Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Fox and NRG are fine teams being mismanaged, altho both have some slight roster tweaks that would improve them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
All echo fox really needs is a trip to the wizard so froggen can get some courage.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

rabidsquid posted:

dont talk poo poo about Dyrus like this
In fairness, Dyrus and Darshan have "CLG doing everything they can to make him dead" in common

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Jesus loving christ why does Rivington have to ruin all good matches.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Phreak's comment about even the minions out rotating EchoFox was gold.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Even NRG look depressed with how bad Echofox are

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Smol posted:

Jesus loving christ why does Rivington have to ruin all good matches.

as soon as i start paying attention to what he's saying it starts to feel like i'm having a stroke or something

good that now each region only has one non terrible caster (kobe / deficio)

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the ex lpl guys are fairly all right.

Also my favorite thing Riv said during that first game was after Darshan got first blood "And CLG is going to be able to snowball this with the rift herald."

oh ok. i mean, they weren't in position to get it and never got in position to get it, but okay.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

rabidsquid posted:

Fox and NRG are fine teams being mismanaged, altho both have some slight roster tweaks that would improve them

The only person on NRG I would bench would be ohq but who would they get? GBM I have hopes will stop slumping.

...maybe Piglet. Piglet and Kiwikid. My word...

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Hypocrisy posted:

The only person on NRG I would bench would be ohq but who would they get? GBM I have hopes will stop slumping.

I think they should use the second import slot for Rush (or Chaser in the dream world). Ohq is all right, but they need a good jungler over a good ADC.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Hypocrisy posted:

i wish i could go back a year and tell everyone in this thread we're chatting about benching ohq from a bottom tier LCS team lol

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

NRG need more side lane pressure in top and bot, and a jungler that can facilitate that. Quas has been wavering between kinda bad to totally fine, but he doesn't generate enough pressure in lane. GBM is not as good as people hoped, even when he lost his starting spot to Kuzan while still in LCK, but if you want to actually use what he's good at you NEED lane pressure elsewhere so he can scale into the part of the game that he's useful.

NRG either need to replace Quas/Santorin with more naturally aggressive players, or they need to coach them up and draft to allow them to play more aggressively so they can facilitate the natural tendencies of their ADC and mitigate the problems with their flawed mid.

Fox needs a coach to fuckin force Froggen to learn to play the three meta mids. I think KFO is actually quite good, but he wants to freeze and you literally can't let him do that and play on a team with Froggen. So they need to get rid of him. Unfortunately NA and the west in general is fairly talent poor in top laners who are able to create their own pressure. Fundamentally the problem is Froggen but he's the guy the team is built around so you either need to coach these guys up to work around his flaws or you need to replace them, because with all their lanes losing he can't scale up and fight. He and GBM are quite similar in this way.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Hypocrisy posted:

Piglet and Kiwi wouldn't be a good pairing imo. Defensive ADC and an aggressive support.

Meanwhile Huhi forced two flashes on a 4 minute roam.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Teams are too good now, you can't just hope they'll let you fart around with a mid laner that has little early impact but is well known for team fighting on a hyper scaled champ. They aren't just going to let you sit there with all your side lanes losing and not do anything.

Shadow225 posted:

Piglet and Kiwi wouldn't be a good pairing imo. Defensive ADC and an aggressive support.

Meanwhile Huhi forced two flashes on a 4 minute roam.

I joke about KiWiKiD a lot but he's actually a pretty good support to have paired with OhQ at the moment, just fundamental problems with the rest of the team combined with the guy seemingly having a hard time adjusting to the big move.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

lmao darshan you idiot

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Hooboy. That was some dive.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
hahaha

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

that was a decidedly stupid thing to do

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
That sure is a NA dive

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

NA's chasiest Trundle. :911:

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Huhi: Whats tower aggro ??

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

...Aphromoo why?

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

So as Darshan getting worse or is every team just realizing that Huni can be completely ignored and you can spend all your time murdering Darshan

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Schiavona posted:

So as Darshan getting worse or is every team just realizing that Huni can be completely ignored and you can spend all your time murdering Darshan

Judging by the 5 man dive, I'd say the latter mainly. TSM looking good, might even make a game vs international teams competitive.

e: aaand Doublelift does doublelift things

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Not taking anything away from Burger King and the skills he displays, but I'm so tired of seeing Azir melt people. He can siege dps without ever being in danger. He also has insane escape range and an engage/disengage tool., and scales with attack speed of all things?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Shadow225 posted:

Not taking anything away from Burger King and the skills he displays, but I'm so tired of seeing Azir melt people. He can siege dps without ever being in danger. He also has insane escape range and an engage/disengage tool., and scales with attack speed of all things?

Azir is a bad champ, correct.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Guys. Guysguysguysguysguys.

Stinxxay.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Now the boys from the bay are always hard / come talking that trash and they'll pull ya card / nothing in life but to be legit / dont quote me boy, cause I aint said poo poo.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
I wonder who's going to win rookie of the split

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
"santorin has been playing so well this split"

no

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Santorin is actually pretty okay but that's one of the worst rosters for him to be on

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Savage Cracker posted:

I wonder who's going to win rookie of the split

Biofrost. He's playing good and he's on TSM.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
The hatred between DoubleLift and Aphromoo is pretty radical

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I've got fabbbbbby

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Not gonna lie, as happy as I am for Doublelift being super successful and happy and professional this split, I miss the gently caress out of midcard comedy heel Doublelift

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Remember when Aphromoo was able to use his strengths, lol

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I've kind of turned around on doublelift because his streams with bjergson are so good.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Meanwhile on stream 2: (nrg walks away from a 2v5 30 minute baron)

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

ohq...dear lord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I make the same plays in arams because nothing is happening and I want the game to progress... can't blame him.

• Locked thread