Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Shine posted:

As bad as Strowman is, I liked how he beat the poo poo out of Kane and Big Show in the RR and eliminated them easily. Given how the year before was all about Kane and Show smugly tossing out fan favorites, it was cool to see a new, huge guy just swat them aside like "nope." It'd have been better if Strowman was at least half as good at wrestling as he is at strongman (seriously, look up Adam Scherr competing on YouTube; he's a monster) but whatcha gonna do.

I liked when they first brought Strowman up and he was just no selling literally everything. The second they had him sell a move I lost all interest in him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I liked it when he no sold Brock and Brock's immediate reaction was to knock the gently caress out of him.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I liked it when he kept doing his submission incorrectly

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

AlmightyPants posted:

I was laughing so hard at Stroman not selling for Brock and Brock just flipping out. Those flying knees were hysterical.

At that point, I was kind of done with Brock Lesnar. We'd seen him suplex through so many people and it was kind of boring, and I wasn't super hot on the Undertaker matches he had, even if they were better than the mania ones.

Like, I forgot that not only is Brock terrifyingly strong, but he's loving FAST, and him throwing Captain Falcon style knees made me love watching Brock again. Everything about him in the Rumble was fantastic, and I wish he'd be in another one, even though I don't think it will happen.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Covering all the podcast news:

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/748973663366500352

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Where's the Russo podcast reviews?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

drat, I guess that means MLW goes back into my no-click zone. Court, MSL, and Greeny? Ugh.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MLW has Marty and Sarah podcast nowso all the people that get irritated when women speak aloud can grumble about that.

I'm interested to see if they can get Tama Tonga to turn in more Tiki Bar episodes. I'm enjoying Meng Family Oral History Hour.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Marty and Sarah is VERY twee though.

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

Granny recounting Rufus vs Puluccio was amazing.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

Marty and Sarah is VERY twee though.

until they start doing gently caress Marry Kill then it gets real dark.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Luigi Thirty posted:

drat, I guess that means MLW goes back into my no-click zone. Court, MSL, and Greeny? Ugh.

I'm still in for Bauer & Pollock. It's like a less lovely version of WOL.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Cornette was hysterical this week. Click on his podcast and go to 45 minutes in. (You think Jericho takes a long time to get started?)

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

BlueArmyMan posted:

I'm still in for Bauer & Pollock. It's like a less lovely version of WOL.

You won't find much better analysis of corporate/media stuff because that's their world. I wish they'd just stick to that stuff, since the takes on the actual WWE product are pretty standard stuff and listening to them try to talk anything outside of WWE is pretty cringey.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Reaverbot posted:

Granny recounting Rufus vs Puluccio was amazing.

Granny: I guess I should get fired, huh?
Bryan: No I'm going to give you MORE money!

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Super Ninja Fish posted:

Cornette was hysterical this week. Click on his podcast and go to 45 minutes in. (You think Jericho takes a long time to get started?)

Over what?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Jerusalem posted:

Granny: I guess I should get fired, huh?
Bryan: No I'm going to give you MORE money!

She's not a good granny
She's not a bad granny
She's the granny

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

He tells a story about Russo emailing BOTH DA and PopTV when TNA was on them respectively trying to get a consultant position.

Just be warned, he calls Dixie Carter a oval office. a lot.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Over Brexit, Trump, Vince Russo, Dixie Carter, Terry Taylor, etc..

Let me give you a sample quote.

"If brains were gasoline, he couldn’t propel a flea’s motorcycle around a raindrop. If you took Vince Rusos’s brain and you bowled it towards a drinking straw, it would look like you were rolling a kernel of corn into a storm drain."

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Super Ninja Fish posted:

Over Brexit, Trump, Vince Russo, Dixie Carter, Terry Taylor, etc..

Let me give you a sample quote.

"If brains were gasoline, he couldn’t propel a flea’s motorcycle around a raindrop. If you took Vince Rusos’s brain and you bowled it towards a drinking straw, it would look like you were rolling a kernel of corn into a storm drain."

Man, say what you will about Corny's opinions, but his insult game is strong.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
I have to admit, I somehow forgot until listening to this week's Cornette show that he didn't wear the gimmick suits at all in TNA (granted, it's not like I've ever really watched much TNA). Russo making poo poo up just days into returning to TNA (in 2006) with the goals of undermining Cornette and kissing up to Dixie is loving AMAZING.

And the only reason that it was even filed with Konnan lawsuit stuff is a token mention of LAX. Awesome.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

LAX getting whipped in the cage by Bullet Bob Armstrong goes up there in terms of awful images.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

coconono posted:

LAX getting whipped in the cage by Bullet Bob Armstrong goes up there in terms of awful images.
Was that a stipulation of the epic Steel Cage Arm Wrestling Match?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Davey Boy Meltzer, Feb 22 1999 posted:

They showed so many clips of Scott Steiner and Kimberly and Ric Flair and Bret Hart and Roddy Piper that I thought I was having nightmares about having been a horrible human being and being sent to Hell, and when I got there, I was sent to this room with all the evil wrestling promoters past and present and they made me sit in the chair next to people like Fritz Von Erich, Herb Abrams and Nick Gulas and forced us to watch Nitro episodes like this 24 hours a day. More film clips. AARGH. Here come Meng & Barbarian against Horace Hogan & Brian Adams for a match that lasts six weeks. It's the year 2025 and we're wheeling out what's left of Hogan and Piper and putting them in the ring to fight for the world title. Ric Flair's in this limo with these horrible actors. More film clips. A stunt woman gets thrown out of a car 52 times on the same show and no matter how many times it's done, she still never looks like Kimberly. And we have to listen, and aren't allowed to switch the channel to see Mankind vs. Rock in a world title change in a ladder match on the other station, are an interview with the Nitro Girls on how Kimberly is doing ("Please, Kimberly, hurry back, we love you") and the long-awaited match of Bret Hart vs. Will Sasso. Finally I woke up Tuesday morning and realized it was a bad nightmare although I can't figure out why I have all these notes on a piece of paper describing this crap from a dream.

:stare:

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

I like how his bad grammar is actually just the stream of conscious from his dream

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I gotta start reading these old Observers :allears:

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

I gotta start reading these old Observers :allears:

I like googling names from the results section to see if they ever made it. :shobon:

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
The old observers are absolutely great. There are the random moments where Dave foretells the future or just has a hilarious in retrospect burn on someone that make it all worthwhile

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Marquis de Pyro posted:

The old observers are absolutely great. There are the random moments where Dave foretells the future or just has a hilarious in retrospect burn on someone that make it all worthwhile

Yeah, the ones being posted now are during the point of no return territory for WCW

Also the one being posted tomorrow is with Owen's death :smith:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Marquis de Pyro posted:

you also get random letters as well, which can be good

Joe Silva would write in about MMA fight making. He's currently the UFC's fight maker.

The current Buffalo Bills DC wrote in at one point as well.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Genericide posted:

I like googling names from the results section to see if they ever made it. :shobon:

Same.

We also had fun finding peoples debuts or try outs for a while.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Where did Pro Wrestling Illustrated used to get its live results from? It used to be fairly comprehensive, maybe even moreso than Observer. Were they just fan submitted results?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

:yeah:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
He did:

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/749724188693368832

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I'm confused. How did Meltzer get worked?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

He fell for a photoshop on twitter

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Vinny's in rare form today.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Luigi Thirty posted:

Granny segment this week is a billion stars

Thanks for pointing this out. I'm crying with laughter

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
It's pretty funny that the idea of a redemption special for Reigns is 100% believable though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
The review of UWF on BNV today might be the worst review I've ever heard them do. It's TERRIBLE raido, but it's still hilarious.

• Locked thread