Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

You could say their handling of social media is "extremely careless".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

it is next to impossible to read trump transcripts

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted

Tautologicus posted:

Thanks for unskewing the polls! I was getting worried

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

Xandu posted:

Yeah they are. Orthodox doesn't necessarily mean Haredi.
i mean keeping kosher and sabbath, and according to wiki they say they do, but I bet if you just check saturday appearances by ivanka this immediately falls apart

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

magiccarpet posted:

it is next to impossible to read trump transcripts

Its because he repeats himself so many times, you read the same phrase three times in a row and your eyes start to glaze over a little

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Slate Action posted:

The smart thing for Trump to do would be to develop some message discipline and talk only about what the actual findings of the FBI investigation suggest about Hillary's trustworthiness.

The dumb thing for Trump to do would be to rant about a CONSPIRACY and flail around yelling that the whole system is bullshit because she isn't in prison right now

So far he has chosen the latter way.

The latter way really fires up the base though.

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

Rubber Tucky posted:

Are you one of those people who thinks Rabbi Lookstein isn't Orthodox?
if ivanka does a day in the life or cribs thing or whatever that shows she doesn't use unnecessary machinery on the sabbath ill eat my own loving balls (im a secular jew so i could eat them in mothers milk if i wanted to)

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Donald did complain in one of his speeches to a Jewish organization that Ivanka never calls on Saturday any more.

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

maybe nyc orthodox means something entirely different than orthodox in israel/europe but i really dont believe for a second ivanka is orthodox

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Karl Sharks posted:

so you know that means that it is quite possible that there hasn't really been an actual shift in the numbers?

so saying this is statistical noise isn't the same thing as tacking on 5 points to a point because of difference in party polled?

Im sorry, i underestimated the Commitment to the Truth of the posters in this thread. It wont happen again

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Mind you, this was the same speech where Donald said he loved Jews because they make great deals, but didn't want their money because he didn't want to be influenced by them, like other politicians.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Tautologicus posted:

Im sorry, i underestimated the Commitment to the Truth of the posters in this thread. It wont happen abain

it's okay, you just found another limit on your knowledge

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
one of the best speeches ever issued imo

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Reince needs to cut back on the drinking. Getting stumped by Wolf Blitzer is not a good look.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

Mind you, this was the same speech where Donald said he loved Jews because they make great deals, but didn't want their money because he didn't want to be influenced by them, like other politicians.

Whoa. Link to this wicked speech?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Pretty good trending hashtag right now: #1776Trump

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

David Duke, widely known for his distaste for county-level legal officials, really loves that tweet.

https://twitter.com/ShaneGoldmacher/status/750426597380030468

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
the gently caress is a zio tribalist?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Xandu posted:

jew

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
RIP Trump doing anything in Manhattan.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Sai posted:

im not gonna check it but no way kushner and ivanka are orthodox, learn your jewish denominations bitch

They totally are, it's you who can't tell the difference between "Orthodox" and Haredi/Ultra-Orthodox.

Jared Kushner is an Orthodox Jew just like Joe Lieberman and many other public figures, but Modern Orthodox Judaism doesn't require covering one's head outside of the synagogue etc.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dogstoyevsky posted:

David Duke, widely known for his distaste for county-level legal officials, really loves that tweet.

If you're a fringe right white supremacist it must feel pretty good to see a major party nominee make all the right high signs toward you.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Xandu posted:

"You see, by spelling it slightly differently than 'zionist,' no one will ever penetrate the truth behind our loathsome pro-Nazi sentiments!" David Duke, probably.

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

Patter Song posted:

They totally are, it's you who can't tell the difference between "Orthodox" and Haredi/Ultra-Orthodox.

Jared Kushner is an Orthodox Jew just like Joe Lieberman and many other public figures, but Modern Orthodox Judaism doesn't require covering one's head outside of the synagogue etc.
here in amsterdam and in tel aviv if you claim you are orthodox and press the button at the traffic light on sabbath by hand you gone

maybe you guys have some weak bitch-rear end version but theyre not orthodox by any real meaning of the word

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005

Shageletic posted:

Trump QUOTE OF THE DAY

From the same article, I really think THIS is the Trump quote of the day and it gives some backstory to the Trump/Christie dynamic:

quote:

Another producer said staffers had to scramble to re-edit footage to make it look like Trump never made bad decisions, even though he had a penchant for keeping an overweight contestant on the show for entertainment purposes.

“There was a fat contestant who was a buffoon and a f*ckup,” another producer told Slate. “And he would f*ck up week after week, and the producers would figure that he’d screwed up so badly that Trump would have to fire him. But Trump kept deciding to fire someone else. The producers had to scramble because of course Trump can never be seen to make a bad call on the show, so we had to re-engineer the footage to make a different contestant look bad. Later, I heard a producer talk to him, and Trump said, ‘Everybody loves a fat guy. People will watch if you have a funny fat guy around. Trust me, it’s good for ratings.’”

The producer added, “I look at Chris Christie now and I swear that’s what’s happening.”
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/06/hes-obsessed-with-menstruation-ex-producer-exposes-trumps-bizarre-apprentice-behavior/

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
loving peckerwood thinks he can start a meme

sherriff already has more legs than "zeo tribalist"

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Dogstoyevsky posted:

It's quite amazing how every single right wing nationalist movement has a point where one guy in the back of the room goes 'hey don't forget the Jews!' and then the movement becomes about little else

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Sai posted:

here in amsterdam and in tel aviv if you claim you are orthodox and press the button at the traffic light on sabbath by hand you gone

maybe you guys have some weak bitch-rear end version but theyre not orthodox by any real meaning of the word

Perhaps they're unOrthodox.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

I have to say, Trump has done a pretty good job these past four days of cementing the association in people's minds between accusing Hillary of being "corrupt" and being a raving nutjob Internet neo-Nazi. I'm starting to wonder if the theory about him being a plant isn't actually a joke.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

sharkbomb posted:

From the same article, I really think THIS is the Trump quote of the day and it gives some backstory to the Trump/Christie dynamic:

The Christie thing becomes 10x funnier the second you remember that he's the sitting incumbent governor of NJ. He has an actual job, and yet he spends most of his time as Trump's lackey, or, as he currently is, taking a well-deserved break from his unpaid second job by heading off to Italy to get as far away from Trump as possible.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i am waiting for the convention the way i imagine normal people anticipate a new season of game of thrones

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i am waiting for the convention the way i imagine normal people anticipate a new season of game of thrones

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/JaxAlemany/status/750454670473072640
those aren't really scams are they? I guess the line is thin in the world of super pacs?

e: love this trumpvictory.org logo:

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

Baloogan posted:

loving peckerwood thinks he can start a meme

sherriff already has more legs than "zeo tribalist"

I think you'll find both sheriffs and zio tribalists have eight legs at LEAST

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
I've been expecting Trump to go on a "retraction" tour before the GOP convention, but it doesn't seem like we are going to get one. I thought it would be wise to get a softening of Trump's stances out of the way before the convention, so the convention doesn't make Trump look weak by highlighting all the places he caved to Paul Ryan and the establishment.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

thethreeman posted:

https://twitter.com/JaxAlemany/status/750454670473072640
those aren't really scams are they? I guess the line is thin in the world of super pacs?

Great America PAC is the one that had like $40 on hand and released that weird crazy infomercial ad right?

P sure that's a scam

In fact, when it comes to third party money people on the right, you can just assume they're grifters until proven otherwise

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

TyrantWD posted:

I've been expecting Trump to go on a "retraction" tour before the GOP convention, but it doesn't seem like we are going to get one. I thought it would be wise to get a softening of Trump's stances out of the way before the convention, so the convention doesn't make Trump look weak by highlighting all the places he caved to Paul Ryan and the establishment.

i don't think there is gonna be a pivot at this rate; trump is gonna trump, win or lose.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Patter Song posted:

The Christie thing becomes 10x funnier the second you remember that he's the sitting incumbent governor of NJ. He has an actual job, and yet he spends most of his time as Trump's lackey, or, as he currently is, taking a well-deserved break from his unpaid second job by heading off to Italy to get as far away from Trump as possible.

Not only that, but he's also passing some really noxious legislation that is giving money to primarily white districts and cutting the budgets of the others. So not only is he being Rick Snyder of the East Coast, but he's doing this in between kissing Trump's rear end and asking if he wants to supersize the #1 meal.

Chris Christie is an example of doing everything wrong to absolutely no benefit at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Joementum posted:

lol

The Ooze will have his way yet...

• Locked thread