Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So I don't know if this has been discussed, but could this mean the end of the Union Jack? I really like that flag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

We were promised a Brexit. What's taking you so long you drat brits?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

kikkelivelho posted:

Two people tried to leave through the same door at the same time sparking the dreaded "British Apology Loop."

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

kikkelivelho posted:

All EU referenda eventually get overturned. Ireland voted incorrectly in 2008 and got a new one in 2009, Greece said "we're not accepting these bailout conditions" and the EU said "lol gently caress you" and replaced their government.

We're not leaving the EU lol

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Solice Kirsk posted:

So I don't know if this has been discussed, but could this mean the end of the Union Jack? I really like that flag.

if scotland somehow gets independence i think we might lose the saltire

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-25205017 shows some designs

i like the pissjack (the very first one)

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Blacktoll posted:

I read some noise about Texit earlier. I'd like to say that as an American, we'd have no problem murdering every texan in a civil war, keep the state and let Mexicans come in a droves.

Uhh no we wouldn't. What are talking about?

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
god drat the royal coat of arms is fabulously gay

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

if scotland somehow gets independence i think we might lose the saltire

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-25205017 shows some designs

i like the pissjack (the very first one)

:barf:

"Let's make our flag look like a goddamned optical illusion!"

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
Im gonna find you johnny yates and Im gonna kick your fuckin rear end

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

:barf:

"Let's make our flag look like a goddamned optical illusion!"

God that's ugly ! They need to take examples from the past. Those guys knew a thing or 2 about pageantry.

Like this. Maybe throw in some of the sigils of any dukedoms or other fiefs conquered in the meantime.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Decebal posted:

God that's ugly ! They need to take examples from the past. Those guys knew a thing or 2 about pageantry.

Like this. Maybe throw in some of the sigils of any dukedoms or other fiefs conquered in the meantime.

get rid of that harp and chuck in whatever bullshit heraldic symbols they made up for gibraltar and replace that scottish lion bullshit with the same for the falklands imo

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

here made a nice flag for little england to use once we're out of the EU and we get rid of those scots

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

here made a nice flag for little england to use once we're out of the EU and we get rid of those scots

planning on shaving off Wales as well? they voted Leave just as much as the English

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Earwicker posted:

planning on shaving off Wales as well? they voted Leave just as much as the English

there's a detachable wales, i forgot to velcro it on

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Wales will become the dominion of Charlotte Church, whereupon she'll conquer Europe by force to reunite the EU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Solice Kirsk posted:

to be honest they should have taken 75% of the irish cross off a long time ago

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

RobattoJesus posted:

Wales will become the dominion of Charlotte Church, whereupon she'll conquer Europe by force to reunite the EU

i'll follow a cute chunky chick with big boobs anywhere

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Seems kinda expensive as far as flag designs go but maybe this new improved Britain can take the costs, seeing as they'll no longer be chained by the EU.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

kikkelivelho posted:

Seems kinda expensive as far as flag designs go but maybe this new improved Britain can take the costs, seeing as they'll no longer be chained by the EU.

we now have an extra £350 million per week to spend on the flag so it should be ok

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

needs more right angles

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Fried Watermelon posted:

needs more right angles

sorry the round edges are due to the manufacturing process used by alibaba suppliers when making the detachable cornwall, kent and cumbria, these will be addressed in future production runs

e: these will be made in englaland when wages are competitive with china

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

sorry the round edges are due to the manufacturing process used by alibaba suppliers when making the detachable cornwall, kent and cumbria, these will be addressed in future production runs

e: these will be made in englaland when wages are competitive with china

I think he meant adding some neat 90 degree angles in the middle of each of the straight lines.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Chinatown posted:

i hope the pound hits dollar parity

i will laugh and then probably go take a nice vacation there

There are hundreds of nice vacation spots in Europe. None of them are in the UK

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

yeah to anyone planning a vacay in england: never come here

hth

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

yeah to anyone planning a vacay in england: never come here

hth

I think it'd be exiting in a one time safari kind a way

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
this is all just another plot from the map makers guild

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
The only time I've ever felt like a second-class citizen was flying into London. The passport lines were 'EU' and 'rest of the world' and the EU line was 5x longer, but the Spanish people I was traveling with were through the other side watching me get interrogated for 30 minutes when I was obviously a privileged American only visiting for a few days. It was bullshit.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Possible resignations storm theory: Tony Blair is paying people a million quid a go to distrct from Chilcott??

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

el dingo posted:

There are hundreds of nice vacation spots in Europe. None of them are in the UK

the euro will probably get dragged down further by the gbp

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Britain is a lot like Game of Thrones. It's fun to watch on tv, but you'd have to be a loving idiot to actually want to go there.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
This one is giving me a boner for some reason :awesome:

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

RobattoJesus posted:

Britain is a lot like Game of Thrones. It's fun to watch on tv, but you'd have to be a loving idiot to actually want to go there.

If you don't go through with this brexit poo poo even the fun part will be in question. The expectations have been set. Don't let us down brits.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Needs a rattlesnake in one claw and a laurel branch in the other. Other than that looks good!

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
the tower of London looks like it would be cool to visit, so does Dartmoor

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
cornwall will rise again

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I just want to go to an English McDonald's and criticize their American fast food.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Decebal posted:

I'm half convinced that whoever made these designs was chanting "Death to vexillology!" while he was doing it.

:shepface: An ugly palette combined with a overly detailed seal that covers half of the flag, what's not to love?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

so everyone who wanted brexit realized it was a poo poo show which would destroy their career so they've all resigned or whatever. it's just not gonna happen, the vote isn't legally binding and no one wants to do it lol

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

RobattoJesus posted:

I think he meant adding some neat 90 degree angles in the middle of each of the straight lines.

That would add a little je ne sais quoi

*kisses fingers*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

hemale in pain posted:

so everyone who wanted brexit realized it was a poo poo show which would destroy their career so they've all resigned or whatever. it's just not gonna happen, the vote isn't legally binding and no one wants to do it lol

Farage is taking over from Katy Hopkins on LBC and the whole of Brexit was just his Machiavellian plot to become a DJ

• Locked thread