Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Serotonin posted:

Sure but do you think it warrants 2 arc nodes?

Yes. Playtesting will confirm or deny, but having an arc node that can disengage itself is pretty good esp for 8 points. The Phoenix is very good as it's a node on top of all the other things it does. Having a bit of redundancy is worthwhile given how much you want to land that spell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoboskins
Aug 31, 2006

there is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist

El Estrago Bonito posted:

If I wanted to get back in, what looks like the default stuff for Khador these days? I have a lot of random stuff but most of it is from MK1/early MKII. I'd like to use Butcher2 or Sorscha because those are the two casters I have painted up, but I do have Vlad 2, Karchev and Irusk somewhere. I'd also enjoy it if the Behemoth was at all viable since I have spent about 60 hours painting one.
Khador got a massive suite of buffs! I was one of those people who started the game by buying into Khador because I wanted to use all their cool robots. Only to be disappointed that the rules wouldn't support how I wanted to play. Now you can actually use your robots and they are all pretty ridiculous. I am actually thinking of playing them again after taking a look through the rules. It is very likely that whatever you have will work just fine. Your main problem may be that you don't have enough jacks depending on your collection. Iron flesh is very different and Behemoth is well to put it lightly bullshit, he got both a point reduction and some crazy new abilities. So go nuts! Behemoth also got a new model with a static but far less stupid looking sculpt than his original one legged dance.

Really struggling to get my head around having no character restrictions! so many choices all the time. Being a merc player under the new system must be interesting, to say the least.

Hoboskins fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jul 4, 2016

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Re: Helynna, would she be a good caster to pair with Kaelyssa?
To me it looks like this should work, since Helynna can do something about high DEF & ARM, which Kaelyssa might have problems with. And even though she likes jacks with good guns she should be able to run a list that isn't too bothered by anti-ranged tech.
But then again I still haven't gotten around to playing a game with Ret, so what do I know?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
The only dissapointment for me these days as khador is that torch does what spriggan does, for the same cost, and also other things. Naturally I own spriggan and no torch.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
I played a Journeyman league game today against the Skorne box and the dude got super salty I wouldnt let him put his titan in my face and ran an assassination against him.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

omnibobb posted:

I played a Journeyman league game today against the Skorne box and the dude got super salty I wouldnt let him put his titan in my face and ran an assassination against him.

Good poo poo.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Journeyman league report:

I took Khador. Each match I put fury on the juggernaut and tactical supremacy on the decimator, and sometimes chosen ground on kozlov.

First two matches were vs cygnar. Third against Circle, fourth against Menoth.

In each of the matches, the decimator did almost all of the work. With beat back and tactical supremacy he was able to pump two pow 15s downrange and be 14 inches away from the target at the end of it. That and my +2 speed feat meant I was dominating the threat range game and had more ranged output. Vs cygnar and menoth I was able to do significant damage by plugging away at light warjacks until he moved stuff close enough to engage. It was a little trickier with circle because of how hard they are to hit, and circle was my only loss because I forgot about admonition. So when I feated and charged in the pureblood slipped away and they ate the juggernaut alive.

Vs cygnar and menoth though, since I outthreated them with charges and range, they invariably took the alpha each game. Fury on the juggernaut is enough to kill anything in one go. I was also able to pull off a reverse biscuit on the revenger, put the juggernaut to where he was mostly behind the revenger but toed into the front arc, took a swing and was pushed back, then the rest of the swings were back arc and it died quickly.

Beth has some serious game on feat turn. The menoth caster, though? What the gently caress does he even do in a battlebox? The flamethrower and his fire spell have an additional die on damage, and that's about it for his feat. The decimator's first shot was boosted and broke the repenter's flamethrower arm anyway so kozlov was never in danger.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jul 4, 2016

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

S.J. posted:

Good poo poo.

Yeah. Him and I were the only ones playing today and 1 guy watching. He kept whining about how i kept running away until i baited his caster out.

After the game, since hes new, i gave him some advice on how he couldve played better to tie me up and he rolled his eyes at me.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

gannyGrabber posted:

The only dissapointment for me these days as khador is that torch does what spriggan does, for the same cost, and also other things. Naturally I own spriggan and no torch.

Torch is actually a point cheaper with both a point higher mat and rat...

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:

If I wanted to get back in, what looks like the default stuff for Khador these days? I have a lot of random stuff but most of it is from MK1/early MKII. I'd like to use Butcher2 or Sorscha because those are the two casters I have painted up, but I do have Vlad 2, Karchev and Irusk somewhere. I'd also enjoy it if the Behemoth was at all viable since I have spent about 60 hours painting one.

Let's see some pics of this!

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!
I like that the official response from PP thus far on the confusion on the size of walls not being defined anywhere in prime is to go with the wall sizes specified in prime.

Which, for those of you paying attention, don't exist.

:suicide:

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI

Off the top of my head things that I like so far in Mk3 Khador:

The Butchers
The Vlads
The Irusks
pZerkova
Strahkov
pSorscha

Behemoth
Juggernauts
Berserkers
Ruin

FA:U Doom Reavers
Winter Guard Rifle Corps
Winter Guard Rocketeers
Kayazy
Being able to run Brun & Lug
Reinholdt/Madelyn/Sylys being tough to choose between.

Undecided on Uhlans, Spray Ponies (pricey af), IFP and MoW. But I tend to either go Jack heavy or Doomie heavy, never really cared for any MoW other than Demo Corps who got worse, imo. Haven't really toyed with too many of our solos yet.

Honestly you could just run Juggernaut spam with some moderate support and you'd probably do well with the right casters. Destroyers with Harkevich are real now too, apparently, but I haven't gotten there yet.

EAThief
Aug 28, 2006

I swear it's not what you think

Kithkar posted:

I like that the official response from PP thus far on the confusion on the size of walls not being defined anywhere in prime is to go with the wall sizes specified in prime.

Which, for those of you paying attention, don't exist.

:suicide:

3 years!

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Hoboskins posted:

Khador got a massive suite of buffs! I was one of those people who started the game by buying into Khador because I wanted to use all their cool robots. Only to be disappointed that the rules wouldn't support how I wanted to play. Now you can actually use your robots and they are all pretty ridiculous. I am actually thinking of playing them again after taking a look through the rules. It is very likely that whatever you have will work just fine. Your main problem may be that you don't have enough jacks depending on your collection. Iron flesh is very different and Behemoth is well to put it lightly bullshit, he got both a point reduction and some crazy new abilities. So go nuts! Behemoth also got a new model with a static but far less stupid looking sculpt than his original one legged dance.

Really struggling to get my head around having no character restrictions! so many choices all the time. Being a merc player under the new system must be interesting, to say the least.

I actually own something like four heavy jack kits, Black Ivan, at least three destroyers, two berserkers, a couple juggs, and a spriggan. I'm not 100% sure what units I have, I know I have a full unit of Widowmakers, mechs and Kayazi but I'm pretty sure I have a lot more hiding somewhere. Also most of the usual solos like wardogs, snipers, journeyman, and I think I have an un-assembled Fenris somewhere in my collection as well.

fnordcircle posted:

This is good because I own them for some reason.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

behemoth is loving incredible, post the pictures

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

mp5 posted:

behemoth is loving incredible, post the pictures

I'm trying to find it TBH, I just moved and all my miniatures are wrapped in tissues and spread between four different large boxes so I'm trying to determine where I put it. It's not the greatest thing I've ever painted but it did teach me a bunch of techniques I learned from historical armor painting sources which I then used on Butcher 2 which I am infinitely more proud of.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Behemoth dropped in price and is rediculously good. So, yeah, there is that.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

What exactly was your Amon list? I played him this weekend and got loving slaughtered and I'd like more ideas to not get slaughtered.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Downside of Brun & Lug is that if you use bear hands or grab and smash (throws and headbutts both knock down), brun can't flank, since it specifies 'engaged by' and knockdown says 'cant be engaged or engage'. I really hate that ruling, hope they change their mind and let you gang / gang fighter / flank models that are knocked down or stationary.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

mp5 posted:

What exactly was your Amon list? I played him this weekend and got loving slaughtered and I'd like more ideas to not get slaughtered.

http://conflictchamber.com/#b21be-0jge0m0t0F090v1u23231Y
(Amon 1) High Allegiant Amon Ad-Raza [+29]
- Crusader [10]
- Devout [9]
- Guardian [15]
- Reckoner [16]
- Vanquisher [17]
- Vigilant [9]
- Templar [15]
Choir of Menoth (max) [6]
Vassal of Menoth [3]
Vassal of Menoth [3]
Vassal Mechanik [1]
Armory

Mostly 'how many painted heavies can I fit in 75 pts' but everything was pretty handy - the templar is a great fortify target and I jammed with it in every game, guardian is your MAT7/9 synergy starter, reckoner provides flare/ashenveil/a gun and has the longest threat, vanquisher means you're not helpless against infantry swarms, and crusader handles cleanup at POW23. Meanwhile you're surprise shield guarding with the templar/devout and keeping Amon safe with the vigilant. Armory on the vanquisher saved my butt against Cryx. The chain weapons are also great.

Someone just pointed out the Menoth forums you can throw Amon 6" or 9" with a castigator or judicator, build synergy, then forfeit Amon's combat action, advance 6" with parry (or 8" with mobility if you need it), then buy flashing blade attacks. If you're willing to risk taking a POW18+3d6 (only kills him on triple 6's if you spend focus) you can throw at an enemy target to avoid deviation. This gives him 19" of personal threat and you get to measure out to see if it's doable before you commit.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

fnordcircle posted:

Off the top of my head things that I like so far in Mk3 Khador:

The Butchers
The Vlads
The Irusks
pZerkova
Strahkov
pSorscha

Behemoth
Juggernauts
Berserkers
Ruin

FA:U Doom Reavers
Winter Guard Rifle Corps
Winter Guard Rocketeers
Kayazy
Reinholdt/Madelyn/Sylys being tough to choose between.

Undecided on Uhlans, Spray Ponies (pricey af), IFP and MoW. But I tend to either go Jack heavy or Doomie heavy, never really cared for any MoW other than Demo Corps who got worse, imo. Haven't really toyed with too many of our solos yet.

Honestly you could just run Juggernaut spam with some moderate support and you'd probably do well with the right casters. Destroyers with Harkevich are real now too, apparently, but I haven't gotten there yet.

Kodiaks are real too. Trample and vent steam for a nice big 4" LOS blocker, add in literally any movement bonuses as well. Hark lets them trample 9" up, and they repo back out of their own clouds. At mat 7 they don't really need help to hit anymore and can get technically 4 initials off of one focus, potentially knocking down 2 models in the process. Great Fury targets, but also really good with Karchev on feat turn.

Hark is also loving weird. Yesterday I played against a "Hark and Friends" list, which is hark and a bunch of characters - Ruin, Torch, Big B, Drago, Black Ivan, 2 Artillery Kapitans and Mechanics. It was loving nuts. Artillery Kapitans add +2 and rerolls on deviation for the next ranged attack, which means Broadsides - they then can activate and get the aiming bonus, or aim first and repo up 3" to broadside at +2 to hit. With his new rules he's also pretty survivable, just park him on a hill B2B with black ivan or something and you're good against most things. He played it into my Old Witch list, and despite Iron Flesh ignoring a lot of the blasts it was still really mean and I ended up losing, just way too much armor on the field and rolling snakeyes on CRA damage rolls is definitely not a good way to deal with it.

Also played against double BDIFP + kayazy + Irusk2 and I've never hated playing a list more than that. Dropping Artifice on the clumped together blob of blast-immune IFP nearest my Widowmakers is a thing. FFE on the Marksman is a literal walking nuke, esp now that Sniper ignores tough and you can just Deadly Shot anything you don't want to bother cracking arm on.

wearing a lampshade fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jul 4, 2016

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

albany academy posted:

Torch is actually a point cheaper with both a point higher mat and rat...

Aren't they both 19 points?

But yeah gently caress Torch

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Captainicus posted:

Downside of Brun & Lug is that if you use bear hands or grab and smash (throws and headbutts both knock down), brun can't flank, since it specifies 'engaged by' and knockdown says 'cant be engaged or engage'. I really hate that ruling, hope they change their mind and let you gang / gang fighter / flank models that are knocked down or stationary.

Three years of Playtesting!

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

gannyGrabber posted:

Aren't they both 19 points?

But yeah gently caress Torch

Torch is 18.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

xiw posted:

http://conflictchamber.com/#b21be-0jge0m0t0F090v1u23231Y
(Amon 1) High Allegiant Amon Ad-Raza [+29]
- Crusader [10]
- Devout [9]
- Guardian [15]
- Reckoner [16]
- Vanquisher [17]
- Vigilant [9]
- Templar [15]
Choir of Menoth (max) [6]
Vassal of Menoth [3]
Vassal of Menoth [3]
Vassal Mechanik [1]
Armory

Mostly 'how many painted heavies can I fit in 75 pts' but everything was pretty handy - the templar is a great fortify target and I jammed with it in every game, guardian is your MAT7/9 synergy starter, reckoner provides flare/ashenveil/a gun and has the longest threat, vanquisher means you're not helpless against infantry swarms, and crusader handles cleanup at POW23. Meanwhile you're surprise shield guarding with the templar/devout and keeping Amon safe with the vigilant. Armory on the vanquisher saved my butt against Cryx. The chain weapons are also great.

Someone just pointed out the Menoth forums you can throw Amon 6" or 9" with a castigator or judicator, build synergy, then forfeit Amon's combat action, advance 6" with parry (or 8" with mobility if you need it), then buy flashing blade attacks. If you're willing to risk taking a POW18+3d6 (only kills him on triple 6's if you spend focus) you can throw at an enemy target to avoid deviation. This gives him 19" of personal threat and you get to measure out to see if it's doable before you commit.

Actually, the only time a throw deviates is if you attempt to target a model and miss. If you just throw directly away, there's no deviation.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
They somehow written Exemplar Bastions Sanguine Bond ability worse as well. I'm pretty sure I know what they intend, but the way that it is written if you have 1 model take 5 damage you can choose to pass one point of damage to one model and only end up taking 1 point of damage. I'm guessing this isn't intended?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

xiw posted:

CAMONBAAAAALLLLLLLL

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

Magres posted:

CAMONBAAAAALLLLLLLL

:golfclap:

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
Paint swim trunks on him and replace his spiky hurty ball with a nice beach ball.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

gannyGrabber posted:

A few weeks ago the Spriggan was the only non-character Khador jack I'd see outside of gimmick lists. Illustrates how much was wrong with warjacks pretty well, I guess.

LordAba posted:

They somehow written Exemplar Bastions Sanguine Bond ability worse as well. I'm pretty sure I know what they intend, but the way that it is written if you have 1 model take 5 damage you can choose to pass one point of damage to one model and only end up taking 1 point of damage. I'm guessing this isn't intended?
Haha, this is beautiful. Bastions are just a blob of accidental Ancient Shroud. :allears:

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

LordAba posted:

I tried reading Sanguine Bond to get this result and I can't do it. I can see how you can misunderstand it this way but that doesn't make it RAW.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

GoodBee posted:

I tried reading Sanguine Bond to get this result and I can't do it. I can see how you can misunderstand it this way but that doesn't make it RAW.
It seems pretty straightforward to me, as far as RAW lawyering goes:

When this model would suffer damage from an enemy attack while in formation, you can choose one or more models in its unit within 3˝ of it to suffer any amount of that damage instead, divided as you choose.
If you do, this model does not suffer that damage. A model cannot suffer more damage as a result of Sanguine Bond than it has unmarked damage boxes.

Could have been avoided with cleaner language than calling what's clearly intended to be first the damage total and then the shunted damage both "that damage", but as it is it's an easy case to make. One that nobody is going to take seriously, of course, but still.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Wizard Styles posted:

It seems pretty straightforward to me, as far as RAW lawyering goes:

When this model would suffer damage from an enemy attack while in formation, you can choose one or more models in its unit within 3˝ of it to suffer any amount of that damage instead, divided as you choose.
If you do, this model does not suffer that damage. A model cannot suffer more damage as a result of Sanguine Bond than it has unmarked damage boxes.

Could have been avoided with cleaner language than calling what's clearly intended to be first the damage total and then the shunted damage both "that damage", but as it is it's an easy case to make. One that nobody is going to take seriously, of course, but still.

Exactly. Saying "If you do, this model does not suffer the damage that was suffered by another models." would have made it more clear. Otherwise "that damage" would both be shorthand for "damage from an enemy attack". Which is absolutely how I initially read it since that is how English usually works.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!
The ongoing Walls problem is making me mad. Apparently prime refers to the Basic Training guide from the battleboxes that 90% of people probably threw out, and the wall template in there is 1/4th an inch shorter than the wall templates we have been using for forever, for reasons.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

GEMorris posted:

Three years of Playtesting!

Is there somewhere to leave feedback for the current playtest?

I just noticed the way Prowl is written grants stealth for positioning near hedges, but not walls.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

moths posted:

Is there somewhere to leave feedback for the current playtest?

Your feedback will be met with "ummm, yeah, we play tested it that way the whole time, yup, this is exactly what we intended to happen, we don't make mistakes"

But in your cited case, prowl has always worked that way (happening with concealment not cover) even though it's never been particularly logical.

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
I am not sure which will be more shocking: If they don't errata it or if they errata it anytime within the next 6 months.

I think they're worried about all the cards that might have to be replaced and the playerbase flipping out this close to release being some serious egg on their face, so they're doubling down on the 'working as intended' bs. But I can totally see them coming out with some dumb double speak about why they need to errata it sometime later in the year.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

A certain amount of abstraction is necessary in a miniature game.

I'd be amazed if the gang/etc poo poo remained unchanged though.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

fnordcircle posted:

I am not sure which will be more shocking: If they don't errata it or if they errata it anytime within the next 6 months.

I think they're worried about all the cards that might have to be replaced and the playerbase flipping out this close to release being some serious egg on their face, so they're doubling down on the 'working as intended' bs. But I can totally see them coming out with some dumb double speak about why they need to errata it sometime later in the year.

This release seems odd compared to the MKII. Granted, MKII did a lot more to change the game, but it felt like it was not only launched better but the lead up time to it was longer and had more going for it. Maybe that's the rose tinted glasses....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I figured as much, but they missed an opportunity to fix it.