Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I don't trust them with human faces - they all look like utter poo poo. No loss.

I'll wait for Hot Toys Kylo v2 with a scarred face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Karnith posted:

The SH Figuarts The Rock and Stone Cold are up for order now and slated for a Christmas release.

Gotta order those. Though the Austin likeness isn't great.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Oh man I missed mid-2000s nostalgia in here. I miss Palisades so much. They flamed out at the end with paint and bad decisions, but their good stuff was as good as anything today for a price that kills anything today, even with inflation.

Also I have to have that Austin

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Since we're talking about toys from a decade ago, I'd like to say that Mezco's Hellboy comic series remain one of my favorite lines and managed to capture a signature art style in a way few toys have ever been capable of.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Sanschel posted:

Since we're talking about toys from a decade ago, I'd like to say that Mezco's Hellboy comic series remain one of my favorite lines and managed to capture a signature art style in a way few toys have ever been capable of.

On that note, Mezco's Hellboy movie figures were also really kickass. I've got Hellboy facing down Nazi Officer Kroenen on my Weird War II shelf right now.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Nut Bunnies posted:

Oh man I missed mid-2000s nostalgia in here. I miss Palisades so much. They flamed out at the end with paint and bad decisions, but their good stuff was as good as anything today for a price that kills anything today, even with inflation.

Loved the complaint about blind boxes, 'cause that poo poo's still around.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Karnith posted:

The SH Figuarts The Rock and Stone Cold are up for order now and slated for a Christmas release.

I need that Stone Cold. Who has American preorders for these? I checked BBTS, EE, and play-asia, none of them had it.

Karnith
Jul 9, 2014

The Diddler posted:

I need that Stone Cold. Who has American preorders for these? I checked BBTS, EE, and play-asia, none of them had it.
I don't normally order Japanese figures through American stores, but it just went up on July 1 (and I don't even see them up on Bandai's online store yet?), so maybe wait a few days and see if they pop up? Alternately, Amiami has it up for ¥5490/$54 plus shipping, and you'd probably get it sooner ordering through them than through an American store.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Karnith posted:

:stare: Give me that Stone Cold NOW!

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Karnith posted:

I don't normally order Japanese figures through American stores, but it just went up on July 1 (and I don't even see them up on Bandai's online store yet?), so maybe wait a few days and see if they pop up? Alternately, Amiami has it up for ¥5490/$54 plus shipping, and you'd probably get it sooner ordering through them than through an American store.

Ordered from Amiami, thanks!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

The Diddler posted:

Ordered from Amiami, thanks!

How much is US shipping from Amiami, usually?

Karnith
Jul 9, 2014

Big Mean Jerk posted:

How much is US shipping from Amiami, usually?
For something of the Figma/Figuarts/MAFEX (i.e. action figure) size, EMS is usually somewhere between ‎¥1200/$12 and ‎¥1700/$17 and arrives within a week of shipping. It's cheaper to ship SAL Registered (note: if you get things shipped SAL, make sure it's registered, because you don't want to deal with untracked international shipping), but in my experience that takes ages longer and you have less coverage in case of damage to your package.

For those unfamiliar with how Amiami (and a number of other stores like it, such as Mandarake) works, you place an order and request a shipping method, but you don't actually see how much shipping will cost you until you have placed the order and they send you a bill, so you can't really gauge in advance how much shipping will cost.

Karnith fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jul 3, 2016

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Is JP Post normally super slow? I ordered the web exclusive Figure Arts First Order Stormtrooper w/ with riot gear and the tracking shows it's been sitting for close to 3 weeks now.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Vintersorg posted:

Is JP Post normally super slow? I ordered the web exclusive Figure Arts First Order Stormtrooper w/ with riot gear and the tracking shows it's been sitting for close to 3 weeks now.

What shipping did you purchase?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

$20 Economy International based on the posting.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/281861086186?euid=ad92c7f56a8e45c9b26c091f233e5a04&bu=43155400750&cp=1&sojTags=bu=bu#shpCntId

Karnith
Jul 9, 2014
SAL is Japan's economy mail service (though $20 sounds kinda high), and in my experience typically takes 2-4 weeks to arrive after shipping. Granted, I live in the middle of nowhere, so it may be a bit faster if you live near a shipping hub.

Do you know the package was as of the last tracking update? It's possible that it got stuck in customs - I have heard stories of people who have had their packages sitting in customs for over a month.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

This is about all I have:

I am over here in Winnipeg.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Have you tried putting the tracking number in at Canadapost.ca? Sometimes you get some stuff there the other side won't show.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!
My x-men marvel legends are supposed to be here Thursday from entertainment earth.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Vintersorg posted:

This is about all I have:

I am over here in Winnipeg.

Judging by that it left Japan just fine. The "dispatch from outward office of exchange" message is saying it's left the country via Tokyo International Airport.

Aphrodite posted:

Have you tried putting the tracking number in at Canadapost.ca? Sometimes you get some stuff there the other side won't show.

Is right in that you should probably use that same tracking number in your country's postal service website. When I order things from HLJ or otherwise I tend to swap over to USPS' tracking once it leaves Japan because JPost tends to get far less info at that point. Just that it cleared customs and that it got delivered. Wasn't Canada's postal service going on strike soon? That could complicate things if it doesn't get there soon. SAL notoriously can take a while since it basically hops along when there's extra room, so don't lose heart just yet.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Canada Post won't strike until at least Friday now.

They have to give 72 hours notice before a strike, and haven't put it in yet. But both sides are saying their latest offers are final, and that the other side's is poo poo. So they will probably call it soon.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Nothing at Canada Post. I'll just keep waiting - it's not the end of the world, hehe. :)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Does Amiami do a Pile of Loot thing? Think I'm gonna order Rock, Austin, and Obi-Wan

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Endless Mike posted:

Does Amiami do a Pile of Loot thing? Think I'm gonna order Rock, Austin, and Obi-Wan

You can tell it to combine orders by month, but there's no indefinite "we'll ship when you're ready" option that I know of.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Anime Export does if you want to go that route.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
If they're still available at HLJ then you could order there too, they have a 60 day long Pile of Loot option

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Nut Bunnies posted:

Likewise. I remember picking up so many Palisades Muppets figures at Media Play when they were shutting down. I sold off most of my collection a few years ago and I still regret it. The molds were amazing. Still wish I had picked up that ridiculously priced Backstage playset.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
My BBTS pre-order for the X-Men wave is now processing and paid for now. :toot:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rirse posted:

My BBTS pre-order for the X-Men wave is now processing and paid for now. :toot:

Nice, mine's showing "warehouse" status and has been the last few days. Hopefully they ship soon, some others online have received shipping notices.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I went with Dorkside this time around :argh: Last time I do that.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Cocks Cable posted:

Don't worry, next time they'll probably have it first.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

My EE order shipped last week and is supposedly at my local post office now. I'll have to wait till tomorrow to get it though.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Nut Bunnies posted:

I always forget how catastrophic their Army of Darkness line was for them. Like seriously, you can't emphasis how it wasn't just bad decisions but bad decisions throughout the entire pipeline of that single line that killed the entire company.

I have a Jim Henson muppet that is still one of the best figures I own in articulation and detail from them. I was really looking forward to the Sesame Street line and still own a Super Grover and am just sad and disappointed I'll never own another good figure from them.

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

Likewise. I remember picking up so many Palisades Muppets figures at Media Play when they were shutting down. I sold off most of my collection a few years ago and I still regret it. The molds were amazing. Still wish I had picked up that ridiculously priced Backstage playset.

This is a hilariously old statement though I remember both companies quite well. I still remember seeing the AoD line at Media Play for the first time and being just shocked it was Palisades.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

AoD didn't kill Palisades, I was working there when they closed down. What killed them was that the owners spent far too much money on advertising and convention appearances that it finally caught up to them and they had to declare bankruptcy. There was a good year their hired sculptors and painters weren't getting paid, and "the check was in the mail." Really only the original twin-packs of AoD had real factory issues. The blind boxed ones were much better made, the problem was they were $6 3 3/4" blind boxes at a time when Marvel Legends were also $6.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

You guys should've made a Tak figure and a Professor Membrane.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

therealjon_ posted:

AoD didn't kill Palisades, I was working there when they closed down. What killed them was that the owners spent far too much money on advertising and convention appearances that it finally caught up to them and they had to declare bankruptcy. There was a good year their hired sculptors and painters weren't getting paid, and "the check was in the mail." Really only the original twin-packs of AoD had real factory issues. The blind boxed ones were much better made, the problem was they were $6 3 3/4" blind boxes at a time when Marvel Legends were also $6.

I definitely feel like the market constricted right around the time they closed shop. You used to be able to get McFarlane figures at places like Wal-Mart.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Cocks Cable posted:

I did too. Dorkside is located close to me though, and I like that they'll post on Fwoosh forums and clear up some things in the community.

Still would like them to ship soon though. I got one of their very first preorders.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Made a bit more progress on version 2 of the Batsuit Armoire. I have the doors correctly sized and have started the exterior trim panels (they are staged with tape holding them on in these shots), and fitted everything with the medallion ring. This let me measure and cut for the arches behind the handles, and drill the holes to install the handles. They are functional, and in a few weeks I'll have the gear locking system working. Next up: building out the bottom of the door exterior, then taking the doors down to stain everything and do the final assembly.

On the suit side of things, the neoprene undersuit is finally underway and hopefully should be ready around the same time as the doors are finished.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
You're going to kidnap Christian Bale aren't you... :colbert:

Speaking of Palisades Muppets, I just bought my girlfriend the Muppet News Anchor for her birthday and I scored two unopened Modern Suit Gonzo Tins for the low. I see them always posted for ~$200. Some of the rare Muppet line is insane. I knew I should have got more back in the day!

I'm keeping one Gonzo (I've ruined the value. He's already chilling on my shelf hugging his hens, Bernice and Camilla). I'm going to sell the 2nd one like for half of what I see it for or maybe find someone with a Henson figure to trade. :)

An Ounce of Gold fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jul 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Can someone tell me why Anderson comes with a brown hair toupee?