Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

magicalmako
Feb 13, 2005
Is LOS completely broken in the new patch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Loel posted:

So 'Infinite Proving Grounds Grenades' mod is broken, which is annoying. It does the research, claims a grenade is made, but doesnt even make 1 grenade (default), let alone squad grenades (mod).

In addition to this, same problem as before. Did a few missions, then it freaked out. I *think* its a combination of the stunned/unconscious condition and the Recovery Turn System mod.

Yeah, a few turn based effects don't work so well in RTS, I need to revisit that.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
Jesus loving christ, dont do that loving tower with ballistics. RIP campaign

Captain Gordon fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Jul 2, 2016

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I somehow managed it without losing anyone :smug:

literally everyone except Shen was gravely wounded and spent like 30 days in the infirmary because I hadn't built the AWC yet, depriving me of all my non-Rookies right before a Retaliation mission:shepface:

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Jul 2, 2016

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
how did you deal with the 100hp/7armor sectopod

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Captain Gordon posted:

Spam combat protocal and lily's abilities, reserve grenades for that encounter to shred and have Sparks tank hits. By the time the other units come on you should be focusing on killing the boss or else you'll just get overwhelmed.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Yeah Seriously Lily will do half the sectopod's hp by herself, in addition to stunning it for a turn.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Captain Gordon posted:

A lot of crying and screaming and desperate pleas to the RNG.

E: also what the guys above me said, making Shen do most of the work + grenades grenades grenades

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Jul 2, 2016

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Is there a numeric health display that works with the new DLC?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=617015579

Clean, easy to understand, has never broken on me.

Captain Gordon posted:

See also: Bolt-caster for regular hi-damage, hi-accuracy shots (8 HP a shot is pretty juicy). Freeze grenade for a free turn (You only get one, but it's still a turn where the boss can't retaliate and he loses one turn unit the next turn). Also being lucky and having the boss walk next to one of the two big generators on the map (they'll do 16 damage to him).

Managed to squeeze through it with only 4 soldiers in ballistic gear (one of which was nearly useless against the armored enemies because he had an SMG) without losing a single one. Somehow.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
My favorite thing in the world is the Bolt Caster with the 'mod everything' mod.

+3 ammo? Don't mind if I do :getin:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Remember that the Alien Nest / Lost Tower missions last indefinitely. You can't be cut off from them, so unless you need a Spark right goddamn now, you can wait until you've picked up a squad size upgrade and T2 firearms, which is when I did it without too much trouble.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Zore posted:

My favorite thing in the world is the Bolt Caster with the 'mod everything' mod.

+3 ammo? Don't mind if I do :getin:

Even better if you have the lootboxes give you a unique one.

Hangfire propellant (+1 damage, -5% aim on a weapon that has innate +15%), ammo synthesizer (automatically regenerates 1 ammo/turn).

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
What are some good, balanced mods? Got the ones the Long War guys put out and the quality of life mods but wouldn't mind getting a few more.

Alkydere posted:

Even better if you have the lootboxes give you a unique one.

Like this one, for instance? I assume this is a mod anyway since I've never found a lootbox or unique weapon haha

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

thebardyspoon posted:

What are some good, balanced mods? Got the ones the Long War guys put out and the quality of life mods but wouldn't mind getting a few more.

Like this one, for instance? I assume this is a mod anyway since I've never found a lootbox or unique weapon haha

Grimy's Loot Mod is pretty good (and already has content for SPARKs). It does make the game a little easier, but it's not a huge deal, especially if you have A Better Advent or something installed.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
One thing I really despise about A Better Advent is the early AI changes and some of the early gear changes.

Giving Advent Troopers/Leaders grenade (both Frag and Flashbang) is absolutely brutal while you're trying desperately to train up rookies and squaddies. It can easily put you into an early death spiral if you don't get lucky with free rookies.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I know it was recent but I can't bloody find it, does anyone have a recommended mod list?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Did that mod for upgraded gunpower / magnetic weapons ever get a final release? When you bought the next tier of weapons it brought the previous tiers in line with it for damage and mod space so you could use whatever was most fun. For me the machine guns and handguns feel better as cannons.

magicalmako posted:

Is LOS completely broken in the new patch?
It's broken through destructible geometry like buildings but not fixed geometry like terrain, and seems to get worse if you quickload. I've had some levels be fine and others become essentially unplayable unless I can massively outgun the aliens.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jul 2, 2016

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I've missed every single overwatch shot except one on an officer in this campaign. I've also missed every single shot from every dlc weapon except the first bolt. :negative:

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jul 2, 2016

by.a.teammate
Jun 27, 2007
theres nothing wrong with the word panties
Is there anyway to change the rulers special armour? The viper one just looks dumb.

Dr_Gee
Apr 26, 2008

Shumagorath posted:

It's broken through destructible geometry like buildings but not fixed geometry like terrain, and seems to get worse if you quickload. I've had some levels be fine and others become essentially unplayable unless I can massively outgun the aliens.

Balls, I thought something was really weird about LoS post-patch. I think I'll put the game on hold until this gets fixed or at least make a new campaign to play instead of my, "I'm gonna finish this come hell or high savescumming" run.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Looks like I'm going to finish this game with one death unless the endgame breaks my balls (endgame being the spokesman is gone). Since I'm missing the achievement I almost wish there were... more? I did reload a couple times when my Mary Sues bit it.

Dr_Gee posted:

Balls, I thought something was really weird about LoS post-patch. I think I'll put the game on hold until this gets fixed or at least make a new campaign to play instead of my, "I'm gonna finish this come hell or high savescumming" run.
Based on my last mission it's fine if you don't quickload. I had a pair of turrets on a rooftop that would have been thoroughly ruining me if LoS had been bugged. Everything was normal. I could load an autosave and see if the gong show starts?

by.a.teammate posted:

Is there anyway to change the rulers special armour? The viper one just looks dumb.
You can swap helmets and with natural colours like dark green or tan it's not bad.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Sep 25, 2017

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Good to know I'm not the only one experiencing the weird LOS stuff, means it'll probably get fixed faster.

I'll just go back to my Xcom 2012 Impossible game. Just interrogated a Muton, so Plasma and Grenades are just around the corner!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Is Mission Time Remaining broken for anyone else? I lost a mission entirely yesterday because I didn't see a remaining timer and wanted to finish finding the black market before I went.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I posted my mod list a few days ago, so internet detective me and you'll find em. I'd post it again, but I'm on my phone.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I evac'd a dark vip. The game shows me the, still alive, vip. Bradford says he's dead and so I get no intel from the not dead vip. :thumbsup:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

how long can you delay Shen's mission before it vanishes?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I believe it's infinite duration. ^^

Re, dead VIP:
That happened to me. Try reloading an auto save and evaccing them separately; i.e., not with Evac All.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Bogart posted:

That happened to me. Try reloading an auto save and evaccing them separately; i.e., not with Evac All.

That fixed it, thanks.

Aquila
Jan 24, 2003

Thyrork posted:

I still want rescue captured people missions to be shunted down to rumour sites instead, and if enough get captured then you get to pull a large scale prison break.

This is what I was dreaming of when I accidentally left five xcoms standing around with a dead vip (lol gatekeepers explode on death) two squares from the evac point. Instead of reloading a save I was hoping for an awesome prison break where my B team rushes in, frees my A team, gives them some guns, and the eleven of us proceed to murder the gently caress out of every alien in the prison.

e:

quote:

Based on advice from this thread I use:

True Concealment (ok, great if you like sneaking around I guess)
Stop Wasting My Time (great)
Instant Avenger Menus (great)
Accurate Swords (meh, I guess if you like swords though)
Make Heals Persist (probably too good, consider changing the setting so 100% don't persist)
Cost Based Ability Colors (good)
Safer Hacking (good)
In Game Clock (good)
Beatdown Skill (pretty good)
Leader Pack (meh)
Mission Time Remaining (good)
Stopdropandroll (good)
Stabilize Me (maybe too good)
Always Bleed Out (maybe too good)

Aquila fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jul 2, 2016

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Gonna be starting a new game after reorganizing and settling on a new set of mods. Had to get rid of most of my voicepacks because having too many of them makes my game chug horribly, sad as it made me.

Here's my current mod-list (I use a hell of a lot):

Soldier Customization mods (I use a whoooole bunch):
Eyepatch Right (because Metal Gear characters >_>)
Capnbubs (come on, this one's practically mandatory)
Mass Effect's Jack appearance pack (I use the arm tattoos for several other characters, too!)
Custom Face Paints
All Flags
Free the Hood
Garrus Voicepack (I said most, not all)
Zaeed Voicepack
L4D Bill voicepack
Talo'zorah Voicepack
Symmetrical Kevlar arms
Anarchy's Children Extra Options
More Clothes options
Garrus Vakarian head (plus the invisible heads mod, even though it does have an annoying tendency to make random soldiers/civilians invisi-faced)
Ink and Paint (haven't looked at the options from this one yet, grabbed from a modlist a few pages back because I was curious)
Drimakus War Gear (see above)
Expanded Callsigns and Nicknames
More Random Backstories
(I am eternally frustrated that I can't purchase the drat pre-order customization stuff separately...)

Gameplay affecting mods:
Quiet Bradford
Stop wasting my time
Larger Starting Squad (I'm bad, and with the next mod, I feel like I need this >_>)
A Better Advent (Not a fan of the changes to panic behavior, but I love the variety of enemy units it provides)
True retroactive AWC
Hack Plus (I suppose possibly OP over time, but screw hacking anyway)
Suit upgrading
Mission Award Variety (still baffled by the time a MIMIC BEACON got the "most damage to X enemy type" award...)
It's just a scratch (if my armor is providing 4 health, and I take two damage, it should NOT RESULT IN HOSPITAL TIME.)
True Concealment (default timers)
Muton Centurion Alien Pack
Additional Mission Types (this one and all the ones below I have not tried out in-game yet, grabbed them last night and haven't opened the game yet today)
Mod Config menu
Instant Avenger menus
Stabilize Me!

I have no idea if any of these are broken.

BlazetheInferno fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jul 2, 2016

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Someone asked about a health numeric display, this is the one I've used from the start. It's never broken on me :shrug:

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Holy poo poo, your squad's faces on wanted signs hahaha.

edit: monthly report said I should have an engineer available for recruitment at HQ ... fly to HQ, no engineer. Skimping by with two, fourth month.

edit2: and very next new mission was an investigation that netted another engineer. Phew.

teethgrinder fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jul 2, 2016

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

lol just did the tower on legend, and proc'd a 5% execute on Julian on the first action when I engaged him.

bpACH
Apr 5, 2009

Bogart posted:

Re, dead VIP:

It happened to me on my current game. The trigger was evaccing the soldier holding the vip last. When I reloaded and evacced my soldiers in a different order, it worked properly.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

I evac'd a dark vip. The game shows me the, still alive, vip. Bradford says he's dead and so I get no intel from the not dead vip. :thumbsup:

Same happened to me, but no mods and on ironman so just had to live with it. My Intel has been suffering this run as a result.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Stuff like that is why I'll never do Ironman mode. If the game is going to gently caress me over I'd rather it not be by unintentional glitches.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
So, wow. I'm trying, among other things, the Additional Mission Types mod for the first time, and it occurs to me, this mod ends up giving you a LOT of extra free rookies. More than you could ever need, if you're not a complete meat-grinder of a player.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

BlazetheInferno posted:

So, wow. I'm trying, among other things, the Additional Mission Types mod for the first time, and it occurs to me, this mod ends up giving you a LOT of extra free rookies. More than you could ever need, if you're not a complete meat-grinder of a player.

Yeah, those with 'always bleed out' / 'make heals persist' / 'its just a scratch' has made my current run through ludicrously easy. I havent even bought any recruits. I think Im going to turn some of them off next time.

In other news, have a new bug report. My buddy was playing the new DLC robot level, and got the elevator. When the last person went up, the game stalled on the elevator cutscene 'like a gif', and played it for 7 minutes until he turned it off. Same result every reload. Any idea what might be causing it?

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Shumagorath posted:

Did that mod for upgraded gunpower / magnetic weapons ever get a final release? When you bought the next tier of weapons it brought the previous tiers in line with it for damage and mod space so you could use whatever was most fun. For me the machine guns and handguns feel better as cannons.

I'd be interested in this too. I like the idea of using whatever weapons I want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

I've been playing again now that the full suite of DLCs are out. I knew the alien rulers were supposed to be difficult, which is fine on its own, but they are not especially fun to fight. There doesn't seem to be much to them: you either stunlock them with lucky RNG or they wipe you.

Have yet to work up to the Tower, but I could probably clear it easily at this point. I've been delaying for no particular reason.

edit: I also insta-killed Beta with that repeater mod in one save (I reloaded so I actually got a fight). That was unexpected.