Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Kanye has not made a bad solo album

Jay z has done MANY bad solo albums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
If Kanye was a quiet dude who went dark other than to drop music his music would just be beat tapes because he'd have literally nothing left to rap about

Idk how anyone can like his music and hate his persona they are inseparable

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Kanye has not made a bad solo album

Jay z has done MANY bad solo albums

Many? Kingdom Come and...?

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Bigass Moth posted:

Many? Kingdom Come and...?

Blueprint 2, Blueprint 3, Roc La Familia, MCHG, Watch the Throne, and Vol 1 isn't really held in high-esteem.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
The famous video is so genius, I can't believe Kanye conceived it. He's The Artist of 2 generations.

Kuikka
Aug 16, 2006
I liked the Famous video a lot more than I thought I would. It made me feel like a disgusting stalker invading people's privacy, which I'm guessing was the point.
Also I really appreciate how the video depicted its subjects as simply people like the rest of us, stripped of all the status and/or notoriety that they hold. The realdolls in the video seem almost more human than their living counterparts. Which is why it felt so poignant to end the segment with the image of George W. Bush as just a sleeping grandpa.

Tl;dr Love that Kanye

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Kuikka posted:

Which is why it felt so poignant to end the segment with the image of George W. Bush as just a sleeping grandpa.

At first I thought it was Vince McMahon. :v:

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
lol @ anyone who doesn't think Kanye is the greatest artist of our time

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wScYn10D2vo

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Hahaha, Kim Just put out the recipts of Taylor giving the OK for the opening line in Famous.

https://twitter.com/Mr1738/status/754875821509189632

Dexo fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jul 18, 2016

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

He doesn't say "I made that bitch famous", which is what she says she's upset about~

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dexo posted:

Hahaha, Kim Just put out the recipts of Taylor giving the OK for the opening line in Famous.

https://twitter.com/Mr1738/status/754875821509189632

On the one hand, I think Taylor said at one point that she didn't know he would call her a bitch in the song, but on the other, Kim putting her on blast exactly like she said she would is hilarious.

Kim is awesome. I get why people hate the Kardashians, but I can't think of anything Kim has done recently that has been terrible, and she's got a pretty good sense of humor.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Isn't it illegal to record people without their consent/knowledge where they are?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Yoshifan823 posted:

On the one hand, I think Taylor said at one point that she didn't know he would call her a bitch in the song, but on the other, Kim putting her on blast exactly like she said she would is hilarious.

Kim is awesome. I get why people hate the Kardashians, but I can't think of anything Kim has done recently that has been terrible, and she's got a pretty good sense of humor.

Kardashians' are weird.

I think my problem with them just comes from media as a whole. Like they do poo poo in fashion and hair styling that Black women have been doing for years and poo poo. and get treated as trendsetters and poo poo.

I dunno how much of that to blame on them or the trash media, or some combination of both.

But other than that I never knock someone's hustle.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Coffee And Pie posted:

Isn't it illegal to record people without their consent/knowledge where they are?

New York is one-party consent.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Pinterest Mom posted:

New York is one-party consent.

What about CA?

My theory is Taylor flip-flopping probably had something to do with the whole tidal thing

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/alphreak/status/754879849316089857

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
This is further proof for my ongoing hypothesis that Kanye West is actually the nicest person in the entire entertainment industry.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Coffee And Pie posted:

knowing how sue happy Taylor is, and how not dumb the Kardashians are I'm pretty sure this is probably above board.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Coffee And Pie posted:

What about CA?

My theory is Taylor flip-flopping probably had something to do with the whole tidal thing

I don't think it's that much of a conspiracy. I think it's a combination of her genuinely not knowing that the next like was gonna be "I made that bitch famous" and her having a great opportunity to do one of those Big Feminist Moments at whatever award show she was at.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
We all knew Taylor swift was a fake rear end

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Honestly I don't even care, I still love her mildly problematic rear end

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
It's not a big feminist moment, lol. How about don't call women bitches?

Kanye's recent re-gloming onto Taylor in Pablo times is so pathetic. Some Wayne coyne dude getting older and feeling insecure poo poo. Pathetic poo poo.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Cool how when a woman stands up for herself it's a oval office pulling a big feminist movement.

On the other hand, had that been Beyoncé y'all be diving for the bat.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The problem is her original statement gloms onto a (potential) kernel of truth and stretches it into a gigantic lie:

quote:

According to a message supplied to EW from Swift’s rep, “Kanye did not call for approval, but to ask Taylor to release his single ‘Famous’ on her Twitter account. She declined and cautioned him about releasing a song with such a strong misogynistic message. Taylor was never made aware of the actual lyric, ‘I made that bitch famous.’”

She signed off on the line "I feel like Taylor still owes me sex" which seems 100x more problematic, she acknowledged the "made me famous" part in the phone call and she said she was on board with the clear intent of the line, so it's a pretty big leap to become scandalized solely by the use of the word 'bitch' in a rap song

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

rear end Catchcum posted:

It's not a big feminist moment, lol. How about don't call women bitches?

Kanye's recent re-gloming onto Taylor in Pablo times is so pathetic. Some Wayne coyne dude getting older and feeling insecure poo poo. Pathetic poo poo.

lol dude what posts are you even replying to?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Taylor definitely knew and now is trying to get the damage control but the damage is done

Also rip Selena Gomez caught in the crossfire

🐍🐍🐍😵😵😵

3peat
May 6, 2010

Taylor Snek

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Chloe Grace Moretz defended Taylor Swift on Twitter and Khloe Kardashian responded with a picture that's allegedly of CGM's butthole :stare:

This is getting ugly

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Coffee And Pie posted:

Chloe Grace Moretz defended Taylor Swift on Twitter and Khloe Kardashian responded with a picture that's allegedly of CGM's butthole :stare:

Just checked Kim k's Twitter and I'm not seeing that?

Lmao I didn't realize it was khloe

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Goddamnit Khloe, way to just ruin the fun of the whole thing.

Oh well, what can you do about white(well light skin and Mixed shouts to OJ) on white crime.

But Selena Gomez also caught hella strays trying to protect her lying rear end friend.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This is the dumbest poo poo

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008

Dexo posted:

lol dude what posts are you even replying to?

Yoshifan823 posted:

I don't think it's that much of a conspiracy. I think it's a combination of her genuinely not knowing that the next like was gonna be "I made that bitch famous" and her having a great opportunity to do one of those Big Feminist Moments at whatever award show she was at.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Don't cheapen other people's art as a way of propelling yours. Also, grow up, bully.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Lol dude. Kanye literally put on his nicest White people voice and called T Swift for clearance for the line Which is more than any other rapper would do. Dude literally said "Relationships are more important than punchlines, you know." That conversation was literally the most pleasant conversation with Kanye that I have ever seen publicly released.

But yeah Rap is misogynistic as all hell, and if you want to lower that and remove misogyny by getting rid of poo poo like using the word bitch, and the objectification then I'm all for it.

It's dumb as hell to act like Kanye committed some grave atrocity here. It was supposed to just be a fun joke that He and Taylor were in on.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jul 18, 2016

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/755109169204649984

Waverhouse
Jun 8, 2009

A highly sophisticated simpleton.
Taylor Swift, self avowed rap fan, is scandalized that a rap song used the word "bitch" in the year of our Lord, two thousand and sixteen.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Taylor Swift personally approved a line about her owing Kanye sex for making her famous, but using the word "bitch" in a rap song is going too far

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Waverhouse posted:

Taylor Swift, self avowed rap fan, is scandalized that a rap song used the word "bitch" in the year of our Lord, two thousand and sixteen.

p much this yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Waverhouse posted:

Swift status - shook

• Locked thread