Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Thread Title shall we name this new thread?
This poll is closed.
Independence Day 2: Resturgeonce 44 21.36%
ScotPol - Unclustering this gently caress 19 9.22%
Trainspotting 2: Independence is my heroin 9 4.37%
Indyref II: Boris hosed a Dead Country 14 6.80%
ScotPol: Wings over Bullshit 8 3.88%
Independence 2: Cameron Lied, UK Died 24 11.65%
Scotpol IV: I Vow To Flee My Country 14 6.80%
ScotPol - A twice in a generation thread 17 8.25%
ScotPol - Where Everything's hosed Up and the Referendums Don't Matter 15 7.28%
ScotPol Thread: Dependence Referendum Incoming 2 0.97%
Indyref II: The Scottish Insturgeoncy 10 4.85%
ScotPol Thread: Act of European Union 5 2.43%
ScotPol - Like Game of Thrones only we wish we would all die 25 12.14%
Total: 206 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

OwlFancier posted:

Gordon Brown isn't especially evil.

Well he's not a saint either.

I mean he's miles better then Blair and any Tory you throw at me but he's not entirely 'not' a oval office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Pretend you said IDS.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

We'd rather pretend he no longer exists

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
What the christ.

https://www.rt.com/uk/349162-neo-nazi-miss-hitler/

https://twitter.com/national_action/status/746166282072928256

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
She seems to really be into memes.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

She doesn't look very much like hitler.

I'm disappointed, I was hoping the point of a miss hitler competition would be to see who could make you sexually attracted to the fuhrer.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
She does have nice eyes though.

I wonder if I could convert her. With the power of my sociology degree.

Coohoolin fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jul 2, 2016

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

Coohoolin posted:

She does have nice eyes though.

I wonder if I could convert her. With the power of my sociology degree.

This being National Action, a fascist youth organisation - and just from the looks of things - she's probably about 15.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

TomViolence posted:

This being National Action, a fascist youth organisation - and just from the looks of things - she's probably about 15.

Arghghghhhh whaaaaaat

How is a fascist youth organisation not illegal? I mean, adults, sure, you've got the freedom to have lovely political views, but how are they allowed to go around recruiting kids?

Homeroom Fingering
Apr 25, 2009

The secret history (((they))) don't want you to know

Coohoolin posted:

Arghghghhhh whaaaaaat

How is a fascist youth organisation not illegal? I mean, adults, sure, you've got the freedom to have lovely political views, but how are they allowed to go around recruiting kids?

Don't try to deflect blame now, we all heard you. You are now legally required to stay 100 meters from any nazi schools and anywhere fascist children may be playing. You will be registered in a database so hate-mongering parents will know you're in the area.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

tetsul posted:

Don't try to deflect blame now, we all heard you. You are now legally required to stay 100 meters from any nazi schools and anywhere fascist children may be playing. You will be registered in a database so hate-mongering parents will know you're in the area.

How will I know which schools are the nazi schools?

EDIT: if you actually read the national action link *shudder* i think it says she's 19.

Edit 2: nope, that's another contestant. Hah, I didn't even notice it was different people. Look at this poo poo though

quote:

Hypothetically if you could kill one person and get away with it who would you kill and why?

I would put Angela Merkel (without any protection) in one of her camps and let her pet refugees do the rest.

quote:

I am an NA activist living in Scotland and dedicated member of our organisation. I enjoy reading, browsing esoteric memes and watching the reds lose their poo poo over our publicity stunts.

quote:

Avid reader. Loves nature and animals. Loves European architecture and classical art. Enjoys walking, cooking, breathing. Memes are life. I feel so degenerate, like I’m writing a Tinder profile opening or something. Next!

Even thread relevance:

quote:

Hypothetically if you could kill one person and get away with it who would you kill and why?

Is it terrible of me as a nationalist to choose Nigel Farage? Do I care? I just cannot stand civic nationalism, it’s so cucky, lock me in a room with the idiot and I’d skin and salt him for promoting it. It might seem more palatable to the general public, but it’s just halting any real progress for the nation and doesn’t get to the root of the rotten tooth that is multiculturalism. We need radicals in the right, not people who play ‘working class’ and relatable but who are too scared to make any change that would give us true security.

quote:

Boris johnson! What an absolute shitshow that man is, I can’t stand him, he is like that idiot running UKIP, don’t know what it is with him but I think he’s a sly horrible devious man, an’ that Nicki Minaj! Id fit all 3 of them on baking tray and set them to gas mark 6!

Argh.

Coohoolin fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jul 2, 2016

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Yeah, after they put up stickers in Glasgow I ended up reading their website. They seem like the worst of both the internet and fascism. The fawning over poo poo memes really lessens the fear factor. I mean maybe I'm just a crotchety auld fucker but "esoteric memes" is not a phrase any oval office should uttering, sincerely or otherwise.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Hope none of you have buisness in Glasgow today because the Subways are closed until August and it's Orange Walk day!

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

forkboy84 posted:

Yeah, after they put up stickers in Glasgow I ended up reading their website. They seem like the worst of both the internet and fascism. The fawning over poo poo memes really lessens the fear factor. I mean maybe I'm just a crotchety auld fucker but "esoteric memes" is not a phrase any oval office should uttering, sincerely or otherwise.

Was commenting on this earlier in Discord, and the general consensus is that when she's talking "esoteric" memes, she's talking "gently caress the jews" sorts of memes

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

tithin posted:

Was commenting on this earlier in Discord, and the general consensus is that when she's talking "esoteric" memes, she's talking "gently caress the jews" sorts of memes

extra rare nazi pepes

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Coohoolin posted:

How will I know which schools are the nazi schools?

EDIT: if you actually read the national action link *shudder* i think it says she's 19.

Edit 2: nope, that's another contestant. Hah, I didn't even notice it was different people. Look at this poo poo though

You need to ingratiate yourself with a link to the "Hitler reacts to Brexit" Downfall video. Now that's what I call "Danke, memes!"

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

National Action were the ones that we sent back home to their parents and we given train tickets from antifia to go back home.

They are just edgy spurglords that would Brexit their pants once they piss off a person that can actually fight more then two people at once.

Basically stormfront given flesh.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Extreme0: Having now taken the chance to read through the past weeks opinion pieces in the Tory press, it would appear that the holy trinity of the Scottish right wing commentariat are all in the process of making the No to Undecided journey (depending on how things pan out over the next few months).

That Sinking Feeling - Chris Deerin

England has made its priorities clear - Alex Massie

Having spoken about refashioning case for Scottish independence, Sturgeon now has her chance - David Torrance

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

keep punching joe posted:

Extreme0: Having now taken the chance to read through the past weeks opinion pieces in the Tory press, it would appear that the holy trinity of the Scottish right wing commentariat are all in the process of making the No to Undecided journey (depending on how things pan out over the next few months).

Updated.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

http://stv.tv/news/politics/1359352-dossier-of-no-campaign-broken-promises-published-by-snp/

:nallears: Really? Especially at this time right now?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

It's a pre-emptive strike against an argument to stay in the UK "we listened once, and look at all the poo poo that was promised, and subsequently broken - how can we trust these liars??"

I'd expect a formal announcement of indyref2 within a month tbh

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

tithin posted:

It's a pre-emptive strike against an argument to stay in the UK "we listened once, and look at all the poo poo that was promised, and subsequently broken - how can we trust these liars??"

I'd expect a formal announcement of indyref2 within a month tbh

I would of waited till after the election of the new tory leader and to see what the stances of the other parties are. Doing this I feel like only alienates possible support from the other parties which is something they need.

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

I'm sorry, did I break all your shit? I didn't know it was yours

The prospect of indyref2 worries me. None of the economic arguments from the first round have been answered. In fact, the collapse in oil prices if anything makes it harder to justify. Lots of previous No voters I know have turned Yes or at least undecided since the EU ref result, but all of them have cited the EU ref specifically, not a change in economics. I'm worried people are letting an emotive result cloud their judgement.

I get that what we signed up to in the last ref has kinda fallen apart, but in my mind this hasn't answered the unanswered questions of the previous referendum.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Extreme0 posted:

I would of waited till after the election of the new tory leader and to see what the stances of the other parties are. Doing this I feel like only alienates possible support from the other parties which is something they need.

True, Scottish Labour / Greens are ostensibly behind staying in the EU at all costs hence they were behind sending Sturgeon to Brussels to negotiate staying in. It's not a given to say that they'd support independence at all costs, but it's a reasonable assumption.

My personal thoughts are that the SNP are looking at this as a time limited opportunity - public outrage will only last so long, and with Labour divided, and the tories leaderless, this is possibly their last big shot to push for independence.

I'm surprised they couldn't get anyone from labour / tories to comment on the inappropriateness of this list - do the scottish lib dems even have an MP?

Just my 2p

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

I'm looking forward to a referendum 2.0 where Scotland bottles it yet again and we lean into the punches of a proper fascist government of supercharged tories for 20-odd years. Things are bad now, but there's always room for them to get worse and I don't see the downward spiral Britain is in abating for some time to come. There's no real way we can step up to the long-term challenges we're facing right now while we're shackled to the sinking corpse of an increasingly insular and stagnant England. We need to be able to collaborate across europe on things like climate change and retooling the economy or we're kind of boned regardless.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

PiCroft posted:

The prospect of indyref2 worries me. None of the economic arguments from the first round have been answered. In fact, the collapse in oil prices if anything makes it harder to justify. Lots of previous No voters I know have turned Yes or at least undecided since the EU ref result, but all of them have cited the EU ref specifically, not a change in economics. I'm worried people are letting an emotive result cloud their judgement.

I get that what we signed up to in the last ref has kinda fallen apart, but in my mind this hasn't answered the unanswered questions of the previous referendum.

Unfortunately there is going to be a lot more questions now but I think the main thing that people what have in their mind is.

"Are we better in the EU or the UK?", "Is it going to get better or worse in the UK?", "What will affect us now that border controls are possibly going to be a thing in", "What about my career that uses the freedom of movement to help with it?" etc, etc.

There's going to be some questions that are going to be answered more clearly that they didn't in the first referendum but of course this EU referendum has brought in a lot more questions as well.

I'm still voting Yes anyways because I rather not have loving border checks and freedom of movement gone towards the rest of Europe because a bunch of little englander migrant hating fucks think they can shove their bullshit in front us. gently caress I hate being half English right now.

tithin posted:

True, Scottish Labour / Greens are ostensibly behind staying in the EU at all costs hence they were behind sending Sturgeon to Brussels to negotiate staying in. It's not a given to say that they'd support independence at all costs, but it's a reasonable assumption.

My personal thoughts are that the SNP are looking at this as a time limited opportunity - public outrage will only last so long, and with Labour divided, and the tories leaderless, this is possibly their last big shot to push for independence.

I'm surprised they couldn't get anyone from labour / tories to comment on the inappropriateness of this list - do the scottish lib dems even have an MP?

Just my 2p

Scottish Greens are going to be supporting Indy regardless. We don't know about Scottish Labour or the Scottish Liberial Democrats (It's in the OP)

Also the Scottish Lib Dems do have an MP. One that almost lost his seat to a court battle; Alistair Carmichael

TomViolence posted:

I'm looking forward to a referendum 2.0 where Scotland bottles it yet again.

If Scotland stays. I'm going to find the nearest loving rope and just give up entirely.

Extreme0 fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Jul 3, 2016

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

TomViolence posted:

I'm looking forward to a referendum 2.0 where Scotland bottles it yet again

I'm looking forward to idiots growing up and not describing people voting a different way as "bottling it"

PiCroft posted:

Economic arguments against yes from last time

- uncertainly would tank the economy
- not being in Europe was cause problems as finance and multi nationals move to other European countries

given we now already have these two the uncertainty is around the currency now, and the pound is looking a bit hosed so .....

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

Whoever brought up Runrig the other day, you have a lot to answer for! Listened to little else on this 10 hour coach trip.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

List is updated again But now...more News!...news?

Independent Scotland joining EU could be part of Brexit "package deal"

quote:

BREXIT could be expanded into a “package deal” that lets an independent Scotland stay in the EU as well as allowing the UK to leave it, according to an expert on European law.

Dr Merijn Chamon also says the SNP government should hold an independence referendum as soon as the UK embarks on Brexit to get the best deal from Brussels.

He said the untried Brexit procedure, known as Article 50, could be adapted to include a newly independent Scotland remaining in the EU - instead of leaving temporarily and rejoining as a new applicant - and could help it keep some of the UK’s opt-outs.

The UK currently has opt-outs from the euro, the passport-free Schengen travel area, the charter of fundamental rights, and justice and security issues.

Once the next Prime Minister invokes Article 50 it starts a two-year countdown to Brexit during which the UK will negotiate exit terms with other EU states.

Nicola Sturgeon has said Brexit, despite Scotland voting against it, has made a second independence referendum “highly likely” in those two years.

Dr Chamon, of the Ghent European Law Institute in Belgium, told the Sunday Herald the SNP government should hold a referendum right away to get the time and authority to negotiate optimal membership terms with the EU.

A swift Yes could also help Scotland avoid the usual EU entry process, known as Article 49, which would mean starting from scratch, with no opt-outs and a commitment to the euro.

He said: “Once the Prime Minister gives the Article 50 notification, then I think the Scottish Government would have a good reason to say, ‘Now we hold [a referendum]’. I would do it as fast as possible after the Article 50 notification.

“If people vote for independence, then the Scottish Government would have a very clear mandate to go to Brussels and other member states and demand the Article 50 procedure does not simply deal with the UK, but deals with the Scottish situation as well.

“If the referendum is pro-independence then the Scottish Government simply presents a fait accompli to the member states. Basically, you end up in a situation where you cannot keep Article 50 simply for getting the UK out, you’re obliged to make a bigger package deal. In the ideal situation for Scotland, you don’t need Article 49, you just do it using Article 50.”

He said that because Brexit was unprecedented Scotland could credibly push for a bespoke deal.

“The fact is that, in the law, we don’t have anything prescribed for the Scottish situation. We have Article 50 that says you can take a state out but there is no procedure for a part of a member state becoming a member state in its own right, or for part of a member state to retain membership while the rest of the state leaves the EU. So you could adapt Article 50.”

He said a deal would ultimately come down to politics, with agreement needed from the rest of the UK and a consensus among the other 27 EU member states.

He said Scotland’s starting position with the EU would naturally be to keep all the UK’s opt-outs, but some would inevitably be negotiated away, including possibly the euro opt-out.

However he said Sweden had also committed to adopting the euro, but had avoided it by the simple “trick” of not going through the preliminary stage of eurozone membership.

“It’s one of these symbolic issues, but the politicians can be very pragmatic,” he said.

His comments echo those of Dr Kirsty Hughes, a former senior adviser in the European Commission, who last week said an early independence referendum was “logical”.

A Scottish Government source said: "This is an interesting contribution. Many key players in ?Europe are indicating they are open to finding a solution for Scotland. If an independence referendum is the chosen route then this suggestion, or something like it, may well come into play."
Scottish Labour at war: Relations between Dugdale and her deputy have "completely broken down"

quote:

THE relationship between Scottish Labour leader Kezia Dugdale and her deputy has completely broken down, according to a senior party source.

Dugdale's friends claim that Alex Rowley has been undisciplined and cannot be relied on to support her.

But her deputy hit back robustly, saying: “I think it’s absolutely shocking. I am not going to get into the gutter. That’s where these people want to be. They are destroying the Labour party.”

The tensions may get worse this month when Dugdale flies to the US for a leadership programme, creating a potential power vacuum.

Labour at Westminster has undergone a traumatic week after dozens of Corbyn's colleagues quit their ministerial posts and called on the left-winger to quit.

Dugdale and Rowley, who were elected leader and deputy leader of Scottish Labour last year, clashed on Corbyn’s future. The split became evident last week when the party’s sole MP, Ian Murray, quit as Corbyn’s shadow Scotland secretary. Despite Murray being a close ally of Dugdale, Rowley accused the MP of putting “self-interest before the needs of the country”.

Dugdale later said it would be “difficult” for Corbyn to continue in post – a clear indication she wants him to resign - but Rowley signed a letter backing the embattled left-wing leader.

One senior Scottish Labour source said: “Their relationship has completely broken down."

A second party insider also queried Rowley’s support for Corbyn: “It’s odd, given that Alex believed Corbyn wasn’t popular on the doorsteps during the Holyrood election.” A third party source said of Rowley: “He couldn’t have been more unhelpful if he had tried.”

Another Dugdale ally believes Rowley has failed to behave like a deputy leader since he won the post. Within days of taking on the role, he called for a referendum on Trident renewal, which is not Scottish Labour policy.

He has also policy freelanced on the constitution by supporting home rule, a position that has not been adopted by his party.

Asked by this newspaper about the party figures who believe he has undermined Dugdale, Rowley said: “Those who would claim that have no foundation for it whatsoever…My criticism is not of Kez.”

On whether he supports Dugdale’s position on Corbyn, he said: “No, I don’t. [Just] because I am the elected deputy leader of the Labour Party in Scotland doesn’t mean I have to endorse a statement that calls for the leader of the Labour Party to go.”

Asked whether he, as deputy leader, should be supporting the leader of the Scottish Labour party, he said: “Against a coup against the leader of the UK party? No.”

Refusing to confirm or deny that his relationship with Dugdale had broken down he said only, “I can’t speak for Kez. All I can say is I will continue to work as the deputy leader.” And asked how his relationship was with her just now he said: “I had a good chat with her this morning.”

Another party source said: “Alex’s problem is that he is hard of hearing. When the leadership results were announced, he seems to have believed that he was crowned leader.”

Dugdale’s attendance on the US State Department’s International Visitor Leadership Program this month may also create a headache for her party, with relations between the two at a low ebb insiders are speculating about who will lead the party when she is abroad.

It is understood Dugdale will remain in charge while she is away and a rota for Shadow Cabinet members will be in place to provide day-to-day cover.

SNP Deputy Leader position is now going to be contested by Angus Roberston & Christopher McEleny. MEP Alyn Smith and MP Tommy Sheppard are considering it.

Ruth Davidson appears to be dodging the question if she is Pro-EU or Pro-UK by saying she is both despite the TV presenter stating the obvious that you can't anymore.

And once the Queen came to visit the Scottish Parliament, Angela Constance wore the perfect? (citation needed) heels for this event.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Hahaha holy poo poo those heels.

Ok everything is just wonderfully bizarre. Scotlab tearing itself up over Corbyn, the EU pretty much winking at us to bail and go party with them, and Ruthie being Ruthie.

Oh and Nicola is still fantastic.

quote:

"We are more than five million men and women - adults, young people and children - each with our own life stories, family histories and our own hopes and dreams.

"We are the grandchildren and great-grandchildren of the thousands who came from Ireland to work in our shipyards and our factories.

"We are the 80,000 Polish people, the 8,000 Lithuanians, the 7,000 each from France, Spain, Germany, Italy and Latvia, who are among the many from countries beyond our shores that we are so privileged to have living here amongst us.

"We are the more than half a million people born in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, who have chosen to live in Scotland.

"We are the thousands of European students studying at our universities and colleges.

"And we are the doctors and nurses from all across our continent and beyond who care for us daily in our National Health Service.

"Whether we have lived here for generations or are new Scots, from Europe, India, Pakistan, Africa and countries across the globe, we are all of this, and more.

"We are so much stronger for the diversity that shapes us.

"We are one Scotland and we are simply home to all those who choose to live here."

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Coohoolin posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo those heels.

Ok everything is just wonderfully bizarre. Scotlab tearing itself up over Corbyn, the EU pretty much winking at us to bail and go party with them, and Ruthie being Ruthie.

Oh and Nicola is still fantastic.

Sturgeon is a beacon of normalcy in the hellscape known as british politics

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

jre posted:

I'm looking forward to idiots growing up and not describing people voting a different way as "bottling it"

Do you feel as charitable about the Brexit result I wonder? It's entirely fine and grown up to think the people who made a bad decision made the wrong decision. Though really I was more talking about the giving in to fear and negativity that characterised those in the no camp and, oddly enough, seems to have clinched the Leave vote in the EU referendum too -- not that there was a side offering any hope in that one.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

chamon mothafucka

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Looking forward to leave voters chanting "this is fine, this is fine" as the top of the UK falls off.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I'm just facepalming over how a rare few Scottish Nationalists for indy back in the first indyref are now gone to stay in the UK because they don't want shackled in the EU. Completely missing the fact that Scotland joining the EU was the intention regardless of fast-tracking or not back in the first referendum.

Regarde Aduck posted:

Looking forward to leave voters chanting "this is fine, this is fine" as the top of the UK falls off.

It's fitting considering Scotland can be considered the head therefor the brain of the Island. :v:

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

TomViolence posted:

Do you feel as charitable about the Brexit result I wonder? It's entirely fine and grown up to think the people who made a bad decision made the wrong decision. Though really I was more talking about the giving in to fear and negativity that characterised those in the no camp and, oddly enough, seems to have clinched the Leave vote in the EU referendum too -- not that there was a side offering any hope in that one.

Again, you could grow up a bit and realise that people voted no in the indy ref not out of " fear and negativity" but because the case for independence put forward by the SNP was awful. People voted no because they believed it was the best thing for the country , not because they were afraid or bottled it.

Also "project fear" was how the remain camp was characterised, indeed I recall Boris Johnstone giving it "hope over fear" at one stage so your second point doesn't make any sense at all.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

jre posted:

Again, you could grow up a bit and realise that people voted no in the indy ref not out of " fear and negativity" but because the case for independence put forward by the SNP was awful. People voted no because they believed it was the best thing for the country , not because they were afraid or bottled it.

Also "project fear" was how the remain camp was characterised, indeed I recall Boris Johnstone giving it "hope over fear" at one stage so your second point doesn't make any sense at all.

People didn't vote out of fear because the SNP weren't able to put together a sound enough case to overcome uncertainty/fear that came from being a separate entity to the UK?

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Kin posted:

People didn't vote out of fear because the SNP weren't able to put together a sound enough case to overcome uncertainty/fear that came from being a separate entity to the UK?

They didn't make a sound case that it would make things better for the people of Scotland. "fear" is implying that independence is the only right choice but people "bottled" making that decision. People voted no for rational reasons, hard core nationalists who based their decision on emotion and patriotic sentiment just don't seem to be able to get this because that's not how they made their decision.

Both leave campaigns used national exceptionalism and emotive rhetoric to hand wave away any kind of serious question about how would things be better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Fans of the Sunday Herald will enjoy this heartwarming display of European solidarity on the front page:

http://twitter.com/newsundayherald/status/749347303702597632

Fans of hating the Sunday Herald will enjoy that apparently most of the translations are incorrect.