Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
I just added more friends slots, and properly set my maxed Vaan as my friend lead, feel free to add me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clockwork Beast!
Jan 18, 2007

Clockwork beast! Clockwork beast! We're doomed!

puschel posted:

I've been amassing my lapis so far, do I do an 11 pull for 5k or do I wait for special events for pulling? How does that work here?

Unless you somehow managed to pull a completely garbage team, I'd wait for an event. With 3* Kain, 4* Kuja, and Rain/Laswell/Fina I easily blew through all of the content on the backs of friends. If you get a couple of max level Exdeaths on your list there really isn't any reason to try to gamble on sub-1% top tier rolls with lapis you've saved (I'm assuming that you're past the point of rerolling).

At this point I'm just going to grind up who I have and save my tickets for a better shot at S-tier units, Lightning, etc.

Clockwork Beast! fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jul 3, 2016

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
You get a lot of lapis throughout the story so I'd save up to 5k for the 11 pull when there's a rate up or something special, but then use everything above 5k for utility as needed.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I'm really tempted to spend my Lapis getting those 30 chest keys, those locked chests are taunting me.

I googled around a bit but I couldn't find anything so I'll ask here. Is there a quick and easy list of quests available somewhere? Kongbakpao has all the quests listed, but only by going to each individual town page. I was hoping to find one that's got them all on one single list (and also has the actual English names).

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Twelve by Pies posted:

I'm really tempted to spend my Lapis getting those 30 chest keys, those locked chests are taunting me.

I googled around a bit but I couldn't find anything so I'll ask here. Is there a quick and easy list of quests available somewhere? Kongbakpao has all the quests listed, but only by going to each individual town page. I was hoping to find one that's got them all on one single list (and also has the actual English names).

Exviuswiki has you covered. Kongbakpao is trash, as they always are.

:same: about the chest keys, though... even if I know the stuff is mostly low-tier recipes, my completionism :qq: Also?

Twelve by Pies posted:

I wonder why Ramza is always portrayed in his chapter 1 clothes. Why not the chapter 2/3 outfit? magnificent buttpants?

ftfy

l0lwhat
Mar 30, 2005

Who touched my nuts?

Garfu posted:

You get a lot of lapis throughout the story so I'd save up to 5k for the 11 pull when there's a rate up or something special, but then use everything above 5k for utility as needed.

What's rate up?

Clockwork Beast!
Jan 18, 2007

puschel posted:

What's rate up?

Temporary events that increase the roll rate of certain units.

WarpZealot
Nov 25, 2005
Yes, I've played Starcraft.

Clockwork Beast! posted:

Temporary events that increase the roll rate of certain units.

Does anyone know the actual % for the normal and increased rates?

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009
For the silver chests I feel like the only useful ones are the silence blade from the first island and the muscle belt recipe and bar-ra recipes on the second island. All of these are situational though and I have yet to open any silver chests. You can probably grind up materials for the keys if you wanted too though. The fine alcryst seems to be about a 20-25% chance when crafting an ability and the screamroots can be found from rare mobs in explorations and I have gotten two from trust rewards somewhere on the second island. I forget exactly what maps they came from but I think there was a thread on reddit about it. I wouldn't rely on finding the rare mob, minitaur, since I have only seen one and that dropped a star quartz.

KingReploid
Jan 18, 2013

"X" possesses great risks as well as great possibilities.
Should I focus on leveling one character high for awakening or should I level up everyone equally? I'm getting really antsy I want to awaken my 3* Exdeath so he's not hot garbage.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Finished the story. Is there a good summary of what else there is to do now? I haven't tried the Coliseum at all yet, so that's one thing.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Okay, finally done rerolling. I said "I want to get Exdeath and Cecil or Bartz and I'll call it good," so here's my final final final setup here, six summon tickets left:

4* Vaan, Maria, Shadow
3* Cecil, Exdeath, Bartz, Dumb Mystic Knight Guy

Level up Exdeath first, right? Do leader skills exist like they did in Brave Frontier? If so, where, and does it particularly matter to ya'll who I put up as my leader?

ID: 923,642,166

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Xalidur posted:

Finished the story. Is there a good summary of what else there is to do now? I haven't tried the Coliseum at all yet, so that's one thing.

Make 5 or so Hero Rings.

Clockwork Beast!
Jan 18, 2007

KingReploid posted:

Should I focus on leveling one character high for awakening or should I level up everyone equally? I'm getting really antsy I want to awaken my 3* Exdeath so he's not hot garbage.

As a rule an even team is best I think, but exdeath is a bit of an outlier because he can 1HKO 3/4th of the game and trivialize the rest at 5* so maxing him ASAP would be nice. To level him quickly though you'll either need a team to breeze through explorations/ADV xp dungeon or a solid friend list full of carries. Depends on who you're friends with I guess?

Xalidur posted:

Get Ifrit and Shiva if you haven't, finish all the quests you can, hunt down earth keys, go for trophies so you can craft Hero's Rings, grind the coliseum and start stocking up awakening mats.

e: Spam 1 energy maps to build trust for those 100% trust rewards but drat that sounds painful.

Clockwork Beast! fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jul 3, 2016

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Mischalaniouse posted:

Wow, had a rare summon ticket, attempted to use it, the app crashed, it was gone.

Check your units because you should have whatever that pull was going to give you since games give out rewards as soon as the transaction occurs (tapping the screen is 100% for show).

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

Gerdalti posted:

I just added more friends slots, and properly set my maxed Vaan as my friend lead, feel free to add me.

Thank you for this! I sent you a request.

Any other over-leveled goons opening up friend slots soon? I really want to get a few to steamroll the experience vortex with my CoD so she can get off of 3*.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
The bonus FP gain and extra FP summons should start tomorrow. If you've been stocking your FP like most of us have (I have 44000 points) you should spam it all tomorrow to get some free Cactaurs. They give a ton of EXP. The Gil turtles are pretty lovely but whatever.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

Eddain posted:

The bonus FP gain and extra FP summons should start tomorrow. If you've been stocking your FP like most of us have (I have 44000 points) you should spam it all tomorrow to get some free Cactaurs. They give a ton of EXP. The Gil turtles are pretty lovely but whatever.

Holy hell. Guess I better add...well, everybody, since I just maxed my Friends list.

Clockwork Beast!
Jan 18, 2007

Out of 3* Rain, Laswell, Fina, and Kain and 4* Kuja, who's a good one to awaken next? Of the starters I think Laswell is the one I want to get going first, and I anticipate replacing Kain and Kuja soonish, I hope. Although, Kain's a good attacker with a 5* coming and a good TM reward, and Kuja with Graviga will make clearing most fights easy, so I can make a case for them as well.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

I'd do Kuja for Graviga since that will be useful for a long time in the arena.

I fixed my Nox script by just opening it in notepad and deleting the last digit off the longest string, which was a ms timer. Now it runs at ~10x the speed as before by default.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I can't see graviga working in the arena. Is be really surprised if it did.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

colosseum.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I'm not sure if my level 38 5* CoD can solo the chamber of experience just yet. If not, she should be there in the next few days. My code is 225037753

Mayor Defacto
Apr 21, 2010

I need more friend points so I just expanded my friend list max. lv.20 4*ExDeath. Code: 805192695

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Zotix posted:

I can't see graviga working in the arena. Is be really surprised if it did.

It definitely works in the coliseum against a lot of non-boss enemies.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Is it just me, or are sacred crystals suddenly not dropping from chamber of awakening - int anymore?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Aw man, why 10 Hungers? Why not 5? This is gonna take a while...

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
I just added everyone on the spreadsheet and marked the people who are full.

If you encounter anyone who has a full list, mark them as full. Unmark yourself if you add more slots.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

It definitely works in the coliseum against a lot of non-boss enemies.

I figured they were referring to the pvp arena that is incoming.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Twelve by Pies posted:

Aw man, why 10 Hungers? Why not 5? This is gonna take a while...

I know they allegedly spawn in the exploration and boss story fight but I've seen 0 so far after days of all my energy going to the boss fight.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I did a test run with my CoD where my ally just blocked. I started running out of health on the third round. The big problem is she can't one shot anything. So with a decent character you should be able to solo with her.

Hopefully by the end of the day I'll have the werebuster and tomorrow a bunch of exp for my CoD.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

S5 INT boss down finally :toot:

Exdeath had the ICe Rod on so once he was totally out of MP he couldn't do anything since his melee attack was ice and thus resisted(which also means no LB crystals apparently). Fina entrusted him a few times so I ended up using his LB 4 times, 3 of them paralyzed the boss. Even with all that help it was down to the wire with Xiao using her LB, for the 3rd time in the fight, to finish the boss.

Hitting its weakness with Firaga and 200+ magic was still barely 5k damage. Kinda annoying really. I can see why Japan made it so Dragonload gets a 700% ST magic attack (for 99 mp :suicide:) since magic damage is kinda lacking.

WebDO posted:

I know they allegedly spawn in the exploration and boss story fight but I've seen 0 so far after days of all my energy going to the boss fight.

I can confirm they only(?) spawn on the boss's stage, since I got all 10 in about 24 hours that way while I had 0/10 running the non-boss stages over several days.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
How do I go about getting the "credentials" to use those two shops in grenshelt city? One looks like a bank and the other is weapons.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Millennial Sexlord posted:

How do I go about getting the "credentials" to use those two shops in grenshelt city? One looks like a bank and the other is weapons.

The bank-looking one is the Vault, where you turn in the Earth Keys you may or may not have already collected. You need to do the quest in the bottom left hand side of the Grandshelt City map for it. The other one is the Gun Shop, where you can show them guns you've found and they'll give you recipes to make them.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Got a five star Cecil for anyone who wants free Curas and +50% def Limit Breaks.

If you only have one guy in your party, they get five times the experience, right?

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jul 4, 2016

WarpZealot
Nov 25, 2005
Yes, I've played Starcraft.
I need help deciding which account I should use.

Rank 22 with Cecil, 3k lapis, and 10 summoning tickets
or
New account with Exdeath, CoD, Bartz, 0 summoning tickets and 500 lapis

Is there a good chance to get a good pull during the rate up events?

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010

WarpZealot posted:

I need help deciding which account I should use.

Rank 22 with Cecil, 3k lapis, and 10 summoning tickets
or
New account with Exdeath, CoD, Bartz, 0 summoning tickets and 500 lapis

Is there a good chance to get a good pull during the rate up events?

Go with the new account. 3 great units that you have is better then 1 great unit and a chance at good units. Plus being a new account you'll get heaps of lapis for future rolls.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Jehuti posted:

Go with the new account. 3 great units that you have is better then 1 great unit and a chance at good units. Plus being a new account you'll get heaps of lapis for future rolls.

Spend all your tickets first, see if you get anything.

Something's definitely fucky with the awakening chamber, at least on my end. None of the usual monsters showing at their usual difficulty. Feels like I'm getting beginner reward levels while playing int stamina costs...

Shark Tower fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jul 4, 2016

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Zurai posted:

The bank-looking one is the Vault, where you turn in the Earth Keys you may or may not have already collected. You need to do the quest in the bottom left hand side of the Grandshelt City map for it. The other one is the Gun Shop, where you can show them guns you've found and they'll give you recipes to make them.

So you march into a random shed in the corner of town, scream "CHECK OUT THESE GUNS" and if they're impressed, you get recipes? :v:

Do you need to do the quest that gets you an Altair first? I haven't been grinding out some of these quests, so my first gun was actually the Capella from the Vault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

KataraniSword posted:

Do you need to do the quest that gets you an Altair first? I haven't been grinding out some of these quests, so my first gun was actually the Capella from the Vault.

You might, I'm not sure. There's no recipe for Capella anyway.

• Locked thread