Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

what would the converter even be for?

is a 5150 DIN not pin-compatible with the AT DIN ?

nope.

apparently there are 'AT' and 'XT' keyboards, typical ibm means they both use 5 pin DIN. AT is pin-compat with modern ps/2, XT is some kind of moonspeak that requires an active converter. they are unidirectional too, so no lock indicator lights on mine

e: who has two thumbs and learned all this after spending :20bux: at microcenter? :mmmhmm:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
thanks, ibm. thibm.

streetlamp
May 7, 2007

Danny likes his party hat
He does not like his banana hat
warning my poker II is now v cute

(excuse the terrible photo)

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

streetlamp posted:

this is the worst keyboard that i have ever seen. cast it back into the trash heap from whence it came. begone!

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

streetlamp posted:

honestly the worst thing about this is that it has a black frame instead of a white one and that fucks it up a bit

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
finaly found my modem l i n the storeage unit the other day ant ist hooked up and the hhksb lite is remove and it is so loving soft and click i love it

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
i have no problem with that poker. godspeed yospos poster "streetlamp".

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

streetlamp posted:

cute is one thing, but muh F keys and home row ;_;

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

streetlamp posted:

does this have v subtle white on white lettering?

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

b0red posted:

does this have v subtle white on white lettering?

yeah this is bothering me

streetlamp
May 7, 2007

lol yes it has subtle lettering that i took a terrible picture of, here

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

oh my god, it even has a watermark

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

streetlamp posted:

keyboard is real nice imho

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

streetlamp posted:

lol yes it has subtle lettering that i took a terrible picture of, here

they look like some kinda candies

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
*licks streetlamp's keyboard*

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

streetlamp
May 7, 2007

the candies are v good but today my code output was super low because everyone noticed it and wanted to taste them candies

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Illusive Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004
RIP John McCain feel better xoxo 💋 🙏
Taco Defender
I bought a k70 rgb and it's one of the dumbest things i've ever bought. I like the size of it and how it feels (could be a quieter maybe). I hate the dumb lights gimmick. I don't know how I thought I would enjoy this. it's also broken (hitting numpad minus makes the keyboard think i smashed my hand down on every key/button in the vicinity) so i can return it for a boxed one and ebay or something. what's the correct replacement?

streetlamp posted:

thats a v cute keyboard

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

i got a paracord usb cable for my keyboard

shame it didn't match the control key exactly.

b0red fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jul 6, 2016

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

idk if its cute, but it sure is something

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

idgi

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

maniacdevnull posted:

nope.

apparently there are 'AT' and 'XT' keyboards, typical ibm means they both use 5 pin DIN. AT is pin-compat with modern ps/2, XT is some kind of moonspeak that requires an active converter. they are unidirectional too, so no lock indicator lights on mine

e: who has two thumbs and learned all this after spending :20bux: at microcenter? :mmmhmm:

update:

i found a couple of solid looking arduino examples i might crib from, and i bought a knock-off leo (atmega32U4) from amazon
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B012FOV17O/
this might end up being cheaper than the AT -> PS2 -> USB bits i bought from microcenter (yes, my time is quite worthless)

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

BONGHITZ posted:

idk if its cute, but it sure is pinku

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Hi im looking for a keyboard. it must be pinku (thats japanese for pink) or any girl color. It has to be of 2 or more reberu (thats japanese for 2 layers) and has be be chibi (small) sized. And has to be really kawaii (cute). Also It has to be about 100-200 bux. And you have to post pics of it first (i want to make shure it's kawaii [cute]). And it would be nice if it came with matching paracord. OH! and it CANNOT have any cartoon pictures, or be made out of ABS. It has to be made of PBT, or something like that. Also it would be nice if it was made in japan. and not in china or corea (korea) or whatever. I have found a keyboard similar to the one im describing in e-bay, but it was cherry MX, and i dont want my yubi (fingers) to touch an inferior keycap ( I need torpe made by superior japanese)

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

Salt Fish posted:

Hi im looking for a keyboard. it must be pinku (thats japanese for pink) or any girl color. It has to be of 2 or more reberu (thats japanese for 2 layers) and has be be chibi (small) sized. And has to be really kawaii (cute). Also It has to be about 100-200 bux. And you have to post pics of it first (i want to make shure it's kawaii [cute]). And it would be nice if it came with matching paracord. OH! and it CANNOT have any cartoon pictures, or be made out of ABS. It has to be made of PBT, or something like that. Also it would be nice if it was made in japan. and not in china or corea (korea) or whatever. I have found a keyboard similar to the one im describing in e-bay, but it was cherry MX, and i dont want my yubi (fingers) to touch an inferior keycap ( I need torpe made by superior japanese)

youre trying to hard. ineffective burn.

found your keyboard waifu anyway

warhero
Apr 4, 2016
i unironically really need a pinku keyboard with a cute braided cable myself

streetlamp
May 7, 2007

fuckin same

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

b0red posted:

youre trying to hard. ineffective burn.

found your keyboard waifu anyway

this owns

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
hangul is the poo poo

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Symbolic Butt posted:

hangul is the poo poo
itd own to learn korean some day, it's pretty cool as a language though writing system would feel fucky initially

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

lmao at paying $40+ for single bespoken keycaps

blowfish do look cool though

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

Salt Fish posted:

screw you b0red this is a great post

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Salt Fish posted:

source you are quotes

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Skim Milk posted:

source you are quotes

lol if you dont

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

JewKiller 3000 posted:

screw you b0red this is a great post

if it's from reddit/real i'd laugh but all the english translations are a bit much since no one would do that

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

the man posted it, i enjoyed the post. i typed my reply using dragon naturally speaking.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

BONGHITZ posted:

the man posted it, i enjoyed the post. i typed my reply using dragon naturally speaking.
i hope you used robot voice pack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

it doesn't matter. props for even effortposting.

here are some unconventional setups

• Locked thread