Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Swedgin
Aug 22, 2006

by exmarx

Missing a "- Donald J. Trump" at the end there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Swedgin posted:

Missing a "- Donald J. Trump" at the end there

he's not quoting himself he's making a quote you silly bum

unlike -H he understands the difference

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
anyone care to defend that the system is totally not rigged and is fair?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
like, its a "haha trump tweet" but its absolutely on the nose, the system is rigged.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Baloogan posted:

like, its a "haha trump tweet" but its absolutely on the nose, the system is rigged.
"...and I've spent a lot of money to keep it that way!"

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

by Pragmatica

Thunderbro posted:

You didn't post logic, you rewrote Sanger's words entirely and unironically described your post with the word "ownage". You're the leftist equivalent of Tautologicus bro.

Read better. I said "owned" not "ownage." One's a word in the dictionary and I don't feel bad about using it.

I didn't rewrite Sanger's words entirely, I put them back in context.
After she says "the census of 190 will in all probability tell a story of a greater and more serious problem than did the last*," it is immediately followed by "Over one-fourth of all the immigrants over fourteen years of age, admitted during the two decades preceding 1910, were illiterate"

You took the first part out of context and lumped in with racial demographics to make it look like she said non-whites were the "problem."

I also pointed out your "0.001%" hypocrisy in failing to acknowledge your own candidate's abundant, abhorrent racism.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
ive celebrated it and have the probations to proove it

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Grey Fox posted:

"...and I've spent a lot of money to keep it that way!"

this is the GOP collapse thread not hillary clinton indictment thread

Nameless_Steve posted:

Read better. I said "owned" not "ownage."

:mrgw:

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
The thermodynamic system is totally rigged in favor of entropy I must admit

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

It seems kind of silly to reiterate when I'm enjoying them so much as well, but the only polls that actually matter are LV ones from swing states. Polls including how much Clinton will run up the score in California or Trump will in Wyoming/Montana aren't as useful as ones specific to the states that will matter.

RCP averages as of right now:

PA: Clinton +2.3
OH: Clinton +2.5
FL: Clinton +3.7
IA: Clinton +8
VA: Clinton +4
NC: Clinton +0.7

PA, OH, and FL would all be 2 points more in favor of Clinton but that extremely dubious Gravis poll staunched some of the Trump bleeding.

He needs to win ALL of those to win btw, or maybe he can give or take IA. If he doesn't win Florida he's got no map to victory at all

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i cherry pick polls too epic high five

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
its called confirmation bias you should try self awareness sometime

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008
the DNC party completely collapsed in NC so I find it very hilarious when people think that literally anything in this state will go blue

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Baloogan posted:

RCP averages by definition can't be cherry picked?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I didn't know he was a Lessig fan

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Thunderbro posted:

the DNC party completely collapsed in NC so I find it very hilarious when people think that literally anything in this state will go blue

i wonder how much campaign staff hillary has in NC vs trump

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Thunderbro posted:

this is the GOP collapse thread not hillary clinton indictment thread

quote:

According to Labor Department disclosure forms reviewed by The Huffington Post, Trump Ruffin shelled out more than half a million dollars last year to a consulting firm that combats union organizing efforts. The money was paid from Trump Ruffin to Cruz & Associates in a series of seven payments between July and December, totaling $560,631.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-union-vegas-hotel_us_5776b0dee4b09b4c43c05424

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Karl Sharks posted:

RCP averages by definition can't be cherry picked?

He cherry-picked solid blue states rather than important swing states like Texas and Wyoming.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
With hard work and a little luck, Trump may yet clinch crucial swing states like Arizona, Georgia, and Utah

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

"reviewed by Huffington Post"

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Deteriorata posted:

He cherry-picked solid blue states rather than important swing states like Texas and Wyoming.

loving cowards, let's see the polls from CA and NY!

trump only goes for the hugest, best states with the most delegates

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
So goes Georgia so goes the nation...

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Baloogan posted:

I mocked the Gravis poll but I still included it :colbert:

Thunderbro posted:

I'm sure the campaign apparatus consisting of a broken moonshine jug and copy of The Turner Diaries that Trump has there running his campaign will be heartened by your beliefs

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
trump is going to win every state in the biggest landslide of our lives and it will seriously bring tears of disrepair to ur eyes

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Baloogan posted:

trump is going to win every state in the biggest landslide of our lives and it will seriously bring tears of disrepair to ur eyes

my mechanical eyes are in perfect working order, human

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Hey remember when Trump liked talking about the polls?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Epic High Five posted:

my mechanical eyes are in perfect working order, human

hillbot

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Thunderbro posted:

"reviewed by Huffington Post"

"Labor Department disclosure forms"

You know, like the one linked in the article: http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/TrumpLM10.pdf

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Despera posted:

It's all good, that Rasmussen poll will tide him over for another month

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Despera posted:

yesterday?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/749262206672445441

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/749237508916056064

ya i do remember that

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
what u have is willful ignorance

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Is that first one saying he has an edge with 7.5% of the expected electorate, or that the MoE is 7.5%

Also ask Thunderbro what happens when you pin your hopes on Independents lmao. I got crap from Bernouts for making GBS threads all over Independents for months now all of a sudden they got nothin to say

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Baloogan posted:

anyone care to defend that the system is totally not rigged and is fair?

Sure. Donald J. Trump is the nominee of the Republican Party.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Grey Fox posted:

"Labor Department disclosure forms"

You know, like the one linked in the article: http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/TrumpLM10.pdf

sorry I'm only seeing the part where a Trump property gave money to a consulting firm

guess I need to be a millennial-aged hillary clinton fanatic to fill in the rest of huffpo's article

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
lol just lol
i gotta rol

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Joementum posted:

Sure. Donald J. Trump is the nominee of the Republican Party.

:thurman:

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I was curious what the Breitbart comment section would have to say about Wiesel's death and dang (sort by "best"): http://www.breitbart.com/jerusalem/2016/07/02/elie-weisel-holocaust-survivor-nobel-laureate-dies-87/#disqus_thread

a lot of them have been deleted but a lot of them haven't. A. wyatt mann is posting up a storm

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

by Pragmatica

That's not a counterargument. I'm taking that as a forfeit.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Is that first one saying he has an edge with 7.5% of the expected electorate, or that the MoE is 7.5%

Also ask Thunderbro what happens when you pin your hopes on Independents lmao. I got crap from Bernouts for making GBS threads all over Independents for months now all of a sudden they got nothin to say

the US political system is utterly broken and it is essentially impossible for a third-party candidate to win a presidential election under current state laws

this is the reason neither Trump nor Sanders ran as third-party candidates

they are, essentially, both third-party candidates using the political apparatus that exists instead of wasting everybody's money and time on a stillborn-by-law campaign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Thunderbro posted:

sorry I'm only seeing the part where a Trump property gave money to a consulting firm

guess I need to be a millennial-aged hillary clinton fanatic to fill in the rest of huffpo's article
At this point it's just basic reading comprehension:

edit: unless your point is that Trump hired these guys to help his staff unionize?

• Locked thread