Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

fnox posted:

• Who the gently caress is the programmer girl? Why is she an 8 year old child? Wasn't there a group of hackers that Shadaloo hired to code something about the moons, if so, where did they go? Why is programming the moons so difficult nobody at Shadaloo can do it? What's her loving name?
  • How did they build the moons and put them in orbit in the first place? How come nobody noticed up until now? How do they augment psycho power? Is it really just channeling negativity from the world to give power to everyone Bison desires to give power to?
  • Who in the world is the researcher that is Rashid's friend? Is she his love interest? How do they know each other? What is even her loving name?
  • Why did they literally leave the base and then go back? Was that really necessary? I mean it's not like they were losing the fight.
  • What's the point of the McGuffin chess piece things? Why are they there? How did the hackers know who to send them to?
  • What the gently caress does C.H.A.I.N.S stand for?
  • What is Necalli even trying to do? Did he even get to devour ONE soul? Since when is he some liquid thing? Like, what the gently caress wasn't he advertised as the main villain? He just gets beat up all the time.
  • Did Laura even get to do anything?

[*]Little programmer girl was another kidnapped hacker forced to work on operation CHAINS; she actually appears in Chun Li's 3S endings I think. I think they also imply that she may have autism based on her talking about not being able to interact with people, but that's just me guessing.
[*]From the individual stories I think the idea is that Shadaloo kidnapped a bunch of scientists and hackers to build and create the Moons (think Tony Stark in the first Iron Man movie but if the bad guys had way more funding due to Shadaloo's drug money, among other things. I imagine they launched them into space and started from there. And yeah, I guess the implication is that human emotion feeds into Psycho Power, and aside from Bison it also makes their jobber soldiers to the Dolls to even clone bodies like Abel go nuts and be more powerful.
[*]No idea; the only reason we never saw her, I imagine, is so Capcom reveals she isn't dead at some point? IDK, that was a weird plot point that they never really addressed, especially consider the amount of effort they put into stuff like Peter or the Dolls.
[*]No real reason other than it wasn't time for the story to end, I guess.
[*]The hackers made them as a way to prevent CHAINS from working, and since SIN hosted the tournament in SF4 they were probably familiar with the major fighters, and since this is Street Fighter and someone like Karin is considered a major power, it may have made sense to spread them around the world for powerful fighters to take care of. That's just a guess, though.
[*]Probably nothing other than an excuse to use the word.
[*]He's been doing the mud thing since his individual story that gives some of his background as a soul-consuming warrior spirit, and yeah they really underused him (unless Capcom plans for the story to continue past Shadow Falls)
[*]She beat up some Shadaloo goons and was with the rest of the World Warriors when the base was exploding, and that's about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Here are the SFV spoilers

-Necalli shows up and gets beaten by Ryu figuring out how to punch a butterfly
-Ibuki and Mika bitch at each other the entire game and are tiresome
-Balrog, Vega, and Ed do nothing
-Juri drives a motorcycle across the ocean and wants to have a threesome with Cammy and Decapre
-Urien's there
-Nash was supposed to do stuff, but then Capcom was like "RYU'S THE MAIN CHARACTER HE HAS TO BEAT BISON" so his self sacrifice meant nothing
-Guile's there
-Chun is there despite the fact she is according to 3S Urien supposed to be the one who brought down Shadaloo
-Fang is the only one having fun
-Ken is there and does a thing in front of Sean which doesn't really wow him like his tutelage under Ken later is supposed to turn out
-Laura is there
-Alex is there
-Dhalsim says words to Ryu
-Bison fights people and smiles
-Rashid is the only one who does anything or has a character and the person who's super important to him has no name by which he identifies them with so he constantly just refers to her as "My friend" or "You" even when speaking to himself
-The Dolls are jobbers and Cammy doesn't really do anything to help Decapre's situation, the one who removes the mind controlling is loving Rashid

That's it that's the whole story

Oh and Gill shows up and Helen's face looks atrocious and she's apparently Gill's secretary that almost no one actually knew the name of or even remembered and the big twist is she's been russian the whole game for some reason? Wtf. Also why is the big revealing shot that Gill hits her with ice and then her hair and clothes change?

Also Gill is spelled with one l now because Capcom is trying to correct the names of characters

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

im rashid of the turbulent wind

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Rashid of the turdbulent wind, more like

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

私は逆巻く風のラシード-さま

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jul 4, 2016

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Baal posted:

-Juri drives a motorcycle across the ocean and wants to have a threesome with Cammy and Decapre

Same.

Also Karin is the most competent fucker ever.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

replace all the sfv story art with this. Not this artstyle, this picture.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
this is real important guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAgD5ROy9oI

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Fucker literally used the ONLY version that hits the crouching opponent

It's gotta be performance art.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Rashid was a pretty cool guy in the story, if nothing else.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!

bhsman posted:

[*]No idea; the only reason we never saw her, I imagine, is so Capcom reveals she isn't dead at some point? IDK, that was a weird plot point that they never really addressed, especially consider the amount of effort they put into stuff like Peter or the Dolls.

Wasn't she the person that FANG turned into poison ash while Rashid was "saving" the little girl? Or was he chasing down and killing the other hackers just for the hell of it?

Baal posted:

Oh and Gill shows up and Helen's face looks atrocious and she's apparently Gill's secretary that almost no one actually knew the name of or even remembered and the big twist is she's been russian the whole game for some reason? Wtf. Also why is the big revealing shot that Gill hits her with ice and then her hair and clothes change?

I spent the first part of the story wondering if she was actually Kolin working for Urien on Gil's behalf or just Urien's Kolin counterpart, but after Urien showed up and she was clearly sick of his poo poo the reveal didn't come as a big surprise. Also I think there was a promo comic or some poo poo where Kolin and Urien find and recruit Nash which was also a tip-off.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I thought the dude FANG melted was a guy

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Vanrushal posted:

Wasn't she the person that FANG turned into poison ash while Rashid was "saving" the little girl? Or was he chasing down and killing the other hackers just for the hell of it?

It's her, but that wasn't the point of the original post. Like, she's nothing but a plot device, a random mook...and the entire motivation for one of the main characters to get involved with the story. She doesn't even get a name, or a flashback scene, we're just supposed to buy they have such a deep relationship that the guy would go against Shadaloo on her word. It's not unclear writing, it's just plain bad writing.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Fang is supposed to have gross hands because of the poison but he just looks like he hasn't washed them in a month.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Vanrushal posted:

I think that was just a random hacker. I thought it was intentionally ambiguous who Rashid's friend was. And then I thought it must be C. Viper because she and rashid are high tech bros.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Bison says "This is delicious" and that's all I need to know about the story mode. I'm a sucker for subtle references to memes.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It is kind of funny that the two probably least played characters get the most attention in story mode

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Jmcrofts posted:

I think that was just a random hacker. I thought it was intentionally ambiguous who Rashid's friend was. And then I thought it must be C. Viper because she and rashid are high tech bros.

Rashid drops a line to the effect of "oh, I just came here to meet a friend" when he meets FANG in the warehouse. If that was just a random hacker then I can't even give Capcom credit for subtle foreshadowing.

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

I liked it how Guile, whose motivation has always been avenging Charlie's death even at the cost of his relationship with his friends and family, was only slightly sceptical at Charlie's sudden appearance

They also hosed up by not playing Rashid's theme when he gets his moment

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Story Mode was so loving mediocre. The only good parts were the Juri scenes, especially Juri x Vega scene.
Everything else put me to sleep and all fights being 1 round and babby difficulty didn't help either.
I think I lost one single time during the whole story mode and only because I got an aneurysm mid-way.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Gief screaming "MUSCLE!" whenever he is on screen is pretty much the only redeeming part of the story.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Urien's CA leaves him in a thong. Not in story mode obviously, but I guess they wanted a little continuity between scenes? Makes sense... looks just like his 3S intro.

E: Wait I'm thinking of one of his win poses I think.
\/\/\/ Yeah, I know.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jul 5, 2016

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Uhh no that does not look like his 3s intro in the slightest

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Firstborn posted:

Urien's CA leaves him in a thong. Not in story mode obviously, but I guess they wanted a little continuity between scenes? Makes sense... looks just like his 3S intro.

E: Wait I'm thinking of one of his win poses I think.

Only good if it stays that way between rounds.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
His CA looks like one of his 3S winposes, although in 3S he was in his thong from the start

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Gutcruncher posted:

His CA looks like one of his 3S winposes, although in 3S he was in his thong from the start

Yeah, I think it was an orange pillar and his silhouette is back in the suit. I don't know if it stays in between rounds, but in Training if you do the CA again he's back in the suit.
E:
TBF lightning makes more sense with his abilities. Isn't he like earth/lightning or metal/lightning? His fireball is called like Metallic Sphere iirc.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jul 5, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It also wasn't lightning and was like a pillar of fire

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
My favorite part of story mode was when it looked like Chun-Li was going to nurse that little girl

https://gfycat.com/IcyElderlyCattle

buffybot
Nov 7, 2002
Is there anyone in this thread that would be willing to do some coaching? I'm competing in EVO in a little over and week and I think I've gotten as good as I'm going to playing and learning stuff on my own. I'm still having a lot of trouble with Nash, Karin, Chun Li and grapplers. Zangief in particular gives me a headache. I'm currently a super bronze Ken but I am beating silver Ryus and Kens reliably and can hang in there with golds of the matchups I understand. Name your price. :)

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

buffybot posted:

Is there anyone in this thread that would be willing to do some coaching? I'm competing in EVO in a little over and week and I think I've gotten as good as I'm going to playing and learning stuff on my own. I'm still having a lot of trouble with Nash, Karin, Chun Li and grapplers. Zangief in particular gives me a headache. I'm currently a super bronze Ken but I am beating silver Ryus and Kens reliably and can hang in there with golds of the matchups I understand. Name your price. :)

I'm not great, but I'd be happy to run sets with you at least if you don't find anyone to play with. Mainly play Laura and Ryu.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

buffybot posted:

Get on Discord

buffybot
Nov 7, 2002

Meridian posted:

I'm not great, but I'd be happy to run sets with you at least if you don't find anyone to play with. Mainly play Laura and Ryu.
Fantastic! I do really badly against Laura. I'm especially susceptible to her overhead.

Agoat posted:

Get on Discord

I need to sign up for Discord. Give me a minute.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Firstborn posted:

Yeah, I think it was an orange pillar and his silhouette is back in the suit. I don't know if it stays in between rounds, but in Training if you do the CA again he's back in the suit.
E:
TBF lightning makes more sense with his abilities. Isn't he like earth/lightning or metal/lightning? His fireball is called like Metallic Sphere iirc.

Yeah, Urien learned to control lightning and earth abilities.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

ZenVulgarity posted:

This game made me no longer have a drive for playing fighting games

There are so many good subtitles for this game we haven't used.

buffybot
Nov 7, 2002

Agoat posted:

Get on Discord

I said hi in the chillzone. What next?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Baal posted:

Here are the SFV spoilers

-Balrog, Vega, and Ed do nothing
Excuse me, but if you check the tape, every time Vega is on screen he's busy owning the crap out of Cammy.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

buffybot posted:

uninstall SFV and never play it again. You'll be much happier.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

A.o.D. posted:

Excuse me, but if you check the tape, every time Vega is on screen he's busy owning the crap out of Cammy.

Push Ed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

buffybot posted:

Find people to play against and learn from. Play long sets. I may be on soon. No promises.