Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
:yikes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Eonwe posted:

being a mod sounds awful

i was offered once said yes, but then thought about what they said when offering and immediately declined

they said you should be prepared for insane people to stalk you and deal with people being babies, and i realized, thats terrible

im glad our admins and mods do it but i couldnt I don't think

being a mod is often harder on the mod than the modded

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

ik is all i'm good for

on that note i think GBS needs rotating iks

I think you'd be an excellent mod tbh

zen death robot posted:

oh look gunky junket is back

lol

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

she's been doing the rounds lately

she kramered into applewhite's pool safety thread and completely destroyed it

it was pretty funny

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
yeah what the heck was wrong with IKs those were great

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

Digital Fingers posted:

I think you'd be an excellent mod tbh

lol

i'm already mod where it counts

*groin chop*

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
I'm not really complaining about mods because I've never seen one in the wild. I don't complain about Bigfoot.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

a hole-y ghost posted:

Mod everyone with the anime nazi avatar

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

i liked the fyad guy who was an IK that threatened everyone into posting at least 5 threads a day

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

im an ik in byob right now, i have done a grand total of nothing

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

RaceBannon posted:

I'm not really complaining about mods because I've never seen one in the wild. I don't complain about Bigfoot.

Bigfoot spooked my ma and hound once

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

hth posted:

i liked the fyad guy who was an IK that threatened everyone into posting at least 5 threads a day

yes that was good

Eonwe posted:

im an ik in byob right now, i have done a grand total of nothing

this is also good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
can someone explain what happened with this thread amd the windows guy

ive been out of town

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

is my evidence, maybe applewhite will eventually share the no doubt colossal amount of work he did on this for whatever reason

"Colossal" is something of an overstatement. It would have been colossal if I'd actually done it.
The plan was that robomod would introduce himself with a back story similar to the "Ghost of Christmas Past From the Futue" from Aqua Teen Hunger Force and would have involved between six to eight images detailing his origins in a post apocalyptic future where shitposting has ruined the world and being sent back in time to mod GBS.

But he asked me to do it as we were packing up our house to move so I did like, one image and the written back story, plus a bunch of sketches I wasn't very happy with.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

make tuxedo gin mod

he is a borderline suicidal arthur miller character and cares about GBS so i think this might push him over the edge

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jul 4, 2016

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

Applewhite posted:

"Colossal" is something of an overstatement. It would have been colossal if I'd actually done it.
The plan was that robomod would introduce himself with a back story similar to the "Ghost of Christmas Past From the Futue" from Aqua Teen Hunger Force and would have involved between six to eight images detailing his origins in a post apocalyptic future where shitposting has ruined the world and being sent back in time to mod GBS.

But he asked me to do it as we were packing up our house to move so I did like, one image and the written back story, plus a bunch of sketches I wasn't very happy with.

oh he was telling me you'd done work and implied you were slaving away at it

how the hell were you going to be able to make that mess good and also why the hell did he rope us in to his scam?

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Eonwe posted:

can someone explain what happened with this thread amd the windows guy

ive been out of town

windows 98 has been begging house kyanka to be mod for months, and they finally began to secretly grant his request, prompting him to PM every forums superstar he knew asking them to make his modding persona elaborate avatars and backstories which prompted the admins to facepalm and ban him

there you go embed this post in the OP

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

windows 98 has been begging house kyanka to be mod for months, and they finally began to secretly grant his request, prompting him to PM every forums superstar he knew asking them to make his modding persona elaborate avatars and backstories which prompted the admins to facepalm and ban him

there you go embed this post in the OP

christ, what an rear end in a top hat

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
what the gently caress

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

oh he was telling me you'd done work and implied you were slaving away at it

how the hell were you going to be able to make that mess good and also why the hell did he rope us in to his scam?

I was slaving away at it. I put a bunch of CYOA stuff on hold so I could work on it but time is something of a limited commodity for me now and even more then so "slaving away" was still only 1-2 hours a day stolen between packing boxes and making the house look nice for renters.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Does all of GBS live together? The hell is going on?!

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
still lollin'

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

she's been doing the rounds lately

she kramered into applewhite's pool safety thread and completely destroyed it

it was pretty funny

Gunky is a great poster. Pm me girl *shares with gbs*

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

legalize meth

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

angerbeet posted:

still lollin'

the plob part of your av makes me laugh

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Applewhite posted:

CYOA thread idea: Help Windows 98 become a mod.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Funky See Funky Do posted:

would

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Applewhite posted:

I was slaving away at it. I put a bunch of CYOA stuff on hold so I could work on it but time is something of a limited commodity for me now and even more then so "slaving away" was still only 1-2 hours a day stolen between packing boxes and making the house look nice for renters.

I don't understand why you'd do anything to help windows out in the first place.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

Funky See Funky Do posted:

that's the plot of the gbs game i've taken over from windows

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
applewhite seems pretty nice, the guy probs asked and applewhite said ok

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
By the time I'd actually started finalizing some art I found out the whole thing had been nixed. I felt bad because W98 had conveyed the impression it was LadyAmbien who actually wanted me to craft the back story. Now that I find out it was all 98's idea I feel less bad for not finishing.
All this time I thought I'd let LA down.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
can someone write me a backstory

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Applewhite posted:

By the time I'd actually started finalizing some art I found out the whole thing had been nixed. I felt bad because W98 had conveyed the impression it was LadyAmbien who actually wanted me to craft the back story. Now that I find out it was all 98's idea I feel less bad for not finishing.

every new detail is like a whole new dimension of "what the gently caress"'d ness

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Applewhite posted:

lol i love it.

Eonwe posted:

applewhite seems pretty nice, the guy probs asked and applewhite said ok

thanks

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Applewhite posted:

christ what an rear end in a top hat

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Lady A what happened to The Finn. All other mods could only hope to be like him. Old mods rarely posted and when they did it was for a good reason. You shouldnt be friends with your parents and you shouldn't be friends with the mods.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Applewhite posted:

Your last two posts have been the lamest thing I've ever read on SA, and that's saying something.

Sorry W98 roped you into this and had you actually put your artistic talent into such an incredibly stupid thing

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
disagree, the best mods are involved

ex. zdr, cowcaster, videogames, fau

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

zen death robot posted:

Also a lot of you have brain problems

Including you

Adbot