Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

She DOES Session really well, she also learns some buffs/some great debuffs and can pick up Agilao/Agidyne for attack variety. Her HP isn't bad either, which helps with Savage enemies, since for me they LOVE to lead off by critfucking Kiria into oblivion :argh:

I mean she's not the BEST but she's by no means garbage. I play on Hard and she's contributed quite a bit. The(admittedly very few) times you need a healer you REALLY need one.

Also PSA on her that's probably been stated before but give me this so I can pretend to be smart: Tsubasa and Itsuki's Duo attack is the only "missable" thing in the game, it depends on dialogue choices and her sidequests(basically, certain answers add points, doing her sidequests automatically adds a ton). There's some room for leeway however, just don't be a dick to her and you'll get it pretty easily.

An easily google-translatable list that's also pretty much spoiler-free

EDIT: On a completely different note, the one kind of bummer note about no english voices/battle subtitles is that there seems to be a TON of unique battle dialogue for boss fights/quests/situations. I can absolutely understand why they didn't though and I'm 100% fine with the Japanese voices, I just wish I could understand the fun mid-fight banter.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jul 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Maybe it's because I'm only on Chapter 2 but Tsubasa is a walking murder machine for me.

(also I may have had a couple of Savage Enemy Encounters where everyone but Tsubasa passed out).

Speaking of Chapter 2, any tips for getting past those cameras? I'm stuck on one just below the first teleport you unlock.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.

Instant Sunrise posted:

Speaking of Chapter 2, any tips for getting past those cameras? I'm stuck on one just below the first teleport you unlock.

You can easily walk around all of them if they aren't intentional dead ends - cast Lightoma in your skills menu or use a Flashlight! It'll pop up huge magenta laser boxes to show you where you can't walk or bypass.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If there's no obvious path behind it, you're not meant to pass it where you are.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Where's this illusory obsidian at

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Instant Sunrise posted:

Maybe it's because I'm only on Chapter 2 but Tsubasa is a walking murder machine for me.

(also I may have had a couple of Savage Enemy Encounters where everyone but Tsubasa passed out).

Wait till you get to later chapters and her Lance sessions start hitting for 50 while everyone else is 250+

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
Yasha Soul or Sword Expertise? The rest of my passive are all stat boosts that I'd rather not drop.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TEHJOE posted:

Yasha Soul or Sword Expertise? The rest of my passive are all stat boosts that I'd rather not drop.

I'd say sword expertise.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I just finished Tsubasa's third sidequest at 42 with Itsuki, 40 with Mamori, and 38 for Tsubasa as my main team, with a hilarious amount of SP skill usage and spamming magic and attack mirrors to survive the boss. The wedding dress outfit was changed so badly it's hilarious. I'm pretty positive that the only effort put into it was using the fill tool on all skin below the neck.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I have definitely not been getting much success out of Tsubasa as of chapter 3. She and Itsuki have been getting really screwed over on offensive stats :(

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Cake Attack posted:

Where's this illusory obsidian at

It's in the treasure chest room, if that helps

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I have definitely not been getting much success out of Tsubasa as of chapter 3. She and Itsuki have been getting really screwed over on offensive stats :(

Give your Incense to Itsuki. Since he's your primary party member no matter what he is the optimal choice for it. Mine was sitting at maxed out strength by the end of the game without much trouble.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

TEHJOE posted:

Sword expertise, but really stat boosts lose their impact almost entirely by the midgame and should be rotated out for expertise/soul/etc so you should get both.

EDIT: Itsuki in particular seems to go through a weird low-offensive phase, though he tends to swing back spectacularly afterward especially after class changing. Give him str/mag incense as needed too if it looks like he's getting too screwed.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jul 5, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yinlock posted:

Sword expertise, but really stat boosts lose their impact almost entirely by the midgame and should be rotated out for expertise/soul/etc so you should get both.

It's important to remember this:

Stat boosts early on are literally less than a single incense would give you and later on are less than two would give you. They are the most worthless use of your slot and should be dumped as soon as possible.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Lessail posted:

It's in the treasure chest room, if that helps

It did actually thanks

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Where are you getting all the incenses I've only had like 5 through the game

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Cake Attack posted:

Where are you getting all the incenses I've only had like 5 through the game

Detrius. Talk to the dude at the arena counter from behind, then go recruit the top hat mirage hanging out in Harajuku, he trades any incense except Luck for 9 Detrius(and gives you a free STR to start off with, and a second free STR on your first trade)

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Where's the arena lol

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Harajuku, it's the idolasphere all the way on the right.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Is there any non-lottery way to get Luck incense? I mean I'm pretty much set for it, I had a lucky run early on that let me bump Itsuki up to High naturally, Touma to Good, and Ellie up to Norm, I'm pretty much set since nobody's in the negatives but it'd be nice to have everyone at Good.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Yinlock posted:

Is there any non-lottery way to get Luck incense? I mean I'm pretty much set for it, I had a lucky run early on that let me bump Itsuki up to High naturally, Touma to Good, and Ellie up to Norm, I'm pretty much set since nobody's in the negatives but it'd be nice to have everyone at Good.

I got a bonus Luck Incense from the Detritus trader, not sure if the free ones he gives you are random or not though.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Eopia posted:

I got a bonus Luck Incense from the Detritus trader, not sure if the free ones he gives you are random or not though.

Figured it was something like that, oh well I have like a billion Melomarks from obsessively buying costumes so I guess I'll just bug Anna for a while.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

What's Luck even do in this game I haven't paid attention to it in the slightest

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Regy Rusty posted:

What's Luck even do in this game I haven't paid attention to it in the slightest

Not actually certain, but I'd hazard a guess to it affecting level up stat gains and critical rates.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

Going by SMT logic I think it's critical chance and status resistance. I know crit rate for sure since my Itsuki crits like constantly.

EDIT: Not stat gains though, the fickle hand of Fire Emblem RNG does not give a single poo poo about your puny luck stat. (I've noticed the stats seem to "correct" themselves a bit if you've had a run of poo poo levels though, people suddenly gain +4s and whatnot)

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jul 5, 2016

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Debut Smile is a great buff, and may have been the only reason I survived the Chapter 3 boss fight's initial onslaught.

Speaking of which, make sure Itsuki has Armorslayer for that fight. It easily takes off a third of his health.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Kay Kessler posted:

Debut Smile is a great buff, and may have been the only reason I survived the Chapter 3 boss fight's initial onslaught.

Speaking of which, make sure Itsuki has Armorslayer for that fight. It easily takes off a third of his health.

Hunt some rare enemies if you can too! Chapter 3 is around the point where Itsuki can make Matador, which gives the phenomenal Dual Dispatch command(which is both an Armorslayer and Horseslayer in one skill) and also the useful Quick Step. Dual Dispatch remains useful game-wide since it has no Medium-damage equivalent, so you can buff it as much as you want later without worrying about wasting time on a "replaceable" skill.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Lessail posted:

How? I've turned in the detritus I've had and I've gotten all the loot from all dungeons but the last one and no request. Does the dlc let you get some?

Lil late on this, but yeah, the Savage Hunter DLC has detritus in all corners of the dungeon (one corner randomly being a gold bar), and savage enemies will net you 11 detritus per battle - collecting ALL the detritus from the corners gets ya 18. I usually rush it as Northeast, Northwest, Southeast, and Southwest in that order. Dodging savages isn't hard, either, you just slash em from a distance and move to the left or right. Doesn't work ALL the time :v:

Anyway, the reward for beating those fuckers is sugoi as hell

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm in chapter 5 and it wants me to go to 106. I'm here and I've broken a bunch of plot walls but they all have dead ends and treasure and I'm not actually sure where I'm supposed to go here.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm in chapter 5 and it wants me to go to 106. I'm here and I've broken a bunch of plot walls but they all have dead ends and treasure and I'm not actually sure where I'm supposed to go here.

The very first wall at the entrance leads into the basement where there's four floors and a boss you need to fight

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

still a living garbage can

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

MohShuvuu posted:

Wait till you get to later chapters and her Lance sessions start hitting for 50 while everyone else is 250+

That's true, but her wind sessions hit for the 400-900 in early chapter 4 and no one can really match that, not even Kiria. Plus, she's just about the fastest party member and she's worth putting in the active party just so you can switch someone else in quickly at the start of a battle to exploit a weakness.

Tsubasa is a solid party member for me even her her healing ability is a bit wasted.

ImpAtom posted:

It's important to remember this:

Stat boosts early on are literally less than a single incense would give you and later on are less than two would give you. They are the most worthless use of your slot and should be dumped as soon as possible.

Yeah, stat boosts are literal poo poo and shouldn't waste a slot. Yasha Soul is good because crits are awesome, and the expertise skills seem to amp damage quite a bit, especially at the +x versions. Pierce is also an amazing skill everyone who can get should have.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
The problem I'm having with Kiria right now is that almost none of her attacks Session with anybody right now, so battles take just that much longer.

A Sinister Rap
Oct 19, 2012

I have no clue how to get to this unfilled section in the second part of Daiba Studio. I thought the obvious answer was to go in numerical order, but that wasn't it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Edit: Misread.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtU-EsxFMYA

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

A Sinister Rap posted:

I have no clue how to get to this unfilled section in the second part of Daiba Studio. I thought the obvious answer was to go in numerical order, but that wasn't it.

Yeah me too. I've got all the treasure in Daitama, 106, and Daitou, and everything filled in in 106 and Daitou, but that area in Daiba has me baffled, as well as whatever I'm missing in Shibuya and Daitama where there's no indication of a missing area.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

A Sinister Rap posted:

I've also been wondering that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

A Sinister Rap posted:

There's a request there later in that video room where a mirage will ask for three acting things and I guess Elle, Yashiro, and Touma gotta have something (I had their sidequests all done so maybe it is that maybe it is something else) and after that you leave and come back and certain doors will permanently have their faces on them and act like the treasure ones from the other side

edit:

Regy Rusty posted:

Yeah me too. I've got all the treasure in Daitama, 106, and Daitou, and everything filled in in 106 and Daitou, but that area in Daiba has me baffled, as well as whatever I'm missing in Shibuya and Daitama where there's no indication of a missing area.

Those two don't have any tricks so you just gotta comb over them well.

Lessail fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jul 5, 2016

• Locked thread