Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slam Pajamas
May 21, 2007
ALL TEXT TITLE ALL-STARS
Bring back Mayor Wilkins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994
Can I use this opportunity to ask for a RPG backstory for your posting persona space on the user pages?

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
I'd work hard as a mod, especially if it means being more productive than deadmau5 who did jack loving poo poo on his first day at the job.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
I've had an actual woman pm me before when I bought a stuff toy platypus for a young relative.

She has a bird in a hat AV and I loved birds in hats so I always make a mental note of seeing it

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

reported.

also went through every page and made sure i found every person who quoted this and reported them also

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

thathonkey posted:

reported.

also went through every page and made sure i found every person who quoted this and reported them also

I didn't get the memo that pic was no longer funny now.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

plain blue jacket posted:

I've had an actual woman pm me before when I bought a stuff toy platypus for a young relative.

She has a bird in a hat AV and I loved birds in hats so I always make a mental note of seeing it

did you seal the deal?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm going to mod GBS!

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

thathonkey posted:

reported.

Oh dear, it seems we've done double work :ohdear:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Friendly Humour posted:

I'm going to mod GBS!

Well done, congrats

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Friendly Humour posted:

I'm going to mod GBS!

lmao who the gently caress are you buddo

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

thathonkey posted:

lmao who the gently caress are you buddo

That's lmao who the gently caress are you sir

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i was part of the whole Windows 98 robomod conspiracy too along with Gilglaxion and Applewhite

he PMed me asking for DNA samples of the original Jon Pop (The Pop you probably know is a clone). I keep the original frozen in my posting laboratory for studying purposes on what makes the perfect poster. I woke up this morning to a trashed lab with my cadaver of Richard Gamingo stolen because I don't think Windows knew Jp was black

do not let Windows 98 into your secret labs

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Friendly Humour posted:

I'm going to mod GBS!

im sorry but since you talked about modding gbs you cannot mod gbs

better luck next time!!!

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
windows millennial edition

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Friendly Humour posted:

I'm going to mod GBS!

goongrats

Putty posted:

i was part of the whole Windows 98 robomod conspiracy too along with Gilglaxion and Applewhite

he PMed me asking for DNA samples of the original Jon Pop (The Pop you probably know is a clone). I keep the original frozen in my posting laboratory for studying purposes on what makes the perfect poster. I woke up this morning to a trashed lab with my cadaver of Richard Gamingo stolen because I don't think Windows knew Jp was black

is there anyone who posts more than three times a week that he hadn't bragged at in the guise of asking for a favor?

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jul 4, 2016

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Glasgow Kiss posted:

windows millennial edition

don't steal my joke, that's the only one I've got.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the perfect mod for gbs is somebody who did not express any interest in doing it, has never thought about modding before, and in fact is not even a member of the SA forums yet

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Putty posted:

Will Windows 98's mad powerlust ever cease?

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Poetic Justice posted:

Has there ever been a community voted mod? Seems like it would work better since the community of active posters probably are more familiar with the other posters, as long as it doesn't just become a popularity contest, which I don't think it would.

this is basically what happened with gnarly, aswbm and genesplicer; gnarly was a congenial, popular poster before becoming mod while aswbm basically made his name challenging franco (the greatest badmod) to a fistfight, while I couldn't find anyone who would have said a bad word about gene before he became the overbearing mod he is today

if it's not patently obvious already the office corrupts all it touches and all who desire it and turns poster against poster

ANIME IS BLOOD fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jul 4, 2016

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.

Junior Jr. posted:

don't steal my joke, that's the only one I've got.

can we share it? i'll let you have custody every other weekend.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
you cant silence a martyr
free the pms

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
*in the voice of an extremely sexy person who knows what they want and how to get it*

I want to mod GBS for free.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

goongrats

is there anyone who posts more than three times a week that he hadn't bragged at in the guise of asking for a favor?

he hasn't bragged at me but then again i do a day of solid posting and then i dont post for like 5 days

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

this is basically what happened with gnarly, aswbm and genesplicer; gnarly was a congenial, popular poster before becoming mod while aswbm basically made his name challenging franco (the greatest badmod) to a fistfight, while I couldn't find anyone who would have said a bad word about gene before he became the overbearing mod he is today

if it's not patently obvious already the office corrupts all it touches and all who desire it and turns poster against poster

Maybe make it like war tours and once there is a stable group of likeable good mods, rotate them in and out once a month or something. I could see how even the most laid back reasonable person could get frustrated over time.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

I guess that's why they decided to try someone everyone hated instead.

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

ban hammers now should be called banshovels

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Make Gnarlyhotep mod again. Only he who does not want to Mod should be a Mod.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

thathonkey posted:

the perfect mod for gbs is somebody who did not express any interest in doing it, has never thought about modding before, and in fact is not even a member of the SA forums yet

which actually described LadyAmbien to a tee

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Glasgow Kiss posted:

50/50

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

mod of gbs is a cursed position

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

which actually described LadyAmbien to a tee

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Glasgow Kiss posted:

ban hammers now should be called banshovels

dont infringe on my patent

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

It'd be interesting to see how the behind the scenes stuff works, but no way in hell would I be a mod.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Poetic Justice posted:

Maybe make it like war tours and once there is a stable group of likeable good mods, rotate them in and out once a month or something. I could see how even the most laid back reasonable person could get frustrated over time.

maybe even only a week.... and only give them the power to give six-hour probations... hm it might just work

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

sounds good. i want to take it camping this weekend. may I?

Putty posted:

dont infringe on my patent

see

Glasgow Kiss posted:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

for gbs i reckon 2-4 permanent mods (until they show signs of wearing out, then replace them as needed) and a swarm of 8 IKs all drawn from different time zones that change fortnightly or monthly or whatever

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Nostratic posted:

It'd be interesting to see how the behind the scenes stuff works, but no way in hell would I be a mod.

i'd like to be a mod but the only thing i'd do would be to open up a sticky for a "post in here for a 6 hour probe" thread because isaia did that in byob and it fuckin owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Glasgow Kiss posted:

sounds good. i want to take it camping this weekend. may I?

it's on curfew, I want it back home by 9 on sunday.

• Locked thread