Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

hitze posted:

Well what are ya gonna do Wizards
They're gonna suck poo poo!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Cool Buff Man posted:

Thank you for signing Dwight howard, atlanta
I can't remember: aren't Horford and Dwight Howard the same age?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

Seems like a waste of him.

?? Evan Turner just got a 70 million dollar contract because the celtics have a coach that can utilize anybody

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

hitze posted:

They already signed their 55-game-per-year superstar.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Crazy Ted posted:

I can't remember: aren't Horford and Dwight Howard the same age?

Howards like 6 months older but yea

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Is that Mike Conley contract real, what's happening in the game of basketball

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Is that Mike Conley contract real, what's happening in the game of basketball
Not only is it real, but Bradley Beal got just about the same contract.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Vertical Lime posted:

woj was wrong

bad woj

He's not as good at this anymore he isn't the guy breaking these stories usually anymore. Although his 4 tweet defense (and counting) of why he was wrong is interesting.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Cool Buff Man posted:

?? Evan Turner just got a 70 million dollar contract because the celtics have a coach that can utilize anybody
I mean that he goes to one of the contender's and they're automatically the title favourites.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Now on to the next thing: THE RAJON RONDO SWEEPSTAKES :getin:

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

I mean that he goes to one of the contender's and they're automatically the title favourites.

Not only is that incredibly reductive, his final list of teams was the wizards, hawks, and celtics so that wasn't even a consideration in the first place

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the deal is 4/113

newnbacontracts.gif

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I've considered Boston a mediocre team the past couple years even though they've made the playoffs just because it's a team that had such a low ceiling in the playoffs, but this elevates them a lot to me.

Like the Cavs are still your number one. Raptors are probably still your number 2. But I think this makes the Celtics the number three. I wouldn't call them contenders but they are in that position non-contenders want to be in of having a shot to go to the Finals if poo poo goes wrong with the contenders.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Vertical Lime posted:

the deal is 4/113

newnbacontracts.gif

Mmmmm new bacon tracts.

Edit for content: This is great and probably positions them well to sign one more big name. Do they have enough cap space for another max?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Mmmmm new bacon tracts.

Edit for content: This is great and probably positions them well to sign one more big name. Do they have enough cap space for another max?

Yes

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I am sad that scotty did not get weapons :smith: happy for cbm though

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
That would be an interesting pitch

"Hey durant, we got horford, your max, and two nets 1st rounders to trade for a possible 3rd elite guy"

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

If Gasol leaves the Bulls there's going to be a lot of unhappy fans looking like:
https://youtu.be/tXd5wziMxfs?t=3m

Where are the Bulls blockbuster deals?! We're really flirting with 1999-2001 Bulls purgatory. People must still be afraid of the Michael Jordan statue.

:lol:

straight up brolic posted:

I know that the public narrative has soured but Dwight is still pretty good people

The stats look very pedestrian. Pau Gasol got maligned a lot and put up better numbers last year.

Spoeank posted:

So you know those phones for kids that you can call into and have like 3 preprogrammed numbers in it and that's all you can call?

No, I don't.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Metapod posted:

I am sad that scotty did not get weapons :smith: happy for cbm though

I wish the health of beal and wall upon scotty but i'm pretty dang happy about having ol' al and scotty can suck an egg right now

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Rondo to the Bulls? Can Hoiberg do anything with a guard who can't shoot threes? Or shoot at all?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Pau is also still pretty good Zogo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The best NBA off season off the best NBA season

NBA is awesome

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Congrats Boston fans

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Crazy Ted posted:

Now on to the next thing: THE RAJON RONDO SWEEPSTAKES :getin:

Please god no

Please

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Toronto not doing so well :(

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
So do the hawks still try to shop millsap now that their panic moves didn't work or are they gonna yank back on that immediately. They're looking pretty looted right now

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

euphronius posted:

Congrats Boston fans

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The Celtics can get near a max with some creativity but I think they're asking Durant to take a paycut unless Danny's willing to spend those assets on people taking salary from him.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

From what I can tell they can only offer Durant the max if they renounce Zeller and Sullinger and waive or trade Amir Johnson and Jerebko.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Toronto not doing so well :(
Besides DeRozan I don't think they were linked to anyone who's signed (anyone at all?), nor is it especially surprising.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

From what I can tell they can only offer Durant the max if they renounce Zeller and Sullinger and waive or trade Amir Johnson and Jerebko.
Well that should be easy enough to do if it means they get Durant.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

So yes they definitely can offer it.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Those are all things that would happen immediately if Durant were going to sign but he's not going to boston

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

That's not sacrificing a lot.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

hitze posted:

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Cool Buff Man posted:

Those are all things that would happen immediately if Durant were going to sign but he's not going to boston
Yes, but the prospect of Durant v Westbrook in the Finals is very tasty

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

They're gonna suck poo poo!!!

Well Dangit

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
This is the most confusing thing
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/749385924233093120?s=09

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Crazy Ted posted:

Yes, but the prospect of Durant v Westbrook in the Finals is very tasty

Trust me i hope with my whole heart that i'm wrong but he's not gonna go to boston, i just feel it in my bones. i felt al coming into my life but not kd. i'm like an old man with weather

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

i'm cool wit it

• Locked thread