Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

pix the cat and sf4 AE 2012 are my most played PS+ games

pix the cat is by far the best one. fantastic game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Pix the Cat is on PC... You probably own it as part of an indie bundle or something

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Rirse posted:

Yeah it on the PC, but not on GoG or Steam yet.

Heads up, the PS2 and Xbox versions of Operation Genesis are stupidly rare and expensive. Also the last time I saw a pc copy in the wild was new when it came out.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuYUoLM8BNA

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Is Tetris Ultimate still the unbelievably unplayable piece of poo poo it was at launch? I just want basic, scrub-level "play until I lose in about 5 minutes" Tetris.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

enojy posted:

Is Tetris Ultimate still the unbelievably unplayable piece of poo poo it was at launch? I just want basic, scrub-level "play until I lose in about 5 minutes" Tetris.

give me puyo puyo tetris or go to hell

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

enojy posted:

they fixed the friends list bug a half a year or so later if that's what you're asking

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/978380-All-Platforms-Tetris-Ultimate-Current-Known-Issues-Forums

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jul 3, 2016

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
I always used to laugh "haha who has that many PSN friends on their list", but join 2 or 3 goon communities and you're almost at 200 now

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

enojy posted:

Be sure to check out the modes that have been cut out to be sold as overpriced DLC before committing. I love Tetris, but not buying this version is a matter of principle to me.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i personally settled for purchasing the copy of tetris ds my local retro game store owned :shrug:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I bought Tetris Ultimate for my Vita, and I can't decide if it I like it as much or less than my EA Tetris Minis PSP game.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Tetris Ultimate is serviceable Tetris but it is BS those modes are DLC.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It will always astound me that Ubisoft managed to create a version of Tetris in 2015 that had framerate issues

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

The Sega Saturn Jurassic Park game was pretty great

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
How is the new Mirror's Edge game? Same game as before, better, worse? I've been thinking about getting it because I liked the first one, but I did get it cheap, second hand, years later. I don't want to throw £60 at a game like this if it's lackluster and only really worth £30. At what point is it worth getting?

Same basic question again, but for Doom.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TheDarkFlame posted:

How is the new Mirror's Edge game? Same game as before, better, worse? I've been thinking about getting it because I liked the first one, but I did get it cheap, second hand, years later. I don't want to throw £60 at a game like this if it's lackluster and only really worth £30. At what point is it worth getting?

Same basic question again, but for Doom.

The new direction seams to have missed what people really liked about the first in a couple ways but everyone says its a solid 7 or 8 to play if you dont mind open world filler jammed in where it doesnt belong. Im waiting for a discount myself

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the drop got posted for next week.

Hawken
Banner Saga 2
Carmaggedon Max Damage
Energy Hook
Furi (PS+ Freebie)
Lost Sea
Lumo
Metal Slug Anthology
Rocket League Collectors Edition
Romance of the 3 kingdoms 13

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh poo poo is Energy Hook finally out of Early Access

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

In Training posted:

Oh poo poo is Energy Hook finally out of Early Access

It's out on tuesday!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The passion of this guy to make a game about swinging is insanely inspiring and I'm glad his project is complete

http://www.happionlabs.com/energy-hook/

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oh poo poo its the guy that made spiderman 2 fun?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

oh poo poo its the guy that made spiderman 2 fun?

It's probably the best mechanic of that generation and honestly I can't remember anything about spiderman 2 except the web physics and I nearly 100% that game lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I also like how specific that Kickstarter pitch was and the fact that it was successful. I hope some programmer crawls out of the woodworks and has a Kickstarter like "Im the guy who developed the drifting physics in Burnout 3 and I am going to make that again."

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

It's probably the best mechanic of that generation and honestly I can't remember anything about spiderman 2 except the web physics and I nearly 100% that game lol

100%ing Spider-Man 2 seemed insane.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Iirc there were a looooot of missions where you had to hang around waiting for civilians and I would just swing around over and over again

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Iirc there were a looooot of missions where you had to hang around waiting for civilians and I would just swing around over and over again

you could deliver pizza and stop muggings but i don't remember doing much else other than enjoying some slingin and swingin

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Looking at the How Long to Beat statistics, I must have just done Main + Extra, because I definitely don't remember playing spider-man 2 for 60+ hours. Sorry all.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
theres a bunch of different sets of secret poo poo to collect that you find like 2 of 10000 while playing normal

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

elf help book posted:

theres a bunch of different sets of secret poo poo to collect that you find like 2 of 10000 while playing normal

there are help markers, secret tokens, skyscraper tokens, hideout tokens, buoy tokens... and help markers are the only ones marked on the map.

I just explained all this to my brother-in-law the other day, and why I never even tried to 100% it. my favourite was grabbing a mook and swinging up to the top of the Empire State Building so I could piledrive him down to the streets below.

:black101:

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
Collecting all the Bruce Campbell tutorials was the best Sidequest, if you collected them all he said something different :v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Maybe Hawken getting its console release means the new devs are finally going to start updating the PC version again.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

Hawken
Banner Saga 2
Carmaggedon Max Damage
Energy Hook
Furi (PS+ Freebie)
Lost Sea
Lumo
Metal Slug Anthology

I was gonna buy Furi anyway game looks awesome

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Real hurthling! posted:

Hawken
Banner Saga 2
Carmaggedon Max Damage
Energy Hook
Furi (PS+ Freebie)
Lost Sea
Lumo
Metal Slug Anthology

Was Metal Slug Anthology a good port?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

punk rebel ecks posted:

Was Metal Slug Anthology a good port?

Dunno its a ps2 on ps4 title so probably. Most of the bad ones are for ps1/psp/vita

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I'm curious about how Hawken turned out. I joined the beta a few years back but the lack of offline bot play and unstable servers at the time made me forget about it, which I had assumed the rest of the world had done as well.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vakal posted:

I'm curious about how Hawken turned out. I joined the beta a few years back but the lack of offline bot play and unstable servers at the time made me forget about it, which I had assumed the rest of the world had done as well.

I'm dying to play it. I haven't played a mech game since mechwarrior 3 so this is super exciting for me.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Vakal posted:

On PC at least, it's a fun TDM/KotH/Dom game with gorgeous aesthetics and a really nice sense of weight to the movement that makes it feel like you're piloting a clunky mech. The F2P bits are really grindy, though.

The original devs abandoned it. it got picked up by new devs, who've been promising new updates on PC for months now but haven't been doing work on anything except the console ports, and seem intent on avoiding communication with what little is left of the PC community. They're claiming that all the work they've put in for the console versions is going to get pushed to PC so that all three versions have parity, but we'll see.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jul 4, 2016

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Oh man I want Hawken to be good. Even passably good. I just want to play some shootmechs.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Fix posted:

Oh man I want Hawken to be good. Even passably good. I just want to play some shootmechs.

Hi, I'm from 2012 and have a PC. Hawken wasn't great, but then they made it worse. Then it died.

Now it's back but on consoles and four years later? I think the world moved on. But hey, it's free, you can try it and see for yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Give me a new Armored Core game god loving drat it

• Locked thread