Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I'm going to have to ask you to take that down, Dickpunch Simple is the name of my band

Also messing with the load order fixed my XP display problem. What exactly was the issue in the first place? Beats me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Also I went ahead and downloaded Existence 2.0 and have been replacing every track with the original Fallout 1/2 OST even though it makes me sad about how fundamentally and irrevocably the series has changed. Throwing all sorts of similar ambient composition in there if anybody wants a .zip. I prefer roaming with it even though some of the old standards are pretty good.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

jadebullet posted:

BTW, are there any good mods for going for a shotgun build? Shotgun Surgeon is sorely missed, as is the ability to add slugs. I'm also sad that noone has made an Ithaca 37 yet.

No mods required - pick up 5 points in Rifleman, pickup 4 points in Demolition Expert, find/console yourself an Explosive Shotgun (double barrel or combat, doesn't matter) and mod it to the highest damage non-auto variant that you can, proceed to kill all humans.

There's definitely a mod that adds different types of ammo: Loads of Ammo: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9057/

quote:

Shotgun Shells
Birdshot: Higher damage, wider spread, more projectiles
Beanbag: Very low damage but knocks targets back
Pyro: Fires a blast of flame.
Flechette: Adds 40% armour penetration
Solid Slug: Fires a single round
Explosive: Adds a small blast
Tazer: Staggers targets

if that's what you're looking for

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Has there been any attempts at a SPERG-esque perk overhall? I'm really exciting to see what goons do with the perk system.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

jadebullet posted:

I didn't even think of trying to see if there was a mod to unlock it early. Thanks. (I used to go through New Vegas with Robco certified, so I was really looking forward to robots.)

Also made the mistake of going "high" on the increased spawns. Gonna drop that down to medium because 200 wild mongrels was a bit more than my ammo could take.

More good news for you: Talkie Toaster has already made a robot crafting mod for FO4 (although he insists it's not Certified, and that will come later). Robot Home Defence

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I went with More Spawns which didn't give any performance issues, unlike wotc. It inspired me to do a heavy weapons run and the unique uniques party starter missile launcher is amazing for those clumps of enemies.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Seashell Salesman posted:

More good news for you: Talkie Toaster has already made a robot crafting mod for FO4 (although he insists it's not Certified, and that will come later). Robot Home Defence

I plopped two sentry bots down in one of my settlements with this and continued building, and then, inexplicably, they both spontaneously exploded and took out all my crops and turrets

not really sure what went on there, but since then I've limited myself to protectrons.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Yeah, until some of these older mods get updated to be compatible with even Automatron, let alone Fah Hahbah and Contraception Workshop, I would avoid using them. That Robot Home Defence bug is not isolated to just you.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

FlyinPingu posted:

I plopped two sentry bots down in one of my settlements with this and continued building, and then, inexplicably, they both spontaneously exploded and took out all my crops and turrets

not really sure what went on there, but since then I've limited myself to protectrons.

I used it extensively with all the DLC and didn't notice any problems. Having said that:I haven't bothered to build any of the objects from Contraptions and I only built Protectrons and Handy-s. I built a poo poo load of Protectrons, I love those guys.

e: The thing I really wanna do is build some Synth settlers, but I never do the main story missions so I haven't unlocked them on any games with the mod yet.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Noirex posted:

Sweet, thinking to start a new stealthy run with it. Agility stats and headshots all the way. Guessing Weapon Balance Overhaul by The Iron Rose conflicts with that mod though which sucks.

It will only conflict if he edits weapons or weapon attachments.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

The Iron Rose posted:

It will only conflict if he edits weapons or weapon attachments.

I'm using your weapon rebalance now and it owns. Only thing that feels off is the recoil on the 10mm in auto. Even fully upgraded for -Recoil it's just over the top.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

I used it extensively with all the DLC and didn't notice any problems. Having said that:I haven't bothered to build any of the objects from Contraptions and I only built Protectrons and Handy-s. I built a poo poo load of Protectrons, I love those guys.

e: The thing I really wanna do is build some Synth settlers, but I never do the main story missions so I haven't unlocked them on any games with the mod yet.

wait, wait what mod lets you do the synth settlers? Are they like gen ones or gen twos? A whole town of creepy half built robot or mannequin people would be awesome.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Nuebot posted:

wait, wait what mod lets you do the synth settlers? Are they like gen ones or gen twos? A whole town of creepy half built robot or mannequin people would be awesome.

The one I linked: Robot Home Defence.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

The one I linked: Robot Home Defence.

Excellent. I probably won't use the robots much since I do still like the custom robots even if it's a pain to use, but I will love the hell out of synths.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Maybe this comes from Better Settlers but I got attacked by Deathclaw at Sunshine and one of my farmers was killed and had a synth component on her.

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

'Cause I live and breathe this Fillydelphia freedom

Inzombiac posted:

Maybe this comes from Better Settlers but I got attacked by Deathclaw at Sunshine and one of my farmers was killed and had a synth component on her.

I think sometimes your settlers get teleported away and replaced with a synth version.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

mpyro posted:

I think sometimes your settlers get teleported away and replaced with a synth version.

Okay. That's cool but gosh if only there was a reason and consequence.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Okay. That's cool but gosh if only there was a reason and consequence.
It's definitely part of the base game, and in its defense it matters just as much as any other aspect of settlement building. Not getting Abernathy Farm above 30 happiness points will come back to haunt you.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

that's something in the default game. Any settler (and even brahmin!) have the chance to be a synth, a lot the time this has no real effect other than that they have a synth component on their body. If you're hostile to the institute there's also the chance that a settler could be a synth infiltrator. Those will eventually become hostile and open fire on your other settlers.

Fun fact: Sturges is a synth! :eng101:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Basic Chunnel posted:

It's definitely part of the base game, and in its defense it matters just as much as any other aspect of settlement building. Not getting Abernathy Farm above 30 happiness points will come back to haunt you.

Wait, do Synths only get to 50 happiness like a robot would?

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

If I delevel myself with console commands does that also make the enemies lower level?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

You can't delevel even with the console.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Is there a mod that just removes fusion core ejection from the Nuclear Physicist perk? I found one that does it but it also hugely increases the fusion core efficiency part of the perk, which I don't really want.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I was just listening to the WRVR station and Casey wished me a happy 4th of July. :3:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Fish Fry Andy posted:

The only way to browse Nexus.

I had no idea you could block that stuff. Thank the gods.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Probably not a good idea to block CBBE stuff, since a lot of modders make CBBE mesh versions of their outfits for compatibility, and I reckon if you block the CBBE tag you'll block those outfits too.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Is there a mod that just removes fusion core ejection from the Nuclear Physicist perk? I found one that does it but it also hugely increases the fusion core efficiency part of the perk, which I don't really want.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15905/
replaced the other mod with this.
I also made an esp to make all the power armour stations the smaller ones, and then thought about looking for one on the nexus. derp.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Segmentation Fault posted:

Probably not a good idea to block CBBE stuff, since a lot of modders make CBBE mesh versions of their outfits for compatibility, and I reckon if you block the CBBE tag you'll block those outfits too.

And cbbe has a never nude install option anyway, it's just a body replacer that has a ton of support + bodyslide studio

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

staberind posted:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15905/
replaced the other mod with this.
I also made an esp to make all the power armour stations the smaller ones, and then thought about looking for one on the nexus. derp.

Thanks!

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

So I tried War of the Commonwealth and it's a giant tirefire of overleveled mobs oneshotting me, and also it crashes a lot. What's my best option for a relatively less intense spawn increase mod, preferably with patrols?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

alarumklok posted:

So I tried War of the Commonwealth and it's a giant tirefire of overleveled mobs oneshotting me, and also it crashes a lot. What's my best option for a relatively less intense spawn increase mod, preferably with patrols?

haha, I've wondered the same thing and I've never even installed WotC, just keep reading about it causing problems for people.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
If you JUST wanna get rid of the overleveled retardation of WotC, just go into xEdit and delete the Encounter Zones record section entirely, that's what I did.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Apoplexy posted:

If you JUST wanna get rid of the overleveled retardation of WotC, just go into xEdit and delete the Encounter Zones record section entirely, that's what I did.

It also increased my crashes per hour from 0 to 2, which is not editable, unfortunately.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
Can some enterprising modder just completely re-create New Vegas with updated graphics and combat mechanics in the Fallout 4 engine, thanks

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Does anyone know of any pump action shotguns? I just did a quick look for "shotgun" but all I found were lever, break, and semi-auto shotguns. Nothing like the hunting shotgun from NV, my go to weapon.

jadebullet fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jul 4, 2016

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

jadebullet posted:

Does anyone know of any pump action shotguns? I just did a quick look for "shotgun" but all I found were lever, break, and semi-auto shotguns.

There are a couple out there, but unfortunately there is no in-game animations for pump action shotguns so they look really jarring in action. The mod kit has only been out for a few months, and realistically we won't be seeing people making custom animations a long time from now.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Mendrian posted:

Has there been any attempts at a SPERG-esque perk overhall? I'm really exciting to see what goons do with the perk system.
There's the alternate perk system that's in the OP, it's run by a goon here, and I'd say it does as well as it can with what it's given. It separates the existing perks into trees ala SPERG (though given the perk chart layout it doesn't look as elegant as Skyrim's) with some minimal stat gating left in (to unlock Local Leader, for example, you need 5 charisma and to have unlocked the "Socialite" path, the starting perk of which affects vendor prices).

It also makes some sensible changes like taking crafting station building out of Local Leader 2 and into the appropriate crafting perks (eg if you can build rank 1 gun mods you can build a weapon crafting station anywhere). The only thing I'd change is not making the initial gun damage perks gated by Luck, and also make it so that Strong Back is available to sneak builds, but that's more a matter of convenience when playing on Survival.

Btw Saint Sputnik, it looks like I'm allowed to craft Stealth Boys despite not having the Cyberpunk branch unlocked. Maybe something to check.

Backhand posted:

Can some enterprising modder just completely re-create New Vegas with updated graphics and combat mechanics in the Fallout 4 engine, thanks
Playing with the same custom radio music I used for FONV was a bad idea because it makes me miss FONV and lament what a loving terrible engine they had to use. And it bums me out so much that they got rid of skills / basically anything that doesn't involve shooting poo poo, it's really a point of no return for the series.

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now
It's beautiful!

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15971/

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

alarumklok posted:

For those looking for the same thing, I've done like 20 whole minutes of research and can confidently say with 100% certainty that there's no good exact replacement. There's another more-spawn-locations mod also with higher level mobs, and there are more-duders-in-group mods, and there are specific faction patrol mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

alarumklok posted:

That would explain why the game crashed a lot.

Would WotC also cause the game to freeze up for a few seconds every once in a while, while things loaded or is it from everything on ultra?