Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I'd look away from the Link Between Worlds run and I'd miss entire dungeons. I look away from this run and then they seem to be in the same spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
ODPixel deciding to bring the sick Dota 2 memes to SGDQ with that $322 donation.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Your Computer posted:

wait has there been a "greetings from Germany" yet this year?

New way's gonna be Norway, I feel.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

hhhat posted:

Alright guys adgq got me this fab avatar I'm expecting great things from the summer

I remember trying to image search for it last time, so now I'll just ask you directly what the source is.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Regret missing most of this run, the commentary has been pretty good.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Electric Phantasm posted:

Regret missing most of this run, the commentary has been pretty good.

I like the run, definitely putting it on my "pro watch" list.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Easy every time. :smugdog:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Demon's Souls, Any%

+Loading Screens!
+Ok runner commentary, weak couch.
+UUUUUUUUUUUUNNNGNGGGGHHHH
+Couple of interesting glitches and skips'
+Last boss is pretty hype
-Loading Screens!
-Lots of boss skips, and boss fights are imo the thing to watch a souls speedrun for.
-Lots of chokes on some difficult skips. There's one 3 minute run back after a death in the swamp... and then another one.
-Lots of long, empty corridors and flights of stairs...

Not as impressive as the DS1 run at SGDQ...14?, which is still the best souls run they've had at a GDQ event. (unfortunately that doesn't say a lot, but go look up that vod it's good)

Run rating: 4.5, 7.0 for souls fans.
If you've played a dark souls but never played demon's souls, watch this run. You'll understand dozens of references in other souls games. Otherwise, you can probably skip it.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Pretty solid start, Demon's souls is definitely a good watch if you missed it. I'm gonna head out for the night, hopefully people will list some good runs of the next 7-8 hours.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Minrad posted:

Demon's Souls, Any%

I'm glad you understand us.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
I've seen the Bastion run way too many times. Vulajin owns though.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
:potg: up next?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

minrad even tho we didn't get along in WoW back in the day I am enjoying your postmortems and will more than likely go back to review them more than once after this marathon is over :tipshat:

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Azazell0 posted:

I remember trying to image search for it last time, so now I'll just ask you directly what the source is.

It's some kind of battleship in human form from a game or something. Go narrow your search and you'll find your fap material.

Or wait because someone here knows

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
this bastion music is so good, im gonna replay it after SGDQ

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
That was a neat run that made me want to play Demon's Souls some more. Too bad I never want to use the PS3 and don't have a SSD in it anyways.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They're stealing that sofa. Why is nobody stopping them?

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Minrad posted:

If you've played a dark souls but never played demon's souls, watch this run. You'll understand dozens of references in other souls games. Otherwise, you can probably skip it.

Pretty accurate.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Ending it 33 seconds off from estimate was neat.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Looks like pike run won for Bastion

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Minrad posted:

Demon's Souls, Any%

+Loading Screens!
+Ok runner commentary, weak couch.
+UUUUUUUUUUUUNNNGNGGGGHHHH
+Couple of interesting glitches and skips'
+Last boss is pretty hype
-Loading Screens!
-Lots of boss skips, and boss fights are imo the thing to watch a souls speedrun for.
-Lots of chokes on some difficult skips. There's one 3 minute run back after a death in the swamp... and then another one.
-Lots of long, empty corridors and flights of stairs...

Not as impressive as the DS1 run at SGDQ...14?, which is still the best souls run they've had at a GDQ event. (unfortunately that doesn't say a lot, but go look up that vod it's good)

These ratings are great and I'd love to see them added to the YouTube vods when they go up.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Stream broke? Stream broke.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

RIP stream

upcoming runs worth seeing:
Bastion: Great game, and it's a fast run. 20 minutes!
Mighty Switch Force: Unsure on this one? The game was sort of a puzzle game, maybe someone can vouch for it as a speedrun.
Donkey Kong Country: Topical Freeze: Great looking game, one hell of a hard platformer, very fast run. Likely gonna be a must watch. Might be a race?
Metroid Prime: It's been at virtually every GDQ for a reason. Fantastic game, good speed run.

Minera fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jul 3, 2016

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

hhhat posted:

Paging Luna.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
picnic

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Anyone been having problems with Livestreamer? I've been trying it on and off for the past hour or two, but it doesn't seem able to grab the stream. Everything's updated, and it's worked fine in the past.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

hhhat posted:

Shimakaze :anime:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Well the event is over.

It was a good event, dare I say 100% decent runs? See ya'll next year!

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Anyone been having problems with Livestreamer? I've been trying it on and off for the past hour or two, but it doesn't seem able to grab the stream. Everything's updated, and it's worked fine in the past.

if you're trying right this second, the stream is actually down.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

mine's been working (except for now cause demon's souls took down the entire stream) and I haven't changed the config or anything since agdq16. have you used it before? and for which player?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

KKKLIP ART posted:

Stream broke? Stream broke.

The phantom, exterior like fish eggs
interior like suicide wrist-red
I could exercise you, this could be your phys-ed
cheat on your man homie AGHHH I tried to watch the stream man!
Can't watch it, can't watch it, the poo poo's broke! Outta my way son! STREAM BROKE! STREAM BROKE!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

My Livestreamer died, I waited 60 seconds and re-ran it and it's back.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
What's the point of having a cutscene bidwar when you skip the cutscene anyways?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

beep by grandpa posted:

mine's been working (except for now cause demon's souls took down the entire stream) and I haven't changed the config or anything since agdq16. have you used it before? and for which player?

Turns out it was kinda my fault. I was copying the link from the OP which has the wrong link for the stream. Working fine now though.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

tiistai posted:

Shimakaze :anime:

The internet provides

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

contents of my agdq.bat
code:
livestreamer twitch.tv/gamesdonequick source
edit: nevermind! glad you got it working, friend! :)

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

hhhat posted:

It's some kind of battleship in human form from a game or something. Go narrow your search and you'll find your fap material.

shimakaze from kantai collection

kancolle is loving trash tho. it's just made to piggyback on touhou fandom but the ""games"" sexualize the girls (touhou doesnt) and they don't have the good music or gameplay that zun does

it also appeals to japanese nationalists

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

halfcoordinated :swoon:

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
half coordinated! Woo! What's he running?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Gamma Nerd posted:

shimakaze from kantai collection

kancolle is loving trash tho. it's just made to piggyback on touhou fandom but the ""games"" sexualize the girls (touhou doesnt) and they don't have the good music or gameplay that zun does

it also appeals to japanese nationalists

This loving guy right here

• Locked thread