Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

My company has these on most of our trucks, which work I am told. I am also told that the deer whistles on the front also work, so who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

:eyepop:

Every time I look again, it gets worse. The parking. The message. The spelling. The person standing next to it. The tow drawbar left inserted. I can only assume those two washed-out/overexposed bumper stickers contain(ed) similarly well thought out messages.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Nothing out of the ordinary for an Idahoan Walmart parking lot. Move along.

vv I really should know better (I'm in WA). Thanks. But you're right: Eastern OR, Idaho, Eastern WA are essentially the same.

TotalLossBrain fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jun 30, 2016

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That's an Oregon plate. :ssh:

But close enough to count as the rural areas of Oregon are basically the same as the rural areas of Idaho.

Alabamarama
Aug 22, 2013
Saw this beauty while walking home for lunch. Didn't blur out the license plate because seriously what the hell dude. Later saw it driving toward the interstate on-ramp.

Eskaton
Aug 13, 2014
It's just flush, dude.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The JPEG re-re-re-recompression on PERL HORBER was tripping up my "it's a shop because of the pixels" reflex, buuuut:

Goddamn.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Blitter posted:

Not at all; if you're looking at the effectiveness of a rear spoiler, it's exactly that. Anything moving through the air can be considered a wing, although that's not necessarily what you're going for with a car..
See also NASCAR -- the cars make plenty of downforce going forward at 200mph, but if they spin, they're a perfect lifting airfoil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnBRgC_btW0&t=62s

Rusty had a hell of a wild ride on that one.

Because of poo poo like that, they now have flaps on the roof and hood that pop up if the car's going backwards and spoil the airflow to stop it lifting off:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0_6uM4GBAc

Of course, they don't always work perfectly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTBbzkbxpGg&t=9s

But at least he only went over once.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
Talking of spoilers: spotted outside my flat a couple of days ago. Everything is terrible.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Everything here is terrible: http://www.taringa.net/post/autos-motos/17189472/Ford-Ka-Tuning.html

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

That's so ridiculous, it's close to looping right back around.
Lose the chrome and I'd :rice: that thing all day.

Ansith
Nov 8, 2010

Elongated Baked Bean
Found this one on a ford facebook buy and sell page. $800 for the hard lid, I think I saw a plain one a few days ago for $700 so I guess it isn't too out there on price.

I guess if anything it does show off Tony's airbrushing skills

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
no nudity, gnarly devil monster thing, actually looks like a decent job of airbrushing...

I'm gonna have to say, even though it's not my taste, it's the wrong thread.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Is that Lady Death (borderline :nws:)?

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Its world of warcraft. Dark Portal, Tauren, Undead Elf.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Maybe it's an experimental Porsche?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Smarchero? Smute? El Smartino?
Smart's owned by Daimler, so maybe Das Camino?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

IOwnCalculus posted:

The JPEG re-re-re-recompression on PERL HORBER was tripping up my "it's a shop because of the pixels" reflex, buuuut:

I guess thanks for posting this because I honestly thought it was an edit too. But now I'm just sad.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I want to believe it's a troll though. Someone needs to interview the owner and upload it for us all.

El Laucha
Oct 9, 2012

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

So much unexplained going on in that. Is it an action sequence for a movie/show? Or do they habitually include speed boats in police chases?

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE

Lightbulb Out posted:

Destroyed by its own hubris.

If it happened on a track then that's not terrible car stuff. That's a very valid way to mount a wing on a Miata. You need to mount wings pretty high to get around the turbulent air behind the cabin.

http://garagestar.com/blog/?product=garage-star-wing-stands

Those are the mounts, wing was likely an APR-200 with homemade endplates. There are some gauges where the radio used to be and an aftermarket convex rear view mirror as well.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

davebo posted:

I guess thanks for posting this because I honestly thought it was an edit too. But now I'm just sad.

Don't be that sad, just remember that people who have english as a second language can also have terrible opinions.

Like being proud of a Dodge Durango enough to do this. But dude loves his Duranco and I'm not gonna knock him.

Ether Frenzy fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jul 2, 2016

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Looks like a movie to me. If we had the video you'd probably see a camera at the bottom of that canal ladder and those pairs of dudes on the right of the road and right of the canal are probably camera operator and focus puller teams.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Slim Pickens posted:

Looks like a movie to me. If we had the video you'd probably see a camera at the bottom of that canal ladder and those pairs of dudes on the right of the road and right of the canal are probably camera operator and focus puller teams.

Here's a bigger version. It's totally a movie stunt.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
I'd have guessed Top Gear rather than a film

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

dissss posted:

I'd have guessed Top Gear rather than a film

It's not a Morris Marina getting knocked into the canal.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

It's not a Morris Marina getting knocked into the canal.

Chris Evans seems like the kind of guy who would be enough of a fan of the Morris Marina to not let them dunk one in a canal.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Someone posted this in the comments on imgur: http://www.autoevolution.com/news/porsche-cayenne-crash-sends-smart-into-river-on-the-hitman-s-bodyguard-movie-set-108984.html

From the other videos, it looks like the smart wasn't supposed to end up in the water.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Deeters posted:

Someone posted this in the comments on imgur: http://www.autoevolution.com/news/porsche-cayenne-crash-sends-smart-into-river-on-the-hitman-s-bodyguard-movie-set-108984.html

From the other videos, it looks like the smart wasn't supposed to end up in the water.

They'd have to pull it out of the water in either case, though. I can't imagine the Amsterdam city government would approve of filmmakers cluttering up their canals with old cars.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

As tacky as it is, there is tremendous amount of labor behind it. The wrap is painted, then printed, but the placement and and attention to detail is rather astonishing.

FuzzKill
Apr 1, 2005

Snuff the punk.

Deeters posted:

Looks like it was just a prop anyway, you can see there isn't an engine in it when they pull it out of the water.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I can't imagine the Amsterdam city government would approve of filmmakers cluttering up their canals with old cars.
They have enough of a problem with bicycles.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

This is cool as gently caress

Nitrox posted:

As tacky as it is, there is tremendous amount of labor behind it. The wrap is painted, then printed, but the placement and and attention to detail is rather astonishing.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

I don't know if the fact that it's not a Viper makes this better or worse, but that's an impressive amount of time and money to make a bad looking car

E: Also, all of the detail going into this car is made less impressive by realizing that snakes have 1 pair of eyes. It's clearly a viper, make the inner lights the pits so it doesn't look like it came from the Bikini Atoll

The Door Frame fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jul 3, 2016

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

thechalkoutline posted:

Someone correct me if this actually made it cool but I assume it drives even worse, which is terrible:

The one I saw awesomeing past me here in Sweden had the most basic stamped metal and wood mini-truckbed of that width and depth. Loved that, love this, even though I have a dislike for vehicles too small for stage piano transporting. Some goon needs to pick up a Smart and make it a project with more than just an engine swap.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

FuzzKill posted:

Looks like it was just a prop anyway, you can see there isn't an engine in it when they pull it out of the water.
I bet when you see the final scene, it's cut and done so that the effect of the crash is to punt the Smart far enough to hit the boat.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I hope this belongs here:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Definitely the wrong thread.