Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

mangler103 posted:

half coordinated! Woo! What's he running?

Momodora

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.

Moatman posted:

Momodora

No idea what that is, but it's halfcoordinated, who did my fave run at AGDQ, so I will definitely be watching.

mangler103 fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jul 3, 2016

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

mangler103 posted:

No idea what that is, but it's halfcoordinated, who did my fave run last year, so I will definitely be watching.

Momodora IV is a 2D sidescrolling action game, basically like a Dark Souls inspired metroidvania, pretty good

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

symbolic posted:

Paging Luna.

I do not know this anim but I know it is an anim

I think it's also another gimmicky slice of life that's not good but ymmv

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

what is a slice of life show? like no super powers or sick robots or anything just a high school or family drama or something?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

beep by grandpa posted:

what is a slice of life show? like no super powers or sick robots or anything just a high school or family drama or something?

Slice of Life means it's a show about highschool girls being boring.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

tiistai posted:

Momodora IV is a 2D sidescrolling action game, basically like a Dark Souls inspired metroidvania, pretty good

It's pretty fukken good but rather short. It's probably on sale, actually.

Forty minutes is definitely a "actual" run and not just zipping past everything with a glitch, so you'll get to see a very pretty Metroidvania played through.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

beep by grandpa posted:

It's like the term for sitcom based anime in that nothing happens overall plot wise(usually) but is made for like 'oh the characters are in this wacky situation! Jokes!'

The only good slice of life anim is nichijou because it has the budget of an OVA(movie length anime) for like each episode and is really over the top and ridiculous

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
This run is confusing.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Bastion, NG+ Any%

+Very short run!
+Strong commentary and explanation of run mechanics/glitches.
+A few pixel precise tricks
- very technical run, might be hard to pick up what's going on if you haven't played game before.

Run rating: 7.5/10

im out for a bit if someone else wants to pick up slack and review a few. I got a short master list going

Super Mario Sunshine, Any% 7.5/10
Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Any% 4.0/10 first half, 6.0/10 second half
Demon's Souls, Any% 4.5/10, 7.0/10 if you like souls games.
Bastion, NG+ Any%Run 7.5/10

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Luna Was Here posted:

It's like the term for sitcom based anime in that nothing happens overall plot wise(usually) but is made for like 'oh the characters are in this wacky situation! Jokes!'

The only good slice of life anim is nichijou because it has the budget of an OVA(movie length anime) for like each episode and is really over the top and ridiculous

You described a comedy, a slice of life isn't typically wacky or over the top but more like a slow-paced feel-good fun show

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

uh

I haven't played bastion in a long time, is it possible in any casual playthrough to only have one option for the ending?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Minrad posted:

Bastion, NG+ Any%

+Very short run!
+Strong commentary and explanation of run mechanics/glitches.
+A few pixel precise tricks
- very technical run, might be hard to pick up what's going on if you haven't played game before.

Run rating: 7.5/10

+ drunk rusty

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

tiistai posted:

You described a comedy, a slice of life isn't typically wacky or over the top but more like a slow-paced feel-good fun show

Eh, that seems to be the gist of the few slice of lifes I've seen but there are probably more better ones than what I've watched. I will say them being the 'sitcoms'of anime is a pretty good descriptor though

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
So far the appetizers have used up about 10 pigs worth of ribs.

And like 150 shrimp.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I liked that runner's Overwatch hoodie.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Did they just stop reading donations from people with cancer or anything geez its just game stuff

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

h e h
https://twitter.com/kee_fry/status/749714531086065664

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.

Ramadu posted:

Did they just stop reading donations from people with cancer or anything geez its just game stuff

They're not benefiting a cancer charity. But I remember a few cancer stories always slip through.

FighterKnuckles
Apr 17, 2010

The truth is in sight!

Ramadu posted:

Well, that's largely because this isn't a marathon to raise money for cancer research, that's during AGDQ. SGDQ is for Doctors Without Borders, so I doubt there's many cancer stories sent in to be told.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

See if you get my cancer dollars !!!!!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The reading out of donators' terrible attempts at humour is my least favourite part.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ramadu posted:

didn't you hear all the donations at AGDQ saying they were donating to cure cancer? They did it! It's cured, and all it took was nerds playing videogames for a week.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Someone is cribbing DS Dad's style.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
https://twitter.com/ChrisHanel/status/749721555354038273

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
Mute City! Great music!

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Your Computer posted:

didn't you hear all the donations at AGDQ saying they were donating to cure cancer? They did it! It's cured, and all it took was nerds playing videogames for a week.

:smith: I still have it I guess they skipped my stage.....

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

lol ive been posting on SA for 12 years my tolerance for disastrously unfunny & uncomfortable comments is beyond impenetrable at this point i no longer feel anything

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Why are they running this Newgrounds game at AGDQ

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

What is this dumb game

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Internet Kraken posted:

it looks better with pixels!

man this run is lame

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

Needs to be updated for this decade's sensibilities. Looks more like KickstarterGame.exe to me

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

SATISFYING DIFFICULTY! I bet appears in this game's store page

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Internet Kraken posted:

It looks like the kind of game people only play because they know no one will play it and they can get the speedrun record for.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
This is a fun run.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It looks like it should have touch controls

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
If you've been living under a mountain for years and haven't played Bastion, you should remedy that. Then play Transistor. Then preorder Pyre.

I might be a Supergiant fanboy.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
why are all the characters in their underwear

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Your Computer posted:

why are all the characters in their underwear

It's the July heat. :forkbomb:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
The devs are pervs. This is a serious statement.

• Locked thread