Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
2:25 PM Freedom Planet Fladervy 0:15:00
0:44:00 Milla - Hard
3:24 PM Guacamelee: Gold Edition Grimelios 0:10:00
0:40:00 Any%
4:14 PM Dustforce DX Sivade35 0:10:00
1:15:00 SS All Levels

pro block

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its amazing how poorly nearly all N64 games aged

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
what is Curse of Issyos, this looks sweet

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Eonwe posted:

pro block

I really wish Freedom Planet was Lilac instead of Milla. I want to see them fly at lightspeed through the levels and Milla is kind of a slower character

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Eonwe posted:

what is Curse of Issyos, this looks sweet

Made by same person who made maldita castille, a game these guys raced (it was great)

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.

Eonwe posted:

its amazing how poorly nearly all N64 games aged

If it wasn't developed by Nintendo, it's essentially unplayable.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Eonwe posted:

pro block

Indie pc block is strong as gently caress

Momo4a having been submitted on insane has mine legitimately questioning half's sanity

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Flinger posted:

Made by same person who made maldita castille, a game these guys raced (it was great)

I thought it was the same guys, they have great banter. This will be fun to watch.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
"some nerd'll just have 20HP for no reason" gently caress yes this run

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm going to have to get this game, it looks awesome

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
How were the runs after Wolfenstein? I really hope KotoR turned out well.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
I dig the banter between these guys. All runs should have a legit comedy team.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
This is A Good Run/Race.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i should give freedom planet another shot. tried playing the adventure mode or whatever and auuuugh

it was like a furry webcomic in motion and i endured around two minutes of it

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
"look how long it reaches, it's long enough to reach this sword"

okay this is pretty funny

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Locomalito's website is loading very slowly right now :lol:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That website is indeed busted

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
remember at AGDQ when they did a race of some weird homebrew zelda-like that made no sense and sucked?

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
it's a balance between people who are funny enough to be entertaining to watch and people who are nerdy enough to spend the hundreds or thousands of hours it takes to be good at speedrunning a game. they are venn diagrams with a tiny intersection

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
At SGDQ after 30-odd hours of traveling. Now to watch while finishing dissertation revisions, because my life decisions are the best and worst all at the same time.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

This is a good speedrun, the banter between the two of them are good and they can speak well in front of everyone

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i should give freedom planet another shot. tried playing the adventure mode or whatever and auuuugh

it was like a furry webcomic in motion and i endured around two minutes of it

You can play Freedom Planet without the cutscenes. The gameplay itself is real good despite those dastardly furries

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

It's meat! I'm alive!

This is great.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Two best friends killing skeleton friends.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Macaluso posted:

I really wish Freedom Planet was Lilac instead of Milla. I want to see them fly at lightspeed through the levels and Milla is kind of a slower character

Milla's faster by several minutes??????

seriously I actually submitted a lilac run this GDQ and it didn't get in and there's a reason for that watch that run and observe proper Milla technique because that character is nothing approaching slower. She is the fastest character in the game bar none.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
That was a really loving good race, those two bounce off each other super well

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Milla's faster by several minutes??????

seriously I actually submitted a lilac run this GDQ and it didn't get in and there's a reason for that watch that run and observe proper Milla technique because that character is nothing approaching slower. She is the fastest character in the game bar none.

Is she? Her stages just felt slower because of the mechanics. I'll definitely watch the speedrun.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Good guys, good run.

Edit: Here's a video of last year's Maldita Castilla run by the same dudes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Aaq6hGAYvo

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

I haven't been able to catch much live so far, what have been the absolute must see runs?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Rirse posted:

KotoR is amazingly broken but there were some issues. I think it's worth the wait but a lot of people were bored. Also it probably can't hold a candle to how loving bonkers the Dark Forces games are

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Macaluso posted:

Is she? Her stages just felt slower because of the mechanics. I'll definitely watch the speedrun.

She is the only character who can hit the speed cap basically on command due to how the recoil from her main method of attack works. It's basically 2d Quake, rocket jumps for daaaaays.

also her skips are loving absurd and numerous because she's not programmed correctly

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Rirse posted:

It was pretty good, despite some technical difficulties at the start

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Schurik posted:

I haven't been able to catch much love so far, what have been the absolute must see runs?

Definitely watch the Catherine co-op with one person run.

Fiblah
Jul 22, 2007

Rirse posted:

Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy was awesome, probably my favorite run of the marathon so far. The start of KotoR was a clusterfuck and worth watching because how bad it was, but I ended up falling asleep after the run was restarted because it was at 4am for crying out loud so I have no idea about how it turned out.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

CrashCat posted:

KotoR is amazingly broken but there were some issues. I think it's worth the wait but a lot of people were bored. Also it probably can't hold a candle to how loving bonkers the Dark Forces games are

Dunban posted:

It was pretty good, despite some technical difficulties at the start

Good, I will catch both of them later on.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Are people just doing the DS thing because of that one guy that caught the attention of the Twitch chat last year?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
the memes, Jack

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Oh dear...Castlevania 64...do we have to?

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

elentar posted:

At SGDQ after 30-odd hours of traveling. Now to watch while finishing dissertation revisions, because my life decisions are the best and worst all at the same time.

If you're bored at night, the board game crew is usually quite alive :toot:

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Will definitely stop by, I'm scheduled for two graveyard shifts later this week. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

And they just did a quick interview with the dudes from the last run. They are great.

SOTN tracks are getting me hyped.

• Locked thread