Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

a reason i 100%ed this game 6 years ago or whatever and will prob never touch dust forstrce is few few SMB levels take more than 20-25 seconds to complete. the dust forecec levels look way too grindy for me and the fact that content is locked up behind perfectly minute+ long marathons is too dire a situation for my soul.

sort of the opposite for me. SMB levels are so brief and the controls so slippery that you just sort of throw attempts at a level until you eventually pass, which isn't too satisfying

this run is sick tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
I love the "stand here" boss. I think it was last year or maybe AGDQ this year where the boss cycle got really weird and he just wouldn't do the face plant.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Ah, edmund's only game that wasn't garbage

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

tfw you're a grown man and your go-to aesthetic is early 00s newgrounds

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

something I learned from SGDQ today: thereis something incredibly soothing and comforting about PC platformers being played with a keyboard. the clickity clack to each jump is pretty cool to listen to.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Social Media posted:

is the feeling good? because early 00s newgrounds was good?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
drat gonna have to do pixel-perfect jumps to avoid all these egdy posts

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Social Media posted:

what a time to have been alive

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I cant play platformers anymore really

my wrist hurts too bad so I just stick with FPS games which are a lot easier on your wrist (if you are playing them right)

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

Eonwe posted:

is the feeling good? because early 00s newgrounds was good?

it feels bad, man.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Eonwe posted:

my wrist hurts too bad so I just stick with FPS games which are a lot easier on your wrist (if you are playing them right)

what's wrong with your wrist Eonwe

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/dannyBstyle/status/750499624029396993

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Eonwe posted:

where is god's true genre: jrpgs

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Lessail posted:

what a time to have been alive

I watchwd Xiao Xiao 3 so many times in high school :)

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

it's cotton alley

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

voltcatfish posted:

what's wrong with your wrist Eonwe

ive always had bad wrists and a hosed up left knee, but in the last few years its gotten pretty painful to use a controller

the steam controller actually makes it possible to play, its a lot less painful than other controllers

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lessail posted:

where is god's true genre: jrpgs

used to love playing them, but I get super bored with unskippable dialogue

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Run?

Good.

Runner?

Good.

Game?

Good.

Chat?

Good.

Beer?

S'alright.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

ever since my firend pointed out to me a few years ago that western developers can't make mechanically good boss fights it's like seeing the fedex arrow.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Eonwe posted:

used to love playing them, but I get super bored with unskippable dialogue

yeah that's a problem you'd think would be fixed by now.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

ever since my firend pointed out to me a few years ago that western developers can't make mechanically good boss fights it's like seeing the fedex arrow.

"okay get this, let's give the enemy a shockwave attack"

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

beep by grandpa posted:

its kind of like in a lot of japanese games important gameplay mechanics are tied to your FPS, but agreed

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lessail posted:

innovative

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Social Media posted:

Well the original Meat Boy was a Newgrounds game.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

there's a nasty thunderstorm going thru philly right now and i'm going to lose power like any second. All I have to say right now is I wish I were typing this post on one of those really loud chunky mechanical keyboards they have.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Lessail posted:

And then he charges and you need to get out of the way and make him crash into a wall!

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

there's a nasty thunderstorm going thru philly right now and i'm going to lose power like any second. All I have to say right now is I wish I were typing this post on one of those really loud chunky mechanical keyboards they have.

what are you using? I'm using a cheapo $10 one from amazon

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

this thread is the first i'm hearing about mewgenics being cancelled and now i'm mad

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

this thread is the first i'm hearing about mewgenics being cancelled and now i'm mad

Same

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Crain posted:

Run?

Good.

Runner?

Good.

Game?

Good.

Chat?

Good.

Beer?

S'alright.

Ham?

Warm.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I... I run PC games and hate how mechanical keyboards feel

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Yo that run was DOOOOPE

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Brother Entropy posted:

I think it's just indefinitely delayed.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Lessail posted:

what are you using? I'm using a cheapo $10 one from amazon

some darling little logitech wireless keyboard I have for times ilke now when I'm kickin it on my couch with my laptop plugged into my HDTV :c00l:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

this is kinda off topic but since we're talkin about meat games if any of you liked binding of isaac I started playing Enter the Gungeon on my PS4 a few weeks ago and it is dope as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccckkkkk

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Well, I'm off til the Contra 3 run.Toodles!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Brother Entropy posted:

Technically it's just on hiatus but that was to work on Meat Boy Forever which we have heard gently caress all about for like two years now. Edmund did say development was resuming on MBF since Rebirth and Fingered were more or less finished, but now he's got another expansion for Isaac in the works and another side project with whatever Legend of Bumbo is. Since there isn't even a real Team Meat site anymore, who the gently caress knows what is going on with them.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Dias posted:

I think it's just indefinitely delayed.

too late

still mad

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
The cool thing about Super Meat Boy is that all of the rotating saws and such are on level-wide cycles tied to level time in such a way that, most of the time, if you're doing the intended route as fast as possible, they'll all line up for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

some darling little logitech wireless keyboard I have for times ilke now when I'm kickin it on my couch with my laptop plugged into my HDTV :c00l:

the future is now :cool:

• Locked thread