Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

Grognan posted:

You seem high on your own farts, I rec turning on the fan in your mech.

Idk if you're aware but this is a video game which is separate from the reality in which we exist.

My point is that if Mr Russian turns on a fan in game , it will have no effect on his farts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Also I think it is incredibly inconsiderate to assume that everyone can afford a fan in their mech :colbert:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

ChrisHansen posted:

Idk if you're aware but this is a video game which is separate from the reality in which we exist.

My point is that if Mr Russian turns on a fan in game , it will have no effect on his farts

Excuse me but farts are what power jump jets thank you very much.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Holy hell I did it. I got the Nova. Finally done with scouting missions.

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib

Grognan posted:

You seem high on your own farts, I rec turning on the fan in your mech.

It's obvious you are trying to look "cool" or "hip" in the eyes of your low level colleagues, but your avatar perfectly illustrates how you view my magnificence in actuality.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I farted.

mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
So I'm guessing the best way to sealclub myself to rank 5 (or to keep my rank down) would be to use unmodified urbanmechs on a consistent basis?
Or should I also deploy metal babies?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Artificer posted:

All I need are 2 more wins, and 11 more Kill Most Damages. Anyone got tips? This is miserable. I've only got the trial Stormcrow.

Did you take a faction or are you freelancing?
i.e. can you go IS or are you locked in clans?
What are the current trial mechs for the factions? For scouting purposes i mean.
Do you have the dough to buy a clan medium?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Skoll posted:

I farted.

Was it enough to jump the wall on HPG?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

DancingShade posted:

Was it enough to jump the wall on HPG?

It was enough to jump the wall into a better game.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Did you take a faction or are you freelancing?
i.e. can you go IS or are you locked in clans?
What are the current trial mechs for the factions? For scouting purposes i mean.
Do you have the dough to buy a clan medium?

Locked in clans. Arctic Cheetah, Shadow Cat, Stormcrow, Mist Lynx.

Doesn't matter though I'm done now!

Will still take advice though.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
From that lineup, cheetah is probably best choice for scouting if you know ho wto handle that thing.
The trial crow is horribly configured, the cat is a nice sniper but not of great use in 4v4 where it comes down to close-up and personal brawls 99% of the time.

Glad you did it, i still need 4 more wins and 15 intel to get this done, because thanks to the mighty griffins i got drawn ito scoutings.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Yolomon Wayne posted:

From that lineup, cheetah is probably best choice for scouting if you know ho wto handle that thing.
The trial crow is horribly configured, the cat is a nice sniper but not of great use in 4v4 where it comes down to close-up and personal brawls 99% of the time.

Glad you did it, i still need 4 more wins and 15 intel to get this done, because thanks to the mighty griffins i got drawn ito scoutings.

Cheetah isn't great for getting the Kill Most Damage Assistance challenge. That ended up being my final roadblock.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Artificer posted:

Cheetah isn't great for getting the Kill Most Damage Assistance challenge. That ended up being my final roadblock.

Im confident ill churn out 4 wins this evening, but i dont feel well at the prospect of taking a turbo-light to farm the missing intel.
Basically fucks the other 3 guys over. I reported that spider for "helping the enemy".

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I was dumb and nostalgic enough to buy the phoenix hawk. I haven't as of yet been dumb enough to log in and play with one yet.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

A.o.D. posted:

I was dumb and nostalgic enough to buy the phoenix hawk. I haven't as of yet been dumb enough to log in and play with one yet.

Declare it an act of charity and sell them to free up mechbays.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Declare it an act of charity and sell them to free up mechbays.

Yeah.

It's pretty much un-salvageable as a mech unless it gets seriously re-quirked.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
is there a way to do that without logging in?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

A.o.D. posted:

is there a way to do that without logging in?

Nope!

Make sure to first strip them in the mechbay so you can sell off all the components or use them in other builds. :eng101:

Being in a Cicada felt like God Mode compared to a loving PHX. It was baaaad.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Its one of the best feelings if you are piloting a whatever, and suddenly a phoenix pops up.
Youre perfectly safe from harm and get free points.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
So ive got my griffins basicd, working on elite now.
Whats the next mech i should be looking at?

So far i have

INNER SPHERE
Lights:
Firestarter
Mediums:
Cicadas, Crab, Griffins
Heavies:
Archers, Marauders, Jaegers, Warhams
Assaults:
Atlas, Stalker, Battlemasters

CLAN:
Lights:
Cheetah, Jenner IIC
Mediums:
Stormcrows
Heavies:
Ebon Jag, Madde Dogge, Timbers
Assaults:
Dire Wolves, Kodiaks

Is there anything essential im missing?
Nothing really screams at me at the moment, but i cant just *not* get new mechs somehow.
What is great fun, actually useful AND missing in my stables right now?
Maulers? Shadowhawks? Shadowcats? Give me ideas!

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
Master the locust my friend and enjoy being the smallest fastest mech in the game

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Seconding the Locust.

Hunchie, Catapult, Blackjack, King Crab are other fun IS mechs. The Black Knight isn't particularly fun but it is particularly good.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Been watching some old beef videos in the meantime, stumbled upon this and had a smile:

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Why does every vindicator build I look at not have PPCs? I thought the ppc heat on it was good but no one is using it. Am I bad, or is it the mwo community that is bad?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Yolomon Wayne posted:

What is great fun, actually useful AND missing in my stables right now?
Maulers? Shadowhawks? Shadowcats? Give me ideas!

Blackjacks, Hunch IICs, Hellbringers. I've been having fun with Novas if you can stand playing an ambush-only medium.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Been watching some old beef videos in the meantime, stumbled upon this and had a smile:

:frogout:

Buschmaki posted:

Why does every vindicator build I look at not have PPCs? I thought the ppc heat on it was good but no one is using it. Am I bad, or is it the mwo community that is bad?

The PPC build is bad, so people try other things, only to learn that the Vindi is even worse when it's trying to do anything else.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
Pubbie watching is my new hobby.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
The Hunchback one baffles me the most. :psyduck:

Beraiye
Oct 27, 2014
Gauss Raven best Raven

the small laser is a nice touch. genius.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Beraiye posted:

Gauss Raven best Raven

Quoth the Graven: "Ammo depleted."

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Beraiye posted:

Gauss Raven best Raven

That's just a half ton less of awesome. :colbert:

Swiller of Beer
Jan 2, 2003
Cold Hearted S.O.B.
Soiled Meat
I have found a fun way to play when dropping on a long tom planet in CW. Bring a PB, Cicada, Jenner and a 80 kph Warhammer, convince some other pubbies to go light, swarm the other team to get long tom smoke on them, then run as they get blown up and then let their tears wash over you as they whine.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Yolomon Wayne posted:

in one of the B33f's comp videos you can hear modpud at the beginning of the match being like "wouldn't it be weird if they like ... brought a banshee to this map?" and then later she's like "yessss I called it!" after the enemy Banshee gets cored (going over a hill modpud told them to look toward before anyone could see anything)

it is extremely good

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Hahaha wow. Which vid is this, because i want to see it now.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Beraiye posted:

Gauss Raven best Raven

Gotta have the extra up close punch.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

TheParadigm posted:

Hahaha wow. Which vid is this, because i want to see it now.

hilariously I think he deleted it but I swear it exist(s)(ed)

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

mcjomar posted:

So I'm guessing the best way to sealclub myself to rank 5 (or to keep my rank down) would be to use unmodified urbanmechs on a consistent basis?
Or should I also deploy metal babies?

You need metal babbies or something faster if you want to get any cbills or die quickly enough. Urbanmechs are just too slow to charge into the enemy spawnpoint and get murdered by 12 reds.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Pattonesque posted:

in one of the B33f's comp videos you can hear modpud at the beginning of the match being like "wouldn't it be weird if they like ... brought a banshee to this map?" and then later she's like "yessss I called it!" after the enemy Banshee gets cored (going over a hill modpud told them to look toward before anyone could see anything)

it is extremely good

As I understand it, this was supposedly the first Banshee brought to competitive play ever.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
After watching some more competitive videos, especially in 0.25 speed, their mechs seem to have an uncanny ability to have their aim-circle jump between hitboxes without really travelling the space between them.
Also it seems quite easy to stay exactly on the legs of a cicada jumping from cover into cover while getting hammered by screenshaking autocannon fire.
Im sure this is all skill and im just bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Also the event has been extended until 11th.

• Locked thread