Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Vib Rib posted:

Except in Infinity Expert, Big Reactors require this loving IC2 fuel pellet thing to craft, which itself requires plutonium, which you can only get with long, drawn out waiting using the lovely IC2 nuke reactor or the replicator which is even messier.

So why the gently caress are you playing a pack designed by the shitfucks that are Forgecraft™?

Their design sense has been nothing but poo poo since day one, and also they're loving assholes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

StealthArcher posted:

So why the gently caress are you playing a pack designed by the shitfucks that are Forgecraft™?
I'm not. The person who asked the question in the first place is. The person who this response was meant for and to whom this information is relevant.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Meskhenet posted:

I just made my rftool dimension builder in SF2.5. And all the worlds it makes are also void worlds. Is this meant to be? I ended up setting the config to false so i actually got some worlds to spawn.

Or was i just putting my dimlets in the wrong order?

If you're looking for worlds to mine, the deep dark is entirely normal in sky factory.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Ambaire posted:

If you're looking for worlds to mine, the deep dark is entirely normal in sky factory.

I was just after the dimensional ores to infuse my machines. But changing the setting in the config now gives me normal worlds.

But, how do i get to the deep dark? Thats bedrockium or something?

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

Meskhenet posted:

I was just after the dimensional ores to infuse my machines. But changing the setting in the config now gives me normal worlds.

But, how do i get to the deep dark? Thats bedrockium or something?

Portal to the deep dark is a craftable item and you can make it fairly early in your SF2.5 build.

http://ftbwiki.org/Portal_to_The_Deep_Dark

Re: the RFTools void dimensions. By the time you can make the dimension builder, (in SF 2.5 anyway) you practically have unlimited resources and 20 ways to fly. Void is no longer a challenge, but rather an annoyance. I switched the config option.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Vib Rib posted:

Except in Infinity Expert, Big Reactors require this loving IC2 fuel pellet thing to craft, which itself requires plutonium, which you can only get with long, drawn out waiting using the lovely IC2 nuke reactor or the replicator which is even messier.

You really only need to make one iridium and then start duping it in the mass fab.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I did mention the replicator. It's also lovely.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Yeah but you can mass convert RF to EU with IE. easier than building reactors

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Is there a way with CustomNPCs to have friendly mobs outright attack nearby monsters unprovoked? I can only seem to get them to fight back once they've been hit.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Is there a way with CustomNPCs to have friendly mobs outright attack nearby monsters unprovoked? I can only seem to get them to fight back once they've been hit.

Give them the guard role and you can configure them from there to attack mobs of your choosing. You may also have to set them to attack hostile factions from the factions tab, if you want them to attack other custom npcs/players that are hostile to their faction.

I have been working with CustomNPCs a LOT while helping build on WilsonSMP. It's a terrifically intricate mod that is capable of doing an incredible number of things, but that comes with the side effect of one hundred options to sort through with each fresh npc if you aren't being aggressive with your cloner.

Priapus Unbound fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jul 3, 2016

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Heffer posted:

Yeah but you can mass convert RF to EU with IE. easier than building reactors

You can also just cheat that poo poo in if you want to, or use the better option and just not play that pack.

The Infinity pack i think works really really well until you hit that 'you have to use IC2' part of the pack. Then it is terrible.

It is such a step backwards from where you are in the pack that it sticks out like a sore thumb. Either the IC2 stuff needs to be the gate to the rest of the pack, or the IC2 stuff needs to be supe'd up to the point where its even semi useful where you encounter it.

The pack doesnt need RF converted to EU though. You need the ic2 reactor in order to progress with other parts of other mods.

The IC2 reactor is a gate, and a loving lovely one. Its like a forced stop on the freeway for no reason at all.
(getting rid of ic2 entirely from that pack would be a huge boost to it. )

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Meskhenet posted:

You can also just cheat that poo poo in if you want to, or use the better option and just not play that pack.

The Infinity pack i think works really really well until you hit that 'you have to use IC2' part of the pack. Then it is terrible.

It is such a step backwards from where you are in the pack that it sticks out like a sore thumb. Either the IC2 stuff needs to be the gate to the rest of the pack, or the IC2 stuff needs to be supe'd up to the point where its even semi useful where you encounter it.

The pack doesnt need RF converted to EU though. You need the ic2 reactor in order to progress with other parts of other mods.

The IC2 reactor is a gate, and a loving lovely one. Its like a forced stop on the freeway for no reason at all.
(getting rid of ic2 entirely from that pack would be a huge boost to it. )
I have to agree. I even did bees in infinity expert and I couldn't be bothered with the ic2 reactor. Seems like lots of work for nothing.

At least the prior gating has you building useful stuff for the most part. Or set it and forget it type stuff.

I totally would have done it if I had other people playing on my server, but by that point everyone had ducked out and I didn't really want to open it to goons because I am not sure how many people it could handle. If people borrow my bee stuff to get started it makes things pretty easy anyway.

By the time I got to the ic2 reactor I had infinite resources of anything bees could make, infinite power from culinary generators, and automated everything from logistics pipes. I ran out of motivation to grind through that stuff.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Jul 4, 2016

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Does a mod exist that's basically the opposite of Spice Of Life? That mod forces people to eat a variety of foods via punishing them with diminishing returns and increased time-to-eat if they eat the same foods over and over. What I'm looking for is something that rewards people for eating a variety of foods in some way, but doesn't punish them for eating the same foods.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Khorne posted:

I have to agree. I even did bees in infinity expert and I couldn't be bothered with the ic2 reactor. Seems like lots of work for nothing.

At least the prior gating has you building useful stuff for the most part. Or set it and forget it type stuff.

I totally would have done it if I had other people playing on my server, but by that point everyone had ducked out and I didn't really want to open it to goons because I am not sure how many people it could handle. If people borrow my bee stuff to get started it makes things pretty easy anyway.

By the time I got to the ic2 reactor I had infinite resources of anything bees could make, infinite power from culinary generators, and automated everything from logistics pipes. I ran out of motivation to grind through that stuff.

I liked seeing IC2 stuff in the pack because I hadn't run through IC2 stuff before. I found it interesting enough to build one fully automated uranium->iridium line of production just to build it once, and I think someone could probably come along and build IC3 and have an interesting mod.

That said - IC2 definitely had the dumbest mechanical decision I have ever seen a mod make in minecraft. Why does wrenching apart a machine with the wrong tool revert the machine to a frame? That's just an incredible gently caress-you to your userbase. Oh and metal plates just for the sake of metal plates being different than ingots was also relatively stupid given that they didn't do anything other than provide a pointless intermediary step after ingots.

Essentially IC2 being in infinity as an introduction to IC2 wasn't bad, but IC2 itself is bad enough that the infinity devs should have hacked parts of it out entirely.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
I'm playing blightfall and for the most part I'm enjoying it. I'm being bottled necked though and its made for a couple of frustrating hours. I need gold to make casts but I simply can't find it. Also spawn swarms are the loving worst. Is there a way for me to turn those fuckers off? They respawn at a ridiculous rate and the spawners grow on certain block types that are very abundant.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

FalloutGod posted:

I'm playing blightfall and for the most part I'm enjoying it. I'm being bottled necked though and its made for a couple of frustrating hours. I need gold to make casts but I simply can't find it. Also spawn swarms are the loving worst. Is there a way for me to turn those fuckers off? They respawn at a ridiculous rate and the spawners grow on certain block types that are very abundant.

Gold spawns at the same place as it regularly does in vanilla minecraft, flying swarm spawners are made from tainted crust which is made from wood. Spider sacs can spawn anywhere.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

FalloutGod posted:

If you've unlocked the supplier quests for antiquated tools (I think by turning iron in to the paranormalist) you can request vanilla golden tools that are completely worthless for mining. They can, however, be tossed into a tinker's smeltery to reclaim their gold.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
So this is pretty cool: Better With Mods.

I never got to experience Better Than Wolves and by the time I heard about it and FlowerChild's bullshit I didn't want to. But this appears to be BTW without the psychosis ( or at least the majority of it, although I noticed that wolves poop, but it's not required for anything).

The mechanical power system is really neat! I'm glad I can try it out without dealing with required wolf abuse. The author aims to make it diverge from BTW down the line, aiming for compatibility with other mods. It should at least be fun until FC goes apeshit (after that it will be REALLY fun :getin:).

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Anias posted:

I liked seeing IC2 stuff in the pack because I hadn't run through IC2 stuff before. I found it interesting enough to build one fully automated uranium->iridium line of production just to build it once, and I think someone could probably come along and build IC3 and have an interesting mod.

That said - IC2 definitely had the dumbest mechanical decision I have ever seen a mod make in minecraft. Why does wrenching apart a machine with the wrong tool revert the machine to a frame? That's just an incredible gently caress-you to your userbase. Oh and metal plates just for the sake of metal plates being different than ingots was also relatively stupid given that they didn't do anything other than provide a pointless intermediary step after ingots.

Essentially IC2 being in infinity as an introduction to IC2 wasn't bad, but IC2 itself is bad enough that the infinity devs should have hacked parts of it out entirely.

Does IC2 still have all that gibbl and HAYO bullshit too or did someone slap the stupidity out of it? Haven't touched that mod since it was one of the Big Three and Technic was just starting up.

Fortis posted:

So this is pretty cool: Better With Mods.

I never got to experience Better Than Wolves and by the time I heard about it and FlowerChild's bullshit I didn't want to. But this appears to be BTW without the psychosis ( or at least the majority of it, although I noticed that wolves poop, but it's not required for anything).

The mechanical power system is really neat! I'm glad I can try it out without dealing with required wolf abuse. The author aims to make it diverge from BTW down the line, aiming for compatibility with other mods. It should at least be fun until FC goes apeshit (after that it will be REALLY fun :getin:).

And speaking of Ancient Mod Drama, oh my god :allears: One of the only draws to FlowerChild's madness was the windmill and waterwheel systems.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Archenteron posted:

And speaking of Ancient Mod Drama, oh my god :allears: One of the only draws to FlowerChild's madness was the windmill and waterwheel systems.

Yeah, I really like the mechanical power system. I'm hoping the BWM dev makes it possible to generate RF or whatever with it. A modpack requiring progression from the mechanical system to something like Immersive Engineering would be pretty amazing, too.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I always thought that sort of low-tech medieval machinery would be the perfect addition to the bizarre technomagic stuff you get with Thaumcraft. That would be a pretty cool modpack.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

FalloutGod posted:

As said above, trade rep for golden pickaxes. You get 3 gold ingots from the smelter, Remember you need 2 gold ingots to make a cast though. You can also melt down gold coins. 1 coin = 1 nugget. So you need 18 for a cast.

Set up a wheat farm for wheat. Tree farm for charcoal. Send up stacks of bread for rep. (all of this can be done with golems or by hand early on. Bonemeal is essentally free)

As for swarm spawners, stay away from them until you have a crossbow, then they become pretty easy to kill.

Any tree/log that gets infected with taint , if it is on the top can potentially become a swarm spawner, so yes, if you are hanging about in tainted forests you will get lots of swarms. Early game they are pretty much what is keeping you away from certain areas. As soon as you get better armour and weapons and enchants even they become trivial.

(i tunneled under a village in order to loot it so that i didnt die repeatedly to swarms. It was fun.)

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Ive got a problem.

I have set up a kill chamber with an autonomous activator and a wyvern sword.

I have ender io conduit connecting it all up and i have my filters set so that when the sword hits 0 energy it gets taken out and placed into the adjacent capacitator. Once full, it then gets returned to the activator.

The problem is that if everything is running, the sword gets to 0 and remains in the activator. If i then switch everything off, via the central switch, it then gets taken out charged and replaced.

I dont want to manually have to flip the switch like i am doing though. Am i doing something wrong? Is there a way to tell teh activator to turn off when the sword gets to 0 and turn back on when its in?

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Autonomous activators respond to redstone signals IIRC, so you could just turn it off for a second every 10 seconds or something. Unless you're capped out on mobs at all times it shouldn't affect your rates too badly.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

Mzbundifund posted:

I always thought that sort of low-tech medieval machinery would be the perfect addition to the bizarre technomagic stuff you get with Thaumcraft. That would be a pretty cool modpack.

Immersive Engineering matches Thaumcraft's aesthetic so well with its multiblock structures and dark wood/stone aesthetic -- it's very much Thaumcraft's tech counterpart. For an early-game entry point into medieval tech, RandomAdditions (not Random Things) has its own water wheel and windmill, plus a means of transmitting/storing mechanical energy and a few ways to use it. Bibliocraft covers the decor, since you can't play Thaumcraft without making a magical library, and fleshes out a few other functions (mapping system, storage organization, etc) with some low-tech alternatives that see little use otherwise. Agricraft also matches the over all feel with its utility blocks, and it gives you a decent source of Thaumcraft plants.

Toss in BoP/Natura (maybe Storage Drawers or Jabba for storage if you're feeling froggy) and whatever server/client UI enhancements you deem appropriate, and you've got yourself a lightweight little modpack going.

...Ugh, I need this pack. Minecraft for Vive works with a lot of things I'm throwing at it, but something lightweight like this would help immensely to keep things stable performance-wise and to prevent NEI from getting too clogged. Of course, I haven't even tried Thaumcraft yet to see if it suffers from the same UI issues as some other mods. That, uh, might be an issue.

Kraven Moorhed fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Jul 5, 2016

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

i wish immersive engineering would update for 1.9/1.10 :smithfrog:

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
The answer to any problem in any modpack with Tinkers' in is usually Get A Crossbow, Stupid.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

HA,

ive died more to my own bolts than anything else in the pack im playing. And i was going to screen shot it, but i hit something with my crossbow. Not the bolts, the bow, as in left click. And died.

Mesky died to enderium crossbow from mesky.

Since i got the wyvern armour and now the draconic armour i haven't even come close to dying though.

I also figured out my timer problem.

Needed to have the conduit --- redstone ----redstone torch on a block---block-----redstone---timer. That made the conduit in the always on position until the timer sent its signal, which then turned the whole thing off for a second.

My problem now is getting the reaper book. Ive set up 1 fisher hoping for it, and im stockpiling xp to enchant for it. ATM 1 in 1000 mobs for a soul and needing 4 per res sucks. (on the bright side i can build an entire base out of porkchops now.)

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Playing FTB Infinity. Made a Wither grinder in the End. Works perfectly along side my wither skeleton farm (which always worked with the chunkloader) but when I'm out of the area it doesn't send stars/cubes through my tesseract. If I sit there and watch a few withers die and go back to base, all of the nether cubes will be in a chest, so I know the tesseract is working fine, and I know the chunkloader works, too (radius is way more than it needs) and it was working fine to send the skulls to my base before I made the grinder.

What the hell is wrong here?

Edit: I figured it out, sort of. Replaced the vacuum hopper with a vacuum chest and somehow it started working. Pretty strange since I've never had problems with vacuum hoppers and chunkloders. Still can't say I know what the problem was but I guess it's fixed.

Mr Scumbag fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jul 5, 2016

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Both sides are chunkloaded? Nothing crosses chunk boundaries? Do your spawners work without having a player nearby?

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Vib Rib posted:

Both sides are chunkloaded? Nothing crosses chunk boundaries? Do your spawners work without having a player nearby?

All of those things are/were accounted for. Managed to solve the problem, though if you check above. Still can't say I know what the problem was.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Another question (FTB Infinity Evolved):

I just upgraded all of my Wyvern armor to Draconic armor. My objective is to be invincible as I can. Do I upgrade shield capacity or recovery? A ratio?

Just want to know the best way to go to be able to not have to worry about dying/easily defeat dragons for more hearts.

Also if there's any way to keep everything charged all the time, I'd love to hear about it. As it is I think I'll just craft a couple Draconic Flux Capacitors and set something up where I can switch them in and out of an ender chest from a pouch and attach the chest to an infuser so there's always a fully charged capacitor ready to go, but if there's a better way I'm all ears.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

So, the pack I've been working on has been completely stable up until this afternoon. As far as I can tell, nothing's changed with the pack nor my computer. However, now I can't even get the game to load up; It just crashes before getting to the menu screen. Here's what's in FML's Latest.log. Can someone please help me figure this out?

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Mr Scumbag posted:

Playing FTB Infinity. Made a Wither grinder in the End. Works perfectly along side my wither skeleton farm (which always worked with the chunkloader) but when I'm out of the area it doesn't send stars/cubes through my tesseract. If I sit there and watch a few withers die and go back to base, all of the nether cubes will be in a chest, so I know the tesseract is working fine, and I know the chunkloader works, too (radius is way more than it needs) and it was working fine to send the skulls to my base before I made the grinder.

What the hell is wrong here?

Edit: I figured it out, sort of. Replaced the vacuum hopper with a vacuum chest and somehow it started working. Pretty strange since I've never had problems with vacuum hoppers and chunkloders. Still can't say I know what the problem was but I guess it's fixed.

Move the chunk loader.

Ive had similar things happen where simply moving the chunk loader 1 block over seemed to fix it. I have no idea why or how. (these where the mrf ones that need power too.)

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Mr Scumbag posted:

Another question (FTB Infinity Evolved):

I just upgraded all of my Wyvern armor to Draconic armor. My objective is to be invincible as I can. Do I upgrade shield capacity or recovery? A ratio?

Just want to know the best way to go to be able to not have to worry about dying/easily defeat dragons for more hearts.

Also if there's any way to keep everything charged all the time, I'd love to hear about it. As it is I think I'll just craft a couple Draconic Flux Capacitors and set something up where I can switch them in and out of an ender chest from a pouch and attach the chest to an infuser so there's always a fully charged capacitor ready to go, but if there's a better way I'm all ears.

Ive never had that problem. I have wireless charger from ender io ( i think) sitting in my base. When i get back to base to do stuff, by the time i need to leave everything is charged again.

So if you are away a lot, maybe hook one of those up to a tesseract where you are?

Meskhenet fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jul 6, 2016

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

neogeo0823 posted:

So, the pack I've been working on has been completely stable up until this afternoon. As far as I can tell, nothing's changed with the pack nor my computer. However, now I can't even get the game to load up; It just crashes before getting to the menu screen. Here's what's in FML's Latest.log. Can someone please help me figure this out?

Paste the whole thing. I could not even find a crash message in there.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Anias posted:

I liked seeing IC2 stuff and didn't even mind the plates.

I just don't get the appeal of its nuclear reactor.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Khorne posted:

I liked seeing IC2 stuff

Dont worry. Its natural to watch even the most horrific of train crashes.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Paste the whole thing. I could not even find a crash message in there.

I spent 6 hours yesterday with a few people, and it was determined that it's just Minecraft being loving stupid. I was using the Curse client and after pasting literally eerything over to the FTB client wholesale it works just fine. Apparently, this is a thing that can happen, where whatever launcher you have will just be like "nah, not doing it today" and just start crashing. The other logs I had showed the game loading fine till it just silently crashed.

I've got no loving clue either. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
It was cursed.