Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
gently caress YEAH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Helical Nightmares posted:

gently caress you guys I love my Rask :colbert:

(not a numbers cruncher like NinjaDebugger and Somefool. Advice on improving always nice)

If you're using her for PVE, this is fine.

If you want to make her as nuts as possible, try pulling for a good necklace set, I like Yellow Ranger at 1 star, because it's sword/armor/brooch and gives a bunch of dodge and mastery, so you often don't need another necklace to hit 100%.

Beyond that, for PVE, grabbing confuse and/or stun immune is excellent, charm less so. There's not a lot of charm in PVE, and what there is is low chance, so you can devote that to critting or defense if you feel like it, but confuse and stun are everygoddamnwhere, and 14% immunity isn't nearly enough.

Barring Yellow Ranger or another necklace set, you can look at hitting Ketarh Apprentice, which will give her another 24 MP and 3 MP regen as a club/armor/brooch, or Born Assassin, which will pump crit even higher.

At 2 star, replacing the baby daso with the pretty easily obtainable Serial Killer is an easy way to bump your effectiveness further, especially since all it costs you is a bit of Raskreia's pretty good defense.

And this should go without saying, but baby Klein is fine, but if you have a chance, upgrading her to real Klein is mandatory unless you're using it on somebody better for BOH.

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011

NinjaDebugger posted:

Anybody in Overflowtax who wants one of those four slots, pop out and post your name in here.

Sure, I'll jump. I'll bring a mil+change every day before keys so, not incredible but I'll help. Name is twistedeye, 24 hour wait period is go

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I could've sworn I did it yesterday. Sorry everyone. I got caught up in the 100% location grind and xcom.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!
I normally wouldn't since I'm still grinding out my expedition level, but is it worth trying pulls for the Beast Rain Project Prototype set? I have the accessory, or I wouldn't even ask.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Hodgepodge posted:

I normally wouldn't since I'm still grinding out my expedition level, but is it worth trying pulls for the Beast Rain Project Prototype set? I have the accessory, or I wouldn't even ask.

Unless you have enough to do something like 10x 10x pulls, I wouldn't bother. SS sets are extremely rare and you're pretty much playing with RNG.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!

Somefool posted:

Unless you have enough to do something like 10x 10x pulls, I wouldn't bother. SS sets are extremely rare and you're pretty much playing with RNG.

The really unfortunate thing is, somewhere out there is a whale with that many crystals and an un-maxed expedition.

e; okay, which of you is greeting people as "m'lady" in ch.0?

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Well, I'm just a free player so I have no hopes of completing more than the DB and event sets.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Well, I'm just a free player so I have no hopes of completing more than the DB and event sets.

Luckily for you, this is not actually true. You're probably not going to get into the top 50 of Battle of Honor, but top 1% is doable with a little luck, a lot of skill, and good character builds, and you'll definitely be able to do all of both towers before too long. Especially if you keep buying all the event coocoos. Seriously, don't neglect those, each one is nearly a free day of almost max level coocoos.

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011
Really digging Muzaka soloing both Chennys, letting me level some 3- and 4-star heroes quick cheap and easy

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

So right now my Chenny strat is:

Turn 0: turn off auto battle, also on all enemy turns.
Turn 1: hellfire, move krut onto defense tile, hit auto.
Turn 2: move krut as far forward as possible, hit auto.
Turn 3: move krut onto the Lord skill potion, auto.
Turn 4: use kruts 3rd skill which hits both chennys, auto, ai uses 3rd skill at start of next turn, which kills both Chennys.

Anyone know of a faster way? Or a full auto strategy?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Twisted Eye posted:

Sure, I'll jump. I'll bring a mil+change every day before keys so, not incredible but I'll help. Name is twistedeye, 24 hour wait period is go

Dershiva's out, I sent you an invite.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Vincent Valentine posted:

Unless you have a full 5* team capable of one shotting all the spawning monsters, manual is the only way to go. If you can't kill the monsters in one hit, your AI will be stuck camping the monster spawn points.

If the grind is too much, your aim is to really just max her 1st and 3rd skill. Get her 2nd and 4th skill up to level 5-7 and you're fine. Although I would try to max her 2nd skill since she's very good in paper coocoo dungeon.

PhrenzZ
Dec 26, 2012

I auto Chenny with Jack/Muzaka/Raskreia/Seira/Carrot in that order. I'm confident the middle 3 could be swapped out for just about any damage dealers (ranged preferred), so long as they can 1-2 shot the adds. With this strat Jack tends to ignore the adds and move forward to kill the Chennys while the rest of the crew cleans up adds and sometimes kills them fast enough to go help Jack. This does rely on your team being 5* and Jack being able to take hits from the second Chenny after the first one dies.

Dershiva
Jun 8, 2001

My spoon is too big
Fun Shoe

NinjaDebugger posted:

Man, and I was just coming to guild raid.

Sorry about being absent, had someone couch surfing at my place and things were hectic.

If a spot opens back up I'd like to get in one of the guilds.

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011

NinjaDebugger posted:

Cheers, thanks.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Dershiva posted:

Man, and I was just coming to guild raid.

Sorry about being absent, had someone couch surfing at my place and things were hectic.

If a spot opens back up I'd like to get in one of the guilds.

There ARE three other people I can boot, so w/e, Feldyn's out instead.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I'm still playing, it's just that I haven't been very dedicated to raiding because I'm not that big into the launch batch of soul gear; I was hoping/gonna wait for them to release some that improve more underused units before I dedicate any significant time to them.

Don't worry about making guild room, I'l just ask when they release a new soul gear batch.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Neurolimal posted:

I'm still playing, it's just that I haven't been very dedicated to raiding because I'm not that big into the launch batch of soul gear; I was hoping/gonna wait for them to release some that improve more underused units before I dedicate any significant time to them.

Don't worry about making guild room, I'l just ask when they release a new soul gear batch.

The thing about that tactic is it's self defeating. If you stockpile the resources now, it means you'll be able to drop them to insta-level soul gear when you finally see ones you want.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

NinjaDebugger posted:

The thing about that tactic is it's self defeating. If you stockpile the resources now, it means you'll be able to drop them to insta-level soul gear when you finally see ones you want.

Well, I already have a soul gear scroll and 200 soul piece things, and I'm going to get in on this event.

Not until I get Robo Rooster, though.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Neurolimal posted:

Well, I already have a soul gear scroll and 200 soul piece things, and I'm going to get in on this event.

Not until I get Robo Rooster, though.

200 soul gems per day over the course of the event is like 4000 soul gems, which is essentially worthless. A single complete scroll costs 60,000 soul gems.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Not to mention the hundreds of thousands it'll take you to level that soul gear.

I have Bearmans weapon at level six, I can't tell you how badly I wish I had like 200k more to level it. It's so drat good, and soul shards come so slowly.

P.s. Bearman with soul fist owns. Highly recommend it. I wish there was a way to reduce his maximum mana so he could make use of it in raids.

Vincent Valentine fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jul 4, 2016

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

NinjaDebugger posted:

200 soul gems per day over the course of the event is like 4000 soul gems, which is essentially worthless. A single complete scroll costs 60,000 soul gems.

I meant the one-time stuff, not the daily gems. I read the thread of course.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

P.s. Bearman with soul fist owns. Highly recommend it. I wish there was a way to reduce his maximum mana so he could make use of it in raids.

Block off all cardinal directions on the boss. His 2nd skill doesn't have diagonal range, so he's forced to use his first skill every other turn.

Also, LET ME TELL YOU HOW I LOST 2 PVP MATCHES BECAUSE I DRAINED THE ENEMY BEARMAN OF ALL HIS MP.

I got punched to death by perma stun.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

He... should be able to alternate it, at least, but that puts him on the same schedule as Mu, unless you can pull off delaying him for a turn. His second skill can't hit diagonals, so if you can get him to not attack turn 1, and lock him onto a diagonal turn 2, he should use his first skill opposite Mu and let you have a 95% stun on her off turn.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!

Not to mention the hundreds of thousands it'll take you to level that soul gear.

I have Bearmans weapon at level six, I can't tell you how badly I wish I had like 200k more to level it. It's so drat good, and soul shards come so slowly.

I've put mine on Bearman and Jenny so far. Probably going to put the event one on Chenny to ignore more armor.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Finished ToD for the month.

Sets from finishing:
4* Ketarh's Secret
3* Tiger Claw Tribe Guardian

Decent sets. Not the greatest, but it's not the worst. Really wish I could pull a good S rank set from doing this.

This month's ToD Hard is surprisingly easy. You can actually just brute force your way across most floors. The boss floors were also really easy except for a couple. I would say if you don't have Yeka yet, try to aim for her this month because you don't need a huge hero variety to complete it.

Heroes you need this month:
Krut
Muzaka
Jack
Serendi
Bearman
Gillan/Raboff
2 strong heroes with 4-5 attack range

You actually don't need Lena to clear any of the floors this month. She can still be useful if you have her.

I can only recall 2 floors with the ignore all damage except vs type gimmick. One floor only took damage from scissor heroes and an other from rock only. Those are piss easy.

Hardest floors are probably 60, 65, and 70 if you don't have strong heroes to just push through it. If you can get past floor 70, you should be able to reach the top easily. Floor 70 is probably the hardest floor because you actually do need range heroes capable of killing off monsters with 500k+ HP in 2-3 turns. The game actually pulls a dick move on this floor because you have to kill EVERYTHING in order to clear it. Usually these floors only require the boss to die only. Floor 85 can be hard if you don't 5 sets of well optimized gear.

The other boss floors are really easy if you have self sustaining damage tanks like Krut and Muza. If you don't have either of those heroes or aren't skilled up, well things might be a bit harder because having a hero who can tank and deal damage is insanely good. Having both will make things a lot easier.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
So is it possible to even kill the weapon bosses? Or is it just assumed they self destruct or go back to sleep or something after you fight them?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

So is it possible to even kill the weapon bosses? Or is it just assumed they self destruct or go back to sleep or something after you fight them?

They're completely unkillable. All you're doing is forcing them to exert themselves so bad they destroy their current host and go back to sleep. Dumb people just keep sneaking in to obtain magic weapons.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Somefool posted:

Hardest floors are probably 60, 65, and 70 if you don't have strong heroes to just push through it. If you can get past floor 70, you should be able to reach the top easily. Floor 70 is probably the hardest floor because you actually do need range heroes capable of killing off monsters with 500k+ HP in 2-3 turns. The game actually pulls a dick move on this floor because you have to kill EVERYTHING in order to clear it. Usually these floors only require the boss to die only. Floor 85 can be hard if you don't 5 sets of well optimized gear.

Floor 70's the reinforcements floor, right? That's not unusual, every single reinforcements floor has required you to kill everything at once, or face all the reinforcements. Previous versions have included a bunch of wolves plus a succession of giant evil Kai, up to 5 of the goddamn facemelting things. This one caps out at two abyss dragons, which is surprisingly brute forceable.

Finished the hard tower. it's definitely a good month to get to the top, especially if you have Persona. 110 isn't as absurdly easy as last month's 110, but the persona strat is hilarious and effective as long as your Persona can take some hits.

Incidentally, unlike easy tower, hard barfed up a good set, Iron Wall. Defender only, sword/shield/brooch, +8k HP and +10% Defense.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jul 4, 2016

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

70 is a lovely damage race floor. You have 4 laser cannons that one shots you and you're forced to run across the map. The map is forcing you to do a U-turn by clearing one side then running to the other when the lasers reach the end. The biggest problem is that you cannot reach the final platform before the 18 turns are up, so you need to have heroes with range of 4-5 to snipe the other side in the first few turns.

85 is the reinforcement floor where you have to kill the spawning boss in 3 turns otherwise more copies appear.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Was kind of late to the guild raid today, got third in guild! Pretty happy with that.

101st guild place, though. Just barely not enough to get top 100 :smith:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!

Was kind of late to the guild raid today, got third in guild! Pretty happy with that.

101st guild place, though. Just barely not enough to get top 100 :smith:

I have a ton of Keys, so I can burn two a day for an extra few million points if it helps.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i applied to overflowtax as thebestalive.

baram. fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jul 5, 2016

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Two things:

first, I just realized that my merc has been my awful Deborah for who knows how long, I changed it to my much better(but not incredible) Krut.

Second, if you're in swdoflowtax don't forget to take Ninja's valkyrie into guild raid. Check the daily buff requirements and get as many as you can with units that will die, then just let her run until the 50 turns run out, that'll get us a cool million or so points

Raticus79
Oct 21, 2015
Sent out some friend requests. I'm Raticus79 in game, just getting started on 5 star. Already have a guild but I'll try to keep a useful merc available.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Help... :suicide:

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

That's my life rn with 2 star units. Also got just shy of 3 million today for guild stuff. Gob bless merka and all that

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Minor July updates to OP.

NinjaDebugger posted:

hitting Ketarh Apprentice,

:toot: Moved to piece Ketarh Apprentice onto Raskreia. With the +24 mp for two consecutive level 3 attacks things are noticeably easier in PvP

Just got a second piece of Crusader's Light (4*; increase aggro by %31). Slapping that onto my Bearman who has Unyielding Champion (2*, reflect 20% of damage taken). :getin:

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Jul 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
So if I understand the secret hour event, you need to login in between 1am and 2am PST on Friday (7/8/2016) to get 10,000 soul stones.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/fantasy-war-tactics/the-secret-of-on-time-hour/1770129819867996

If that is the case, RIP EST

• Locked thread