Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Your Computer posted:

but it's not Zelda :arghfist::saddowns:

It's me. I'm the person who enjoys playing the same game over and over with a different coat of paint and some different items.

I mean, its kind of literally A Link To the Past

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Your Computer posted:

but it's not Zelda :arghfist::saddowns:

I think you'll find that going to whatever dungeon you want is explicitly Zelda. Except for the crappy Zeldas which make you do dungeons in order.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I mean renting items, you guys.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The video glitching is looking kind of rough. I hope that 3DS doesn't fail until they're finished.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Oh hey, perfect time to tune in. Also I'm the guy who made that Zelda cross-stitch that's on donation right now. Get it, it's pretty sweet.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Random Stranger posted:

The video glitching is looking kind of rough. I hope that 3DS doesn't fail until they're finished.

it's prob not the 3ds itself but their capture/cable equipment

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Sage Grimm posted:

Oh hey, perfect time to tune in. Also I'm the guy who made that Zelda cross-stitch that's on donation right now. Get it, it's pretty sweet.

this is really cool!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

"Good luck and congrats!!! :D"

"thanks..."

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

SeXReX posted:

at agdq 2014 the french community raised a bunch of money to name a file after a french runner who was fighting cancer

then 4chan sniped it for a joke about the illuminati

moral of the story is the internet sucks

e. the french also raised money for a time machine
before I knew who bichphuongballz was i got real angry that "bich" was winning a name race because i thought they were just trying to get bitch past a profanity filter

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness
What's with this screen tearing?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

it's prob not the 3ds itself but their capture/cable equipment

The video lines make it look like it's the wire connection to the modded 3DS. That could be the cable or it could be the internal soldering they did for it. Either way, that 3DS is being shaken like an unwanted baby while speedrunning and it's probably not good for it.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Violently Car posted:

What's with this screen tearing?

Maybe they turned off vsync to get a higher framerate for certain glitches

:downs:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
bummed I wont be able to watch much until Tues

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I probably ate up all of my mobile data watching the SMS run but it was definitely worth it. Sucks about the Sam file name, though. :(

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Sage Grimm posted:

That's pretty boss.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

I mean, the dude didn't know what he was sniping which is kinda tragic and perversely hilarious but the fact it was for a lameass twitch emote is so boring

like if he would've just sniped with something crude at least it would've been funny
choosing the very first name incentive was also probably a really dumb idea

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

so the runner just said a lot of people had issues getting the pegasus boots and he didn't know why and I was one of those people and I will tell you why.

LTTP is one of my fav games and the thief's behavior in ALBW is supposed to mirror a villager you can meet in LTTP who runs from you when you get near him. in LTTP you needed the pegasus boots you reach him so I figured in ALBW you needed the boots to reach him as well so I just ignored him for a while thorugh the game until I had a light-bulb moment

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

beep by grandpa posted:

this is really cool!

Wait gently caress, screwed up my entrance. It's for the other zeldas later on. NEVER MIND.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

^^ wow, I take it back. get it together next time sheesh.

Eonwe posted:

bummed I wont be able to watch much until Tues

I think you should keeep posting anyway it's not the same without you :-]

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

beep by grandpa posted:

will do

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

CrashCat posted:

choosing the very first name incentive was also probably a really dumb idea

nah, it was winning until it got sniped by a rando

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

beep by grandpa posted:

:same:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

quoting myself cause it's at the bottom of a realy gay rear end page and i think it's a good idea but I'm not the guy to do it. please believe in roo.

beep by grandpa posted:

honestly i think if the roo gentleman is like a big name streamer and someone sent him a concise screenshot of the sam/jeff/wahtever donation totals with a summarized C&P of samantha's story I think there's prob a good chance he would try to use his influence to get Sam in somewhere else. big name personalities are generally good about this sort of thing.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I'm real mad that not only is Demon's Souls the only Soulsborne there but it's on at the same time as football

Man DS3 with the new (well, new-ish) any% skips would have been great.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
House of Gales Skip Skip Skip.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
How many players in this marathon actually have charisma/know how to be entertaining?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

ChibiSoma posted:

How many players in this marathon actually have charisma/know how to be entertaining?

More than you'd think, less than it should be.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

ChibiSoma posted:

it's usually a crap shoot, but they tend to pick streamers who are decent (or at least set up a couch that's talkative or fun if commentator is just a quiet guy). ultimately it's all in the streamer's hands, though.

this one's deffo on the bad side

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Are the GDQ guys open to suggsting a bid war on a run that doesn't have one? There's a Pokémon Red run toward the end of the week and a character name option might be fitting.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Insurrectionist posted:

I'm real mad that not only is Demon's Souls the only Soulsborne there but it's on at the same time as football

Man DS3 with the new (well, new-ish) any% skips would have been great.

Me too but tbh the bloodborne run this year was really loving lame and was the most disappoiting part of agdq16 this year for me.

Sidenote, I mentioned how upset I was at this in the speedruns thread a very nice gentleman linked me some chinese runner's bloodborne all bosses + dlc WR and it was one of the hypest runs i have ever fuckin seen. I recommend it!!!!!!

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Minrad posted:

it's usually a crap shoot, but they tend to pick streamers who are decent (or at least set up a couch that's talkative or fun if commentator is just a quiet guy). ultimately it's all in the streamer's hands, though.

Eh, mileage may vary. I don't mind the guy on the couch who talks the most but then he's been a commentator/player at these things for years. You get used to it.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Minrad posted:

bad side?!

do you remember Tomba 2

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Infidel Castro posted:

Are the GDQ guys open to suggsting a bid war on a run that doesn't have one? There's a Pokémon Red run toward the end of the week and a character name option might be fitting.

Given how much memory manipulation is involved in Pokemon runs, that might not actually be viable.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I only played Link Between Worlds for a little bit, but doesnt the stamina regen over time?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

crash bandicoot suicide% gave me cancer.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
i'm kinda worried about bad commentary for freedom planet because while the run is excellent, I know Fladervy pretty well and dude doesn't speak great English and is really loving shy. I'm hoping his co-comm and the special guest (which you probably know about already if you follow my twitter but i'm gonna be coy for fun) can carry the run for him.

ganbatte fladervy

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Man, playing ALBW without being able to see your stamina meter is crazy. That's a crazy situation.

EDIT: Stamina is invisible due to sequence breaks.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

KKKLIP ART posted:

I only played Link Between Worlds for a little bit, but doesnt the stamina regen over time?

Yes it does, but it's faster to reset it if you're using it heavily.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Minrad posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

beep by grandpa posted:

crash bandicoot suicide% gave me cancer.
We don't talk about that anymore.

• Locked thread