:

In my opinion, JJ Barea has the coolest name in the NBA. Dragan Bender obviously is up there as well. "Dwight Howard" is probably the dorkiest name

"Jusuf Nurkic" sounds the best to me

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Sharparoni posted:

Bismack Biyombo is an awesome name for a guy known for shot blocking.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The Glumslinger posted:

I guess all bigs is the new small ball

This is the Sixers plan, no lie

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/749355739853062148

Dope

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Your telling me Brooklyn wasn't offering more than that

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Metapod posted:

Your telling me Brooklyn wasn't offering more than that

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/749356089423060992

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Rockets meeting with Eric Gordon :stonkhat:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

chunkles posted:

Anderson, Gordon, wonder if they'll try to get Asik back and be the Texas Pelicans.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

So is Orlando moving the rich man's Kanter or are they standing pat with their four big rotation?

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

chunkles posted:

I'm so sorry

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

At this point reasonable contracts throw me way off.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Charlotte getting all the discounts

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/749360734690222080?s=09
:effort:

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Tolliver's solid, that's a pretty good deal.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Declan MacManus posted:

So is Orlando moving the rich man's Kanter or are they standing pat with their four big rotation?

I'd stick with it until a good deal arrives, enough minutes to go around if you play AG at the 3 a bit which might backfire but it's pretty much his best defensive position, offense TBD.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Lol why the hell is Olynyk at that meeting

To twist Durant's arm :rimshot:

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
i heard you guys like going in the paint

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
I don't think paying big money to 2 elderly big men is going to end well for the Magic.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Also Horford broke off talks with the Hawks because he's pissed at them signing Dwight Howard.

I want Mike Budenholzer's head on a loving pike.
Spurs long con mission accomplished

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
I like Ryan Anderson's deal. I like him a lot for some reason though.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Bashez posted:

I like Ryan Anderson's deal. I like him a lot for some reason though.

He breaks defenses (on both sides of the ball).

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-players-shocked-at-how-much-money-the-nba-is-throwing-around-right-now/

I already want next year to happen! Too bad the spike won't be as giant so it won't be as crazy, even if the numbers are bigger.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/749375821131968513
sounds like al is staying in atlanta

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I like Deng. Seems like a guy that will be OK playing behind Ingram, but can step up and play his position if it turns out Ingram can't go right away. Also the fact that he can play the 4 is great. By all accounts he's a very solid locker guy.

I wish the per-year deal was cheaper but also think if you're going to get a quality vet to join what I'd project to be 60+ loss team even with this signing, it probably is going to cost more. The way the Lakers are going to get better is for their rookies to develop and I like both their moves in that context.

Lakers still have around 20 mil in cap space, still around 9 below the floor, with 9 on their roster (they can get to the roster minimum though by signing their second round pick and the guys they have QOs extended to).

Rick fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jul 3, 2016

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Bernie Sanders does not like this. Bernie Sanders doesn't like any of these deals.

ButtWolf posted:

My brother remodeled Najera's home (cabinets anyway) He said there was dogshit everywhere. Like 4 dogs that just poo poo everywhere in the house and was hardly ever cleaned up. Not cool.

That's disgusting and just the kind of good reporting that won't be heard many places.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Al Horford to Boston breaking on ESPN

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Crazy Ted posted:

Please don't play with me

ragle
Nov 1, 2009

Crazy Ted posted:

https://twitter.com/Al_Horford/status/749381033968099329

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Aahhhh yess

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Now that LBJ has the ring in CLE it looks like he made the right decision to leave MIA. I wonder if he knew about Bosh's blood clots.

The Bulls' eternal pursuit of Dwyane Wade continues for another sad year
http://www.blogabull.com/2016/7/1/12086552/chicago-bulls-dwyane-wade-free-agency-miami-heat

https://www.yahoo.com/news/clyde-drexler-quote-during-92-170015316.html

'“We had out moments against the Bulls. Midway through the fourth quarter of a tight game four in Portland, Clyde tapped the ball away from Jordan and converted it into a dunk, setting off a surge that evened the series at two games apiece. Nearly giddy, I went into the locker room afterward and found Clyde slumped in front of his locker, completely exhausted, an ice bag on every joint. And I said, “Clyde, that was a brilliant steal. You read Jordan perfectly.”

He looked up at me, shook his head, and said, “Stop, stop, you don’t understand. Most guys have two or three go-to moves; Jordan has nine. I guessed right, that’s all. I got lucky. Sometimes you get the bear, but usually the bear gets you.” Clyde knew the score. The Bulls, on the cusp of a dynasty, beat us in six games.”'

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Someone post the gif of all of the Miami fans that left a playoff game trying to get back in. Perfectly sums it up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNE7xqabfvw

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Skolnick saying Wade was offered $10 million. That's hilarious when you consider how much Mozgov and other fringe players are getting.

Wade is an old man who's about to turn to dust. He's not too far from the age when Duncan/Nowitzki took their big pay cuts. He hasn't had a great season in a long time either.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
That's a pretty good get, Boston.

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe

Yes!!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

That $10 million figure has been questioned a bunch by people since yesterday. I stand by the idea that it's nonsense or a leak from Wade's camp.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Crazy Ted posted:

Seems like a waste of him.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Thank you for signing Dwight howard, atlanta

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Well what are ya gonna do Wizards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

woj was wrong

bad woj

• Locked thread