Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

Also wow pastel power is op

Seriously I have no idea how I could have beat the chapter 4 boss other than just spamming pastel power whenever it worse off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Is there a list of things I should know/aren't obvious before I go deeper, I just got my third party member and stuff seems very cool anime

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Stormgale posted:

Is there a list of things I should know/aren't obvious before I go deeper, I just got my third party member and stuff seems very cool anime

-if you're too mean to tsubasa you might miss out on a skill
-don't worry about running out of EP too much

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

-don't worry about running out of EP too much

At all.

I can't imagine any situation where you'd run out of EP except MAYBE in the arena and honestly not even then.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

ImpAtom posted:

At all.

I can't imagine any situation where you'd run out of EP except MAYBE in the arena and honestly not even then.

I mean in theory at high levels I assume some of your skills might take a lot of EP... but yeah. I've been watching someone stream & it's sort of painful watching him use regular attacks to save EP, ignore the turn order, waste turns healing mid-fight when he's over 40%...

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i never regular attack ever

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Super No Vacancy posted:

i never regular attack ever

:yeah:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Sometimes I do a regular attack to finish something off or I don't have any alternatives due to lack of weaknesses my character can exploit.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Rexroom posted:

Sometimes I do a regular attack to finish something off or I don't have any alternatives due to lack of weaknesses my character can exploit.

I just defend until someone else gets a turn to initiate a session attack for that sweet sweet extra loot

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

If I can't session it ain't worth it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I just throw up a buff even if i don't really need it if I can't session

Anyway I'm sad I'm apparently almost done with the game. Aside from Mamori and Yashiro I've done all my party's side stories (though admittedly there's still one more each for the backups as well). It's been really fun and I will miss it.

Hopefully the last couple chapters are meaty

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Regy Rusty posted:

Anyway I'm sad I'm apparently almost done with the game. Aside from Mamori and Yashiro I've done all my party's side stories (though admittedly there's still one more each for the backups as well). It's been really fun and I will miss it.

I feel the same way. I'm about to start Chapter 4, and I heard there's only 6 chapters + prologue and epilogue, so I'm already half way through. It'll be bittersweet when the game is done. This is the first JRPG in a long time that I've gotten into.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I like how the game just keeps giving you tools to absolutely savage enemies. I did Kiria's Level 42 quest Cord and Bord and the Duo art you get as a reward is absurdly good when it triggers. Aoe, Heals party and sets up another session? yes please! Between that and my back row folks being able to participate, it's not hard to get a 10 hit as early as Chapter 4.

I hope they aren't done with this offshoot and do more games. I wont hold my breath but they really cooked up something magical with this one.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Levantine posted:

I hope they aren't done with this offshoot and do more games. I wont hold my breath but they really cooked up something magical with this one.

Maybe if it sells incredibly well in america

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

BillmasterCozb posted:

Maybe if it sells incredibly well in america

Did it bomb in Japan?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Quite so, though I've heard the numbers don't include digital copies. It was, what, about 15k?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Doesn't include digital, on the wiiu, camr in the same year as xenoblade chronicles x which is a thing that matters in japan because consoles in general have been in decline for a decade

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
For those looking for a fast, convenient spawn point for Sixth Elements to farm Macca Converters, this is a good spot in the Chapter 3 dungeon:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

AlphaKretin posted:

Quite so, though I've heard the numbers don't include digital copies. It was, what, about 15k?

sweet christ on a crutch those are worse than Battleborn numbers, how did it ever get localized

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

CrashCat posted:

sweet christ on a crutch those are worse than Battleborn numbers, how did it ever get localized

Most Games, especially 1st/2nd party, are localized during the making of the game nowadays.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

well it's not like nintendo had any other games to localize so its either this or have a localization staff getting paid to do nothing

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Super No Vacancy posted:

well it's not like nintendo had any other games to localize so its either this or have a localization staff getting paid to do nothing

this one was actually done in-house at atlus

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"Fire Emblem and Persona" is actually a fairly safe bet when it comes to localization, they're two of the most successful JRPG franchises not named Final Fantasy, and so they announced it for localization before it was out.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
How do you kill the gold enemies in chapter 4? They seem incredibly hardy.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Question, Tsubasa's got a Radiant Unity that requires a treasure box item. It says it's in the first area of Illusory Shibuya. I've scoured all over that area but cannot find a section I haven't been to that I can access. Is it in that area I can't access yet? If so, when will I get access to it?

Senerio fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jul 3, 2016

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Senerio posted:

Question, Tsubasa's got a Radiant Unity that requires a treasure box item. It says it's in the first area of Illusory Shibuya. I've scoured all over that area but cannot find a section I haven't been to that I can access. Is it in that area I can't access yet? If so, when will I get access to it?

Not anytime soon. Concentrate on the other things in the meantime.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So, for confirmation, I can't unlock Tsubasa's "Go earlier in the turn" Radiant Unity for a while? Just wanna be sure I'm not missing it because this dungeon is legitimately real confusing.

Also, who do you all recommend I use the first Macca Converter I get on? I kinda want to save it for Kiria's new Rod, but I'll use it on anyone's.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Senerio posted:

So, for confirmation, I can't unlock Tsubasa's "Go earlier in the turn" Radiant Unity for a while? Just wanna be sure I'm not missing it because this dungeon is legitimately real confusing.

Also, who do you all recommend I use the first Macca Converter I get on? I kinda want to save it for Kiria's new Rod, but I'll use it on anyone's.

"When Action Order for each turn is decided, this cast member's turn will come sooner?" No you can get that already. I still haven't gotten the ability to destroy those walls but I got that back in chapter 2.

The prestige needed is always a good metric of where the game expects you to be in the game to unlock a radiant unity. You just need to keep searching for that chest! (I can't help you there as I do not remember where it is)

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Up to the final boss at the end of Chapter 5 and the game crashed. Haven't had my Wii U do that for a while. Plus, the save I made just before that apparently didn't work. So, a lot to redo.

Still really enjoying the game. Quickly wondering, does Maiko have a partner, or did she used to have one?

Also, Barry is the absolute best. His burn on Eleonora is just amazing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Andrew_1985 posted:

Up to the final boss at the end of Chapter 5 and the game crashed. Haven't had my Wii U do that for a while. Plus, the save I made just before that apparently didn't work. So, a lot to redo.

Still really enjoying the game. Quickly wondering, does Maiko have a partner, or did she used to have one?

Maiko doesn't have a traditional Mirage but she's the one who found Tiki so basically Tiki is her partner.,

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!

Andrew_1985 posted:

The artbook that came with the SE says that Maiko was originally planned to be a party member and would have had a Dancer as her partner but they had to cut that idea.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Knowing what an idol's life is like, should this game really be glamorizing them this much?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yes

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Ok cool

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Who cares

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Idols notoriously placed in cages and beaten with sticks until they perform

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Calaveron posted:

Knowing what an idol's life is like, should this game really be glamorizing them this much?

It's a game that has one of the biggest J-pop companies collaborating. Of course they'll be glamorizing the music industry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Calaveron posted:

This argument keeps coming up and it's kind of dumb and tiring concern trolling. Yes, the idol industry is kind of hosed up, in ways that are both exaggerated and true. It's got serious problems and needs to be looked at carefully.

You know what else that applies to? The military, PMCs, police officers, actors, and sports, all of which are glamorized regularly in video games and for some reason this argument doesn't come up there.

If you want to argue video games shouldn't be glamorizing hosed-up industries in any way, shape or form, that's fine but picking Tokyo Mirage Sessions as the one to focus on is like getting annoyed at a garbage can fire while a building is burning down next door.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jul 3, 2016

• Locked thread