Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Julet, I don't know if you don't read the Sunday Luanns, or are trying to save us, but in catching up with this thread I noticed that the 5/29 comic was never posted. (PS - this is not an edit.)

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
First the fat-fetish in Rose is Rose, then Brooke's whole career, and now this.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Mister Mind posted:

Julet, I don't know if you don't read the Sunday Luanns, or are trying to save us, but in catching up with this thread I noticed that the 5/29 comic was never posted. (PS - this is not an edit.)

I don't really bother with reading or posting Sunday Luanns. They're generally out of continuity and I'm more interested in the awful, awful storyline. It does mean we occasionally miss nightmare fuel like this, though. :stare:

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Dayum, now thats what I call DSL!

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I haven't been paying attention to Mary worth but is there a reason why the twin in the red t-shirt is supposedly incapable of lifting a medium sized box?
That's not twins, that's a mother and her son. Specifically, that son is Tommy the Tweaker, famous for a storyline a few years back where his curiously sedate meth-dealing was the scandal of the poor woman's life. He ended up going to jail for a while, then getting out and reforming -- thanks to the help of Wilbur Weston's deep connections in the Santa Royale sandwich scene, he got an awesome job mopping the floors at a restaurant, which is WAY BETTER than selling drugs, kids.

Anyway, I assume that the box thing is because newspaper audiences, and especially the Mary Worth readers, are really old. Doing unthinkable things like lifting medium-sized boxes is the kind of foolhardy stunt they would expect from a ne'er-do-well whippersnapper like that.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Odonata posted:

Best Comic in the Thread, or, Cul de Sac

Just in case.

BEGONE, or GREAT will be my WRATH!

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

TofuDiva posted:

Just in case.

BEGONE, or GREAT will be my WRATH!

It's a travesty that Thompson's abilities were taken from him, yet Adams, Brooke, the Evanses, etc. still get to produce crap on a daily basis.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Niki's jaw may be broken.

Future warehouse fire for insurance fraud?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Oooh, hadn't considered the insurance fraud option. Might attract a bit too much attention with the "retired" art forger being there.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Typical Luann content. A bunch of dummies talking.

:colbert:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

A Real Horse posted:

It's a travesty that Thompson's abilities were taken from him, yet Adams, Brooke, the Evanses, etc. still get to produce crap on a daily basis.

They never had ability to lose.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Pluggers

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
I really wish Gilchrist's hands would fall off or something.

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost
Moving. Spiritually enriching. Sublime. “High” art, or, Gasoline Alley

Phoebe and her Unicorn, or, Heavenly Nostrils

Middle School Action Comics!, or, Big Nate

Descent into Madness, or, Ziggy

Ye Olde Fox Trot

Best Comic in the Thread, or, Cul de Sac

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Odonata posted:

I'm thinking that's supposed to be this guy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA_r1Ynl4Ls

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set cuts to the chase.

Working Daze suffers brain damage.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix has a routine.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

Odonata posted:

The fact that he put the words on the door backwards, yet drew it so that we're looking at the front of the door so they wouldn't be backwards bothers me way more than it should.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

CaptainCaveman posted:

The fact that he put the words on the door backwards, yet drew it so that we're looking at the front of the door so they wouldn't be backwards bothers me way more than it should.

Maybe the hypothetical camera is actually looking into a mirror.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Johnny Walker posted:

Is there some connection between Kabibble Kabaret and Thimble Theater or what? A quick google tells me that Herschfield is not Segar, but then I don't know why Comics Kingdom is reprinting them along with TT (other than simply that they can so why not).

I don't think so. It probably just padded space in their source paper and will disappear as suddenly as it came.

Pogo (July 1-3, 1958)

Peanuts; Year Five (February 17-20, 1955)

This is the indicator that Lucy and Charlotte Braun have merged.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Johnny Walker posted:

I'm thinking that's supposed to be this guy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA_r1Ynl4Ls

I think you're right. And it goes to show who Gasoline Alley's intended audience is: people who actually remember The Jack Benny Show.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

See also:

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

This has to be an actual game somewhere.

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

a mixture of gravity and waggery

At least they stopped say "my items!!" at each other. Of course, now it seems incongruous when they're not talking like robots.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

EasyEW posted:

Meanwhile, Rip Haywire lets the cat out of the bag.

More like Rip Haywire gets an eyeful.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbursts of Everett True

And He Died.

Guess If They Are Married!

Whoops Sisters

Good Time Guy (click for big)

Dave’s Delicatessen (click for big)

Mopsy

Feiffer (click for big)

Jaf

Wee Pals (click for big)

Mr. Tweedy

Andy Capp (click for big)

DC Money
Feb 24, 2007
I'm a fancy lad.

Trilobite posted:

That's not twins, that's a mother and her son. Specifically, that son is Tommy the Tweaker, famous for a storyline a few years back where his curiously sedate meth-dealing was the scandal of the poor woman's life. He ended up going to jail for a while, then getting out and reforming -- thanks to the help of Wilbur Weston's deep connections in the Santa Royale sandwich scene, he got an awesome job mopping the floors at a restaurant, which is WAY BETTER than selling drugs, kids.

Anyway, I assume that the box thing is because newspaper audiences, and especially the Mary Worth readers, are really old. Doing unthinkable things like lifting medium-sized boxes is the kind of foolhardy stunt they would expect from a ne'er-do-well whippersnapper like that.

Ok, Mary Worth is terrible. Somehow i didn't pick up that that guy was the tweaker guy from jail from way back. And i really thought i had been reading Mary Worth, but now that i think of it i actually couldn't tell you what's going on or what's been in the last strips even though i read them, last i really remember she was telling the dr. guy about her new york trip at the butt boat.. (sorry bum boat).

Meanwhile, the last reposted cul de sac has in one single cartoon four perfectly described and drawn characters: Andre, the older boy being nice and treating the little girl like a princess, Alice, who has such a crush on Andre that she just giggles and agrees with him (and that perfect line from the comic before, "oh Andre, i didn't see you there, hee hee!") and then poor Dill, who knows he can't compete with that huge older boy, and finally, Petey, who i can relate to, who is still trying to think through the wasp situation and is in his own world. It really does make you wonder about the fairness of life (i.e. Richard Thompson having to give up his strip). And he doesn't have to hit you over the head and explain things to make you realize what's going on, it's all in how the characters say what they're saying and how they are drawn. a true genius.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

I fuckin' love people picking up boxes of reasonable size and weight!

Prediction: Tommy injures himself moving and comes close to relapsing on pain meds.
Wait didn't we have this comic yesterday, from a different angle and with slightly different dialogue telling us the same thing?

Is this turning into Dick Tracy?

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Zereth posted:

Wait didn't we have this comic yesterday, from a different angle and with slightly different dialogue telling us the same thing?
You have read Mary Worth before, right? The Sunday strip will have the same story again, with better art.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
It's a newspaper kinda thing

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Slammy posted:

Andy Capp (click for big)

the appeal of cary grant, eh? queer andy capp confirmed

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Oh, so it's a 5 minute flight then.

Pibgorn Wahoo Terminal

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Brooke really has to bring in sex into every single goddamn comic, don't he?

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Odonata posted:

The fact that there are people with normal-rear end human eyes interacting with the hosed up bug-eyed people in this comic is horrifying.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

dordreff posted:

The fact that there are people with normal-rear end human eyes interacting with the hosed up bug-eyed people in this comic is horrifying.

Not quite as horrifying as being stuck on a trans-oceanic flight with the guy who's been wearing the same trenchcoat and roll neck jumper for the past six? eight? months.

Mister Mind posted:

Ab Fab got there first.

Health and safety conscious, lobotomised Brad Pitt is pleased.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Wow, what a mean dig at One Big Happy.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
In which Ted Forth destroys civilization.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Viivi & Wagner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons