Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
sounds about right they are loving morons

and racists

the only remotely positive thing is they voted to gently caress themselves too

loving sucks to be an eu national in the uk right now

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jul/04/government-refuses-guarantee-eu-citizens-living-in-uk-can-stay

no idea what the future looks like, no idea if you can or even want to live in this country in 2 years or 5 years or 10 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Chilcot on Wednesday, and an amusing title on this expose on Channel 5 tonight.

I hope this is an indication of things to come.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Yinlock posted:

I think that's how the US ended up in it's two-party hellhole, though, the (formerly) lockstep morons vs Everyone Else, and it's really hard to get Everyone Else to agree on anything.

That's just the point. All Everyone Else has to agree on is that electoral reform. Then you hold new elections and continue on from there.

It's a total pipe dream but meh.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

HJB posted:

SInce I'm the only one watching Panorama, here's the highlights:
Leave voters: "I have nothing against Poles/immigration, but"
Remain voters: "Wahhh our futures, all the Leave voters are massive idiots"

I'll put this in @Dril talk

Leave voters "I have nothing against the Polis but I hate it when they arrest me for being loud. I'm only expressing myself telling them to gently caress off."
Remain voters "I dropped my lighter while taking a poo poo and now the whole country is on fire, we also left the UN on so that's us double hosed."

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Okay it was a good thing nobody else was watching it. 80% of it could have been recorded last month for all I could tell, zero insight, zero change in moods or beliefs.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

He's always so self conscious that people will see his tits.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Milk Institute

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Revolt against global elites aka poles and muslims.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
I agree with Pissflaps, bring back Clause 4

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Forgall posted:

Revolt, possibly, against the empowered political classes telling them that poles and muslims are good and necessary.

They are, of course, good and necessary, but people don't trust that when the perceived establishment says it.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jul 4, 2016

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
TBF I'm sure the population of 1930s germany would have been less inclined towards racism and scapegoating foreigners and ethnic minorities if they weren't being hosed over by the global elite

doesnt make them not a bunch of loving nazis tho

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Also at the PLP meeting, Kinnock senior apparently indirectly accused Corbyn of being an anarcho-syndicalist (??????):
https://twitter.com/iainjwatson/status/750028951318298628

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Corbyn was already elected to the post of leader of the Labour party. Maybe Kinnock needs to catch up.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Forgall posted:

Do you think that when people are marginalized and hosed over, they will calmly and rationally sit down and research and find the true source of their problems and assing blame accordingly, or will they act irrationally and get gobbled up by populist movements and just generally gently caress things up?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
The heck are the Hamptons?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Crush the PLP
No Security

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Apraxin posted:

Also at the PLP meeting, Kinnock senior apparently indirectly accused Corbyn of being an anarcho-syndicalist (??????):

Well if I wasn't already going to vote for him,

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Renaissance Robot posted:

Rich peoples place

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Sometimes the government does do good things, multiculturalism is a good thing, but just because the government does a good thing doesn't mean it does good things for everyone, and so people who feel they are getting poo poo on direct their anger against the people they believe are getting treated better than them. Hence the backlash against immigrants, LGBT people and rights, people in receipt of benefits, basically every good thing accomplished by our governments over the past long while.

This is, of course, wrong, for many reasons, but I don't think he's necessarily incorrect in his suggestion that revolt is part of the reason, it's just directed at the wrong target.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

Apraxin posted:

I thought labour was meant to be a broad church? :arghfist::anarchists:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Extreme0 posted:

I'll put this in @Dril talk

Leave voters "I have nothing against the Polis but I hate it when they arrest me for being loud. I'm only expressing myself telling them to gently caress off."
Remain voters "I dropped my lighter while taking a poo poo and now the whole country is on fire, we also left the UN on so that's us double hosed."

these aren't funny you're doing a poo poo impression

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Gonzo McFee posted:

Does he not realize that people see a tit whenever he shows up?

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

OwlFancier posted:

Sometimes the government does do good things, multiculturalism is a good thing, but just because the government does a good thing doesn't mean it does good things for everyone, and so people who feel they are getting poo poo on direct their anger against the people they believe are getting treated better than them. Hence the backlash against immigrants, LGBT people and rights, people in receipt of benefits, basically every good thing accomplished by our governments over the past long while.

This is, of course, wrong, for many reasons, but I don't think he's necessarily incorrect in his suggestion that revolt is part of the reason, it's just directed at the wrong target.
Maybe he could bring any of that up sometime.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Apraxin posted:

my favourite part of The Dispossessed was the lengthy digressions about jam-making and manhole covers

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

His Divine Shadow posted:

Do you think that when people are marginalized and hosed over, they will calmly and rationally sit down and research and find the true source of their problems and assing blame accordingly, or will they act irrationally and get gobbled up by populist movements and just generally gently caress things up?
If they are going to poo poo on those even more marginalized and hosed over, then gently caress them.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Forgall posted:

I... thought that was what was implied by the "brexit and associated right wing reaction across the globe is part of a general anti-establishement trend" bit?

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Jose posted:

Yeah come on seriously don't even try.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Forgall posted:

If they are going to poo poo on those even more marginalized and hosed over, then gently caress them.

That's a completely useless attitude, or is a platitude? Killing the rich is at least a platitude with a workable solution built in.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Renaissance Robot posted:

Rich resort area at the east end of Long Island, New York. A series of villages called Southampton, East Hampton, etc., collectively referred to as "The Hamptons"

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

Jose posted:

Please don't smash my fantasy of being dril.

FAUXTON posted:

Does he not realize that people see a tit whenever he shows up?

One that's been long over due to be milked.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas
So what do you reckon is going to happen tomorrow to distract us from Chilcot on Wednesday?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

David Cameron will gently caress a dead pig live on television.

Why he'd help labor I dunno but I'm not british.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That's a completely useless attitude, or is a platitude? Killing the rich is at least a platitude with a workable solution built in.

Well I mean, if it were possible to very precisely gently caress them all then I think that's a solution too, just a difficult one, as is killing the rich.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Forgall posted:

He does in his talks.

It's hard to cram that kind of nuance into a 30 second soundbite.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

EvilGenius posted:

So what do you reckon is going to happen tomorrow to distract us from Chilcot on Wednesday?

In a shocking twist, the Iraqis will launch a chemical weapons attack somewhere in London. Blair will throw his hands up and bellow to the heavens, "If only they had listened!"

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Gort posted:

Corbyn was already elected to the post of leader of the Labour party. Maybe Kinnock needs to catch up.

you know that's now what he's referring to.
people deliberately misinterpreting this again and again is as tedious as pissflaps worst

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

David Cameron will gently caress a dead pig live on television.

Feels kinda small-time considering he already hosed a live country dead on television.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Cerv posted:

you know that's now what he's referring to.
people deliberately misinterpreting this again and again is as tedious as pissflaps worst

I think possibly they are pointing out that for all the cries of "unelectable" Corbyn has far more experience winning elections than most of his detractors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

Cerebral Bore posted:

Feels kinda small-time considering he already hosed a live country dead on television.

And whoever is elected leader will have to clean the spunk.

• Locked thread