Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

*slams both buttons, brain fried, but dies happy*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
*Open palm slaps "Good!" and dies instantly.*

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
My friends, I have just returned from a sabbatical in the wilderness. While I was lost, I came upon a mountain top and prayed to Allah for six days. At the climax of my worship, I received a vision from the angel Gabriel. He instructed me to tell you what I saw.

Overwatch is good, inshallah.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
*Tim looks up, sweaty, cold, scared. "A choice?" He whispers as if each consonant, each vowel, were a foot step up a mountain*

*he sighs, there never was a choice. Never a fork in the path.*

*as a final pained move Tim reaches over and as if hoisting the very world on his shoulders as Apollo was cursed to do for eternity, slumps over while slamming the only button he ever knew, the only button he could ever know*

*Its bad*

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
so why are they still talking about confirmed bad game overwatch?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

proof of concept posted:

so why are they still talking about confirmed bad game overwatch?

Unsure, tbh

It's bad

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Its pretty good, for a game.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

This thread if filled with people who like the game and three posters who don't fully grasp the English language and its complicated adjectives like "good" and "bad".

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
Who cares if it is bad or good, how many units has it sold?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Roylicious posted:

Who cares if it is bad or good, how many units has it sold?

10 million.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Germstore posted:

10 million.

that's an awful lot for such a bad game, I'm impressed.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

proof of concept posted:

Imagine how many copies it could have sold if it was good; I guess we'll never know.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Germstore posted:

Imagine how many copies it could have sold if it was good; I guess we'll never know.

a mystery for the ages, since, truly this is a bad game

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

any map with only a single chokepoint to a cap point.

its amazing to me that a) maps got designed this way in the first place and b) they made it past any kind of playtesting

i feel the same way about hanzos volkswagen sized hitbox

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

proof of concept posted:

no poo poo, this is the first game my girlfriend has been interested in in like 5 years together. i think its because the characters look pixar or something

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

i feel the same way about hanzos volkswagen sized hitbox

They named him hanzo. The rest of the world knows a weeaboo honeypot when they see one.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
overwatch is good

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
nah

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

there's no map with a single choke point if you play D.Va or Genji or Junkrat or Winston or- basically any hero that isn't the 75% of heroes that have a movement ability.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Germstore posted:

there's no map with a single choke point if you play D.Va or Genji or Junkrat or Winston or- basically any hero that isn't the 75% of heroes that have a movement ability.

i mean the first hanamura and the last kings row push just off the top of my hea

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Overwatch is good I'm going to play it right now I just wanted to bump this thread in case anyone forgot we had a thread to talk about how good it is

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Aralan posted:

Overwatch is good I'm going to play it right now I just wanted to bump this thread in case anyone forgot we had a thread to talk about how good it is
Battleborn is still bad

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Battleborn will always be bad, maybe that's the game some of the people in this thread are thinking of when they say it's bad?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Overwatch is bad

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
Hey everyone! I posted a few times in this thread, but I actually never made a definitive statement as to whether Overwatch is good or bad. Sorry about that, guys. Anyway, it turns out that it is good. If you like good games, try out Overwatch! Maybe go over a friend's house who has it and give it a shot if you're on the fence since even if a game is good it still might not be for everybody. To make an analogy here, a nicely cooked and seasoned steak is Good, but if you're a vegetarian you still might not like it! That's okay though, "different strokes for different folks" as they say.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Overwatch is good

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Overwatch is bad

please dr tim, this is malpractice

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Germstore posted:

please dr tim, this is malpractice

:puckout:

im not even a real doctor

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Battleborn is bad

:yeah:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

probably true, probably true

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

:puckout:

im not even a real doctor

hosed up if true, dr whatley

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
been playing it a bunch this afternoon

its good, definitely

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Competitive mode is in now, it's good, even though my teammates tend to be irredeemably bad

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Aralan posted:

Competitive mode is in now, it's good, even though my teammates tend to be irredeemably bad

have to be honest there friend, its the game that is bad

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

That idiot bitch in the pineapple shirt shops at j c Penney

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

I'm every person in this picture, but mostly the Hanzo with his nip out

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

thathonkey posted:

no im not sure why they didnt make a spy-type hero since they literally ripped off every single other class from TF2 to make various heroes from. someone with spy-esque abilities would've been dope.

like shamelessly so. i cant get over how cliche and garbage blizzard's storytelling and hero backstory stuff is so i skip all that type of thing and just start playing. luckily all that is event more irrelevant to the game experience than with most of their games.

theres a ninja instead and he owns much more than any of the tf2 classes do

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

this is piss poor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

this is piss poor

A true representation of Blizzard's Overwatch