Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
So do scouting missions, don't care about invasion unless you have a lot of time and patience?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Artificer posted:

So do scouting missions, don't care about invasion unless you have a lot of time and patience?

Do you think all those long toms come from pugs?
The clan premades are running scouting missions non stop until they have arty, then drop in invasions.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Scouting is pretty easy and fun, you can do them in the trial mechs. The lights, because the medium Vindicator and whatever the other one is are set up for long range support. (Vindi has LRMs, the other has PPC's.)

The only stickers are the 50 intels and the 15 kills most damage done.
For the intel you can take the trial locust or something light/fast and snag 4-5 per game before focusing on helping teammates actually win.
For the kills most damage done, shoot things a lot. Either kill things fast or kill things brutally (stripping weapons, shooting one leg, shooting both arms off, getting all the armor off before finally finishing the poor mech off, works well against most Shadowcat builds.)

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
The IS tonnage nerf for CW doesn't help any of this either :v:

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Already finished scouting event. 4 mans knock that out pretty easy.

Although I'm scouting with Eatpants cause he still needs to finish.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Thanks everyone for their help. Sorry for being so salty last night. Scouts was good fun with you all.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Skoll posted:

The IS tonnage nerf for CW doesn't help any of this either :v:

Did they really loving lower it from 250?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
I'm not going to defend PGI or this event, but not everyone is going to only attack with Long Toms up. Most proper units realize that nobody with any sense is going to queue against them if LT is active, so they don't actively try to push scouting past 90% until they have a match. (One popular pre-made trick is to try to keep LT under 90%, then push it over 90% once they get a match. This sucks a whole lot but you can't really do anything about it as a PUG or small group.) This completely fucks the queue in ways you can take advantage of.

If scouting is under 90%, beware of premades in scouting. Especially beware of premades if sensors and satellites aren't active. If scouting is over 90% and LT is active, then the premades will all leave scouting because they don't want LT active any more, so any clan scouts are much more likely to be PUGs. So a planet with 90% scouting may look like it's all dry-drops on scouting defense, but it won't be, because Clan PUGs will line up to get their event done. You're going to have to wait (it's FW after all), but you'll get mostly fairer matches.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Oh Snapple! posted:

IS will always be op until you can buy one for $501.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Oh Snapple! posted:

Its 250 now.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Cease to Hope posted:

I'm not going to defend PGI or this event, but not everyone is going to only attack with Long Toms up. Most proper units realize that nobody with any sense is going to queue against them if LT is active, so they don't actively try to push scouting past 90% until they have a match. (One popular pre-made trick is to try to keep LT under 90%, then push it over 90% once they get a match. This sucks a whole lot but you can't really do anything about it as a PUG or small group.) This completely fucks the queue in ways you can take advantage of.

If scouting is under 90%, beware of premades in scouting. Especially beware of premades if sensors and satellites aren't active. If scouting is over 90% and LT is active, then the premades will all leave scouting because they don't want LT active any more, so any clan scouts are much more likely to be PUGs. So a planet with 90% scouting may look like it's all dry-drops on scouting defense, but it won't be, because Clan PUGs will line up to get their event done. You're going to have to wait (it's FW after all), but you'll get mostly fairer matches.

This is a good post. Knowing where and when to drop can have a significant effect on the matches you get.

Also, last time they had a cw event we eventually put a few 12 mans together and won most of our drops. Even losing some lessons were learned and we all had fun. I believe Ripersnifle put them up on you tube. Would link but phone posting.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I don't think we've had a single 12 man this event.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

TeeMerk posted:

Also, last time they had a cw event we eventually put a few 12 mans together and won most of our drops. Even losing some lessons were learned and we all had fun. I believe Ripersnifle put them up on you tube. Would link but phone posting.

The most important match was this one, I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqGDjArotiE

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

I don't have time to play today but I want to try and grind out scouting missions tomorrow. Anyone in HIGBY want to grind it out with me?

Or not in Higby. Do you have to be in the same unit to drop together?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Same faction at the very least.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

The Repo Man posted:

The most important match was this one, I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqGDjArotiE

In it, voted 5. Also highly patriotic conversation at the start. :911:

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
There are 8 people in mumble. Get your sorry monkey asses in game and lets invade some buttholes.

I think I just built the Russ special.

Sad Panda with MASC, max engine, 4 lrm 5, 2 lpl, uac20. Max engine, and enough ammo to spray anything that moves.

This mech is so spectacularly bad, but it works so well in pub matches because you can almost always guarantee being able to hose down anyone in any situation.

veedubfreak fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jul 3, 2016

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib

veedubfreak posted:

WOL and GIRL are the only actual goon units that are playing.

Higby's Heroes is the official goon unit of MWO, unlike the ones that most of the whiny children in this thread belong to. We were at least able to get a team together for the tournament. No disrespect to the few goons who actually played on a non-mouthbreather level before this thread existed. You know who you are.

Edit: Why don't you all complain some more about those hacks that comp teams use, while we sit here and laugh at your PSR4-5 ineptitude.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

johntherussian posted:

Higby's Heroes is the official goon unit of MWO, unlike the ones that most of the whiny children in this thread belong to. We were at least able to get a team together for the tournament. No disrespect to the few goons who actually played on a non-mouthbreather level before this thread existed. You know who you are.

Edit: Why don't you all complain some more about those hacks that comp teams use, while we sit here and laugh at your PSR4-5 ineptitude.

:laffo:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
"Nice Helios" is just how Mechwarriors of the future say hello.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

johntherussian posted:

Love you too bb :bigtran:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I can't tell if he's kidding or a legitimate retard. Some help, please?

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib

Anita Dickinme posted:

Love you too bb :bigtran:

:love:

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib

Skoll posted:

I can't tell if he's kidding or a legitimate retard. Some help, please?

It's you. You are the retard.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I never thought I'd see actual MWO tryhards on these forums again. What a day. Now we get all the drama of the PS2 goon groups right here in our little thread.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
TBF, no matter what no one will be as facepalming-ly awkward as MudPud, or as much drama.

Also "cockiness". :v:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Oh wow, those morons are serious and are actually partaking in that dumb tournament.

And they think we care.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I swore never again after RHOD and I meant it.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

johntherussian posted:

Holy poo poo go away. You're a planetside gimmick, reddit unit.

I have the bloodname of Lowtax Kerensky, Trial of Frog me bitches.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
"while we laugh at your rank 4-5 ineptitude"- said seriously by a grog to a group of people actively trying to tank their rankings so they don't actually have to try in matches.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

johntherussian posted:

Wait, what just happened?

Cpt. Murphey
Mar 12, 2007
Wait, titles can have text in them? Well I'll be...
:D

Cpt. Murphey fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jul 3, 2016

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
"Come friends, let us show our sick skillz to a bunch of people who don't care and will make us the butt of their jokes the next night as they play for a couple hours while we spend all day practicing."

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

game recognizes game

:golfclap:

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Well, every single team remaining in the NA bracket has a minimum on 27 wins because of the number of teams that have dropped out, which is a good sign.

I especially love the Oceanic bracket right now, where every single team is still tied for first because nobody has played any matches yet: http://mwomercs.com/mwowc2016/standings/oceanic

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
I almost want to make some time to spectate the tournament just to see the trainwreck in action. :allears:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
This is like being proud of being #1 raiding guild in Wildstar.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

EponymousMrYar posted:

Same faction at the very least.

Soo if we're in different Clans we're screwed?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Hey guys look at my wicked sick K/D ratio in a bad dead game nobody plays.

(imgur tells me this is from 3 years ago)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Check out my sick Solitaire high scores, you loving tier 5-4 plebs.

• Locked thread