Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

It's been a year since her banning and it still makes me smile.

FatCow posted:

Every few months I read this terrible thread about this terrible game and laugh. Who was the tryhard cheater?

Quote from sebmojo in the previous thread:

quote:

modpud was a constantly and deliberately abrasive dick who always implicitly balanced that out by being searingly good at robots. So now she's, hmm

The thread isn't archived yet, you can read all about it starting here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Freakazoid_ posted:

heh "dick"

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Freakazoid_ posted:

It's been a year since her banning and it still makes me smile.

That was a hell of a goony slap fight leading to that screenshot. What the poo poo, why do people obsess so much about robot game?

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
We're goons. :downs: I thought you wouldn't need to ask.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

KaoliniteMilkshake posted:

That was a hell of a goony slap fight leading to that screenshot. What the poo poo, why do people obsess so much about robot game?

ACG and his ilk are shitlers and it is genuinely fun to gently caress with them. They deserved all the "persecution" they got.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

johntherussian posted:

Higby's Heroes is the official goon unit of MWO, unlike the ones that most of the whiny children in this thread belong to. We were at least able to get a team together for the tournament. No disrespect to the few goons who actually played on a non-mouthbreather level before this thread existed. You know who you are.

Edit: Why don't you all complain some more about those hacks that comp teams use, while we sit here and laugh at your PSR4-5 ineptitude.

Who the gently caress are Higby's Heroes? They must be a post-exodus MWO group, right? Man, I feel old when new groups are claiming the title of "official goon group." :argh:

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Someone musta done something reaaaally dumb if the MWO thread attracted my attention again.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Drewjitsu posted:

Who the gently caress are Higby's Heroes? They must be a post-exodus MWO group, right? Man, I feel old when new groups are claiming the title of "official goon group." :argh:

They're one of the like seven dramawhore Planetside 2 goon groups. The only decent one of those was GOKU.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Drewjitsu posted:

Skoll posted:

They're one of the like seven dramawhore Planetside 2 goon groups. The only decent one of those was GOKU.

If memory serves, just about all of them quit once the game launched too.

In case it got missed on the tail end of last page, any invites available? IGN: Inimicul (because I'm not creative)

Inimicul fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jul 4, 2016

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

Freakazoid_ posted:

Reading that was pretty funny, but it links to when modpud was banned for apparently a chargeback against pgi. I totally want to read goons' reactions to finding out modpud was a cheater.

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

When Steve Jobs died it wasn't the first job I'd lost that week.

veedubfreak posted:

Where does pugs reside as far as speaky stuff.

ts3.pugunited.org

if ya'll ever show up we'll make a "GOONS" channel but usually the four units that use the ts will just group up together and get poo poo going 12v12, 8v8 (we're in the world championship and do mrbc), 4v4, and INVASION.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

liquidfire posted:

ts3.pugunited.org

if ya'll ever show up we'll make a "GOONS" channel but usually the four units that use the ts will just group up together and get poo poo going 12v12, 8v8 (we're in the world championship and do mrbc), 4v4, and INVASION.

aka you'll ain't goons

When goons try hard they go malignant. It is good they are excised from the whole. They tend to identify by K/D instead of being fun people playing a bad game.

Grognan fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Jul 4, 2016

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

vorebane posted:

Reading that was pretty funny, but it links to when modpud was banned for apparently a chargeback against pgi. I totally want to read goons' reactions to finding out modpud was a cheater.

The chargeback ban was her original excuse but never actually happened.

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

When Steve Jobs died it wasn't the first job I'd lost that week.

Grognan posted:

aka you'll ain't goons

When goons try hard they go malignant. It is good they are excised from the whole. They tend to identify by K/D instead of being fun people playing a bad game.

i'm the only goon in PUGS but the ts is populated by PUGS, -42-, WSKY, and EVIL and if mumble is empty come on over and play this terrible game. i swear to christ after i finish mastering out 3 * mad dog and 3 * nova i'm switching to warcraft 3 and natural selection 2.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

vorebane posted:

a mere 4 pages in, friend.

and yeah the chargeback was an excuse.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
I didnt believe it, but you were right.
Griffins are awesome.
Well the 1S wasnt, but he served as temporary 3rd chassis intern anyways, but the 3M with 4xasrm4.
I honestly didnt think it would be that good, with just 38 damage (2 small lasers) but holy gently caress that poinpoint on 2.7 seconds cooldown without modules!
Ive gone hogge wilde and upgraded the poo poo out of it including 6 mils for the modules and the 2N will have a hard time beating this thing.

Only complaint is speed, it feels sluggish even with the xl340 ive got laying around. But then again im a bit used to the cicada and clan meds, but i think its still pretty solid for an IS medium.

Yolomon Wayne fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Jul 4, 2016

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Grognan posted:

aka you'll ain't goons

Eh, KDR Squad were tryhards but also chill when not tryharding with a couple of exceptions. There used to be a higher ratio of bad idiots that were unfun to play with in the goon population at large than there were specifically in KDR.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

liquidfire posted:

i'm the only goon in PUGS but the ts is populated by PUGS, -42-, WSKY, and EVIL and if mumble is empty come on over and play this terrible game. i swear to christ after i finish mastering out 3 * mad dog and 3 * nova i'm switching to warcraft 3 and natural selection 2.

It might be fun to play with EVIL just because of how awful they are at trying to insult people in English.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Is it true that ghost heat's going away? As an aside, I'm glad that ghost heat stuck around as the moniker.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Chronojam posted:

Is it true that ghost heat's going away? As an aside, I'm glad that ghost heat stuck around as the moniker.

Ghost heat is being replaced with ghost energy.

How does it work? Don't worry, I'm sure :pgi: will make it work fantastically Citizen. It's doubleplus good.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Gonna hop on at 7:18 in the morning to play because hell yeah got done with some work gently caress it

Any clan members care to join me on scouting missions in mumble?

Edit: Playing scouting missions with a laser heavy mech/team is the loving worst.

Artificer fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jul 4, 2016

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Fil5000 posted:

Eh, KDR Squad were tryhards but also chill when not tryharding with a couple of exceptions. There used to be a higher ratio of bad idiots that were unfun to play with in the goon population at large than there were specifically in KDR.

This. There will always be those that one nerd gets along with while another nerd gets annoyed with. Modpud was one of those that got along with signifigantly fewer due to generally being a dick to those not seen as e-equals.

I dropped with modpud both with KDR in MWO and in War Thunder a few times because I wanted to learn skills to better harvest tears. Quoting modpud with a ":smugdog: get better" or ":smugdog: it's point-and-click scrub" is 100% accurate.

Playing with literally anyone else taught me more about the game than dropping with modpud.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

armchairyoda posted:

I dropped with modpud both with KDR in MWO and in War Thunder a few times because I wanted to learn skills to better harvest tears. Quoting modpud with a ":smugdog: get better" or ":smugdog: it's point-and-click scrub" is 100% accurate.

Playing with literally anyone else taught me more about the game than dropping with modpud.

Woah hang on, War Thunder arcade mode is pretty much a point and click adventure game.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Ahdinko posted:

Woah hang on, War Thunder arcade mode is pretty much a point and click adventure game.

It was when I tried to get into RB's. I'm just too impatient for them.

e: Also, EVERY game was described as "point-and-click" by mp.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

gently caress I keep blowing myself up via overheating on Caustic Valley.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

How do I get rid of this loving friend request

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

All I need are 2 more wins, and 11 more Kill Most Damages. Anyone got tips? This is miserable. I've only got the trial Stormcrow.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

NihilCredo posted:

Decline it

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

NihilCredo posted:

Uninstall.

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib

Drewjitsu posted:

Higby's Heroes is a hardcore gay Christian roleplaying outfit from Planetside 2. We are now the premier goon MWO comp team, and are in the process of claiming the #1 title in the MWO2016 tournament. All while professing our undying love to the very beautiful MWO CM Tina Benoit.

Edit: The disorganized skill-less rabble in this thread can hardly be considered an actual group. Higby's Heroes takes great pride in their MLG style gameplay.

johntherussian fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jul 4, 2016

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

johntherussian posted:

Higby's Heroes is a hardcore gay Christian roleplaying outfit from Planetside 2. We are now the premier goon MWO comp team, and are in the process of claiming the #1 title in the MWO2016 tournament. All while professing our undying love to the very beautiful MWO CM Tina Benoit.

:boom:

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
It was reported that she even blushed when our glorious leader claimed yet another victory in Her name.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

You guys are ranked like 34 :lol:

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

Skoll posted:

CUCK CUCK CUCK CUCK CUCK! CUCK CUCK? CUCK CUCK CUCK CUCK CUCK CUCK CUCK!

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
:allears: Tell me more about how mad you are, grog.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I'm so angry I could eat a horse!

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
wait, that's wrong. Give me a minute

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

johntherussian posted:

Edit: The disorganized skill-less rabble in this thread can hardly be considered an actual group. Higby's Heroes takes great pride in their MLG style gameplay.

*FART*

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

johntherussian posted:

While I appriciate the semi-ironic half-sarcastic tone...

gg close

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
git gud

• Locked thread