Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
check it out fryman za freakin' warudo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Pff, no articulation in the legs? What is this, a first grade kit?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Nah, they're just massive hockey pads.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Pomp posted:

check it out fryman za freakin' warudo

this is good

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://vt.tumblr.com/tumblr_o9pxbt8jwE1r4cgbn.mp4#_=_

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

That's every day post-Other M.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Pruld is a very strange man, and prone to tonal whiplash in the stuff he makes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DGe4RtPmWw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw9mbPXSuCA

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

can't wait for Paper Souls: Sticker Star

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Pruld is a very strange man, and prone to tonal whiplash in the stuff he makes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DGe4RtPmWw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw9mbPXSuCA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAUnDDTz30k

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I did not know that was a thing.

I mean, it's still fanart so whatever but hey.

Duke of Flies
Jul 2, 2007

I croaked "Get Out"
Then I stood, and croaked "GET OUT"

Or... get in..
Soiled Meat

Dr Christmas posted:

Everyone is drawing the same version of the anthropomorphic clock and notebook. Even the pony, hedgehog, and Lion King versions of them are based on those two anthro versions.

I'm sure Patient Zero for whoever did these designs is out there somewhere on Tumblr. I dunno how I'd feel if I was the one behind it. Proud of its staying power or afraid of what I've caused?

While digging these up, I found an interview with the DHMIS creators and this bit was great:

"I am always so impressed with how CrEaTivE our fans are – making costumes, club remixes of the songs, humanising the characters and making them have ‘romances’ with each other… which is a little odd."

Duke of Flies has a new favorite as of 20:53 on Jul 3, 2016

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

a kitten posted:

Is there good (or weird) PA fanart around?

A: yes

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Kwyndig posted:

Where are the feathers?

never mind, that's a spinosaurid.

A.o.D. has a new favorite as of 22:22 on Jul 3, 2016

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Spinosaurids are cool, gently caress the haters.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Concordat has a new favorite as of 01:25 on Feb 9, 2017

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Pac-Man recreated with protozoa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvZm9EXqrdU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
I'm glad John Freeman is getting to meet his imitator.

Concordat has a new favorite as of 01:25 on Feb 9, 2017

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

So Doom Marine's motivation was actually to avenge all the dead bunnies.

I relate to Doom Marine now

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Concordat posted:

I'm glad John Freeman is getting to meet his imitator.

I haven't played new doom yet but this is canon as far as I'm concerned

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I'm pretty sure doom marine just figured the Mars assignment would snag him a smooth transition into a contract with UAC as a follow-on assignment.

But now because of the hell takeover thing his DD-214 is all hosed up and his separation paperwork is a lost cause.

Literally unemployable.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

I was wavering on getting the new DOOM but boy howdy this tipped me right over the loving edge.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Elsa posted:

I'm pretty sure doom marine just figured the Mars assignment would snag him a smooth transition into a contract with UAC as a follow-on assignment.

But now because of the hell takeover thing his DD-214 is all hosed up and his separation paperwork is a lost cause.

Literally unemployable.

No wonder he's so loving mad

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Doom Marine's motivation is that he loves demons and he only knows how to express positive emotions using punches.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Kumaton posted:

I was wavering on getting the new DOOM but boy howdy this tipped me right over the loving edge.

That's a stupid goddamn reason to play a good goddamn game.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

In Ultimate DooM the Doomguy is killing the demons because they killed his pet rabbit, Daisy.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Kumaton posted:

That's a dumb reason! New Doom is goty material on its own without some silly (but great) fanart! It's 40% off on steam right now, everyone should buy the new doom

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

DOOM is truly perfect. If you do not get this amazing new generation of Rip and Tear madness, you are stupid. Yes, I know that's insulting but it's also the truth. If you're a true video game fan, you'll not hesitate in the slightest bit to buy this remarkable piece of video game history.

edit:

RareAcumen has a new favorite as of 09:20 on Jul 4, 2016

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

One of the things I like about the new Doom is that the UAC research team is totally crazy. They realize almost immediately they can't control the zombie monsters they're making if a demon pops by so they just start summoning demons and mounting rocket launchers on dudes to see what happens. They find a ridiculously powerful demon half dead in a coma and proceeded to weaponize it. Their lead scientist is a guy whose brain is in a giant robot body because he wanted to be a superhero. They repeatedly sent teams into Hell despite knowing full well that robots were better suited for the job, and they send the robots along too. They built a kill switch into their most powerful soldiers that would automatically be activated in the worst case scenario where they would actually be needed. They built an artificial intelligence so ridiculously advanced that studying its mechanical and electrical operation became its own field of physics.

Now you can blame some of this on the secret cultists, but not all of it.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Steam offers a demo, please install it before buying the game. I discovered my computer locks up at the multilingual warning screen.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I went to find the source of that Doom fanart and found out that there's more.

https://twitter.com/TFrancooo/status/738852218665865218

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Kwyndig posted:

One of the things I like about the new Doom is that the UAC research team is totally crazy. They realize almost immediately they can't control the zombie monsters they're making if a demon pops by so they just start summoning demons and mounting rocket launchers on dudes to see what happens. They find a ridiculously powerful demon half dead in a coma and proceeded to weaponize it. Their lead scientist is a guy whose brain is in a giant robot body because he wanted to be a superhero. They repeatedly sent teams into Hell despite knowing full well that robots were better suited for the job, and they send the robots along too. They built a kill switch into their most powerful soldiers that would automatically be activated in the worst case scenario where they would actually be needed. They built an artificial intelligence so ridiculously advanced that studying its mechanical and electrical operation became its own field of physics.

Now you can blame some of this on the secret cultists, but not all of it.

The UAC looked at the energy crisis on Earth and went 'You know what would be a good idea? Mining Hell, that's the ticket!' and proceed to do just that with such efficiency and success that they basically run the world. Their director is a deep-voiced robot man who talks about how it was all for the greater good, and how the 'situation' can still be 'resolved to benefit us both', like a businessman scraping together a bad boardroom deal.

Also, you're basically worshipped as a god of destruction and the 'most powerful soldiers' mentioned above? Their armor is based off of yours, and still wasn't enough to help them.

You discover all of this in the first 15 minutes of gameplay, after smashing two monitors in pure rage. It's amazing.

DOOM is worth it just for the gameplay, but the story has some pretty good moments, too.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Elsa posted:

Steam offers a demo, please install it before buying the game. I discovered my computer locks up at the multilingual warning screen.

If you are still having trouble, you can bypass the whole Bethesda/id/"This game was created by a multi-ethnic team of demons" loading screens and get right to the main menu. Don't know if it will help, but if you already threw down the cash, it might salvage things.

And agreeing with all the above, the game is a lot of fun. The story is over the top, as you would expect, in the best cheesy sci-fi way. A lot of it is written in the codices about the monsters and other life forms.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

I'm surprised I haven't seen this mashup until now.

Not bad but way, way too much emotion for Saitama.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The DOOM story is genuinely good which is something I never, ever, in a million years thought I would say about DOOM

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tracula posted:

I'm surprised I haven't seen this mashup until now.

:same:

Tracula posted:

Not bad but way, way too much emotion for Saitama.

Not really. Remember that fly he couldn't kill in the earlier chapters? That thing pissed him right the gently caress off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Happy america day

• Locked thread