Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
is there any other way to get a mask of ifrit aside from the amazon deal that ended yesterday?

if not, if anyone has a code they won't be using i can probably scrounge something up to trade for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

Rafza posted:

is there any other way to get a mask of ifrit aside from the amazon deal that ended yesterday?

if not, if anyone has a code they won't be using i can probably scrounge something up to trade for it

Sending you a PM.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

garfield hentai posted:

Sending you a PM.

You are a godsend, thanks again!!!

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
Still have the wings and the other mask if anyone wants them. PM me for em, I'd rather they go to someone who really wants them than someone who's just grabbing a free code on a whim.

PS oh yeah I never actually posted in here before; I'm Lord Giegue on Cactuar with l54 Warrior as my main

garfield hentai fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Jul 5, 2016

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

I'm having a weird problem, maybe one of you guys knows how to fix it. Every time I start typing in chat, it'll start switching around what channel I'm talking in. Like if I type "m", it tries to PM someone, if the letter "u" is used, it switches to shout - is there some weird setting that I accidentally turned on?

e: never mind, looks like I had turned on the fresh hell that is legacy mode somehow

A Spider Covets fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jul 5, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I think one of your modifier keys (shift of ctrl, I forget which) is considered as being held down by the game, for some reason. If you're running the game through Steam (as a non-Steam game or not) and have an overlay bind that uses any of alt/shift/ctrl, that can frequently happen. You can hit the modifier key again once the overlay is closed to "unstick" it.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
twenty freaking control materia explode on the 29% chance and of course the two craftsmanship pass the first try on the 16% and 10% chances

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

I've been having a weird issue where I say things in Shout and such and doesn't show up for me, but others still see it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Vadoc posted:

I've been having a weird issue where I say things in Shout and such and doesn't show up for me, but others still see it.

Do you have /shout turned off in whatever chatlog filter/tab you're in?

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Nope, I've had the same issue occasionally in /say as well. I still see other things I /say or /shout, but sometimes something I'd say just doesn't show up at all.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Vadoc posted:

Nope, I've had the same issue occasionally in /say as well. I still see other things I /say or /shout, but sometimes something I'd say just doesn't show up at all.

This has been happening to me as well, and I've made sure that /shout and /say are on / notfiltered in my chat windows.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
I'm a veteran from the 2.0 days, and one thing that has bugged me, every single content update, is how annoyingly shallow the 4-man content is in comparison to the 8-man content. Raid parties get content that challenges you, uses all your latest gear effectively, and utilizes teamwork. But for 4-man? All we get are faceroll dungeons, every single time. The ONLY exception is, of late, the Palace of the Dead. And that's a bit of a mixed bag for two reasons. One, it's not exactly challenging content, from what testers have said. And, two, it doesn't use any of the gear we earn. And I will admit that the latter is a good part of the reason why I'm fatigued on the game. I can earn all this fancy gear, but it does nothing.

I want 4-man content that makes good use of what we've gotten. Something like a savage dungeon, or smaller versions of trials. I said it similarly somewhere else, but part of the reason I'm losing interest in the game is because of similar games like Monster Hunter. In Monster Hunter, I can get 3 of my friends and we can have a grand blast playing content that genuinely challenges us and uses the gear we've acquired. In FF14, I can get 3 of my friends and faceroll through a dungeon we've all done 50 times that can be easily completed by someone 30 ilvls below us. And I'm not delusional; I know posting this isn't going to change anything, and that we're still only going to get two easy dungeons, one eight-man raid, and MAYBE something special the next patch that's ultimately a fun diversion and not much more. But plenty of my friends share the same opinion; there just isn't enough interesting content for the more casual players who can't devote themselves to full eight-man raiding.

Some people may get confused and think I mean all 4-man content should be hard. This isn't what I'm saying at all. There should still be content as easy as Antitower and Hullbreaker Hard. But why isn't there anything above that at 4-man?

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
i genuinely can't tell when posters in this thread are lifting quotes from the official forums anymore

so i'm just going to assume everything said in this thread is just an unsourced quote

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]
That was from a Reddit thread I think

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Official forums writing a thesis about it aside expert dungeons are boring as hell and I run them less and less every patch

The best thing aquapolis did was let you cap lore without entering a single dungeon

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I rarely run more than one expert roulette a week. I've seen the expert dungeons more on mentor roulette than through ex itself. I didn't run ex at all last week.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

General Morden posted:

i genuinely can't tell when posters in this thread are lifting quotes from the official forums anymore

so i'm just going to assume everything said in this thread is just an unsourced quote

I prefer to assume that without [quote] people are realposting because I'm not about to try that hard to read into intent in text

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Ciaphas posted:

I prefer to assume that without [quote] people are realposting because I'm not about to try that hard to read into intent in text

You can usually tell by the structure. Three plus paragraph STATE OF THE GAME blathering that is a complete non-sequitur relative to everything posted in recent memory? Yes, it's probably either Technogeek himself or Technogeek style OF copy/pasting.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Assume it's all quotes because if a goon really is that stupid they won't be playing long anyway

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Honestly I do wish there was some difficult 4-man content but I dunno if it's worth the dev time compared to working on something else

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Min-ilvl sync is basically the only way you can have optionally more difficult content without additional dev time

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Xenoletum posted:

I'm a veteran from the 2.0 days, and one thing that has bugged me, every single content update, is how annoyingly shallow the 4-man content is in comparison to the 8-man content. Raid parties get content that challenges you, uses all your latest gear effectively, and utilizes teamwork. But for 4-man? All we get are faceroll dungeons, every single time. The ONLY exception is, of late, the Palace of the Dead. And that's a bit of a mixed bag for two reasons. One, it's not exactly challenging content, from what testers have said. And, two, it doesn't use any of the gear we earn. And I will admit that the latter is a good part of the reason why I'm fatigued on the game. I can earn all this fancy gear, but it does nothing.

I want 4-man content that makes good use of what we've gotten. Something like a savage dungeon, or smaller versions of trials. I said it similarly somewhere else, but part of the reason I'm losing interest in the game is because of similar games like Monster Hunter. In Monster Hunter, I can get 3 of my friends and we can have a grand blast playing content that genuinely challenges us and uses the gear we've acquired. In FF14, I can get 3 of my friends and faceroll through a dungeon we've all done 50 times that can be easily completed by someone 30 ilvls below us. And I'm not delusional; I know posting this isn't going to change anything, and that we're still only going to get two easy dungeons, one eight-man raid, and MAYBE something special the next patch that's ultimately a fun diversion and not much more. But plenty of my friends share the same opinion; there just isn't enough interesting content for the more casual players who can't devote themselves to full eight-man raiding.

Some people may get confused and think I mean all 4-man content should be hard. This isn't what I'm saying at all. There should still be content as easy as Antitower and Hullbreaker Hard. But why isn't there anything above that at 4-man?

Wow what a crazy post I can't believe someone would say this.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
At least in terms of 4 mans. Otherwise you're bringing in harsher mechanics normally reserved for 8 mans where ilvl doesn't mean too much, which goes against the curve. Also while Sohr Kai is about the usual level of difficulty for a 4 man, Hullbreaker is pretty easy. The Pirate girls are too reliant on AoE's/the Coerl beating squishy people up, Whelk is alright (if annoying for MNK/DRG) and Mistbeard hits like a wet noodle aside from his insane Grenado Shot. He relies too much on Dirty Venom to make his other attacks threatening, and that only stacks to 2.

Captain Oblivious posted:

You can usually tell by the structure. Three plus paragraph STATE OF THE GAME blathering that is a complete non-sequitur relative to everything posted in recent memory? Yes, it's probably either Technogeek himself or Technogeek style OF copy/pasting.
It is getting pretty ubiquitous. Less posts I have to catch up on though.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

EponymousMrYar posted:

his insane Grenado Shot

The only thing that Grenado Shot shows me is that there's a number of Black Mages who don't know they've got Aetherial Manipulation on their bars. I've gotten commendations for sliding out of the shot instantly before, so I don't know if people just forget about it or....

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I think it says a lot that Mistbeard does more straight-up damage before he puts on the mask.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Xenoletum posted:

The only thing that Grenado Shot shows me is that there's a number of Black Mages who don't know they've got Aetherial Manipulation on their bars. I've gotten commendations for sliding out of the shot instantly before, so I don't know if people just forget about it or....
...well, I've been looking like a moron for the last few weeks of EXDR.

On the other hand, the all-goon runs I did didn't yell at me for it either. Sorry Meowy Bento :3:

e: as long as we're talking about sweet things to manipulate, it's a good way to get into the Cure IV circle for the last fight in Amdapor that I forget the name of.

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jul 5, 2016

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Ryanbomber posted:

The best thing aquapolis did was let you cap lore without entering a single dungeon

Which boggles my mind that the prices never rise on reset day and how they're continuing to decline so much that clearing 3 doors will make you more money then they're currently selling for.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I think it says a lot that Mistbeard does more straight-up damage before he puts on the mask.

Yeah, post-mask Mistbeard is basically nearly full-time Cleric Stance, while pre-mask Mistbeard is much much heavier healing.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

My one macro is a mouseover one for manipulation.

Standing too far to reach the spiderweb in City? zoooom

Forgot to pay attention and you need to hide behind a meteor or something? wheeee

I knew I was neglecting it, so I made a point of using it all the drat time, even if it was just scooting down the hallway in a dr and now it's second nature.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

So if I understand race chocobo breeding correctly, the stats themselves don't matter as much as the maximums, so there's no point in not retiring my first chocobo when it hits 40?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
aether manip is one of BLM's best skills, who the hell forgets about it

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

General Morden posted:

if its a paragraph, its lifted

nobody genuinely makes effortposts pfft

my memory may be fuzzy and im not even a level 30 PUG yet on my reroll but I fairly remember some pretty testing moments as a WHM in Cutter's Cry....

i want to do primals so bad though

quick question, I'm hoping to level my PUG to 34 so I can get the bonus exp leveling when I switch to Lancer for B4B grind :suicide:. Is this a reasonable approach to making it less painless? I've basically ignored all the quests when I stopped by Gridania as a PUG for the story so that I can pick them up for Lancer later on.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Rafza posted:

What's best is when you do it on a dragoon that's jumping.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Lastgirl posted:

quick question, I'm hoping to level my PUG to 34 so I can get the bonus exp leveling when I switch to Lancer for B4B grind :suicide:. Is this a reasonable approach to making it less painless? I've basically ignored all the quests when I stopped by Gridania as a PUG for the story so that I can pick them up for Lancer later on.

yes, that's what most people do, you're good to go

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

Lastgirl posted:

Is this a reasonable approach to making it less painless?

I know what you meant to say here, but it's kind of appropriate because skipping quests to "save" them for leveling other classes is a mistake, at least if you want to be spending the least amount of time grinding overall.

Your leveling bonus doesn't apply to quest XP so the "efficient" way to spend your quests is to spend them all on your main class. Skipping quests to "save" them for secondaries is less efficient because whatever you're doing (extra dungeons, FATEs, leves) to make up the XP you "miss" by skipping quests would be better spent on the secondary class in the first place with the 50%/100% bonus.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I always forget to esuna / leech mistbeard's heavy before grenado. It's not worth a GCD for me, and Selene will just heal the person back up. Always dps.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Davoren posted:

So if I understand race chocobo breeding correctly, the stats themselves don't matter as much as the maximums, so there's no point in not retiring my first chocobo when it hits 40?

This is correct, the more stars on them, the better. Don't even bother racing a chocobo past 40 unless it's 4 stars all the way.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

cheetah7071 posted:

Honestly I do wish there was some difficult 4-man content but I dunno if it's worth the dev time compared to working on something else
This tbh.

4man dungeons basically exist only for the latest-minus-one tome rewards now that there are much more rewarding and fun activities to get the latest ones.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Kwyndig posted:

This is correct, the more stars on them, the better. Don't even bother racing a chocobo past 40 unless it's 4 stars all the way.

Yeah. Theres only one reason to level beyond 40 until you get your perfect bird, and it's to try and fight RNG for a better learned ability to pass on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Rafza posted:

The same people that think PLD outright sucks when they have one of the strongest CD's in the game in Inner Will.

seiferguy posted:

I always forget to esuna / leech mistbeard's heavy before grenado. It's not worth a GCD for me, and Selene will just heal the person back up. Always dps.
Unless you/someone dies from it because the heavy-ing shot and Grenado do about 14-16k damage combined and Selene is probably busy overhealing the tank.
I have witnessed this from experience.

It has only caused a wipe a few times because he was past the second Dirty Venom and died before he could grenado shot everyone else to death.

• Locked thread