Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

KataraniSword posted:

So you march into a random shed in the corner of town, scream "CHECK OUT THESE GUNS" and if they're impressed, you get recipes? :v:

Do you need to do the quest that gets you an Altair first? I haven't been grinding out some of these quests, so my first gun was actually the Capella from the Vault.

There are two quests you need to undertake to gain access to the gun shop in Grandshelt, and both are in Grandshelt. And yes, the second one is the one that gets you an Altair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clockwork Beast!
Jan 18, 2007

Clockwork beast! Clockwork beast! We're doomed!
Added the two from the last page. Please send wind crysts, I'm tired of running baby explores for them :(

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
So I've got a 4* Penelo and 2 3* Penelos, should I fuse the lower star ones to the higher?

Clockwork Beast!
Jan 18, 2007

Clockwork beast! Clockwork beast! We're doomed!

Mischalaniouse posted:

So I've got a 4* Penelo and 2 3* Penelos, should I fuse the lower star ones to the higher?

If you want his trust reward yeah, otherwise run them through the xp dungeon a few times to max them out and sell for 32,000 Gil each.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Hey if you are wanting adds make sure to your signature to mention you are a goon. I'm not sure if pubbies are trying to get adds or if goons are.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Is it better to buy white items from the vendor, or to craft them, when progressing through the story? Or skip them all together and do something else?

Shwqa posted:

Hey if you are wanting adds make sure to your signature to mention you are a goon. I'm not sure if pubbies are trying to get adds or if goons are.

really whats the difference

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
You probably want to craft at least 10 of each category to quickly unlock those respective trophies and make your life easier on getting the Hero's Ring blueprint, but there's no real rush.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Kind of frustrating when someone with a really good unit sends you a friend request and when you try to accept it says they've maxed out their friends list.

Halfway done with the Hunger quest, forgot to mention an odd thing happened regarding that. When I first did that dungeon, after beating the Chocobo Eater I got the pop up for completing 3 story dungeons for the daily quest, so I went to the screen to collect my reward, and after I got it it just went back to the map screen and opened the next area. i thought it was weird there wasn't a scene where Rain/Laswell met up with Fina. Well, after running through the dungeon again for the Hunger quest, it actually played that scene, despite me having beaten the next two story areas.

Related to that, when you've done all the current storyline dungeons, does that daily quest go away? It'd be kind of lovely to miss out on 50 lapis a day because there weren't any more story dungeons to do.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
You get completion for that quest from any story mission, including ones already done.

So you can just run Earth Shrine Entrance 3 times to finish it for 3 stamina.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Which mobs do you only get one chance to scan?

edit: If you have outstanding friend invites, do they count against your total? Someone marked me as being full in the spreadsheet but I've got 60 slots left. Can someone test? 049 414 714

PRADA SLUT fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jul 4, 2016

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

PRADA SLUT posted:

Is it better to buy white items from the vendor, or to craft them, when progressing through the story? Or skip them all together and do something else?

Because I got limited friend space. I'll add an 4* or 5* exdeath that has spells, vaan, or high level bartz/CoD no matter what. But I'm not adding low levels unless its a goon.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Twelve by Pies posted:

Halfway done with the Hunger quest, forgot to mention an odd thing happened regarding that. When I first did that dungeon, after beating the Chocobo Eater I got the pop up for completing 3 story dungeons for the daily quest, so I went to the screen to collect my reward, and after I got it it just went back to the map screen and opened the next area. i thought it was weird there wasn't a scene where Rain/Laswell met up with Fina. Well, after running through the dungeon again for the Hunger quest, it actually played that scene, despite me having beaten the next two story areas.

Related to that, when you've done all the current storyline dungeons, does that daily quest go away? It'd be kind of lovely to miss out on 50 lapis a day because there weren't any more story dungeons to do.

Gumi bolted the daily quest system onto Alim's code, so it shouldn't surprise anybody when things behave unexpectedly like that. Previously-completed story dungeons count, so you can still do that daily quest after you're done with the story.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
That's good to know.

Kinda wish there was a confirmation box on feeding magicite to espers. Yeah it'd get annoying but on the other hand I wasted a piece of magicite today because the game misinterpreted me trying to swipe as me clicking it.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

That's good to know.

Kinda wish there was a confirmation box on feeding magicite to espers. Yeah it'd get annoying but on the other hand I wasted a piece of magicite today because the game misinterpreted me trying to swipe as me clicking it.

I did the same thing. Now I just click the arrows instead of swiping. It works way better.

Edit: awesome I managed to get the murasame. I had to abuse the gently caress out of edger's poison (50%) and cyan's paralysis(30%). I had to get both statuses to land twice, but it only take 3 tries. It is odd they let you try this boss as many times as you want for zero stamina.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Jul 4, 2016

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Shwqa posted:

I've found that most people who are goons but not explicit about it are instead incredibly adamant about having stairs in their house.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost

KataraniSword posted:

I've found that most people who are goons but not explicit about it are instead incredibly adamant about having stairs in their house.

Or mention that the internet is stupid, or cleverly capitalize S A mid-word, or mention something about getting out, or welcome you to Final Fantasy Argument Stadium.

You can also look their friend code up on the spreadsheet. It's the only way to be sure.

Varance fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Jul 4, 2016

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
I just did a random wrestling reference thats missing 1 letter because drat the patriots

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

PRADA SLUT posted:

I just added everyone on the spreadsheet and marked the people who are full.

If you encounter anyone who has a full list, mark them as full. Unmark yourself if you add more slots.

Thanks for doing this! Cleared some space on my friends list and added you.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Is it possible to pull 3 star units from the friend point rolls? just wondering if I'll need to slowly save up lapis to grab like Vivi or Rydia.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

A Cup of Ramen posted:

Is it possible to pull 3 star units from the friend point rolls? just wondering if I'll need to slowly save up lapis to grab like Vivi or Rydia.

Friend Point summons will only ever return Friend Point units, which are entirely seperate from the units you get from Lapis/Ticket summons.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost

A Cup of Ramen posted:

Units that come from friend point summons: http://imgur.com/lKEV6hE

Everything else is on the Lapis gacha. And yes, most of the "good" characters (units capable of going 5*/6*) are rare as hell. It's about an 85%/15% split between pulling a common or a rare per pull. http://imgur.com/3Vvkeeo

Varance fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Jul 4, 2016

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Has anyone tried using Pray successfully, because all that does it spit out garbled Japanese at me.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Zurai posted:

Friend Point summons will only ever return Friend Point units, which are entirely seperate from the units you get from Lapis/Ticket summons.

Varance posted:

Units that come from friend point summons: http://imgur.com/lKEV6hE

Everything else is on the Lapis gacha. And yes, most of the "good" characters (units capable of going 5*/6*) are rare as hell. It's about an 85%/15% split between pulling a common or a rare per pull. http://imgur.com/3Vvkeeo

Thanks for the info, welp time to clear all my daily quests and save up lapis.

Free Drinks
Dec 16, 2006

Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
So my first ok pull was a 3* Vivi, but after finishing my tickets I ended up with 4 more and a 4*one.

Do the mechanics of this game favor me finishing up leveling my 3* (hes 29 or so, so just a handful to 40) then fuse him into my 4* then proceed to do the same with the others, or dose the level not help too much and I should just cram them all into him for the trust?

At least Vivi eating his kin kinda fits in the story of ff9, if you really want to get dark about it.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Holy cow, super honor summons in this game are loving lousy

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
Yeah, so I'm super smart. Thinking that you used the Gil Turtles the same as the XP cactuses, I fused them all instead of selling them :downs:

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I spent some time rerolling last night while watching TV and ended up with Exdeath, Vaan, Cecil, Firion and Krile. They are all at 3 stars but that shouldn't matter for very long right?

Also my ID is 439 473 967 and I have a bunch of open slots if any friendly goons want to add me. Do people prefer Exdeath or Vaan friend leaders?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Suprfli6 posted:

I spent some time rerolling last night while watching TV and ended up with Exdeath, Vaan, Cecil, Firion and Krile. They are all at 3 stars but that shouldn't matter for very long right?

Also my ID is 439 473 967 and I have a bunch of open slots if any friendly goons want to add me. Do people prefer Exdeath or Vaan friend leaders?

As an ExDeath (008,175,550) haver who just bought a ton of slots and added you, I'd prefer the Vaan, but others might disagree!

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Suprfli6 posted:

Congrats! That's a pretty drat cool team.

Exdeath isn't really useful till he's levelled up, so might as well set Vaan for the time being.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Alright sounds good, thanks guys.

Leveling my dudes seems pretty straightforward but for getting them to 4 stars should I be running the Awakening daily dungeon or will the items come easily doing the story/exploration maps?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Mister Macys posted:

Got a five star Cecil for anyone who wants free Curas and +50% def Limit Breaks.

If you only have one guy in your party, they get five times the experience, right?

Full already.

These Gil Turtles are just for selling, right?

Shwqa posted:

Or stairs, or protected...

PRADA SLUT posted:

Goons are more likely to have obsessively re-rolled for Exdeath, Bartz, Vaan and CoD.

It also helps with building a Goon Friend Army and minimizes the "friend list full" problem the guys with the best lending characters on the spreadsheet have...

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Starting with ExDeath, Cecil, Cyan, Edgar, and Gilbert after a reroll or two.

Add me at 534 684 458 powerful people! I need more people I can use to blow through the ADV experience dungeon with.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'd like to even see the pull rates of original characters vs the recent additions. I'm seeing a lot more Cecil than Leo. I'm not seeing many Celes pulls either.

Shishells
May 25, 2012

I logged in with FB like a dummy. Any way I can reroll? Do I have to create a dummy FB account?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

I still have four slots open... :confused:

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
Opinions on if I should roll with an Exdeath, Bartz, Roselia, Leo draw or a CoD, Cecil, Edgar draw?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Mister Macys posted:

I still have four slots open... :confused:

That was my bad, I didn't know my list was full. It really sneaks up on you, There's no warning! Sorry.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Suprfli6 posted:

Alright sounds good, thanks guys.

Leveling my dudes seems pretty straightforward but for getting them to 4 stars should I be running the Awakening daily dungeon or will the items come easily doing the story/exploration maps?

Most of the items will come from doing story/exploration, but the Sacred Crystals (for 4 star and 5 star) and Holy Crystals (for 5 star) which every characters needs for Awakening are best farmed from the INT Awakening Vortex. My advice is to just do the story until progress starts to feel rough, then farm the Awakening and Experience Vortexes for a bit until you've Awakened a couple characters (Exdeath should be first so he can get his actual nukes), then go back to story, and repeat until either you run out of story or you've fully awakened everyone.

WarpZealot
Nov 25, 2005
Yes, I've played Starcraft.

funkymonks posted:

Opinions on if I should roll with an Exdeath, Bartz, Roselia, Leo draw or a CoD, Cecil, Edgar draw?

The first one. Two top tiers and two good 5* vs Two top tiers and a 4*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Is anyone else having connection errors? The support tab is not being very helpful.

Worst part? I'm stuck inside an exploration quest. It errors whenever the stage ends. Sigh.

• Locked thread