Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Poor guy, old PC games are a fuckin' pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

And just when I thought they had relatively few technical problems this year.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

doctor, have you determined the problem

i have. your prognosis is grim. you're suffering from...

playing a bioware game

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

Quest For Glory II posted:

can it be. the successor to noobest dark souls @ ESA

What could be so bad-- 2 hours 40? Oh. Oh dear. ... I think I need to watch this.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
More like BioWear

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Golbez posted:

What could be so bad-- 2 hours 40? Oh. Oh dear. ... I think I need to watch this.

What's wrong with going nearly an hour over estimate? :v:

Northan
Nov 6, 2011

Spear Spear Spear Spear
Spear Spear Spear Spear
Man I played through KOTOR 1 and 2 on pc this last winter and those pc ports are just a complete buggy mess.

That stop moving after combat bug is in both games. While v-sync does fix it, it's so much worse in 2 because the standard v-sync makes the game perform and stutter badly even on modern computers. poo poo's bad.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Northan posted:

Man I played through KOTOR 1 and 2 on pc this last winter and those pc ports are just a complete buggy mess.

That stop moving after combat bug is in both games. While v-sync does fix it, it's so much worse in 2 because the standard v-sync makes the game perform and stutter badly even on modern computers. poo poo's bad.

it's a pity because they're both loving amazing and would be great for speedrunning if poo poo like this didn't happen every time someone does

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

poo poo, I was playing Zero Time Dilemma during Jedi Academy. Guess I'm going back and watching the VOD right fuckin' now based on the thread's reaction to it.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I missed a few moments and all of a sudden he has hundreds of skill points.

Northan
Nov 6, 2011

Spear Spear Spear Spear
Spear Spear Spear Spear

Azazell0 posted:

I missed a few moments and all of a sudden he has hundreds of skill points.

I also blinked.

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
spike vegeta

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

This run isn't bad by any means, but the runner is just .. a bit more soft-spoken and low-energy compared to the Jedi Academy one. The game is longer, so it's not surprising.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Today is so stacked with good games I'm having trouble working out when I'll fit in everything I missed overnight.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
That's a time paradox right there

Also, lol at Revan's missing face. Spoilers averted!

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
someone please mercy kill this "speed" "run"

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
ResidentSleeper

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I blinked once and nothing happens because this is pretty boring.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
star bores

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Snore Wars

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Please don't speedrun RPGs, unless it's Morrowind and you just fly to the end in a few minutes

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Yes, a JRPG that's already been run in the past 5 marathons would've been much better.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Unless your poo poo is real special, your speed run should never be over an hour for anything ever

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Unless your poo poo is real special, your speed run should never be over an hour for anything ever

Eh Dark Souls 1 was about an hour for the longest time and that was fine.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
A chill PC run in the dead hours of the night is always a good breather for a GDQ event, haters beware.
I remember the SC2 run Raelkun did some years ago and it was good as well.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Just think of how many 10 minute pony games could've fit in this time...

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

They could have just run Escape From Atlantis 20 times instead. That would be great.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
Take a bath

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

I'm just upset that Carrie is going to win the Castlevania 64 run, again, as she's a far easier and more boring character to see run.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

saihttam posted:

Take a bath

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Thank gently caress this is over.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Time for Studio & Shaddex!

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Okay yeah watching a single dude awkwardly walk in, look around and walk back out is pretty hilarious.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
i get that it's late, but the idea of a crowd cam is to actually cut to the crowd, which is hard to do when there's nobody there

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Hey folks...

Studio here.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

sweetroy posted:

i get that it's late, but the idea of a crowd cam is to actually cut to the crowd, which is hard to do when there's nobody there

"The crowd has voted Brexit"

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
and now the stream is down. been a rough few hours

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

:rip: audience, :rip: stream

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I didnt mind the KOTOR run, made for good background noise. Now let's support our boi Studio or hope he fucks up whatever ends up being more entertaining.

Also, I liked the old schedule layout better, it made it clearer when something was a race/co-op and who was chilling on the couch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
"Hi I'm Studio, and I have a foot pedal!"

Off to a great start I see.

• Locked thread