Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Tatumje posted:

Boston late show has an incredible segment with the Time Keeper. This one for sure deserves a top spot in the Best Ofs this year.

It seriously is. I just relistened to it to confirm Neil Campbel's genius. I love hearing Lauren Lapkiss just lose it.

I wish it had been filmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Lmao the title of Scott's Deadpool/Spider-Man comic is a call sheet joke. He tweeted out the first couple pages.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Lmao the title of Scott's Deadpool/Spider-Man comic is a call sheet joke. He tweeted out the first couple pages.

http://reillybrown.tumblr.com/post/146366735155/exclusive-preview-spider-man-deadpool-6 a directions in LA joke, scale pay...it's a masterpiece.

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jun 23, 2016

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Pivotal scene in tonight's Game of Thrones finale where a character gets stabbed to death by orphans.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Saw your post before the scene and it totally ruined it because I so wanted the victim to try and remember K.N.I.F.E.G.R.A.B.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

This Jessica McKenna character is an early front-runner for worst character of 2016.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
How is the episode otherwise? I mean, it's cool that Bruun is a fan of CBB and all. But he wasn't much of a presence on his previous episodes, and even if he was I don't really need 3 episodes in a year with him.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

feedmyleg posted:

How is the episode otherwise? I mean, it's cool that Bruun is a fan of CBB and all. But he wasn't much of a presence on his previous episodes, and even if he was I don't really need 3 episodes in a year with him.

eh

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I love Scott's completely arbitrary contempt for Murdoch Mysteries. "So, watch that, it's called Matlock..." "This is a kids' show? This is for dumbshits and kids."

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

feedmyleg posted:

JethroMcB posted:

I love Scott's completely arbitrary contempt for Murdoch Mysteries. "So, watch that, it's called Matlock..." "This is a kids' show? This is for dumbshits and kids."

I enjoyed the episode, it felt very much like a Scott and Mantzoukas episodes but with Scott playing the Mantzoukas part.

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

I'm late to the game, but I finally signed up for the Howl.fm free trial and am going through the CBB live episodes. Barely a half hour into the first show and this is pretty fricken awesome. https://howl-rss.128.io/shows is a lifesaver, working like a charm so I can listen to the episodes on through podcast addict and not the lovely official app.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Murdoch Mysteries didn't even register to me when I was reading you people talking about it, but as soon as he said it it hit me and I started cracking up just at the mention of it.

The prime minister had a cameo on it :shobon:

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

feedmyleg posted:

I thought it got much better when Zeke Nicholson entered in the next segment. He's the funniest guy on a rare all-black UCBLA team called White Women.

"Bone as them shits in the ground, Queef as in a pussy fart"

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Now that's a great plugs theme.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Today's ep is crazy good. Go listen to it.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
If you haven't been watching the TV show, Mike O'Brien had a really funny segment in the latest episode. It was so stupid in the best way.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

The poem was no iBrain but I did enjoy Brett Gelman cracking up at the lady implying that god will one day commit suicide while still in his dour depressed bit.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Eel hovercraft posted:

Today's ep is crazy good. Go listen to it.

I adore the "Scott hates Bret" canon and this is one of the best. The note wasn't perfect, but everything around it was transcendent.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Brett Gelman's written material on CBB is the one thing that has consistently made me lose my poo poo a work.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

crimedog posted:

Brett Gelman's written material on CBB is the one thing that has consistently made me lose my poo poo a work.

I can literally remember where I was when I first heard iBrain. It and Victors podcast are the two funniest moments in audio history.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Apparently they've finally got the ad free archives of CBB up on Howl and they'll be removing all episodes older than 6 months from the Earwolf site/iTunes in a week (idk if they mentioned this on the most recent episode, I haven't listened yet)

Here's the confusing explanation if you forgot how it works

earwolf posted:

What happens when a show goes ad-free?

When a show becomes ad-free in Howl for premium members, the archives will eventually be de-published from iTunes and Earwolf.com. Archives in this context are any episode of a show that is older than 6 months. But before a show’s archives are de-published, it will be announced here in advance.

What does this mean for me?

IF YOU ARE A HOWL PREMIUM MEMBER – Once an Earwolf show goes ad-free for Howl premium, episodes that are older than 6 WEEKS will have NO ADS when logged in as premium. The 6 most recent weeks will have ads regardless of your premium status. This is due to our contracts with advertisers. But once an episode is older than 6 WEEKS, it will be ad-free for you in Howl.

IF YOU ARE NOT A HOWL PREMIUM MEMBER – Once an Earwolf show goes ad-free for Howl premium, any episode that is older than 6 MONTHS will no longer be available. Once an episode becomes 6 MONTHS old, it will be removed from iTunes and Earwolf. But the most recent 6 MONTHS worth of episodes will always be available to you, with ads, in the same places they have always been.

Still confused? Here are two handy tables:

http://forum.earwolf.com/topic/34575-announcement-re-howl-earwolf-ad-free-archives-please-read/

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Ad-full.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Huh, for some reason I was under the impression that it was 6 weeks. 6 months is much more reasonable. It's just inconvenient for me since I like to randomly download old eps in Pocketcasts when I run out of new stuff to listen to. Hopefully one of those unofficial streams will make that easy still.

Still interested in how they're going to handle HH or Spont since the ads are part of the fun for those.

Now if only they'd do a improv-only edit of I4H...

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Still hate this :(

Just two days ago I was scouring through old RSS episodes to link a specific timestamp of Hayes as Ira Glass on reality show show, which is absolutely older than 6 months. It takes out all the social sharing aspects of podcasts, plus having only one (terrible) source to navigate episode descriptions in.
That I can then only share with friends who already subscribe

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Yup, it's dumb and not going to help grow an audience for the more established podcasts. I remember Hollywood Handbook sarcastically praising this as a feature.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
They specifically had guests on who had been on over 6 months ago and made in-jokes about that episode so people have to go to howl to get the joke. (Though at the time, and currently still, the full hh catalogue is still free)

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

A lot of podcasts remove their archives, though. It's annoying, but not unheard of, and it's clearly gone well enough for other shows to set a precedent.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

A lot of podcasts remove their archives, though. It's annoying, but not unheard of, and it's clearly gone well enough for other shows to set a precedent.

WTF and Pardcast both being good instances where the archive is pay-to-listen.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Zsinjeh posted:

They specifically had guests on who had been on over 6 months ago and made in-jokes about that episode so people have to go to howl to get the joke. (Though at the time, and currently still, the full hh catalogue is still free)

"This show's format now is going to be bringing back old guests and talking about things from episodes older than six months, so you have to go back and subscribe to get it."
"And that's not something that Earwolf asked us to do, it's not something they didn't ask us to do. It's something they insisted. That. We. Do."

I'm not broken up about archives moving behind a paywall, I just wish that the only way to access that paywall wasn't so crappy.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Still would make more financial sense to build a tool to allow you to insert new ads into old episodes. Sell archive ads at a reduced rate or whatever.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It wouldn't even be hard. I wrote a one page php script that randomises 50 WAV files (the Amen break, sliced up) then joins them together into a single file. It took a few hours and I suck at scripting. Could use exactly the same principle - check to see the last time the episode was built, if more than X days ago just make a new one with current ads and serve.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

EL BROMANCE posted:

It wouldn't even be hard. I wrote a one page php script that randomises 50 WAV files (the Amen break, sliced up) then joins them together into a single file. It took a few hours and I suck at scripting. Could use exactly the same principle - check to see the last time the episode was built, if more than X days ago just make a new one with current ads and serve.

This is a company that can't figure out how to make their paywall require paying

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
I'd love the option to buy supercuts of my favourite characters. Just imagine eight uninterrupted hours of Lil' Gary's dulcet tones :allears:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Golden Bee posted:

This is a company that can't figure out how to make their paywall require paying

Touché

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Impressionists are all obnoxious, especially ones who can't do impressions.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

PerilPastry posted:

I'd love the option to buy supercuts of my favourite characters. Just imagine eight uninterrupted hours of Lil' Gary's dulcet tones :allears:

http://youtu.be/q71ep8OzYgY

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Hoo-boy, tequila as featured in Entourage? A new sponsor low for the first time in a while.

e: Little Buttonpuss is back. So pumped.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jul 4, 2016

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

feedmyleg posted:

Hoo-boy, tequila as featured in Entourage? A new sponsor low for the first time in a while.

e: Little Buttonpuss is back. So pumped.

I hope they never stop, just to hear Aukerman try to finish the ad copy every week.

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:
I'm really enjoying Dana Carvey this is a good episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It'll be kind of bizarre if they actually do rope Dana Carvey into doing a Seeso show + a podcast for Earwolf