Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

ChibiSoma posted:

Was this the same guy who went up to Withhelde and was creeping on her super fuckin' hard or was that some other dude?

wouldn't surprise me

thing I recently saw with the guy was the fact he recently got pressured to step down as a series mod for the entire Sonic series because that community got tired of him meddling and interrupting individual games communities attempts to restructure their leaderboards for absolutely no reason and generally getting on everyone's tits

so if you were maybe having the thought that he was just socially awkward on stage or something, rest assured that he's so hard to deal with that even the sonic fans can't put up with him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

hmm I remember enjoying ALBW (only played it once back when it came out) but I am just really not into this run tbh.couldn't tell you exactly why either.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Azazell0 posted:

Yeah, nothing like looking at the top of runner's head. Awkward for those who have bald spots.

Seriously, the camera angles need adjusting.

it's the same camera angle as the game, it's for immersion :shepface:

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Azazell0 posted:

Yeah, nothing like looking at the top of runner's head. Awkward for those who have bald spots.

The runner's sitting at the PC station and we couldn't really do better with the camera we had. The main layout when people are on the TVs should be better.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I heard that same guy also hosed stivitybobo confirm/deny?

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
i remember seeing so many runs die on TR BK skip...

wow 3rd try is insane :staredog:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Azazell0 posted:

I hope everything works out for you guys. I will probably be watching this run live, since it's evening euro time.

tbf sunshine was fine, this is cuz he's playing a handheld game. there's no way to make a person look good when they're looking at a handheld or a phone, especially if you're fat (which the runner looks like he is)

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I don't remember goatse being a boss in this game.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

haha random thought: sgdq17 mighty no9 and bloodstained get run back to back :getin:

slev
Apr 6, 2009

that guy in the green looks like he really doesn't want to touch that Asian guy

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
How many "frame perfect"/"one frame trick" are actually so? I've always taken it as hyperbole for difficult to do.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Minrad posted:

tbf sunshine was fine, this is cuz he's playing a handheld game. there's no way to make a person look good when they're looking at a handheld or a phone, especially if you're fat (which the runner looks like he is)

he is called ahamplan after all :yum:

Lessail posted:

How many "frame perfect"/"one frame trick" are actually so? I've always taken it as hyperbole for difficult to do.

this one actually is and there's no precise cue/buffer for it so it's pretty much just press the button and hope you make it

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

haha random thought: sgdq17 mighty no9 and bloodstained get run back to back :getin:

but will mighty no 9 be in the mega man block, or awful games done quick? :iceburn:

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

UraniumAnchor posted:

The runner's sitting at the PC station and we couldn't really do better with the camera we had. The main layout when people are on the TVs should be better.

Yeah, the sunshine run was just fine in this regard, although I would've liked to see the crowd a bit more.

One thing I gotta say that the layout is absolutely gorgeous this year.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Lessail posted:

More than you'd think but the trick with that statement is that there's usually ways to buffer it or the game runs at a low framerate or something.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Have a $50000 donation incentive to not play Mighty Hashtag Nine.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lessail posted:

a lot of it is hyperbole* but most of it is also hard enough that it still very impressive

*see: using the term "pixel perfect" in 3D games, etc.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Minrad posted:

but will mighty no 9 be in the mega man block, or awful games done quick? :iceburn:

You never know they might patch the poo poo out of it and it won't be so awful.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Lessail posted:

And in some cases frame perfect is 1/30th of a second instead of 1/60th, depending on how fast the game is running.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Lessail posted:

these guys are super nerds and usually they aren't exaggerating about that

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

edit: lmfao this is not the post I meant to quote!!!

argondamn posted:

I heard that same guy also hosed stivitybobo confirm/deny?

meant to quote this:

Minrad posted:

made me think oo this

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jul 3, 2016

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

UraniumAnchor posted:

can you fix the couch?

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

More than you'd think but the trick with that statement is that there's usually ways to buffer it or the game runs at a low framerate or something.

ALBW runs at 60fps and there's no buffer for it

also that early boss key in swamp palace is pixel perfect jsyk

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
So since we didn't get the file name for this game are there any other zelda games we should yet and get the names for?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Azazell0 posted:

Yeah, the sunshine run was just fine in this regard, although I would've liked to see the crowd a bit more.

One thing I gotta say that the layout is absolutely gorgeous this year.

yeah but the tiny couch

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I'm personally not that interested in LbW, but I feel like the runner & commentators have got somewhat more relaxed during this run.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Every time I have to get up during this run it turns out I miss a dungeon.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
is posting tiny couch bannable

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
another annoying aspect of 3ds speedruns is that the analog sticks don't let you make precise directional inputs. makes it really iffy to get consistent setups for precise tricks

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

I wonder if a Triforce heroes speedrun would be any good. Co-op runs are usually a blast in general.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Your Computer posted:

i get it

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Your Computer posted:

what they need is another

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!

ChibiSoma posted:

Was this the same guy who went up to Withhelde and was creeping on her super fuckin' hard or was that some other dude?

Pretty sure that was controllerhead

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
desertless desert palace skip hype

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Lessail posted:

Quite a few. But there's usually a way to prime your position for them to make them easier to hit.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
It feels like, for the Zelda games more than anything, the skip names tend to be agglomerations of all that came before it. It's adorable. :allears:

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
drat, he skipped the entire desert palace

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Sage Grimm posted:

It feels like, for the Zelda games more than anything, the skip names tend to be agglomerations of all that came before it. It's adorable. :allears:

reminds me of the "reverse right side clip" from tomb raider :allears:

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

How do the sages of lourle know link from their other world counterparts