Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
[Svipul, Arti Svipul]

Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Power Diagnostic System II
IFFA Compact Damage Control

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Warp Disruptor II
Sensor Booster II, Scan Resolution Script
Medium F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender

280mm Howitzer Artillery II, Tremor S
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Small Ancillary Current Router II
Small Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I
Small Targeting System Subcontroller I

This is what I have fitted up for our next gate camp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

FranktheBank posted:

[Svipul, Arti Svipul]

Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Power Diagnostic System II

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Warp Disruptor II
Sensor Booster II, Scan Resolution Script
Medium F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender

[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Small Ancillary Current Router II
Small Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I
Small Targeting System Subcontroller I

This is what I have fitted up for our next gate camp.

replace the pg rig and PDS with a t2 or navy MAPC

edit: IMO this is a bit better, just a bit more bling (prob 70mil with ammo and paste) but needs good/ok fitting skills

ALSO if you're gatecamping, having an alt in a t1 logi cruiser with RSBs and reps make a big difference

[Svipul, better]
Micro Auxiliary Power Core II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II

Republic Fleet Medium Shield Extender
5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Warp Disruptor II
Alumel-Wired Enduring Sensor Booster, Scan Resolution Script

280mm Howitzer Artillery II, Republic Fleet EMP S
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]

Small Targeting System Subcontroller II
Small Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II
Small Anti-Kinetic Screen Reinforcer II

Landsknecht fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jul 3, 2016

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
On that fit, pyfa's showing full dps at about 12km on a ship w/ a 45m sig moving 500m/s at a 45 degree from you in sharpshooter mode (character with all 5s). Is that bullshit, or does the Svipul really do pretty well without webbing?

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Reverand maynard posted:

The svipul is one of the only (minmatar) ships that can actually use arty. A full rack of t2 arty will leave a tempest or maelstrom with like 1% pg left with all Vs

The tornado, firetail, thrasher, munnin, the whole hurricane line and rupture would disagree. While I don't agree with the decision, I'm pretty sure the to make it so that you can't fit the largest arty without concessions on BS is by design, though the test mael doctrine seems to be working well for them (only needing a PDS to fit) and is rather cost efficient.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Sunber posted:

The tornado, firetail, thrasher, munnin, the whole hurricane line and rupture would disagree. While I don't agree with the decision, I'm pretty sure the to make it so that you can't fit the largest arty without concessions on BS is by design, though the test mael doctrine seems to be working well for them (only needing a PDS to fit) and is rather cost efficient.

why can you fit full rails when they're better at basically everything except alpha

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

why can you fit full rails when they're better at basically everything except alpha

Because alpha is important to overcome reps in medium fights? In large fights I guess not so much, but when have there been 255v255 man BS fights recently? Let alone bigger like in the fountain war. Also, even if you are losing a fight with arty you can still trade kills for longer because you can alpha people with fewer ships.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

damage type selection is pretty important sometimes

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

damage type selection is pretty important sometimes

then why are tachyons impossible to fit check and mate :smuggo:

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Reverand maynard posted:

The svipul is one of the only (minmatar) ships that can actually use arty. A full rack of t2 arty will leave a tempest or maelstrom with like 1% pg left with all Vs

this is dumb why would you say that

its the only thing that can fit 280s with a tank but most every insta lock thrasher has 280s

the huginn fits 720s and so does the hurricane, and you can fit 650s on p much anything.

a tempest can fit a full rack of 1400s w an armor tank dude. a maelstrom no but it has 8 hardpoints. there's also no shame in using 1200s because the stupid refire rate makes 1400s questionable afsometimes

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Landsknecht posted:

replace the pg rig and PDS with a t2 or navy MAPC

edit: IMO this is a bit better, just a bit more bling (prob 70mil with ammo and paste) but needs good/ok fitting skills

Yeah, I need to injector Cap 5 to fit the MAPC2. Thanks for the fit though.

somnolence
Sep 29, 2011

Phi230 posted:

Maybe I just had bad luck today. I just did some exploration in Hakonen and the first data site I found, rats spawned as soon as I opened the first loot box and blew my rear end up, seeing as I'm just in a Heron.

Another question. If I joined goons could I still do exploration/missions and stuff, just with goons, or will it make me unable to undock?

It was likely a ghost site.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

nigga crab pollock posted:

this is dumb why would you say that

its the only thing that can fit 280s with a tank but most every insta lock thrasher has 280s

the huginn fits 720s and so does the hurricane, and you can fit 650s on p much anything.

a tempest can fit a full rack of 1400s w an armor tank dude. a maelstrom no but it has 8 hardpoints. there's also no shame in using 1200s because the stupid refire rate makes 1400s questionable afsometimes

Not to mention 3% PG implants are really, really cheap.

Also- Advanced Weapon Upgrades 5 is on of the most important fitting skills.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Xolve posted:

Not to mention 3% PG implants are really, really cheap.

Also- Advanced Weapon Upgrades 5 is on of the most important fitting skills.

Exactly, speaking of AWU I'm glad they changed the pre-req to WU4, gives newbies more options more quickly and lets you make better low SP alts

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
This is a really dumb serious question.. what would happen if they changed arty pg usage to be the same as ac for same relative size? I've always thought it's a bit dumb that arty uses so much pg considering its tradeoffs.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Ambaire posted:

This is a really dumb serious question.. what would happen if they changed arty pg usage to be the same as ac for same relative size? I've always thought it's a bit dumb that arty uses so much pg considering its tradeoffs.

mwd machs going 2km/s alphaing anything withing 250km, forever.

I *think* arty was last balanced around the time the entire meta was sniper BS.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jul 4, 2016

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Reverand maynard posted:

mwd machs going 2km/s alphaing anything withing 250km, forever

yeah but lore, artillery is powered by slaves aiming the barrels with gears and pulleys and sextants. And when they fire it's a slave holding a punch against the primer and hitting that with a hammer

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Reverand maynard posted:

mwd machs going 2km/s alphaing anything withing 250km, forever.

I *think* arty was last balanced around the time the entire meta was sniper BS.

There's been a few minor balance passes to Artillery fitting, but nothing ground breaking or meta changing.

I want to say the last time it was done was when the removed the penalties from T2 ammo.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica
poo poo 2 of my 5 accounts are going to run out of sub time, I've got 6 days to raise a plex for each. Son of a bitch I don't like non-chill mining.

Also I put up a small control tower shooting at a moon for titanium, is it worth keeping the thing up? It's in 0.3 space but im not sure if the price of titanium vs pos fuel is worth it.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

bluegoon posted:

Also I put up a small control tower shooting at a moon for titanium, is it worth keeping the thing up? It's in 0.3 space but im not sure if the price of titanium vs pos fuel is worth it.

It's not much but its 60mil after fuel, depends if that's worth it to you

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Sunber posted:

It's not much but its 60mil after fuel, depends if that's worth it to you

Like 60m per hour?

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS
I don't know if this is the right eve thread I have lost track of which one is which at this point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTVje5M_CBo

here's a fun (actually really boring) game mechanics I tested a while back. Powers told me it was theoretically possible but practically impossible a few years ago and so I didn't give it much thought until earlier this year.

How it's done: you make bookmarks midwarp with the target warp speed, then sit at one bookmark with an alt and put the smartbomber at the next bookmark. When the target appears on the alt's overview, activate smartbombs.

The limiting factor is that you can only be set up to hit people doing a certain warp speed, doing a specific warp. So if you're set up to hit 9au/s going from gate a to gate b, going from gate b to gate a won't work, and 9.1au/s won't work.

The mechanics behind it is that when you warp, a ship doing the same warp, with the same warp speed will ALWAYS pass through the same points as it warps. You can test this for yourself by repeatedly doing a warp and dropping bookmarks. They will always be one tick away from each other, within a ~5k radius.

The same mechanic means that you risk being decloaked if you sit in a mid warp safe and a ship with the same warp speed makes the same warp and the server puts it within decloaking range in that warp tick.

objectively bad fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Jul 4, 2016

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

bluegoon posted:

Like 60m per hour?

Per month

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Sunber posted:

Per month

Gad drat, that's not good..

Anyhow, know of any ships that can fend off 5 Prowlers?

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

objectively bad posted:

I don't know if this is the right eve thread I have lost track of which one is which at this point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTVje5M_CBo

here's a fun (actually really boring) game mechanics I tested a while back. Powers told me it was theoretically possible but practically impossible a few years ago and so I didn't give it much thought until earlier this year.

How it's done: you make bookmarks midwarp with the target warp speed, then sit at one bookmark with an alt and put the smartbomber at the next bookmark. When the target appears on the alt's overview, activate smartbombs.

The limiting factor is that you can only be set up to hit people doing a certain warp speed, doing a specific warp. So if you're set up to hit 9au/s going from gate a to gate b, going from gate b to gate a won't work, and 9.1au/s won't work.

The mechanics behind it is that when you warp, a ship doing the same warp, with the same warp speed will ALWAYS pass through the same points as it warps. You can test this for yourself by repeatedly doing a warp and dropping bookmarks. They will always be one tick away from each other, within a ~5k radius.

The same mechanic means that you risk being decloaked if you sit in a mid warp safe and a ship with the same warp speed makes the same warp and the server puts it within decloaking range in that warp tick.

so what you're saying is i should buy a smartbombing something or other and set up for 3 au/s on the amarr/jita pipe and afk for hours collecting t1 cruiser and pod kills

if you dont kill someone do they just take damage or do they Fall out of warp?

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

nigga crab pollock posted:

if you dont kill someone do they just take damage or do they Fall out of warp?

I would hope/assume they only take damage, otherwise you've basically created and off-grid stop bubble. So presumably you'd need something you could one-shot.

That said, :ccp:

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Morris posted:

I would hope/assume they only take damage, otherwise you've basically created and off-grid stop bubble. So presumably you'd need something you could one-shot.

That said, :ccp:

i assume the wrecks would land on grid

if you did it right you could probably line up 4 rokhs or machs and then just chill there, although someone would probe you out

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

bluegoon posted:

poo poo 2 of my 5 accounts are going to run out of sub time, I've got 6 days to raise a plex for each. Son of a bitch I don't like non-chill mining.

Each harvesting array pulls in 100/u an hour. Take that and you get 16.8k units a week. This sells currently for ~1,769/u, bringing in ~29.7m a week.

A small tower consumes 10 units of fuel an hour, or 1.68k a week. Oxygen blocks (if using gallente) cost ~22k/u, costing ~37m a week.

Your net profit (per week) is -7.3m. You are spending money to harvest the goo if you only have one harvester up. Two would get you to ~22.4m a week in profit (but only if the moon has enough two support two harvesters).

Moon goo is only really worth it at the higher tiers, unless you are immediately turning it into an intermediate and then complex material (which requires the higher tier goos).

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS
Doing damage does not make it fall out of warp: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXy_aORr-54&t=16s

If you kill the ship the wreck and pod drop out of warp on grid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTVje5M_CBo&t=28s From the victim's perspective, they are on grid but the warp tunnel graphics continue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTVje5M_CBo&t=63s

You could do this between jita and amarr, but if you hit something in highsec concord is going to kill you.

objectively bad fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jul 4, 2016

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

necrotic posted:

Each harvesting array pulls in 100/u an hour. Take that and you get 16.8k units a week. This sells currently for ~1,769/u, bringing in ~29.7m a week.

A small tower consumes 10 units of fuel an hour, or 1.68k a week. Oxygen blocks (if using gallente) cost ~22k/u, costing ~37m a week.

Your net profit (per week) is -7.3m. You are spending money to harvest the goo if you only have one harvester up. Two would get you to ~22.4m a week in profit (but only if the moon has enough two support two harvesters).

Moon goo is only really worth it at the higher tiers, unless you are immediately turning it into an intermediate and then complex material (which requires the higher tier goos).

gently caress sakes, thanks think i'll pack it up and sell it. This loving game, My expulsion from GF, my mining op, the God damned war dec, I need to sort this poo poo out, and poo poo needs to get plexed.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

bluegoon posted:

gently caress sakes, thanks think i'll pack it up and sell it. This loving game, My expulsion from GF, my mining op, the God damned war dec, I need to sort this poo poo out, and poo poo needs to get plexed.

I recommend scaling back the number of accounts you run until you figure out how to make your plex ISK. If you are running 5 and cannot already pay for them you're doing it wrong.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

necrotic posted:

I recommend scaling back the number of accounts you run until you figure out how to make your plex ISK. If you are running 5 and cannot already pay for them you're doing it wrong.

I think you're way on point with that one, think I should stick to one, it was a reflex after GSF I had to get sustainable, or something, poo poo.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

necrotic posted:

Pretty awesome having my orca parked and getting sweet minerals, but after the little run in with the local $2 whore wranglers at Maila it seems that daddy needs to weaponize up some. I don't personally see an end to this, I put my car on auction.

gently caress brother if we play space games we play space games, right?

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
Someone talk to me about the the Dramiel. I took it out for a bit of a run and heated up to 7km/s. Is this thing basically an Interceptor murderer? 'cause it seems like it's very good at that.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Dual prop Dramiel's used to be the bees knees. Someone more attuned with the meta will have to explain why they fell off

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Syndic Thrass posted:

Dual prop Dramiel's used to be the bees knees. Someone more attuned with the meta will have to explain why they fell off

maybe because the balance legion came out

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ullerm

EVE NT Championship is back on for 2016.

http://www.eve-nt.uk/eve_nt-evesports/

quote:

Season length

This season will span over 6 episodes broadcast on consecutive Sundays, starting on the 6th of November (skipping the 27th).

ploots
Mar 19, 2010
What does balance legion mean?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Syndic Thrass posted:

ccp made every cruiser and frigate GO FAST + interceptors + svipul means they essentially don't have any targets left

Zakrello
Feb 17, 2015

missile imbound
dramiel & daredevil ruled before t3d introduced in game. in any camp with remote sebos they are the best fetchers all round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

turevidar posted:

What does balance legion mean?

ccp introduced mordus legion ships which are prettymuch amazing and both the orthrus and garmur are definitely balanced, as they scram you from 25k away then shred your frig with speed-boosted light missiles

• Locked thread