Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

DiggityDoink posted:

Tonight's episode perfectly explains why the rally stage for star in a car sucks balls.

I feel sorry for the poor bastards that have to clean off the track before the next supercar lap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Qmass posted:

I would watch this show about cars... do we want less shows about cars ?

Hey in the late 90's all I wanted were more Star Wars movies but when we got some it didn't stop me complaining about Jar Jar.

Chris Evans: literally Jar Jar.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
https://twitter.com/achrisevans/status/749969917055799296

Well drat, I wasn't really expecting it to happen this quickly, our long national nightmare is over.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The 4th of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when the world declared in one voice "Chris Evans is no longer on Top Gear."

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Things are finally looking up after Brexit.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
This is the best thing to happen this year

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

hopterque posted:

Well drat, I wasn't really expecting it to happen this quickly, our long national nightmare is over.

I wonder if the sex crimes investigation played a role in this because this is crazy fast. :stare:

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Really appreciating all the Clarkson 'thumbs up' gifs being replied to that tweet. A balm for the soul. You've regained a touch of class Britain after a rough few weeks... just a touch.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Holy poo poo that was fast.

I mean he didn't get any positive feedback but holy poo poo the dust didn't even settle.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Lowest ratings ever for TG last episode at 1.9m. Legitimate ratings death spiral.

wombat74
Sep 30, 2005

Corporate Fat Cat
The best possible start to the next series would be Matt introducting the new cohost... Chris Evans! (the US one)

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

You could probably cobble together the remains and build it around Rory, Matt and Harris. It wouldn't be immediately brilliant but I think it could grow into something with some time.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

America owns England yet again in July 4th.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

this also came out today:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/chris-evans-being-investigated-over-8346066?ICID=FB_mirror_main

quote:

Chris Evans is being investigated over historical sex assault claims, police confirm

The Radio 2 presenter has denied any wrongdoing

Chris Evans is being investigated by police over allegations of sexual assault, it has been confirmed.

In a statement this morning, the Met confirmed that a woman had made an allegation of "non-recent sexual assault" on May 23.

Police told Mirror Online the allegation related to "incidents in Tower Hamlets in the 1990s".

Shame he couldn't have been fired just for being bad at the job.

Ned
May 23, 2002

by Hand Knit
I wasn't thrilled with Chris Evans but didn't think he was terrible. I think the bit in the middle where semi-famous people drive the track is terrible and should be ignored but I don't know if that was his idea but it really is poo poo.

I do think Matt LeBlanc has been better than I could have hoped for and I want him to stick around.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

The new host needs to be someone who can match Clarkson's disdain for foreigners and is currently available for work...Looks like Nigel Farage is the one!

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Keep Matt, Rory and Chris Harris as the three presenters. Drop Eddie (I like him on f1 but he brings nothing to top gear). Keep Sabine, but use her instead of the stig just for power laps and crazy speed/skill challenges. Show saved.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

blunt posted:

Keep Matt, Rory and Chris Harris as the three presenters. Drop Eddie (I like him on f1 but he brings nothing to top gear). Keep Sabine, but use her instead of the stig just for power laps and crazy speed/skill challenges. Show saved.

I would be very okay with dropping The Stig shtick altogether and replacing him/her/it with Sabine. The Stig feels very Old New Top Gear and it's kinda weird that they kept it.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The stig will inevitably stay because of marketing. Even though keeping him is a horrible idea there's no way they're going to ditch an icon of that show.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Make her The Stig! She can keep the helmet on sometimes and take it off other times.

I mean the idea of having a clone persona for "local driver we grabbed to do a thing on location" is genius. Just pretend it's Sabine when it's not (and the helmet stays on).

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Antti posted:

Make her The Stig! She can keep the helmet on sometimes and take it off other times.

I mean the idea of having a clone persona for "local driver we grabbed to do a thing on location" is genius. Just pretend it's Sabine when it's not (and the helmet stays on).

Interesting idea, the team keeps running into a cloned German in every country they visit...

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

hopterque posted:

Well we voted Crexit and we got it.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

blunt posted:

Yes to all points. Keep the Stig gag for special occasions.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Chris Knight posted:

Well we voted Crexit and we got it.

And unlike with the other recent exit, we got exactly what was advertised.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Chris Evans kept the blacks in the back like it was Alabama in the 1950s and the UK hated him, so maybe things aren't as bad as the Brexit aftermath makes it seem.

A topical Extra Gear joke. :sun:

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
I'm sure his alleged sex offence was something BBC just mandated he'd had to get done just to fill the hiring requirements.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

sean10mm posted:

It's not often the sex offender is the one faking enthusiasm and then falling out of the car and vomiting, so give new Top Gear credit for novelty I guess.

:rip:

Here lies Chris Evans
He never (legally) scored

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Ola posted:

The new host needs to be someone who can match Clarkson's disdain for foreigners and is currently available for work...Looks like Nigel Farage is the one!

What new host. They don't need anyone new. They have Rory, Chris Harris, Matt, and Sabine. I'm hoping they drop Eddie as well since he served no purpose. That's a great line up. Though I'm not super fond of Sabine. Keep her for power laps and stuff like that but she isn't a very good presenter. Rory, Chris, and Matt could end up being a trio nearly as good as the original.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Yeah have Rory, Chris and Matt atleast appearing to get their hands dirty on occasion and you'd have a half decent show that I'd probably watch.

On a side note it's quite funny how the BBC went into a frenzy trying to beat the Amazon show to release for whatever reason and it has blown up in the most spectacular and worst way possible.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

sean10mm posted:

:rip:

Here lies Chris Evans
He never (legally) scored

lmao :drat:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Really must be something to those sexual misconduct rumours. Glad to see that sad sack of poo poo leave, Matt, Rory and Chris will make for a good core team

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

1500quidporsche posted:

The stig will inevitably stay because of marketing. Even though keeping him is a horrible idea there's no way they're going to ditch an icon of that show.

And he's never going to get drunk and punch someone

Or crash into a coma

Or shout irritatingly.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Really must be something to those sexual misconduct rumours. Glad to see that sad sack of poo poo leave, Matt, Rory and Chris will make for a good core team

Hes really really terrible at it and the sexual assault allegation is all the BBC need to get rid of him and avoid paying out for the rest of his 3 year contract.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

picturing LeBlanc making an anonymous call with a tissue over the receiver.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

My Lovely Horse posted:

picturing LeBlanc making an anonymous call with a tissue over the receiver.

Sounding like a cross between Joey and Dick Van Dyke's chimney sweep accent. :911::hf::britain:

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

It is not just Evans tho. Eddie Jordon is painful to watch as well and Sabine is just not a good presenter either.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

BigPaddy posted:

It is not just Evans tho. Eddie Jordon is painful to watch as well and Sabine is just not a good presenter either.

Agree on all points. Sabine is clearly a gifted driver but she's as mad as a box of frogs and poo poo at being a 'presenter' to think that she passed an audition is lol. And Jordan just needs to gently caress off, he's terrible.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

88h88 posted:

Agree on all points. Sabine is clearly a gifted driver but she's as mad as a box of frogs and poo poo at being a 'presenter' to think that she passed an audition is lol. And Jordan just needs to gently caress off, he's terrible.

Yeah, a Stig-like role would work. She is a tame racing driver, not a trained media personality who can nail cleverly written lines to camera convincingly.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Y'all are just saying that because she's German.

Which I agree completely with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Matt LeBlanc seriously needs to stop pointing at the camera.