Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
ive been playing today too and it's a fun game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

this is piss poor

and yet it's probably way more effort than Battleborn will ever get again

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
One thing that's sure, no one will play this for longer than tf2

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

The Protagonist posted:

One thing that's sure, no one will play this for longer than tf2

not a shot but im surprised tf2 has had the longevity its had

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

It would have gone on longer, but the people who didn't die of old age are now playing Overwatch.

At any rate, good loving riddance.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

phasmid posted:

It would have gone on longer, but the people who didn't die of old age are now playing Overwatch.

At any rate, good loving riddance.

but its still going, pretty strong at that

overwatch has no spy class so it can't hold a candle to tf2

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Pitdragon posted:

but its still going, pretty strong at that

overwatch has no spy class so it can't hold a candle to tf2
I am not a spy but I am still on my way to your house with the intention of murdering you.

By the way, have you played Overwatch yet? It's actually pretty good.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Actually... I think Overwatch is bad

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

phasmid posted:

I am not a spy but I am still on my way to your house with the intention of murdering you.

By the way, have you played Overwatch yet? It's actually pretty good.

jokes on you im a spy. im already in you base fool

also no i have not, i'll probably try it when it's free if people are still playing it

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Pitdragon posted:

jokes on you im a spy. im already in you base fool

also no i have not, i'll probably try it when it's free if people are still playing it
It will never be free because Blizz still wants $40 bux for the Warcraft Battle Chest. However, you will probably arrive in time for an expansion that offers a few new characters and maps and more social media.

Spies can come to my base whenever they want because it's just a giant tiger trap with spears at the bottom and I coat them with my own/animal feces every day like a Vietcong. I just sleep on a grocery cart full of my meager belongings nearby. Behind the bush.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Jokes on all of you idiots, this game is merely 'ok'

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts
This game was good, then they patched in competitive mode and now it is bad.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

yeah it's almost lasted as long as it was in development

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

overwatch is good when the teams are matched and you dont know who will end up winning

but 95% of the time its like, yea gg team gimme some more ninjas

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Every time I'm in the mood to play the game. It starts the blizzard launcher and then does a big update. I want to play now not download updates. So I'm upset, i go play grim dawn instead.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Over watch is good

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Nah

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Putty posted:

Over watch is good

I like it, it's fun to play.

Svdl
May 9, 2006

Around the world
I bought Overwatch, can confirm it to be the worst game ever made.
(this means it's bad)

I will continue to do more research on the badness by playing it for another few dozen hours.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Currently 4-2-0 in placement matches, which sadly means I can no longer play the ranked mode.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
it was good but then ranked mode came out and it became bad.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

zooted heh posted:

How did a thing that you're under no obligation to do make a previously good game become bad?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

zooted heh posted:

False, always bad

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Keg posted:

How did a thing that you're under no obligation to do make a previously good game become bad?

Good players you might be paired up with during casual play might eschew the non-ranked matches.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
bads dont deserve to play with goods, goods deserve to live in their own self-inflicted purgatory

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...

BUY IT.
quickplay used to be a mixed bag, now it's always full of people playing with a thinkpad nub because all the competent players moved to Competitive where games take an hour

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Well that's funny, cause it's a bad game

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
babys first person-shooter

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

AugmentedVision posted:

babys first person-shooter

:vince:

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Keg posted:

I like it, it's fun to play.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i was ambivalent about overwatch until i played competitive for the first time and this game it is bad

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Do not play competitive. Competitive is a self imposed leper colony for wankers.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.
actually, competitive is objectively better, but it makes the game's flaws more obvious.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
Lol people are getting extremely salty about being rated. Like the game literally assigns you a number that publicly states how bad you are and after a short while you will never rise above the number, well... unless you get better. It is the ultimate shaming and I love them for doing it, good game.

(If you hate competitive mode youre just a crybaby from above because its literally the same gameplay as quick play. Feel shame)

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!
It makes me sad that when I play dota theres about a 2% chance I'll get a group of friendly people even at 4kmmr, in Overwatch there's about a 10% chance I'll get stuck with some spastic rear end in a top hat. Overwatch lets you block and prefer players while matches are sub 25mins. Dotas nearly 1hr and you can get paired with someone you just reported in the previous game.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Germstore posted:

Do not play competitive. Competitive is a self imposed leper colony for wankers.

The best part about competitive is that all us rejects in quickplay can laugh at people who care and say 'go back to competitive you tryhard bitch'.

I just wanna fly around and heal people with a sparkly stick. Don't gently caress with my chill.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

burmart posted:

This game was good, then they patched in competitive mode and now it is bad.

normal mode still exists :confused:

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

Game is OK but it blows my mind that anyone would ever want to play it in any kind of competitive manner.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
everything gotta be esports, man. esports. lol, kill me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Hmmmmmmmm

SURPRISE

:angel: Game is bad :dings:

• Locked thread