Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
Jesus christ that rubberbanding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

DoctorStrangelove posted:

AGDQ2K17 should have new-DOOM and DAIKATANA.

I don't like new doom because it triggers me with out of bounds and invisible platforms and poo poo and I hate the idea of having to memorize the locations of all of those.
I like speed running that's pure move tech and just straight skill at the base game
Does daikatana have any OOB stuff?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I like that he just finished the track on literal impossible times and the ai still win

Great game

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Luna Was Here posted:

I like that he just finished the track on literal impossible times and the ai still win

Great game

Game looks fun but broken

Much like ur face

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Uhhhh am I just missing it on the schedule or where the gently caress is paper mario????

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

claymates at 5:40 am? this is my loving jam

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Fuckkk I wanna watch THUG

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Luna Was Here posted:

I don't like new doom because it triggers me with out of bounds and invisible platforms and poo poo and I hate the idea of having to memorize the locations of all of those.
I like speed running that's pure move tech and just straight skill at the base game

I would be STUNNED if daikatana doesn't have any OOB stuff

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
the comparison between this and double dash is night and day, the game's ten times more interesting and the commentators are actually talking like they're enjoying what they're doing

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Luna Was Here posted:

DAIKATANA speedrun has lot's of sequence breaks, glitches and loads and loads of precision rocket jumps. Some OOB but not so much that you're not seeing any of the game. I actually tried my hand at it and it was actually a fun run to run. I'm sure it'd be fun to watch too since it's a fast paced FPS game.

It hasn't been runnable at marathons up until a few months ago when the fan-patch figured out how to remove the sidekicks so you actually can now. World record is held by the same guy who has the WR in new DOOM.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
These commentators were probably the best in the entire show thus far from an entertainment perspective

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
I need to find some obscure game that no one in their right mind would speedrun and become world champ.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

GeneX posted:

These commentators were probably the best in the entire show thus far from an entertainment perspective

the catherine guy was fantastic as well

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

ZShakespeare posted:

I need to find some obscure game that no one in their right mind would speedrun and become world champ.

Have you considered GB Color Daikatana

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Moatman posted:

funky not a junkie
Aug 5, 2011

ZShakespeare posted:

digimon world 2

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

I can do Doom E1 in like 10 mins on my iPhone!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

when are they going to speed run captain toad

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

aawwwwwww yeah Crystal Lake, it's 1998 all over again :allears:

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

ZShakespeare posted:

Race me in Rocky Rodent.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

ZShakespeare posted:

ah, world record holder of The Misadventures of Tron Bonne

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

https://www.twitch.tv/smartball/v/67941448

e: 22 hours holy crap who does that?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I was gonna say Frog Fractions, but didn't they actually run that a year or two ago?

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
the new host was on for literally 2 seconds. amazing speedrun, finished the stream faster than i've ever seen it done

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

sweetroy posted:

I was too busy paying attention to him playing two player mode faster than most people could play 1 player mode to pay attention to his commentary, honestly.

E: oh wait, it didn't crash just for me?

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

DoctorStrangelove posted:

It hasn't been runnable at marathons up until a few months ago when the fan-patch figured out how to remove the sidekicks so you actually can now. World record is held by the same guy who has the WR in new DOOM.

But I CAN'T WR without my buddy Super Fly.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Moatman posted:

GBC DAIKATANA is actually not a bad game. Its basically a less-good version of Link's Awakening

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

sweetroy posted:

everybody keeps saying this about catherine and DK but what about that Bastion

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Im sorry child you picked the wrong consoles :colbert:

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

But I CAN'T WR without my buddy Super Fly.

Bitch you can't WR with Superfly.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

ummm, is there a backup site? Because the GDQ website isn't working

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Aces High posted:

That's because the stream's offline

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

it's down. everything is down.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Aces High posted:

The twitch stream is down. I don't believe there is a backup.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
the stream ran out of batteries

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Stream crashed by incoming Awful Block viewers

PassingPie
Aug 18, 2013

smell this posted:

everybody keeps saying this about catherine and DK but what about that Bastion

If you're really familiar with Bastion then it's probably super interesting, but for me the run abruptly ended just as it was getting started. It seemed like there were a ton of gigantic time-saving skips but the impact was lost on me since I had no idea what was going on.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

PassingPie posted:

If you're really familiar with Bastion then it's probably super interesting, but for me the run abruptly ended just as it was getting started. It seemed like there were a ton of gigantic time-saving skips but the impact was lost on me since I had no idea what was going on.

got it. thanks. uneventful.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
The French restream has noticed the influx of English-speaking viewers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Stream is back up.

• Locked thread