Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Strobe posted:

My record-keeping is awful for this week apparently, because both of the Pool Two games are actually done and I had those results already. Still waiting for all of the Pool One stuff, as well as Aramoro versus canyonero.

I sent you this result in a pm last week. I won 100-41.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Aramoro posted:

I sent you this result in a pm last week. I won 100-41.

My apologies. This month has been pretty crazy on my end.

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

Strobe posted:

Technically, it starts this weekend, but I'm still waiting on a bunch of games from the last couple weeks.

Langolas versus Deviant

We're going to play it sometime soonish. Deviant has had some items pop up but we're still scheduling

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Strobe posted:

Technically, it starts this weekend, but I'm still waiting on a bunch of games from the last couple weeks.

The Gate versus Deviant
The Gate versus Major Isoor
Langolas versus Deviant

Talas versus General Battuta
ro5s versus siggy2021

Aramoro versus canyonero

If those games have already been played somewhere, please repost them here because I missed them.

Handling it today. Sorry, it's been bad for me this week. Weddings abound.

I also need Gate to steam friend me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/sadeviant

Deviant fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jul 2, 2016

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
I think we are friends, I'm Mr. Papaya. Just haven't actually caught each other on line I don't think.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack
are there any sites that have tournament lists and results aggregated?

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

jubelio posted:

are there any sites that have tournament lists and results aggregated?

Like this? Or were you looking for more in-depth stats?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
There are two UK regional finals on right now - fat han/jake vs JM15k and glittercrack brobots vs JM15k...

osici
Jan 19, 2008
Wheee
Are they using the new FAQ?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Yep. The Jumps are mostly onto OCR4 instead which is still fine.

E: and Jumps killed in Norwich. Less than an hour.

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jul 2, 2016

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

Like this? Or were you looking for more in-depth stats?

thats pretty good. I would love a site that had some battle reports alongside aggregated stats but that might be a bit of wishful thinking.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Tried running the x7/stealth onyx list today. Holy poo poo are these guys hard to hit. Didn't even lose one in any of my games, and had one matchup that I lost exactly two shields in, both to flying over rocks for a better shot angle.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Came in second at a store tournament with my trusty Inquisitor, Decimator list today. Lost in the final to a Kanan ghost with Biggs.

I hate Biggs so much.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

ConfusedUs posted:

Came in second at a store tournament with my trusty Inquisitor, Decimator list today. Lost in the final to a Kanan ghost with Biggs.

I hate Biggs so much.

Did his Kanan have FCS and TLT still, or did he swap out for Dorsal and Accuracy Corrector or something?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

FCS and TLT yes. With recon spec it's still enough to get through autothrusters :(

I had a chance though, due to the fcs timing change. Ghost only had 2hp left. Next shot would have killed it, and the it's arc dodge time against the shuttle.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Dulkor posted:

Tried running the x7/stealth onyx list today. Holy poo poo are these guys hard to hit. Didn't even lose one in any of my games, and had one matchup that I lost exactly two shields in, both to flying over rocks for a better shot angle.

What was your third ship?

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Some Numbers posted:

What was your third ship?

Triple Defenders, I presume.

Also, buddy bought me Imperial Veterans for catsitting for a week. gently caress yes. Now to figure out how to use a Bomber.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Correct, it's just three Onyx Squadron all with title and stealth devices.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Kilo147 posted:

Triple Defenders, I presume.

Also, buddy bought me Imperial Veterans for catsitting for a week. gently caress yes. Now to figure out how to use a Bomber.

I've been itching to use Captain Jonus as a wingman to my Ruthlessness Tractor TIE/D Glaives. Getting two re-rolls per Tractor beam can only help, right?

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
TIE Shuttle him up with Fleet Officer.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
No points. Glaives are 34, Tractor is 1, Ruthlessness is 3, for a 38 point ship. I've got two, which leaves 24 points. Jonus is 22, Fleet Officer is 3. I wouldn't mind putting Systems Officer on, though. Or Tactician.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

ConfusedUs posted:

I hate Biggs so much.

I like to imagine sticking Biggs next to a rebel transport with an EM Emitter

Turkson
Mar 30, 2011

I traded in some old Magic:The Gathering cards for store credit yesterday and bought an A-Wing, TIE Fighter, Millennium Falcon, and VT-49 Decimator. I also ordered Most Wanted through them.

What do y'all use for storage options? I'm currently using a small parts-bin case that I got from Harbor Freight. It's worked great until now. I just have too many ships.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Strobe posted:

No points. Glaives are 34, Tractor is 1, Ruthlessness is 3, for a 38 point ship. I've got two, which leaves 24 points. Jonus is 22, Fleet Officer is 3. I wouldn't mind putting Systems Officer on, though. Or Tactician.

Standard issue Bomber Buddy (Fleet, Systems, Mk2) is 22 points and goes very, very well with two defenders.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I like having all of them at the same PS. Not really the most necessary thing ever, but it helps.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Turkson posted:

I traded in some old Magic:The Gathering cards for store credit yesterday and bought an A-Wing, TIE Fighter, Millennium Falcon, and VT-49 Decimator. I also ordered Most Wanted through them.

What do y'all use for storage options? I'm currently using a small parts-bin case that I got from Harbor Freight. It's worked great until now. I just have too many ships.

I use a Plano 732 tackle box. Doesn't really easily hold things like Lambda Shuttles or the Hound's Tooth but it takes everything else like a champ.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Strobe posted:

I like having all of them at the same PS. Not really the most necessary thing ever, but it helps.

With the Bomber Buddy you really don't care - its goal is not to get guns on target or to block (those are just bonuses if they happen), it's to move up within the relevant ranges of the right guys and take an action. If anything it's better for it to go first because then it's less likely to get blocked.

You have to fly it really differently from a normal ship, much like the palpshuttle.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Turkson posted:

I just went to Walmart and found a cheap container in the fishing section. This one. It doesn't store large ships at all, but they are cheaper and fit small ships perfectly. I currently have two. You will also probably want to order some more dividers...which adds to the cost, but not that much. No idea what to do for large ships, but I also barely use them, and the Falcon fits in the original game box, so it works for now for me.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jul 3, 2016

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
I'm currently using three of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005QWYF/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Been considering grabbing one or two of these https://www.amazon.com/STANLEY-STST...BG3NV58YF9P271Y just so that when I have a list figured out I can toss my list in it and not have to carry 3 toolboxes full of poo poo with me to the store.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

thespaceinvader posted:

With the Bomber Buddy you really don't care - its goal is not to get guns on target or to block (those are just bonuses if they happen), it's to move up within the relevant ranges of the right guys and take an action. If anything it's better for it to go first because then it's less likely to get blocked.

You have to fly it really differently from a normal ship, much like the palpshuttle.

Being able to pick who moves when means I can set up opportunities to proc Systems Officer more flexibly. It mattered twice just in the game against Eimi, and that's the smallest sample size I'm likely to get. Thinking about how much it could matter in a longer game makes me loathe to give that up.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Yeah. Systems Officer procs after your move, so if you're moving fast, you really need to be able to choose who moves first.

Not such a big deal if you're all doing 1 and 2 forward, but at 3 forward and above, one of the ships can easily escape range 1.

nilstryfe
Dec 22, 2004
Hong Kong Cavalier

hoiyes posted:

Deadeye and R4 actually shouldn't have worked RAW in the rules even before the new FAQ, it's just that everyone was playing it wrong, which became clear when they were producing the chart.

They told us to play it that way:
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2014/10/20/the-galaxys-most-wanted-part-one/

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

This was correct at the time, but the timings of the attack steps changed with the new TFA core set, which meant costs had to be paid before the defender declared.

EnjoiThePureTrip
Apr 16, 2011

Which of these is better?

My Name Is Jonas (100)

Captain Jonus (24) - TIE Bomber
TIE Shuttle (0), Systems Officer (2)

Glaive Squadron Pilot (38) - TIE Defender
Ruthlessness (3), Tractor Beam (1), TIE/D (0)

-OR-

My Name Is Jonas (100)

TIE Shuttle (0), Fleet Officer (3)

Glaive Squadron Pilot (37) - TIE Defender
Wingman (2), Tractor Beam (1), TIE/D (0)

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I'd say Fleet Officer is better than Systems for that setup, double focus for both is better than TL/focus for one. Especially given that you get some rerolls from Jonus.

But dump down to a Scimitar and you can keep both Ruthlessnesses.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

EnjoiThePureTrip posted:

Which of these is better?

My Name Is Jonas (100)

TIE Shuttle (0), Systems Officer (2)

This is the exact same list as I was running earlier tonight, and it kicked serious rear end.

I think my personal preference is going to be dropping down to a Gamma Squadron Veteran, and using the spare 3 points for Fleet Officer and Systems Officer both and then Adaptability for the PS 6. You don't get automatic rerolls on all tractor beam shots you're close enough to, but you can hand out tokens so the Defenders can take their own Target Locks and get a similar result. Or get some good barrel rolls while still getting offensive/defensive mods.

thespaceinvader posted:

But dump down to a Scimitar and you can keep both Ruthlessnesses.

As mentioned before, having the bomber match the Defenders' PS exactly is of great importance. With a PS 6 bomber and PS 6 defenders, you can do a 1 forward, end up behind the Defenders and give out a target lock, the Defender executes a 4k and focuses, and then next turn the Defender burns through with a 5 straight and the Bomber is still in position to then move and hand out another target lock. With two attacks every turn, you will burn through the target locks sooner rather than later. A Scimitar flat out cannot do that, and can't be flexible enough to keep up and still give out target locks without being stupidly predictable.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

For us idiots whats the order of operations for a jump master using the new FAQ?

EDIT: I'm not understanding the nerf exactly.

kingcom fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jul 4, 2016

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
1) Don't use R4 Agromech, it won't work anymore.

And that's basically it. If you want to use a focus on the attack you need to use Overclocked, because the R4 won't give you a target lock since there is no defender yet when you spend the focus to fire, and you can't lock the defender if there isn't one.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Strobe posted:

1) Don't use R4 Agromech, it won't work anymore.

And that's basically it. If you want to use a focus on the attack you need to use Overclocked, because the R4 won't give you a target lock since there is no defender yet when you spend the focus to fire, and you can't lock the defender if there isn't one.

Ohhhh Okay... I was already using Overclocked R4 anyway so I guess that explains the confusion. Guess you need to always run the K4 Security + R4 to get the same combo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Sort of? In order to get the target lock from R4 Agro, you have to spend the focus after you've rolled dice for all intents and purposes. Up to that point, if you spent it to make the attack in the first place you don't get a TL.

• Locked thread